Thread: Member Driven Video Typing

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Member Driven Video Typing

Since my recent video with @Alive, it has been suggested to me that I start a thread where we type each other. I really like this idea as it seems like a good way to encourage positive real interaction between forumites. I hope this provides an avenue for many fun and interesting discussions. I'll start things off by posting our video:

“Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, I recommend using OBS to record your screen. It's pretty easy to use and it's free!
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jeez how adorable. Real life benefactor/beneficiary in action. You can tell he's pleased... even excited to meet with you lol. If you're IEI, you're a celebrity after all.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typology aside (cuz i really don't have any relevant opinion anymore to give ) , I also think you both are adorablee
    "The world's a stage and everyone is an actor" - (mb) an EIE <3

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to get typed by a G student tbh...
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alive looks IEI there
    either identity or extinguishment

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alive reminds me of one pHd physics student who had his own army of lackeys following him. Typical Si HA "interesting but mb boring" mindset.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Alive reminds me of one pHd physics student who had his own army of lackeys following him. Typical Si HA "interesting but mb boring" mindset.
    he's unlikely to be a logical type, and EII is not the first thing that comes to mind either
    i had my suspicions before, as his style was a bit too emotional for the typical LII
    Introverted and intuitive is certain, IEI seems the most likely

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    I would like to get typed by a G student tbh...
    tbh, I don't really consider myself a student of Gulenko or a member of his school. I have a deep respect for him and his research, but he is over 60 years old, and I have been pretty much growing up with the internet and seen a myriad of other perspectives. I don't really cling to any of the Models that exist. Model A is alright, but I usually just pick what I find interesting and go from there while disregarding a lot of other things that seem unimportant to me. For example, I don't find Model G that appealing, but I do agree with Gulenko's perception that the creative function in Model G, which is the Demonstrative Function in Model A, is the second strongest function of a type. I also find DCNH interesting, but it's hard for me to find an ideal way to combine functional accentuations with the model.

there's a variety of ways in which you can type someone and I usuall decide on a type when a certain number of elements match together. Like I think it's extremly obvious to most people that AWellArmedCat is an ethical intuitive type, and from there I narrow it down further etc.

regarding typing interviews. I'm not sure if I'm that open to doing them regularly. the reason I had no problem doing this one was that based on my prior interaction with cat, I could already see that he's a likeable, kind, talkative, open-minded and intelligent person, and that my communication with him would be effortless + we share a bunch of interests. I might not be that open with someone that is not as talkative or could potentially debate me (not talking about you here, just giving an example). I feel like with typing interviews, the best way to approach them as someone who determines the type is to just ask a lot of questions, and since i was already curious about him, I didn't really need to prepare beforehand.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    the reason I had no problem doing this one was that based on my prior interaction with cat, I could already see that he's a likeable, kind, talkative, open-minded and intelligent person, and that my communication with him would be effortless + we share a bunch of interests.
    Aww thanks, I thought we got along ^^

Also it probably helps that I really don't care what people type me as. I just want to hear good arguments and a variety of perspectives. I've generally felt like IEI makes the most sense to me, but as long as I end up with the best fitting type, I don't really care what that type is
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/PueoVo4t83Y

My chat with @<a href="https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=18404" target="_blank">Fransiskus</a>

Still waiting on anyone else to do this kind of thing. Y'all should really type each other via video call. It's much more interesting I think. Also I believe Fransiskus would like the video privated at some point, so if you wanna watch it you should enjoy it soon while it's up (it's long though, so maybe skip around a bit lol)
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 11-16-2022 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Tried to fix weird @ formatting, but the website won't let me
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems like EP to me
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat
    https://youtu.be/PueoVo4t83Y

My chat with @<a href="https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=18404" target="_blank">Fransiskus</a>

Still waiting on anyone else to do this kind of thing. Y'all should really type each other via video call. It's much more interesting I think. Also I believe Fransiskus would like the video privated at some point, so if you wanna watch it you should enjoy it soon while it's up (it's long though, so maybe skip around a bit lol)
    I’d be surprised if anyone really wanted to hear what I had to say about them, but I’d be interested to hear what they think of me.

I do like this idea for a thread, though! Might even be a way to help put aside any misconceptions people have about other users and their intentions. Worst case, two users make a video where they get into an argument and neither want to lose face so they don’t post it.

Also, it probably needn’t be said, but everyone who records these video should make sure they both consent to posting it on the forum. In some cases users might still be uncomfortable with appearing on-video, but the users involved might still be able to reference their video in discussions, which can still be useful.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I’d be surprised if anyone really wanted to hear what I had to say about them, but I’d be interested to hear what they think of me.

I do like this idea for a thread, though! Might even be a way to help put aside any misconceptions people have about other users and their intentions. Worst case, two users make a video where they get into an argument and neither want to lose face so they don’t post it.

Also, it probably needn’t be said, but everyone who records these video should make sure they both consent to posting it on the forum. In some cases users might still be uncomfortable with appearing on-video, but the users involved might still be able to reference their video in discussions, which can still be useful.
    I agree ! I like the format and the idea. I know that there are stuff like "video chat rooms" which is like a live video chat in some forums. I've seen that kind of stuff in Host Eric channel (Talking with famous people). Anyway, The idea of video chat seemed interesting but I supposed that it can easily turn into a nightmare if it's not properly managed.

I think that video interactions between forum members is really cool as long as the members consent like you said. Plus I love to put faces on people's writing and actually see them. It's like being curious about how your favorite voice actors look like. I understand that there are a lot of people who don't like the idea to show their face in a public forum, they have their reasons.
    Last edited by godslave; 11-17-2022 at 05:09 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a good idea
    @Fransiskus
    i'm not sure in ethics now. you are certainly an irrational intuitive, but I consider ILI as a possibility too

in dire need of needing life Fransiskus's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    this is a good idea
    @Fransiskus
    i'm not sure in ethics now. you are certainly an irrational intuitive, but I consider ILI as a possibility too
    Figuring out whether I'm a Logical / Ethical type is really difficult.
    Do you think ILI can be that expressive though?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    He seems like EP to me
    Ep feels possible if ENFp I think. I'm mostly just sure he is irrational. Ej and Ij temperament feel totally out of the question to me
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fransiskus View Post
    Figuring out whether I'm a Logical / Ethical type is really difficult.
    Do you think ILI can be that expressive though?
    how comfortable did you feel during the interview? logical types express themselves more when they don't feel the need to guard their feelings

TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    how comfortable did you feel during the interview? logical types express themselves more when they don't feel the need to guard their feelings
    Somewhat comfortable. @AWellArmedCat is great by carrying the conversation along, but there are times where I still feel awkward lol, especially during those silence, so I "act" or distract myself by looking out from my laptop or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that this thread is from a year ago, and I'm curious about how your initiative evolved during that time. Did it lead to some interesting discussions? Even if it's been a while, the concept of fostering positive connections through video typing remains a valuable one. It's never too late to revive the idea and see where it takes the community, especially with the availability of random video matching platforms that can add a fresh twist to your interactions. Feel free to share any insights or experiences you've had with the initiative over the past year.
    Last edited by carrgordon; 01-12-2024 at 11:58 AM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao thanks bot for reminding me of this typing interview

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    tbh, I don't really consider myself a student of Gulenko or a member of his school. I have a deep respect for him and his research, but he is over 60 years old, and I have been pretty much growing up with the internet and seen a myriad of other perspectives. I don't really cling to any of the Models that exist. Model A is alright, but I usually just pick what I find interesting and go from there while disregarding a lot of other things that seem unimportant to me. For example, I don't find Model G that appealing, but I do agree with Gulenko's perception that the creative function in Model G, which is the Demonstrative Function in Model A, is the second strongest function of a type. I also find DCNH interesting, but it's hard for me to find an ideal way to combine functional accentuations with the model.

there's a variety of ways in which you can type someone and I usuall decide on a type when a certain number of elements match together. Like I think it's extremly obvious to most people that AWellArmedCat is an ethical intuitive type, and from there I narrow it down further etc.

regarding typing interviews. I'm not sure if I'm that open to doing them regularly. the reason I had no problem doing this one was that based on my prior interaction with cat, I could already see that he's a likeable, kind, talkative, open-minded and intelligent person, and that my communication with him would be effortless + we share a bunch of interests. I might not be that open with someone that is not as talkative or could potentially debate me (not talking about you here, just giving an example). I feel like with typing interviews, the best way to approach them as someone who determines the type is to just ask a lot of questions, and since i was already curious about him, I didn't really need to prepare beforehand.
    I still think the same way about things 18 months later. typing interviews are unnecessary, as the people who are inclined to do them likely have a certain type anyway. it's unfortunate from a business and novelty perspective, as more interviews might have gotten more insights, but I don't see the point of charging money to type everyone the same type.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Fransiskus
    IEI / INFP

Quote Originally Posted by carrgordon View Post
    Did it lead to some engaging interactions and discussions among forumites?
    It added arguments for Alive / Awake type to be ENFJ and not LII.
    That puffy toys on his background... A pic of a banan with him in banan-yellow clothes (the proof that it's not just a banan!). Besides emotional nonverbal.

TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Fransiskus
    IEI / INFP
    I thought so, too. Though, I wonder if E6 is possible for IEI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fransiskus View Post
    I thought so, too. Though, I wonder if E6 is possible for IEI.
    Typologies which are based on different basis may to have types matched by any ways. They are about different, alike to be warm and soft.