Thread: Help with typing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with typing

Hi, I'm new here so I hope this is the correct section for this.

I'm having some difficulties finding my Socionics type. I've started studying it for a week or so and I've come to the conclusion that I might be an ILI/LII type. Tests usually score me as an EII, but I'm sure I'm not one. Both Buskova and Gulenko description are far away from how I am.

I match with some rational key elements: wants to be prepared, always tense and not spontaneous, but I'm moody and my emotions change easily.

Both ILI and LII Buskova descriptions describe me well, but I'm much more emotional and sensitive. I'm polite as LII but quite good at reading others intentions and emotions and I can easily predict how situations will evolve. I strive to be polite and I'm the nicer person you'll meet if you are honest and nice too.
    But if I sense some sort of mannerisms/fake flattery, I'll become suspicious.
    I can see myself being Fe Polr, but only on the fact that I can't stand dishonesty or exaggerated display emotions.

I feel a lot of anger inside, but I don't show it. Only those near to me know my grumpier moodier side, but it's quite easy to lift up my mood- just leave me alone for a bit and treat me nicely.

I can't stand illogical people and I'm annoyed when people don't understand what I'm trying to explain. But I'm quite good at wording my thoughts and I have a good dictionary, some described me pedantic in my younger years.

I don't directly say to people "your opinion is wrong and your dumb". I may think it, but I'll say "what you are saying it's wrong and this is why...", omitting the confrontational attack (more LII than ILI). But I can easily get confrontational if someone tries to limit my freedom or is plainly rude.
    For example, I have a group of friends that has a certain hierarchy and everyone has a certain role, based also on their gender. And I hate it and in these situations I can be much more blunt and assertive than in other situations, because I feel constricted.
    I tend to get angry easily and I hate when people don't listen to me. I can be also really judgmental when people act inconsiderately or badly/impolitely.

I'm really anxious and I wait a lot before taking action, but I'm not passive as ILI is often depicted as and I value a lot facts and proofs, unlike LII. I also think that money are necessary and in my future I'd like to have a profitable career.

And I'd say that I'm highly attentive of my hygiene and my look and I care about being well dressed, it's fundamental for feeling adequate when I'm outside.
    I'd also add that I'm really curious and I like novelty, unlike ILI, since I've read that ILI tends to stay on a single path and devalues Ne.

When I look at model G I can see myself relate to ILI, but this doesn't happen if I consider model A. My general issue is related to the fact that I find descriptions of the types and the subtypes to be too categorical.

I'm surely a negativiste and I see myself as strategic, but the rest is just a great confusion.
    I'm sorry for the long and confused post, but I'd really appreciate any suggestion or advice ^^
    Thanks in advance!!

Additional info: in MBTI I define myself as an INTJ and my enneagram is 5w4.
    English is not my first Language so forgive any typos ^^'
    Last edited by Indigo; 08-06-2022 at 04:18 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to make a video with a poll

>wants to be prepared, always tense and not spontaneous
    rationality, mb weaker Ni

>but I'm moody and my emotions change easily. [...] but I'm much more emotional and sensitive
    ethics

>quite good at reading others intentions and emotions and I can easily predict how situations will evolve. I strive to be polite and I'm the nicer person you'll meet if you are honest and nice too.
    ethics, intuition

>But if I sense some sort of mannerisms/fake flattery, I'll become suspicious.
    Fi valuing, especially for Fe in superego

>can't stand dishonesty
    any type

>can't stand fake emotions
    Fi valuing. Fe valuing percieve fewer emotions as fake, feel that emotional agitation is more natural

>I feel a lot of anger inside, but I don't show it.
    Fi valuing types and introverts hold in their negative feelings more, and logicians are less sure in expressing them

>but it's quite easy to lift up my mood- just leave me alone for a bit and treat me nicely.
    introversion

>I can't stand illogical people and I'm annoyed when people don't understand what I'm trying to explain.
    any type

>pedantic
    Te, rationality

>I don't directly say to people "your opinion is wrong and your dumb". I may think it, but I'll say "what you are saying it's wrong and this is why..."
    logicians are less prone to ad hominem arguments, also Fi valuers prefer relational comfort

>omitting the confrontational attack (more LII than ILI)
    no - physical attack is more common for ILI (valued Se), emotional attack more common for LII (valued Fe)

>But I can easily get confrontational if someone tries to limit my freedom or is plainly rude.
    ''limit freedom'' irrationality
    ''easily get confrontational'' sounds like extraversion, ethics

>And I hate it
    unvalued Ti/Fe

>in these situations I can be much more blunt and assertive than in other situations, because I feel constricted.
    Fi/Te valuing extraversion, maybe also irrationality

>I tend to get angry easily
    ethics

>I hate when people don't listen to me.
    extraversion mostly, but any type

>I can be also really judgmental when people act inconsiderately or badly/impolitely.
    ethical types are more aware of this

>I'm really anxious and I wait a lot before taking action
    maybe related to rationality, introversion, weaker Ni

>I also think that money are necessary and in my future I'd like to have a profitable career.
    more valued Se

>And I'd say that I'm highly attentive of my hygiene and my look and I care about being well dressed, it's fundamental for feeling adequate when I'm outside.
    expected for any normal person, but most likely to not care about this is introversion, logic, irrationality - XLI may be the most disregarding of that

>I'm surely a negativiste and I see myself as strategic, but the rest is just a great confusion.
    not useful traits for determining type
    Last edited by nifl; 08-05-2022 at 04:31 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you see urself more as an alpha SF vs gamma SF
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably IEI

Nice Lain pic
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got a pretty good grasp of socionics after only one week ! And you talked about Model G etc.. I'm impressed ! I've been studying socionics for years and I'm still doubt my type. I guess that in the beginning it seems easier but I think that there is a point of no return and once you reach it, it's impossible to unlearn socionics and before that happen, a little advice :

Joke aside, I think you're Rational introvert feeler so Ij. ESI or EII. Note that my typing skills are not very sharp but it's a work in progress !

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post

"I match with some rational key elements: wants to be prepared, always tense and not spontaneous, but I'm moody and my emotions change easily."

Possibly Normalizing subtype by DCNH but seems irrational enough.

"Both ILI and LII Buskova descriptions describe me well, but I'm much more emotional and sensitive. I'm polite as LII but quite good at reading others intentions and emotions and I can easily predict how situations will evolve. I strive to be polite and I'm the nicer person you'll meet if you are honest and nice too."

This doesn't seem the key element of Ni+ in Model G, process Introverted Intuition seems likely or Ni-.

"But if I sense some sort of mannerisms/fake flattery, I'll become suspicious.
    I can see myself being Fe Polr, but only on the fact that I can't stand dishonesty or exaggerated display emotions."

Possibly accentuated Fe by contact/inert subtype or ILI-Ni.

"I feel a lot of anger inside, but I don't show it. Only those near to me know my grumpier moodier side, but it's quite easy to lift up my mood- just leave me alone for a bit and treat me nicely."

Doesn't seem Fe suggestive despite LII is more than able to have a poker face in front of everyone yet deep down, they want to be entertained by Alpha SF, esp. ESE.

"I can't stand illogical people and I'm annoyed when people don't understand what I'm trying to explain. But I'm quite good at wording my thoughts and I have a good dictionary, some described me pedantic in my younger years."

High usage of Ti, possibly unvalued.

"I don't directly say to people "your opinion is wrong and your dumb". I may think it, but I'll say "what you are saying it's wrong and this is why...", omitting the confrontational attack (more LII than ILI). But I can easily get confrontational if someone tries to limit my freedom or is plainly rude."

Confrontational attack as a sign of Se-value rather than Fe. Inclined to be Constructive than Emotive according to Reinin, seems Objectivist as well.

"For example, I have a group of friends that has a certain hierarchy and everyone has a certain role, based also on their gender. And I hate it and in these situations I can be much more blunt and assertive than in other situations, because I feel constricted. I tend to get angry easily and I hate when people don't listen to me. I can be also really judgmental when people act inconsiderately or badly/impolitely." Fi-value, possibly Fi+.

"I'm really anxious and I wait a lot before taking action, but I'm not passive as ILI is often depicted as and I value a lot facts and proofs, unlike LII. I also think that money are necessary and in my future I'd like to have a profitable career." Indecisiveness can happen to anyone but in Ni as a base function, they succumb themselves in making a decision when the pressure keeps coming or there are too many variables to do with their own life choice, which might be tricky to say the least.

"And I'd say that I'm highly attentive of my hygiene and my look and I care about being well dressed, it's fundamental for feeling adequate when I'm outside."

Again, probably Normalizing subtype.

"I'd also add that I'm really curious and I like novelty, unlike ILI, since I've read that ILI tends to stay on a single path and devalues Ne."

This is a misconception, novelty is related to Ni, not Ne. What really Ne into is the perspective or the development of objects at the moment.

"When I look at model G I can see myself relate to ILI, but this doesn't happen if I consider model A. My general issue is related to the fact that I find descriptions of the types and the subtypes to be too categorical."

I wouldn't suggest of using subtypes as the starter, seems to be a common mistake, especially for the new learner of Socionics
    While some type descriptions can't be said to be reliable.

"I'm surely a negativist and I see myself as a strategic, but the rest is just a great confusion."
    Not really indicating anything.
    '
    So, as a verdict, if I were to choose, ILI > LII. Or else, maybe EII but your behaviour doesn't seem to be Se PoLR.
    Ni-ILI-ND probably.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically, you could've mastered Socionics theories fully in 2-4 weeks, but the practice or implementation is already another topic.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    do you see urself more as an alpha SF vs gamma SF
    I don't relate to the Alpha quadra and SEI/ESE. At the same time I could relate to a degree only to ESI, having a preference for the Gamma quadra.
    Last edited by Indigo; 08-05-2022 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Probably IEI

Nice Lain pic
    Thank you!

Btw I'm not sure about IEI, since I can't see myself in any description and their Te is too low. I also don't relate to the Beta quadra at all, I'm only torn between the gamma and delta's one.
    I feel much more attuned to EII, if I have to consider a similar type in the humanitarian club.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Thank you!

Btw I'm not sure about IEI, since I can't see myself in any description and their Te is too low. I also don't relate to the Beta quadra at all, I'm only torn between the gamma and delta's one.
    I feel much more attuned to EII, if I have to consider a similar type in the humanitarian club.
    if you categorically exclude the Ti/Fe quadras, and do not relate to the Beta quadra at all, then the possibility of a Delta type rises

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    You got a pretty good grasp of socionics after only one week ! And you talked about Model G etc.. I'm impressed ! I've been studying socionics for years and I'm still doubt my type. I guess that in the beginning it seems easier but I think that there is a point of no return and once you reach it, it's impossible to unlearn socionics and before that happen, a little advice :

Joke aside, I think you're Rational introvert feeler so Ij. ESI or EII. Note that my typing skills are not very sharp but it's a work in progress !
    Thank you, but it's too late, I already waste my days trying to understand it :')
    I've had the fortune of meeting a good Samaritan that gave me some basis and then I had enough free time to deeper the study. It will surely take a lot, but I won't give up ahaha

I'm now considering EII too, since I can relate also to Delta quadra (other than Gamma). I want to analyse the EII-Ne subtype, but overall I tend to exclude ESI because it seems too focused on a "tribe" way of thinking that is distant from my personal view on interpersonal relationships. I'm also quite impractical, even if pragmatic and I don't pressure others as Gulenko says ESI's tend to do. The overall description was of a strict motherly figure (Beskova) that is distant from my nature -as the angelic attitude of EII, after all.
    But maybe I'm taking Beskova descriptions too literally.

In any case, thank you for your opinion, I'll try to understand both types more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Realistically, you could've mastered Socionics theories fully in 2-4 weeks, but the practice or implementation is already another topic.
    I'll surely need much more time to at least read most of the material that's online and to form personal opinion or a decent level of understanding, but I still wanted to try a self typing exercise. I don't want to give it extreme credit because I'm confident that in the future I'll find a more precise answer, maybe even asking a professional typing session.

Replying to the longer post, I didn't knew the effect of the contact and inert theory and I'll surely see how it affects all the functions. Thank you for your detailed analysis, I'll reflect on it.
    I'm already quite sure that I'll exclude LII since the Alpha quadra is really distant to my way of being, and at start I didn't took this in consideration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    if you categorically exclude the Ti/Fe quadras, and do not relate to the Beta quadra at all, then the possibility of a Delta type rises
    Thank you for your initial detailed analysis.
    Yes, I was already sure that the Beta quadra was too different from how I perceive my social settings. And then also the Alpha quadra didn't made much sense. I'm more oriented to Gamma/Delta quadras, considering EII. In gamma quadra I can relate on different points to ESI and of course ILI, and I've a EII>ESI preference.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Indigo
    >I tend to exclude ESI because it seems too focused on a "tribe" way of thinking
    ESI do not think of relationships in a ''tribal'' manner, like ''you're one of us'' (they do not value Ti/Fe), but think of relationships in regards to who they personally like. They do, however, have a tendency to somewhat naively judge the character of a person by external traits such as their clothes, their occupation etc. (this is Ne in the superego). EII, being a Ne type, has a more nuanced perception of this in general, but has little understanding of material control or gain (they will have little drive to make more money, for example, even if for their clear benefit and increase in quality of life).

To find your type, I recommend:
    1. Reading Filatova's book and trying to type the people you know - try to apply the intertype relations to see what types you like best/worst. Do you generally prefer smart, intelligent people with know-how? Or kind, interpersonally pleasant people who are attuned to the emotional wants of others? Grounded, practical individuals or imaginative ones? People with structure, order and who dislike changing their routines too much or spontaneous, less responsible people?
    2. Making a typing video on the forum with a poll