Thread: Did your high school have a particular quadra 'feel'? could be to do with ethos/ demographics..

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Did your high school have a particular quadra 'feel'? could be to do with ethos/ demographics..

Mine was Delta-ish with a bit of Alpha. It was a nice Catholic non fee-paying school. They got good grades but they were quite strict. All girls...I liked the school but I really wasn't prepared for life outside of that bubble. I think I would have been better off in the slightly rougher Beta-looking Catholic school?

I've worked in schools that seemed more Beta/Gamma. I think the head teacher of the Beta school was actually Estp. The Beta school had a big focus on inclusivity which I loved and the kids seemed quite confident in themselves. The Gamma school was another strict religious one- it was a friendly, lively place but the kids were a bit entitled and had very poor understanding of gender inequality- the girls had low aspirations and the boys from the boys school sounded like little shits.

Sorry if any of this sounds problematic- I know it might lead to some stereotyping of quadras/ demographics. But might be interesting to discuss!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea my highschool was Beta, because the fastest way to get friends, respect, and all the girls to want you was to punch somebody in the face.

If you had friends they were only your friends for as long as you were considered "cool" after that you were old news and they were on to worshiping the next tough guy. Best way to set the stage before you got to my school was to have rumors about you spread about how you are from some tough neighborhood or been to juvi or beat up some super tough guy or multiple guys at once, so the minute you get to school all the kids are dieing to hang around you. If you are that kid, kids will name drop you just to be seen as cool for knowing you "yea me and so n so was playing ball at *cool* park.". And the girls line up to date you. I'm not even kidding, little ol EII me had 3 girls that wanted to ask me out and 2 girls giving me council on which one I should date, I had choices all because of where I was born, and every other dude that was or even appeared like a rough neck. And when I started dating one of the girls, in front of my face she'd be talking about how she loves her some *name drop tough guy*. All that disappeared for me sophmore year and I learned what fake friends were for the first time. It was amazing how quick a random person got status from either getting into fights or rumors about fights, and it was amazing how quick people ravd about one person and forgot about them for the next. Looking back it makes sense we were all teenagers, but in the thick of it it all felt waaaaaay 2 shallow. Funny enough, my ESXp cousin started at my highschool junior year and became the most popular kid his 1st month there and went through the same process as me, they loved him because of where he was born, but because he was Se and either Fe mob or demo he was able to ride that wave for over a year. Even one of the same girls that was s0 into me wrote him a love letter, like a begging to be his girlfriend love letter. But even his status mellowed out, but then his status shot through the roof with it seemed like damn near every girl in school when he had a child at 16 by a girl out of state, all of the sudden he was beyond cool, he was seen as "mature", it was beyond retarded. Anyway, my highschool was all about fighting and it sucked real bad, didn't go to prom and def wasn't gonna pay money to see those ppl at a reunion.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 09-22-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was bullied a lot by assholes, so it probably had a lot of Beta STs and Gammas NTs. 'It's okay to be a jerk because I value Se!' The 2nd high school I went to people were a lot nicer, probably a lot of Alphas and more Beta NFs. I don't really like when people try to say things like 'You just got more confidence and didn't let it bother you as much' - it didn't have anything to do with that, people were just objectively nicer at the 2nd high school and less white trash and bully-like. But I don't take this personally any more- the class struggles in life and the unfairness is what triggers and enables and empowers people to be bullies anyway.... and it's easier for people to be nicer and more decent human beings when they have the financial priveleges to do so. ((which is also why Republicunts are scum, because they are often assholes as well as wealthy))

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10000% Delta

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started thinking to how to answer this but I kept remembering people I went to high school with instead of the school as a whole. Is this supposed to be based on the rules of the school? Like how it was governed?

Regarding the people and just what I can remember of the atmosphere I would say a mixture of Alpha and Beta.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I started thinking to how to answer this but I kept remembering people I went to high school with instead of the school as a whole. Is this supposed to be based on the rules of the school? Like how it was governed?

Regarding the people and just what I can remember of the atmosphere I would say a mixture of Alpha and Beta.
    could be the people/ could be the way it’s governed. There may be some crossover. My school had a lot of kids from Irish background, and it was mostly white. Irish families in the UK seem kinda strict but caring. My dad is Irish.. It was a good school but what they mostly cared about was people behaving well and getting good grades. We hardly ever went on school trips for example. Kids were naughty because they weren’t from super strict families but it was never chaos.

It seems Delta-ish to me! Alpha for it being mostly white- it felt quite English, though some of my friends weren’t. I associate England with Alpha/ maybe a bit Delta in the city

Often schools will have a strong ethos they push which might reflect quadra values..the classic American high school on tv seems Beta I guess but I guess that’s not ethos it’s more just typical American

Artsy/liberal schools might be alpha for example.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-22-2022 at 04:30 PM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    could be the people/ could be the way it’s governed. There may be some crossover. My school had a lot of kids from Irish background, and it was mostly white. Irish families in the UK seem kinda strict but caring. My dad is Irish.. It was a good school but what they mostly cared about was people behaving well and getting good grades. That seems Delta-ish to me! Alpha for it being mostly white- it felt quite English, though some of my friends weren’t. I associate England with Alpha/ maybe a bit Delta in the city

Often schools will have a strong ethos they push which might reflect quadra values..the classic American high school on tv seems Beta I guess.

Artsy/liberal schools might be alpha for example.
    Ah...hmm. What i based it on was the vibe of the school. It had rules like schools usually did but I think there was a lot of emphasis on having events, whether just for fun or competitive stuff. Where there would be large gatherings, loud music where it was encouraged to have high energy, lots of expression and stuff.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    Ah...hmm. What i based it on was the vibe of the school. It had rules like schools usually did but I think there was a lot of emphasis on having events, whether just for fun or competitive stuff. Where there would be large gatherings, loud music where it was encouraged to have high energy, lots of expression and stuff.
    It could be a mix!

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I suppose certain types might get sent to schools where their parents might think they fit in…I can’t say I noticed a certain type in my school…SF girls maybe

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junior High School - Alpha NT.
    Senior High School - Gamma NT.

Yep, that happened.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my country you don't just get sent to whatever high school. They have a test that everyone has to do which determines which high school you go to. And even of you do choose a school I think your grades matter.

High schools here are like colleges in America...in that people place more emphasis on it. And it contributes to your status. At least this is how I see college treated in movies I've watched lol

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta: Safe, boring, small, emphasis on the classics
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-22-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    Everyone here, not just the schools, just exudes Alpha energy with little Delta sprinkled in. Even if some of the people are not even Alpha. There were some annoying competitive people in my class here and there but every one was really just trying to live day-by-day. My section was expected to perform better than the other so by default competitiveness ensue but half of the class was so laid-back about life and the competitive people didn't even wanna be competitive, they're kinda just forced into it by situation so they melt down from pressure. Almost everyone if not everyone in class was friends with each other. I was from a slightly-urbanized-compared-to-the-others-but-still-very-provincial place and it was a very stagnant but peaceful way of life. Though of course there were typical gossipers and a few bullies, most of the time people were friendly and almost everyone believed in the power of friendship and close ties. The head of the school would always have a speech and tell the whole school that we should all pursue the "True, Good and Beautiful". He would always repeat that phrase.

When I moved and went to uni, I met real demons who would really sell you out. There was no true, good, and everything is just fucking ugly. Ime, cities are demonic compared to provinces. Charlatans, violent people, drunkards, rude people, sex-crazed demons, overworked people, people with no direction in life, gossipers who are much worse than the small town gossipers, plain crazy people, fake people, elitists, and fucking cult leaders too. I wasn't prepared at all when I left my high school. I would even consider myself miserable specially towards the end of my high school life but it was so, so much better.
    The higher the grade, the worse it got for me, leaving song and wizardry to get coldly calculated by the classroom slime and ruin of no feeling or juice for heaven and sprites.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full of Se. I remember seeing two guys fighting with knifes in Junior High School. Some girls got pregnant and bla bla bla

Senior High School was a littile bit better because students here are smarter.

Thank whatever gods that I just got bully a bit in E
    lementary School by Se guys. In High School most Se guys just straight up ignore me, even the most bully one. I got more trouble with other types.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to define a quadra because there are black sheeps types for every quadra that are poorly represented in my school, despite the other of their group. So I will put the most and least frequent type of the quadra with different arrows.

Alfas: 40% (SEI ↑) (LII ↓ )
    Gamma: 30% (SEE ↑) (ILI ↓)
    Betas: 15% (IEI ↑) (LSI ↓)
    Deltas: 15% (SLI ↑) (EII ↓)

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the world is at a Beta stage for quite a long time and that sort of influences the dynamic of learning institutions today.. i.e schools=Beta. hence, we were forced to adapt and be LSI to the Beta-ness of it all

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t find uni very Beta-ish, although my uni wasn’t particularly prestigious. It felt very Alpha- do it yourself and don’t expect any help unless you are displaying talent and determination. But I was depressed so might have felt differently if not.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm to me it still sounds Beta-ish in that it tries to instill competitiveness in students? idk

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by get R View Post
    hmm to me it still sounds Beta-ish in that it tries to instill competitiveness in students? idk
    Maybe. Think the lecturers just wanted an easy life. I was so quiet in seminars and used to think no one is really listening to each other during discussions- different to school where the discussion is guided by the teacher. I probably would have been more competitive if I hadn’t been depressed in fact I became oddly defiant- doing my own thing. Sort of like daring them to care about why I wasn’t achieving my potential. It certainly wasn’t a supportive environment.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same. it's like entering uni means getting demoted to unhealthy Beta-life

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK tbh, I pretty much walked alone. I had some shallow friendships that seemed on the outside to be deeper than they actually were, but I mostly just didn't give a fuck about anyone or anything, so I didn't even notice. I was too caught up in doing battle with a narcissistic parent to bother with small fry like my peers at school. If someone crossed boundaries, I (physically) kicked their asses. If someone hurt a friend, I stuck up for 'em. If someone was being bullied, I stuck up for 'em. I lived in my own world, I didn't care about others enough to pay attention. Shit like that just didn't seem to matter in comparison to what was on my plate. It's like...when you're used to fighting in the military, road rage is stupid and petty. So was the high school drama to me. I had real problems, I didn't give a fuck about social dynamics. I gave it all the middle finger and did my own thing, walked my own path.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highschool was 17 years ago for me. I can't really remember the socionics of it all.

I went to three different high schools and each was different.