Thread: LIE/SEE Activity Relationships

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danimage View Post
    It's like this for me, but since we still have a favorite person why bother if we give attention to others too? In my pov everyone has something that they can give me, in different ways and a single person can't fullfill everything
    Yes, @Danimage, I think that ILIs have more faith in their subjective assessments than LIEs do.

I know a lot of ILIs, and they are usually absolutely certain that they are right, even when they aren't. Lol.
    What happens when they discover that they were totally wrong is that they will re-frame the problem so that they were actually right all along.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like this for me, but since we still have a favorite person why bother if we give attention to others too? In my pov everyone has something that they can give me, in different ways and a single person can't fullfill everything
    While I agree with you, in my case, I'm always wanting that "one best friend" who can fulfill most if not all of it, and if they can't, the relationship just feels....incomplete/inadequate/lacking to me. I only need that from one person, my most intimate. Everyone else—yes, what you said 100%.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, @Danimage, I think that ILIs have more faith in their subjective assessments than LIEs do.

I know a lot of ILIs, and they are usually absolutely certain that they are right, even when they aren't. Lol.
    What happens when they discover that they were totally wrong is that they will re-frame the problem so that they were actually right all along.

Absolutely right until more information comes to light, then absolutely right again!
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does the recontextualization work?
    SEE ESFP 7w8

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE Sx/So rapping about his one sided friendship with an LIE Sp/So

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI is asked to use computational fluid dynamics to design a stronger, more efficient propeller for an existing airplane.

ILI uses brain magic to design the propeller and produces charts and graphs showing that his new propeller is better than anything yet achieved.
    Propeller is built and installed and breaks the crankshaft on startup and the pistons come out the side of the fuselage.

Everyone is standing there, looking at the scrap heap that had been an airplane just a few minutes ago.

ILI says that his calculations were perfect and it all would have worked if the engine had been stronger. (Had been a different engine, essentially.)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI is asked to design a filter carousel for a spy satellite which will enable the satellite’s optics to make spectral measurements on the barely-resolved targets, which will be used to produce characteristic signatures of targets to determine friend or foe.

The carousel is built and installed in the satellite at great expense. All images are now out of focus.

ILI says that his design worked perfectly and just needs some software processing to see everything.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-13-2022 at 09:23 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI is asked to redesign the piezoelectric actuators of a high power fiber laser to increase the range over which the laser beam can be directed.

ILI does calculations, produces charts and graphs which show that the range of motion of his new piezoelectric actuators is increased by a factor of three, which is amazing.

The new actuators are built and the high energy laser weapon is disassembled over several weeks to allow the installation of the new actuators.

After reassembly, the laser is turned on and the beam is told to track a target.
    It doesn’t move.

ILI realizes that the actuators attach to a mass, and greater motion means less force. The actuators are now too weak to move the beam.

ILI flees the room, saying something about his design being perfect but the mass was too great.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The common pattern is that the ILI can dive deeper into a subject and can improve it beyond the present state of the art, but often fails to account for the fact that his new design has to work with the rest of the world.

There is also a dangerous reliance on mathematical modeling while simultaneously ignoring real-world testing. Ni >>> Se.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-13-2022 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The common pattern is that the ILI can dive deeper into a subject and can improve it beyond the present state of the art, but often fails to account for the fact that his new design has to work with the rest of the world.

There is also a dangerous reliance on mathematical modeling while simultaneously ignoring real-world testing. Ni >>> Se.
    Oh... do they really do that? I never met one.
    Isn't there the potential to waste so much time by working like that?
    SEE ESFP 7w8

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh... do they really do that? I never met one.
    Isn't there the potential to waste so much time by working like that?
    Yes, but "Time" is what an Ni-dom ILI has in abundance. Real-world "Se" experiments are to be avoided, because they can go soooooooo wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but "Time" is what an Ni-dom ILI has in abundance. Real-world "Se" experiments are to be avoided, because they can go soooooooo wrong.
    That's so interesting. I always feel like i don't have enough time while i constanly experiment new methods in the real world to test them out and see if they work realistically. I need to learn more about socionics, it's funny how it applies so precisely.
    SEE ESFP 7w8

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another ILI story:

My next door neighbor is an ILI economist working at the University of Michigan, so he basically teaches people how to think about spending money in the future.

Yesterday, I noticed he had a few workmen in his front yard, so I went out to ask what was going on?

He said that his bedroom ceiling had collapsed because of a leak in his roof. His severely deteriorated shingles let water in and the plaster got saturated, and the added weight and the softened plaster let the whole thing sag through the nails and collapse onto the floor. Evidently, he wasn't in the room at the time, because he was talking to me at that moment.

I told him that I'd seen that his shingles had been in need of replacement for at least five years. Anyone who actually LOOKED AT THE ROOF could see that.

But I guess he missed that.

His chimney also needs repointing or it's the next thing that's coming through his roof, and he needs to have that hollow tree next to my house taken down, too, before it falls on my house, while he's thinking about spending money in the future.

The guy is divorced and has an LSI GF who got him to paint his house purple, so now he has a purple house and a collapsed bedroom ceiling and he has to take care of her big dog whenever she goes out of town. Let me ask you something. Would an SEE GF have been a worse choice?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-18-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another ILI story:

My next door neighbor is an ILI economist working at the University of Michigan, so he basically teaches people how to think about spending money in the future.

Yesterday, I noticed he had a few workmen in his front yard, so I went out to ask what was going on?

He said that his bedroom ceiling had collapsed because of a leak in his roof. His severely deteriorated shingles let water in and the plaster got saturated, and the added weight and the softened plaster let the whole thing sag through the nails and collapse onto the floor. Evidently, he wasn't in the room at the time, because he was talking to me at that moment.

I told him that I'd seen that his shingles had been in need of replacement for at least five years. Anyone who actually LOOKED AT THE ROOF could see that.

But I guess he missed that.

His chimney also needs repointing or it's the next thing that's coming through his roof, and he needs to have that hollow tree next to my house taken down, too, before it falls on my house, while he's thinking about spending money in the future.

The guy is divorced and has an LSI GF who got him to paint his house purple, so now he has a purple house and a collapsed bedroom ceiling and he has to take care of her big dog whenever she goes out of town. Let me ask you something. Would an SEE GF have been a worse choice?

Our house needed a new roof, and before that a few other people on our street had a new roof and I told my husband I want a very nice roof like them, very different from the very dumb flat black tiles it was made with (1997) ... so when it was time, we did get a nicer roof (like I wanted) Dimensional Shingles (AKA Architectural Shingles)

When it was time to paint the house we went with what I wanted. Someone on our street copied the color in the next few years but had an ugly flat roof and ours looked really great because of the dimensional roof tiles with the very nice light yellow green color.

I am ILI-Ni, so maybe I have a better grasp of house things than a Te like your economist neighbor probably is. At any rate, my SEE needs me for his ideas for the property. I have a lot of my own ideas and they get translated or beamed over to him (what he thinks he comes up with.)
    Last edited by crazymaisy; 09-19-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    [SIZE=2]

Our house needed a new roof, and before that a few other people on our street had a new roof and I told my husband I want a very nice roof like them, very different from the very dumb flat black tiles it was made with (1997) ... so when it was time, we did get a nicer roof (like I wanted) Dimensional Shingles (AKA Architectural Shingles)

When it was time to paint the house we went with what I wanted. Someone on our street copied the color in the next few years but had an ugly flat roof and ours looked really great because of the dimensional roof tiles with the very nice light yellow green color.

I am ILI-Ni, so maybe I have a better grasp of house things than a Te like your economist neighbor probably is. At any rate, my SEE needs me for his ideas for the property. I have a lot of my own ideas and they get translated or beamed over to him (what he thinks he comes up with.)
    I think my neighbor’s GF chose purple so she’d have no competition, and I think he went along with it because LSI females can be great at sex with Victim-types.

Of course, he hasn’t said this is true; these might just be me, projecting.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-18-2022 at 11:25 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Math works until it doesn't. Theories work until they don't. The critical flaw I've observed within my own type is the ability to actually accept that truth. Dominant seems to instill within its possessors the sin of "pride" as it were. Your prophecies will come to pass and have come to pass so often that you're not just joking when you call a given prognosis the title of "A Prophecy from X-Dadamus". You are not worthy of the title of that hack's successor because if he really had mastered he'd have been way more specific in his prophecies. His vagueness is why all the other types seem to see him as some sort of actual seer. Delta's and Alpha's most especially from my own experience.

That said, I am fully confident in my prophecies, but I'd never dare to tell anyone what the winning lottery numbers are going to be nor the exact date the Schism between the Roman and Eastern Orthodox Churches will be resolved/healed. I can and will tell you that the schism will be resolved within our lifetimes and that nobody of any real consequence will win the lottery if I dared to give a few numbers out but if I bothered to even try I'd bet my random numbers would end up in the winners more often than not.

Hehe, I'd also ask how "autistic" they seemed to be to you. There is a meme that says that ILI is shorthand for autism/Asperger's sydrome to some degree or another. Another data point that may well explain many another for me...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Math works until it doesn't. Theories work until they don't. The critical flaw I've observed within my own type is the ability to actually accept that truth. Dominant seems to instill within its possessors the sin of "pride" as it were. Your prophecies will come to pass and have come to pass so often that you're not just joking when you call a given prognosis the title of "A Prophecy from X-Dadamus". You are not worthy of the title of that hack's successor because if he really had mastered he'd have been way more specific in his prophecies. His vagueness is why all the other types seem to see him as some sort of actual seer. Delta's and Alpha's most especially from my own experience.

That said, I am fully confident in my prophecies, but I'd never dare to tell anyone what the winning lottery numbers are going to be nor the exact date the Schism between the Roman and Eastern Orthodox Churches will be resolved/healed. I can and will tell you that the schism will be resolved within our lifetimes and that nobody of any real consequence will win the lottery if I dared to give a few numbers out but if I bothered to even try I'd bet my random numbers would end up in the winners more often than not.

Hehe, I'd also ask how "autistic" they seemed to be to you. There is a meme that says that ILI is shorthand for autism/Asperger's sydrome to some degree or another. Another data point that may well explain many another for me...
    @End, ILIs don’t seem autistic to me at all. They seem particularly smart and hard-working (when they want to be) and have a capacity to focus intently on their interests. They are also fundamentally nicer people than I am, even though they will often be a dick to someone on first meeting them.

They are very similar to LIEs, in my experience, with only a few general differences.
    One, they don’t want to be the main attraction on stage. They want to control things from the shadows, offstage.
    Two, they are more likely to believe in God than not.
    Three, they can dive so deeply into a subject that they miss stuff that is right next to the problem, and which often affects it.
    And fourth, as I said before, they are actually warmer human beings than LIEs, but you have to know them for a while to see this. LIEs can seem superficially friendlier at first, but ILIs actually care about people more.

Oh, and one last thing. When ILIs go wrong, they tend towards psychopathy, so they want to kill you, usually from a safe distance with a sniper rifle. LIEs tend towards sociopathy, so they want to kill everyone, usually by introducing the idea that corporations have the same rights as people but have none of the responsibilities.*

*I mean, if a person deliberately released chemicals which they knew were toxic into the drinking water and caused 5,000 people to die and 20,000 more to go blind, should we let that person off with a fine and a request that they not do it again?
    No one has executed a corporation in a long time.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@End, ILIs don’t seem autistic to me at all. They seem particularly smart and hard-working (when they want to be) and have a capacity to focus intently on their interests. They are also fundamentally nicer people than I am, even though they will often be a dick to someone on first meeting them.

They are very similar to LIEs, in my experience, with only a few general differences.
    One, they don’t want to be the main attraction on stage. They want to control things from the shadows, offstage.
    Two, they are more likely to believe in God than not.
    Three, they can dive so deeply into a subject that they miss stuff that is right next to the problem, and which often affects it.
    And fourth, as I said before, they are actually warmer human beings than LIEs, but you have to know them for a while to see this. LIEs can seem superficially friendlier at first, but ILIs actually care about people more.

Oh, and one last thing. When ILIs go wrong, they tend towards psychopathy, so they want to kill you, usually from a safe distance with a sniper rifle. LIEs tend towards sociopathy, so they want to kill everyone, usually by introducing the idea that corporations have the same rights as people but have none of the responsibilities.*

*I mean, if a person deliberately released chemicals which they knew were toxic into the drinking water and caused 5,000 people to die and 20,000 more to go blind, should we let that person off with a fine and a request that they not do it again?
    No one has executed a corporation in a long time.
    That all sounds about right. After all, as Stalin so eloquently put it: "Behind every problem is a man. No man, no problem."

Well, I modified the quote a bit because this way sounds better. Why kill a ton of people when just dusting one with an Anti-Materiel rifle will get the job done and enable the plans and prophecies to continue along more beneficial lines? I say Anti-Materiel because ya wanna be sure and the results of such a hit on a human target sends quite the message (especially if ya use HE ammo for that 20mm).

As for the corporations I agree that they need dealing with. The only way I'm seeing as to how to do it effectively (as a corp isn't really a living breathing person and thus cannot be truly "shot" nor does breaking them up into smaller ones do much in practice) is to bring back some form of collective punishment (e.g. make the board of directors legally responsible for the crimes of their employees pertaining to their business). This leads to a very bad slippery slope indeed, but otherwise the corporate big wigs just get one of their flunkies to take the fall for their atrocities and they have near infinite access to flunkies. Managerialism 101.

It's as I've commentated before. We're living in a cyberpunk dystopia, but without all the cool shit we were promised. Personally, I feel cheated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12