TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default attempting to clear up confusion about lse vs lsi

differences:

obviously lsi-se have more skills and are more original but not always more efficient.

lsi are more common at least among whites, jews, and asians.

lsi-se have more thorough understanding of everything and much, much more knowledge.

lsi-se have much smoother voices, although there are still frequent fluctuations in lsi's voice... lsis can often talk in many different voices and not be aware of it, it never occurred to them.

lsi-se have higher iq.

similarities:
    lsi are about 75% as controlling of people as lse are.

both are practical, tending to prefer action over fantasy and not doing wasteful things, lsi 75/25 lse more like 90/10.

both seem to have higher than average rates of belief in a deity.

both look feminine, both look younger and more beautiful than average.

both are care taking. I think it's proper to say that the ST pragmatist club is feminine and their NF humanitarian duals are masculine.

both have lower than average (compared to the average of all other types) self-control of their emotions. lsi may think their decisions and emotions are extremely calculated, but they're often instinctive, especially the logical subtype.

as emotivists, they have higher than average rates of dyspraxia, although iee takes the cake for that. dyspraxia is most common in the lsi iee conflictor dyad.

both types make more money than average.

both are prone to extreme distrust, extreme trust, and unstable in levels of trust.

despite lsi being ti valuing, both tend to have mental fluctuations and can go back and forth. especially compared to esi and sle-ti.

both are unstable in their levels of straightforwardness, although lse moreso.

both are kind of warm.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>obviously lsi-se have more skills and are more original but not always more efficient.
    Number of different skills is perhaps related to Ne, and originality in the basic sense is certainly. LSI are less likely to be both of those, with Ne in the superego.

>lsi-se have more thorough understanding of everything and much, much more knowledge.
    Thorough understanding of one subject is perhaps related to rationality, to Ni valuing and to logic. Erudition, in the sense of factual knowing of a lot of things, is related to Te.

>both are practical, tending to prefer action over fantasy and not doing wasteful things
    Introverts generally act less than extraverts.

>both types make more money than average.
    Se valuers generally strive more towards wealth.

>both are prone to extreme distrust, extreme trust, and unstable in levels of trust.
    Ne in the superego probably correlates with distrustfulness, those types having particular difficulties with understanding the psyches of others.

>both are unstable in their levels of straightforwardness, although lse moreso.
    LSE, being extraverted, logical and rational are very straightforward, generally. Sensory types are expected to use less figurative language, so that may also contribute to straightforwardness.

>both are kind of warm.
    Logicians are rarely ''warm'', unless they're in secure company. The perception of 'coldness' in the negative sense is perhaps related to the rational values of the perceiver of the logicians.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lses have bad fe and can have quite negative energy that’s why it’s hard for me to become close to them.
    they are further picky about people and letting others in. when they young they can appear very closed off and cold.
    lsis can be cold and reserved too and more prone to isolation but a lot are warm and friendly, and may have better social skills.
    They both need help with being hopeful of the future and other people, and can be prone to feeling stuck in a rut of what to do.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youfloweryourfeast View Post
    lses have bad fe and can have quite negative energy that’s why it’s hard for me to become close to them.
    they are further picky about people and letting others in. when they young they can appear very closed off and cold.
    lsis can be cold and reserved too and more prone to isolation but a lot are warm and friendly, and may have better social skills.
    They both need help with being hopeful of the future and other people, and can be prone to feeling stuck in a rut of what to do.
    Te “this is how you should do it”
    Ti ***** thinking about what you said means for them******
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes te imo is strongly correlated with 8 core cuz te is a intellectual formula
    they connect events to logical conclusions but adapt logic system to outside world

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE being a lot more allergic to Fe seems about sums it up, LSI warm up around Fe - it causes them to punish u less severely, LSE gets even more cold and authoritative around Fe... (typical harsh LSE judge) - it causes them to punish u more harshly.

I don't know what "warm" really means- I think any type can be polite enough to function in society, as logical types at least have one 2D ethical function to fall back on and some are "warmer" than others. I guess when I hear warm I think of the campy over-the-top version of ESE mom hugs. There was a woman in my church like that, she gave the best hugs and was very sweet and compassionate. It was so sad when she died of breast cancer a few years ago. Anyway, I would see how much the warmth fluctuates or not depending on how they receive Fe- not give out Fe themselves.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE seem to love telling jokes with a straight face. They'll joke about jumping off bridges with the most deadpan face and expect you to laugh, but then chuckle when you react with a mortified look

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orange juice View Post
    LSE seem to love telling jokes with a straight face. They'll joke about jumping off bridges with the most deadpan face and expect you to laugh, but then chuckle when you react with a mortified look
    I have an example of this
    I type him LSE
    https://youtu.be/X2ATVUS23KM
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done, you just described the difference between IJ and EJ temperament.
    Jokes aside, I don't agree about correlating Socionics to IQ - that's a little nonsense.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would there be a confusion? One is loud, one is way less loud.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 03-15-2023 at 12:33 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I don't agree about correlating Socionics to IQ - that's a little nonsense.
    Jung type is among factors for better results in tasks strongly linked with some of 4 functions. More conscious function helps to have better abbility and skills. Supports higher interest and hence more efforts for better skills, besides makes easier to develop them.

IQ tests measure abbilities to solve concrete tasks. Hence, depends on which functions the tasks of a test relate more.
    Today IQ tests have huge part on T and some N. So TN types should get highest _average_ result in popular IQ tests, while SF the least. Concrete people of same type should to have significant variety in results.

On practice this leads that among people having best results in some occupation - most will have a similarity in Jung types. The higher results - the more expressed types presence will be.
    As example, in technical/logical regions as math/physics/programming, among having outstanding results - T types should be rather, in times, more common. In some kinds of sport as boxing should be similar for S types, while in chess would be T types.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Jung type is among factors for better results in tasks strongly linked with some of 4 functions. More conscious function helps to have better abbility and skills. Supports higher interest and hence more efforts for better skills, besides makes easier to develop them.

IQ tests measure abbilities to solve concrete tasks. Hence, depends on which functions the tasks of a test relate more.
    Today IQ tests have huge part on T and some N. So TN types should get highest _average_ result in popular IQ tests, while SF the least. Concrete people of same type should to have significant variety in results.

On practice this leads that among people having best results in some occupation - most will have a similarity in Jung types. The higher results - the more expressed types presence will be.
    As example, in technical/logical regions as math/physics/programming, among having outstanding results - T types should be rather, in times, more common. In some kinds of sport as boxing should be similar for S types, while in chess would be T types.
    I honestly could see where you were coming from - and damned it, even I thought so before noticed it wasn't necessarily the case. IQ has cognitive psychology as its background and it only measures fluid intelligence at best. Therefore, it's hardly a reliable tool to gauge the ability to reason overall - it requires more than fluid intelligence for this to work. Either way, this reminds me of someone (who is an LSE) that did correlate, not only IQ but also the g-factor, EQ and other intelligence components into typology (specifically Socionics) whereas these specific areas happen to be common among the other types other than intuitive (fluid reasoning hardly measures sensory cognition).

He then broke it down into several areas as such:
    Primary Mental Abilities:
    Verbal Comprehension (Measured by VCI)
    Word Fluency (Measured by VCI)
    Numerical Ability (Measured by FRI)
    Spatial Visualization (Measured by VSI)
    Perceptual Speed (Measured by PSI)
    Associative Memory (Measured by WMI)
    Reasoning (Measured by FRI)

Secondary Mental Abilities:
    Crystallized Intelligence
    Fluid Intelligence

Tertiary Mental Abilities
    Emotional Perception
    Emotional Understanding
    Emotional Utility/Engagement
    Emotional Management
    Primary and secondary are actually a thing, tertiary was created on that debate server as emotional intelligence does indeed help in problem solving believe it or not. Then same cannot be said for social intelligence.
    Secondary mental abilities are organized clusters of primary mental abilities. Sorry about using 'primary mental abilities' in the definition of secondary, but it was the best way to explain it. Basically, primary mental abilities are like pieces of an erector set or Legos. On their own, they are unique and exclusive ways to measure intelligence, but you can't really do much with a single Lego or a piece of an erector set. What secondary mental abilities do is hook primary mental abilities together into something measurable and functional.

The two big pieces of secondary mental abilities are looking at whether information is new to the person or if the information is already known by the person. Fluid intelligence is a person's ability to think laterally and understand new and novel ideas. This is one type of mental ability that decreases as we age, and basically consists of most of the primary abilities dealing with taking in new information and then figuring it out.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."