You better believe in conspiracies, Scrooge. Coeruleum Blue's Avatar
    TIM
    The unmarked person
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YnysAfallach View Post
    For your own sake, responses like this mostly just telegraph that you couldn’t respond in any other more substantive way.
    ...Why are you actually offended by the fact that I think the future has already happened in some sense? There's no cutting down on possibilities in my perception because there are no different possibilities. If anything that might just mean I value Ni/Se rather Ne/Si, but it's not a meaningless response just because you haven't read Slaughterhouse Five and all the philosophy I'm referencing with B-theories of time and you don't know what kind of metaphor I'm making.

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
    — Richard Feynman, Rogers Commission Report, on the Challenger disaster.

“When scholars study a thing, they strive
    To kill it first, if it's alive;
    Then they have the parts and they’ve lost the whole
    For the link that’s missing was the living soul.”
    ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust, First Part

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    ...Why are you actually offended by the fact that I think the future has already happened in some sense? There's no cutting down on possibilities in my perception because there are no different possibilities. If anything that might just mean I value Ni/Se rather Ne/Si, but it's not a meaningless response just because you haven't read Slaughterhouse Five and all the philosophy I'm referencing with B-theories of time and you don't know what kind of metaphor I'm making.
    I apologize if I misinterpreted a reference you were making, but to be honest your comment was so obtuse that the only way it made sense to me was as an insult.

You better believe in conspiracies, Scrooge. Coeruleum Blue's Avatar
    TIM
    The unmarked person
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YnysAfallach View Post
    I apologize if I misinterpreted a reference you were making, but to be honest your comment was so obtuse that the only way it made sense to me was as an insult.
    I apologize. I'm really posting white distracted right now, even though you seem like a cool enough person that despite my generalized cynicism toward other people (because most people really have earned it) I don't want to alienate you, personally, as well as other potential readers with obtuse comments like that and then wait for other people to explain them. It absolutely is an obtuse comment, but it was an obtuse comment that absolutely meant specific things unironically and I was just kind of throwing it out to fish for people who would've understood it.

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
    — Richard Feynman, Rogers Commission Report, on the Challenger disaster.

“When scholars study a thing, they strive
    To kill it first, if it's alive;
    Then they have the parts and they’ve lost the whole
    For the link that’s missing was the living soul.”
    ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust, First Part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123