Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: How would you describe an LSE?

  1. #1
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,772
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default How would you describe an LSE?

    counterpoint to the other thread.

    Want to hear people's responses about this lol.

  2. #2
    blaecaedre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not like Nurse Ratched, who is a negative stereotype of LSI.

  3. #3
    RBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Order (Mom's basement)
    TIM
    Te me what you think
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Having dealt with one; All the negative stereotypes of ENFjs put into a square-headed yuppie...
    https://youtu.be/4kzxYCUjkLA

    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

    Social gatherings (be it a state, a forum, or you and your friends) are a complex system where the objects algorythms for interaction are everything macabre that's possible.

  4. #4
    I'm joking that's not me Missmessy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Syria
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't met them irl tbh

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely don't like to or know how to read between the lines, they stress people to "say what you mean and mean what you say." talk straight with them.


    Some have a huge professional smile when you first meet them, big fake smile and a firm hand shake, like a politician.


    Prone to breaking their back for other people but neglect themselves often. Only later on do they get pissed off and finally say screw people I'm tired of helping everyone else, thing is everybody else can see this explosion coming. Very Self sacrificial, to a fault. Too busy solving everyone else's problems. They don't even feel like they have permission to take care of themselves until all the problems around them are fixed. This is why they get burnt out, they feel guilty and super selfish if they stop and do what they want over what they think people NEED them to do.


    NEEDS people to tell them what to do, do not read that as boss them around, but "What do you want to eat?" do not ask them "Idk, what do you want to eat?" They will become irritated, they are geared towards getting the people what the people want, themselves are out of the equation, so tell them what the people want.


    Sometimes their bossiness is misunderstood, by people and by themselves. People don't see that the LSE is just trying to help, albeit very aggressively, and the LSE doesn't see that their assertive and aggressive help comes off as pushy, bossy, condescending and makes people not like them. LSE is confused like "Why don't they like me, I'm not a mean person, I'm just trying to help!".


    When an LSE's feelings are hurt, which does happen, they need to process it alone, they often get quiet, unless it's anger then they get loud. But if there is someone who looks out for their feelings they will delegate to that person to explain to the offending party why what the offending party did was actually offensive, LSE feels hurt but has a hard time justifying these feelings, so they turn to someone who can.


    If they like something that's not popular or well known, they ask other people around them if they like it so the LSE can feel ok admitting they like the thing, they fear people judging them for what they like, they don't want to stick out like a weirdo.


    Can be very unadventurous and resistant to trying new things, especially food, very particular about food, some can be big germaphobes, will complain if things aren't taken care of in a sanitary way (ie. washing dishes, thoroughly wiping surfaces the right way, needs to know if a towel made contact with the floor, etc).


    They see themselves as "I am what I do." Not "I am what I am." They can put too much of their identity on the things they do, especially for other people. "I care about my kids because I put a roof over their heads, therefore I'm a good mom." not "I care about my kids, therefore I put a roof over their heads, because I'm a good mom.".


    Head spins if you tell them too much technical detail about something. "Cut to the chase."

    Take things very literally.

    Respond very positively to "clever" people.

    Has a silly side that can get sparked when around witty people, especially ILE, folds over laughing around them.


    Can get very attached to people, people represent how valuable the LSE is, they have a hard time seeing any value in themselves outside of the things they do for other people, prone to have a hard time with an empty nest, "Who do I take care of now? Who do I do things for now? Myself?!". When they finally do this though it's a huge revelation for them. Mid Life crisis kinda stuff. Getting a divorce from spouse because they are done sacrificing themselves for them and neglecting what they want and the kids are out of the house, kinda stuff. But they find it hard to quit on relationships because they feel an obligation to the person, since they get value out of all the things they do for them.


    Some become coaches later in life, this happens when they break away from running around in circles taking care of everyone else's everyday problems and getting nowhere in the grand scheme of things, and they finally prioritize the things important to them. But they can't just do the things important to them for themselves, they like to teach other people according to what the LSE finds important, this is how they bridge the gap with their addiction to solving everyone else's problems to their own values. This is what a high functioning LSE looks like. Helping other's while doing what they think is important, what they love.


    Can have conspiracy theories that they become very very attached to, only like to share with close friends.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 08-18-2022 at 09:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Wavebury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    knowhere
    TIM
    LSI-C
    Posts
    5,774
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Descriptions are shit. So I wouldn't. I could describe individual LSEs I have known (there aeren't many, delta managers are rare when compared with beta managers ime), but they differ with individual characteristics and even common traits (probably) won't apply to all examples of a type, so those traits can be deceiving when trying to diagnose people's type.
    Thunderbolt
    is the future

  7. #7
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,772
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really like that @Lord Pixel - this is kinda my version of that what I experienced but I know I'm biased. some of this crap I already said before but whatever. I'm kinda like the narcissist in the SheDaisy song so repetition is what I need.

    says 'stop playing a victim' a lot or accuses u of playing the victim. although they probably say this to their conflictors more than anything.

    I agree genuinely wants to help but comes off too abrasive. I don't think they see much difference between helping others vs helping themselves they do both quite often and quite well, at least externally. Micro-manages, often tries to lead ppl and boss people around. Wants a good external reputation in the world. Passes all of Oprah's and the real world exams with flying colors even though interpsonally they can be exploitative and cruel and people start distrusting their Umbridge-ness even if they know the IEI ain't perfect either.

    cares deeply about ethics & who is good and evil but because 1D Fi & Ni actually is quite poor about these things themselves. Really admires goody two shoes EIIs who are 'good' in a textbook and institutional way. Can be overly manipulated by the Hallmark channel and Republican Holy Light.

    because they are trolled by Ni often think that a person thinking something is the same thing as them doing it, or they must have the intention to do it. There isn't any such thing as fantasies with them sometimes, 'everything is real.' U need to be careful what thoughts u share with them, cuz they are bad at reading between the lines and will definitely try to punish you if it's too dark and weird.... or their Ne valuing tells them 'it has the potential to be' It's like provocation isn't allowed because THEY are the only ones allowed to be provocative, because they know the best and are more moral than others. They care a lot about boundaries and being appropriate and the least little weird thing can make them go beserk sometimes.

    Doesn't admit they were wrong or apologizes often. But if they were wrong or too harsh they correct this by attempting to be a bit warmer/softer to the person they offended, but it kinda comes off really fake and Oprah-y because they aren't ethical types. The person understands the point, but it comes off really bitter & astringent still (especially to IEIs) And they still can't help but throw in a passive aggressive dig even when trying to be nice

    If they really like you personally, they will be a good 'mama/papa bear' to you and do everything in their power to help you and tank for you- but they value Fi really strongly and this isn't done in a Fe way... and they often can be quite blind to ur faults if they do like you, cuz Ni polr. This can be a positive thing I think... but it wasn't in Starr Evilwealth.

    Yes this was all about Regina Hurt as usual. <3

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Their cookings alway taste the same. The most stable when it come to cooking.

    I think Gamma SF's cookings taste the best, but very unstable because it depend on their mood/laziness. And they use too much condiments.

  9. #9
    The Crucified Space Sheriff godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 964 sp/sx
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [Off topic on/ I think we should make a "How would you describe..." thread for each type, or one general for all types. I always emphasise how much our "Type(s) Image(s)" is important for it is how each one of us "sees" a given type. Most of us have one or two Type Images for each given type, however the discord between people which prevent the consensus is that each type is not only "customized" by life but also comes in different flavors in the first place hence the subtypes. I'll add that threads like this one can help people identify "markers" (sine qua non) of TIMs instead of "Traits" which are detected via Dichotomies and such. Off topic off/]

    LSE is a gifted person who is a" know it all", works hard and has hypermnesia.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    [Off topic on/ I think we should make a "How would you describe..." thread for each type, or one general for all types. I always emphasise how much our "Type(s) Image(s)" is important for it is how each one of us "sees" a given type. Most of us have one or two Type Images for each given type, however the discord between people which prevent the consensus is that each type is not only "customized" by life but also comes in different flavors in the first place hence the subtypes. I'll add that threads like this one can help people identify "markers" (sine qua non) of TIMs instead of "Traits" which are detected via Dichotomies and such. Off topic off/]

    LSE is a gifted person who is a" know it all", works hard and has hypermnesia.
    No that's ok lol.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post

    because they are trolled by Ni often think that a person thinking something is the same thing as them doing it, or they must have the intention to do it. There isn't any such thing as fantasies with them sometimes, 'everything is real.' U need to be careful what thoughts u share with them, cuz they are bad at reading between the lines and will definitely try to punish you if it's too dark and weird.... or their Ne valuing tells them 'it has the potential to be' It's like provocation isn't allowed because THEY are the only ones allowed to be provocative, because they know the best and are more moral than others. They care a lot about boundaries and being appropriate and the least little weird thing can make them go beserk sometimes.
    Oh yea, definitely this. Especially the intention to do it right then and there.

    *sees movie trailer*

    Innocent bystander :"I'm gonna go see that movie."

    LSE: *grabs car keys*

    Innocent bystander: "I mean't maybe this weekend, not right now!"



    Republican Holy Light.
    Yea, about sums it up.

  12. #12
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Definitely don't like to or know how to read between the lines, they stress people to "say what you mean and mean what you say." talk straight with them.


    Some have a huge professional smile when you first meet them, big fake smile and a firm hand shake, like a politician.


    Prone to breaking their back for other people but neglect themselves often. Only later on do they get pissed off and finally say screw people I'm tired of helping everyone else, thing is everybody else can see this explosion coming. Very Self sacrificial, to a fault. Too busy solving everyone else's problems. They don't even feel like they have permission to take care of themselves until all the problems around them are fixed. This is why they get burnt out, they feel guilty and super selfish if they stop and do what they want over what they think people NEED them to do.


    NEEDS people to tell them what to do, do not read that as boss them around, but "What do you want to eat?" do not ask them "Idk, what do you want to eat?" They will become irritated, they are geared towards getting the people what the people want, themselves are out of the equation, so tell them what the people want.


    Sometimes their bossiness is misunderstood, by people and by themselves. People don't see that the LSE is just trying to help, albeit very aggressively, and the LSE doesn't see that their assertive and aggressive help comes off as pushy, bossy, condescending and makes people not like them. LSE is confused like "Why don't they like me, I'm not a mean person, I'm just trying to help!".


    When an LSE's feelings are hurt, which does happen, they need to process it alone, they often get quiet, unless it's anger then they get loud. But if there is someone who looks out for their feelings they will delegate to that person to explain to the offending party why what the offending party did was actually offensive, LSE feels hurt but has a hard time justifying these feelings, so they turn to someone who can.


    If they like something that's not popular or well known, they ask other people around them if they like it so the LSE can feel ok admitting they like the thing, they fear people judging them for what they like, they don't want to stick out like a weirdo.


    Can be very unadventurous and resistant to trying new things, especially food, very particular about food, some can be big germaphobes, will complain if things aren't taken care of in a sanitary way (ie. washing dishes, thoroughly wiping surfaces the right way, needs to know if a towel made contact with the floor, etc).


    They see themselves as "I am what I do." Not "I am what I am." They can put too much of their identity on the things they do, especially for other people. "I care about my kids because I put a roof over their heads, therefore I'm a good mom." not "I care about my kids, therefore I put a roof over their heads, because I'm a good mom.".


    Head spins if you tell them too much technical detail about something. "Cut to the chase."

    Take things very literally.

    Respond very positively to "clever" people.

    Has a silly side that can get sparked when around witty people, especially ILE, folds over laughing around them.


    Can get very attached to people, people represent how valuable the LSE is, they have a hard time seeing any value in themselves outside of the things they do for other people, prone to have a hard time with an empty nest, "Who do I take care of now? Who do I do things for now? Myself?!". When they finally do this though it's a huge revelation for them. Mid Life crisis kinda stuff. Getting a divorce from spouse because they are done sacrificing themselves for them and neglecting what they want and the kids are out of the house, kinda stuff. But they find it hard to quit on relationships because they feel an obligation to the person, since they get value out of all the things they do for them.


    Some become coaches later in life, this happens when they break away from running around in circles taking care of everyone else's everyday problems and getting nowhere in the grand scheme of things, and they finally prioritize the things important to them. But they can't just do the things important to them for themselves, they like to teach other people according to what the LSE finds important, this is how they bridge the gap with their addiction to solving everyone else's problems to their own values. This is what a high functioning LSE looks like. Helping other's while doing what they think is important, what they love.


    Can have conspiracy theories that they become very very attached to, only like to share with close friends.
    You've just served to confirm my own typing of my mother further. You've described her so hard it hurts. Also reinforces my typing of my brother as an SEE and his wife as an IEI. Basically, you've just given me a data point that fits in with everything else I thought I was right about. Thanks. Hopefully not by any form of intent as that's a whole other can of worms I'd rather not have opened if I can help it.

    Surveillance and intelligence ops... Look into that wormhole at thine own peril. Yet if you want to actually make any form of a difference for the better that's where you really ought to start. If you aren't getting "Gang-stalked" you're not on the right track of something that'll get you Arkanisided.

    Hell, I'm relatively certain that just by posting this I'll be banned from this site at best and dead by the week's end at worst. Proves my points I'd say. Sin makes ya stupid and they'd be dumb as all fuck indeed to kill me now!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Hopefully not by any form of intent as that's a whole other can of worms I'd rather not have opened if I can help it.

    Surveillance and intelligence ops... Look into that wormhole at thine own peril. Yet if you want to actually make any form of a difference for the better that's where you really ought to start. If you aren't getting "Gang-stalked" you're not on the right track of something that'll get you Arkanisided.
    Totally by intent, I'm your next door neighbor, I've been watching you my whole life. As long as you don't tell them I told you, we're both safe.


    Interesting about the SEE IEI thing.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 08-20-2022 at 06:11 PM.

  14. #14
    Burnin up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    TIM
    H-LII
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Definitely don't like to or know how to read between the lines, they stress people to "say what you mean and mean what you say." talk straight with them.


    Some have a huge professional smile when you first meet them, big fake smile and a firm hand shake, like a politician.


    Prone to breaking their back for other people but neglect themselves often. Only later on do they get pissed off and finally say screw people I'm tired of helping everyone else, thing is everybody else can see this explosion coming. Very Self sacrificial, to a fault. Too busy solving everyone else's problems. They don't even feel like they have permission to take care of themselves until all the problems around them are fixed. This is why they get burnt out, they feel guilty and super selfish if they stop and do what they want over what they think people NEED them to do.


    NEEDS people to tell them what to do, do not read that as boss them around, but "What do you want to eat?" do not ask them "Idk, what do you want to eat?" They will become irritated, they are geared towards getting the people what the people want, themselves are out of the equation, so tell them what the people want.


    Sometimes their bossiness is misunderstood, by people and by themselves. People don't see that the LSE is just trying to help, albeit very aggressively, and the LSE doesn't see that their assertive and aggressive help comes off as pushy, bossy, condescending and makes people not like them. LSE is confused like "Why don't they like me, I'm not a mean person, I'm just trying to help!".


    When an LSE's feelings are hurt, which does happen, they need to process it alone, they often get quiet, unless it's anger then they get loud. But if there is someone who looks out for their feelings they will delegate to that person to explain to the offending party why what the offending party did was actually offensive, LSE feels hurt but has a hard time justifying these feelings, so they turn to someone who can.


    If they like something that's not popular or well known, they ask other people around them if they like it so the LSE can feel ok admitting they like the thing, they fear people judging them for what they like, they don't want to stick out like a weirdo.


    Can be very unadventurous and resistant to trying new things, especially food, very particular about food, some can be big germaphobes, will complain if things aren't taken care of in a sanitary way (ie. washing dishes, thoroughly wiping surfaces the right way, needs to know if a towel made contact with the floor, etc).


    They see themselves as "I am what I do." Not "I am what I am." They can put too much of their identity on the things they do, especially for other people. "I care about my kids because I put a roof over their heads, therefore I'm a good mom." not "I care about my kids, therefore I put a roof over their heads, because I'm a good mom.".


    Head spins if you tell them too much technical detail about something. "Cut to the chase."

    Take things very literally.

    Respond very positively to "clever" people.

    Has a silly side that can get sparked when around witty people, especially ILE, folds over laughing around them.


    Can get very attached to people, people represent how valuable the LSE is, they have a hard time seeing any value in themselves outside of the things they do for other people, prone to have a hard time with an empty nest, "Who do I take care of now? Who do I do things for now? Myself?!". When they finally do this though it's a huge revelation for them. Mid Life crisis kinda stuff. Getting a divorce from spouse because they are done sacrificing themselves for them and neglecting what they want and the kids are out of the house, kinda stuff. But they find it hard to quit on relationships because they feel an obligation to the person, since they get value out of all the things they do for them.


    Some become coaches later in life, this happens when they break away from running around in circles taking care of everyone else's everyday problems and getting nowhere in the grand scheme of things, and they finally prioritize the things important to them. But they can't just do the things important to them for themselves, they like to teach other people according to what the LSE finds important, this is how they bridge the gap with their addiction to solving everyone else's problems to their own values. This is what a high functioning LSE looks like. Helping other's while doing what they think is important, what they love.


    Can have conspiracy theories that they become very very attached to, only like to share with close friends.
    Lol i dont know if it’s every LSE cause well it’s just my mom when I talk here but when they start there rent on conspiracy theories i find it impossible to keep a staight face.

    They start speaking in that tone like they are revealing the most forbidden secrets of the universe when it’s just Idk basic mainstream conspiracy theories. It’s already funny a bit that they are speaking on subject like this in the first place to me cause I’m like wow ok wtf but they don’t realize how funny they are when they do it. So obviously now I start laughing cause it’s too much to take and they start laughing too meaning they realize the ridicule of the situation but at the same time they keep telling me it’s true and i know they are 100% serious which make it worse. Thats the thing you said about them not wanting to appear like weirdo for "wild takes" they also start laughing kind of with me to try making it seem like they are not taking it seriously they try to gauge if they are good but I know they really are serious and im like" god she really believe in it" anyway at this point they keep on going cause they are already too excited to be able to talk about it and this desire is stronger then there "worries " of appearing weird.

    i try in general to not laugh with her cause it always like get snowball effect and i sometimes cringe looking back at what i laughed at with my mom but i can never resist. Start laughing at the worse things ever and the way they laugh and look at you it’s like you’re supposed to laugh too for some reasons but at the same time they don’t care if you don’t laugh with them it’s very contagious. I resist ESE’s who I believe are my dual better.

    i can discuss "seriously" her theories btw once the silliness dissipate a bit like I try to develop with her but would like to see what a planet with what she thinks is best look like would be the biggest joke ever.
    Last edited by Burnin up; 08-21-2022 at 02:25 AM.

  15. #15
    Burnin up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    TIM
    H-LII
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sometime feel kind of bad for laughing at her when she try talking about this with me for some reason even though she never got offended at this. Cause she still don’t have that usual confidence she normally has when she is on that ground and like maybe she feel stupid after ? It’s too funny though . When I start seriously disagreeing with her on something though and by that I mean not in a laughing way but like i just start contradicting her not going her way trying to discuss , she get quickly annoyed and can start attacking me personally. I don’t know sometimes some things she take very seriously. When it’s about what to do if I try to discuss with her my point of view I will get attacked quickly 100% . When it’s simple discussion it depend there is a certain margin i would say more willing to listen but can’t push it too much.

  16. #16

    Default

    I have been with LSE (estj) for over 8 years and this is the most perfect description of him. I you are still debating how is a LSE high functioning, this is most certainly correct!

  17. #17

    Default

    i have been with LSE for over 8 years and this the most accurate description of him.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Posts
    1,402
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have an LSE-friend atm. In the time we’ve known each other I’ve been going through some hard times. I can’t say that he’s very supportive, although he does try to make me laugh. He’s my friend’s boyfriend so he’s more like a friend of a friend. He seems to view me as a sweet inept child even though he’s aware that I went through a horrible situation. Often when I see him I’m fairly open with him about how I’m feeling because we’ve known each other a while now. He doesn’t really know how to show empathy, or he doesn’t see it as his responsibility. I think he thinks I’m exaggerating when I tell him I’m feeling rubbish. I think our relationship would benefit from me telling him about socionics but there’s never been the right moment yet. He is really fun on a night out though my ESE mum can be a bit like this- ignores me when I try to explain the mental
    effect a physical ailment is having on me. I think they can only empathise if it’s a problem they know a lot about. Also, if they already have reasons to respect you they might listen more?

    Edit: might be being a bit harsh, this guy does seem to like me but I just don’t think we can connect when I’m not feeling my best. It’s like he doesn’t really know the real me, but in his defence, I probably have been having an identity crisis. There were times though were both him and his bf could have been more compassionate- if someone’s telling you they feel down, it’s ok to say- I’m sorry dude, you’re gonna get through this. But I think this is partly coz they’re men, both from cultural backgrounds where men were expected to act tough. I think sometimes IEIs bring out the inner bully in people- people will treat IEIs with the same unrealistic expectations an adult once unfairly had on them. I’m not sure if I’m really making a clear point here, I might edit.

    I remember observing a new LSE male teacher (also gay) and he was really knowledgable and impressive. But after a while the kids started to turn on him and it was clear they really didn’t like him. He was really harsh and shouted too much. This was quite a tough class but there were only around ten of them, they had various special needs and were around aged 10. They needed a lot of tlc.

    I also had an LSE-si mate. He was lovely, but a bit tiring sometimes as he talked a lot and was very very literal. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and a long time singleton. I recently heard he got engaged and the lady looks EII. This guy would party for days on end without sleeping, or taking any sort of stimulant. I think he really needed fun in his life to give it some meaning. So he could empathise more with me about feeling things like exhaustion..even though his breaking point was a lot higher than mine.

    My LSE-si boss is a good guy. He did a good job of running things throughout the pandemic although I always said they were forgetting the importance of looking out for peoples well-being whilst they obsessively tried to take take care of everyone’s health and physical safety. Arguably he was right, because it was a pandemic. But team morale did get quite low and I found myself in a horrible position where my managers were ignoring my complaints about a toxic relationship with a fellow co-worker. This happened later in the pandemic, at a point where they were starting to focus on business priorities. For a while, morale was really low and managers were not really doing their jobs. Anyway, I’ve had some good discussions with the LSE and I think he really appreciates the feedback. He really does want a happy team and appreciates constructive feedback and any enthusiasm about how to improve the way we work.
    Last edited by Bethany; 08-21-2022 at 11:51 AM.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnin up View Post
    Lol i dont know if it’s every LSE cause well it’s just my mom when I talk here but when they start there rent on conspiracy theories i find it impossible to keep a staight face.

    They start speaking in that tone like they are revealing the most forbidden secrets of the universe when it’s just Idk basic mainstream conspiracy theories. It’s already funny a bit that they are speaking on subject like this in the first place to me cause I’m like wow ok wtf but they don’t realize how funny they are when they do it. So obviously now I start laughing cause it’s too much to take and they start laughing too meaning they realize the ridicule of the situation but at the same time they keep telling me it’s true and i know they are 100% serious which make it worse. Thats the thing you said about them not wanting to appear like weirdo for "wild takes" they also start laughing kind of with me to try making it seem like they are not taking it seriously they try to gauge if they are good but I know they really are serious and im like" god she really believe in it" anyway at this point they keep on going cause they are already too excited to be able to talk about it and this desire is stronger then there "worries " of appearing weird.

    i try in general to not laugh with her cause it always like get snowball effect and i sometimes cringe looking back at what i laughed at with my mom but i can never resist. Start laughing at the worse things ever and the way they laugh and look at you it’s like you’re supposed to laugh too for some reasons but at the same time they don’t care if you don’t laugh with them it’s very contagious. I resist ESE’s who I believe are my dual better.

    i can discuss "seriously" her theories btw once the silliness dissipate a bit like I try to develop with her but would like to see what a planet with what she thinks is best look like would be the biggest joke ever.
    Haha yes, it's super basic but mind blowing to them lol.
    And yea I do think they feel stupid after.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I have an LSE-friend atm. In the time we’ve known each other I’ve been going through some hard times. I can’t say that he’s very supportive, although he does try to make me laugh. He’s my friend’s boyfriend so he’s more like a friend of a friend. He seems to view me as a sweet inept child even though he’s aware that I went through a horrible situation. Often when I see him I’m fairly open with him about how I’m feeling because we’ve known each other a while now. He doesn’t really know how to show empathy, or he doesn’t see it as his responsibility. I think he thinks I’m exaggerating when I tell him I’m feeling rubbish. I think our relationship would benefit from me telling him about socionics but there’s never been the right moment yet. He is really fun on a night out though my ESE mum can be a bit like this- ignores me when I try to explain the mental
    effect a physical ailment is having on me. I think they can only empathise if it’s a problem they know a lot about. Also, if they already have reasons to respect you they might listen more?

    Edit: might be being a bit harsh, this guy does seem to like me but I just don’t think we can connect when I’m not feeling my best. It’s like he doesn’t really know the real me, but in his defence, I probably have been having an identity crisis. There were times though were both him and his bf could have been more compassionate- if someone’s telling you they feel down, it’s ok to say- I’m sorry dude, you’re gonna get through this. But I think this is partly coz they’re men, both from cultural backgrounds where men were expected to act tough. I think sometimes IEIs bring out the inner bully in people- people will treat IEIs with the same unrealistic expectations an adult once unfairly had on them. I’m not sure if I’m really making a clear point here, I might edit.

    I remember observing a new LSE male teacher (also gay) and he was really knowledgable and impressive. But after a while the kids started to turn on him and it was clear they really didn’t like him. He was really harsh and shouted too much. This was quite a tough class but there were only around ten of them, they had various special needs and were around aged 10. They needed a lot of tlc.

    I also had an LSE-si mate. He was lovely, but a bit tiring sometimes as he talked a lot and was very very literal. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and a long time singleton. I recently heard he got engaged and the lady looks EII. This guy would party for days on end without sleeping, or taking any sort of stimulant. I think he really needed fun in his life to give it some meaning. So he could empathise more with me about feeling things like exhaustion..even though his breaking point was a lot higher than mine.

    My LSE-si boss is a good guy. He did a good job of running things throughout the pandemic although I always said they were forgetting the importance of looking out for peoples well-being whilst they obsessively tried to take take care of everyone’s health and physical safety. Arguably he was right, because it was a pandemic. But team morale did get quite low and I found myself in a horrible position where my managers were ignoring my complaints about a toxic relationship with a fellow co-worker. This happened later in the pandemic, at a point where they were starting to focus on business priorities. For a while, morale was really low and managers were not really doing their jobs. Anyway, I’ve had some good discussions with the LSE and I think he really appreciates the feedback. He really does want a happy team and appreciates constructive feedback and any enthusiasm about how to improve the way we work.
    It's interesting that @Shazaam often points out how stereo typically straight LSE guys appear, but I've seen more gay LSE men than any other type I've seen online.

    I think he really needed fun in his life to give it some meaning
    I've also seen an LSE say "The soul needs exploration." sounds like they are referencing the moblizing and suggestive.

  21. #21
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,772
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know a gay LSE online.... he's incredibly macho and handsome and "straight acting" - (bad phrase because it's not an act, he's just naturally masculine but whatever, words aren't perfect) you'd never know he was gay at all by looking and talking to him. We piss each other off whenever we try to communicate to each other tho lol. Pretty sure he always mistakes me for an EII when he messages me and I always let him down.

  22. #22
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    Likely EIE-H
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam
    I know a gay LSE online.... he's incredibly macho and handsome and "straight acting" - (bad phrase because it's not an act, he's just naturally masculine but whatever, words aren't perfect) you'd never know he was gay at all by looking and talking to him. We piss each other off whenever we try to communicate to each other tho lol. Pretty sure he always mistakes me for an EII when he messages me and I always let him down.
    You might want to consider a career change from being a gay forum poster, to being a gay LSE-beacon, who you can then pawn off to the EIIs working at thrift shops.

  23. #23
    Lesri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is how I see my LSE friend.

    - Ambivert: he can be extravert and talkative if he has a good day, but other times appear too much introvert.
    I instantly understand if it happened something or he has some negative thoughts. He needs to speak about these problems to few trusted people.

    - It happens He goes in rage mode but I always get the impression it is a little fake as thing, like he felt that being impositive was needed at that moment and so he acted that way, but he doesn't give the impression of real rage. It is a Se demonstrative attitude.

    - Scaramantic, like ESEs. I think that's due to Ni PolR. When He speaks bad about someone he always equilibrate his words with good intention to help these people. I noticed that in those periods he has problems with people and must confront them (scolding them like a father would) he always makes sign of the cross when we pass in front of churces. He fear to hurts people and being considered a person with no moral.

    - If he argues with someone he tries to end discussions (or relationships) in a polite way, because he fears being considered "evil". These were his exact words when he explained it to me. This is a suggestive Fi thing imo, not PolR. He wants to create intense bonds with people at a personal level, but it is hard, because he is a lot introvert.

    - What I already said is also connected to Fe role. If Te is not working in a context, he goes Fe mode, despite being not very good at it. Contrary to the stereotype of Mbti, ESTjs appear a lot "lawful good" and warm people.

    In general, he reminds me of Eddard Stark from Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by Lesri; 08-22-2022 at 04:35 PM.

  24. #24
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,529
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    No more gobbledy**** and watch this
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    NO Private messages, please. Use Discord instead.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Things I've noticed about the LSE:

    Very mobile, usually busy, always willing to help out a friend, may offer helpful advice whether it has been solicited or not, impatient.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,601
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Completely predictable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •