Thread: Different ITR suitable for different lifestyles/ life paths/ careers?

Threaded View

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Different ITR suitable for different lifestyles/ life paths/ careers?

I was sitting thinking about what career I would like to have had if I could turn back time..like the song..

Teacher? Public library manager? Some sort of job in TV? Teaching seems like something I could have done- in particular an art teacher.

However, if I imagine being happily married to a wonderful dual..I'm not sure I see myself as a teacher in that scenario. Even with the help of a dual, it seems like too much of a hectic job where you have to really give it your all. Maybe it is just too hard to imagine because it seems like a tough job to me, because I don't feel particularly skilled atm. (I actually am a qualified teacher btw lol). But if I imagine myself being with a different type, for example an SEI, then I for some reason can picture myself doing something exhausting and rewarding like teaching? I remember reading that look-a-likes can be good relationships if you live in a 'tough environment'. In Gulenko's book. There is also a bit of subtle competition with look-a-likes so that could help push you career wise I guess. Also, I guess this particular relation is also known as business partners so maybe it is a good pairing for focusing on career related goals.

So my question is, do you think that particular ITR can help you achieve particular ambitions in life?

Perhaps if I can't imagine myself as a teacher, even with the support of a dual, well then maybe it never really was my true calling. I guess what a dual might do, is help you find a niche- push you to find a career that works for you, regardless of whether it's your dream field or not.

Sorry if it seems like a dumb question- the descriptions of ITR do give us a good overview of what each type of ITR can offer. But I thought it might be interesting to think about the postive impact that non dual relationships can have on a person? If you find yourself in a non-dual relationship.

Also, do you notice certain types of people tend to get into particular ITR?

So for example, I know two gay activity couples. Both couples have good careers. One couple is a very quiet pair, who don't have a lot of friends- happy to spend their free time alone (it seems). The other couple are very extroverted with loads of friends and like partying a lot- they get to share a fun, exciting lifestyle together.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 06-24-2022 at 07:17 PM.