Me and my partner have been researching Socionics together and we've determined that he's an LSE and I'm an IEI. We are open to the fact we could have mistyped or that we are indeed in a conflict relationship. I just think that after 6 years together there would have been much more conflict than there has been... Or can conflict relationships work if both partners put in the effort?

He's a solution-oriented pragmatist who is proactive, detailed and politically-minded. He is training to be a history teacher and loves to cook. He's very, very practical which contrasts with my fantasy-prone nature. A lot of the LSE descriptions talk about how this type is businesslike but can put on a certain charismatic charm when in public which is very him. He also needs a good amount of efficiency and control in his life.

I relate to IEI because I'm very opposite to him in general. I'm creative, imaginative, introspective and I'm always searching for the meaning of things. I can also be fairly lazy, sluggish, melancholic and riddled with doubts. I'm still figuring out what I want to do career-wise. I'm quite spontaneous and can forget about tending to every day matters without a gentle push.

I'm not sure why our conflict relationship has worked so well, but I found our differences have helped each other to feel more balanced. He's my biggest supporter in terms of helping my dreams to become a reality by laying out practical steps to take and helping me take care of all the details I may miss. He also tells me I help him to slow down and enjoy the moment more and encourage him to be spontaneous at times and try new things.

If we do ever experience conflict, it is usually down to misunderstanding each others emotional needs. I can get quite moody at times and don't always communicate my feelings well. I'm looking for someone to intuit how I'm feeling and get on the same wavelength, whereas he prefers to disconnect, talk it logically out and solve the issue right away. However, this is never usually an issue for too long as I've partly come to appreciate the way he can help me rationalize my emotions. It has been nice to have someone who can offer practical explanations for everything I'm unsure of.

So I'm just looking for opinions on conflict relations really. Are they as bad as they say?