Thread: Tell me about your one that got away. What was their sociotype?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tell me about your one that got away. What was their sociotype?

I think title is pretty self-explanatory.

That person who crosses your mind when you’re alone. The “right person, wrong time” or whatever the tale of woe may be that you always wonder if things could somehow have been different with.

Mine was an SLI-Te (activity). I was young and dumb and didn’t understand that what I had was rare (for reasons outside socionics).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI ex girlfriend.
    It was an "illusionary" relation. She was the only girl I really liked so far.
    I loved the fact she wasn't a slave of common human emotions, like jealousy. She was somewhat detatched, but still she cared a lot. The type of girl who says "I give you freedom and I'm not gonna controlling you, but if you betray me I will vanish forever".
    First relationship for both, still we never found another partner as compatible as we were in terms of "mind".
    We both were capable of unconditional feelings for the other, and when we broke our relationship we kept a good friendship (because it didn't ended with betrayal, but for different needs and views).

But one day we argued because she was using me too much (as a friend), and when I pointed out this she lacked words in her defense and preferred to escape.

She made me mature a lot and I still love her in a more "fraternal" way, because I liked the brief moments we spent together.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesri View Post
    My ILI ex girlfriend.
    It was an "illusionary" relation. She was the only girl I really liked so far.
    I loved the fact she wasn't a slave of common human emotions, like jealousy. She was somewhat detatched, but still she cared a lot. The type of girl who says "I give you freedom and I'm not gonna controlling you, but if you betray me I will vanish forever".
    First relationship for both, still we never found another partner as compatible as we were in terms of "mind".
    We both were capable of unconditional feelings for the other, and when we broke our relationship we kept a good friendship (because it didn't ended with betrayal, but for different needs and views).

But one day we argued because she was using me too much (as a friend), and when I pointed out this she lacked words in her defense and preferred to escape.

She made me mature a lot and I still love her in a more "fraternal" way, because I liked the brief moments we spent together.
    Awwwe, I love this. I’ve always wanted to experience having an Illusionary partner. I get “soulmate” vibes from your story.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Awwwe, I love this. I’ve always wanted to experience having an Illusionary partner. I get “soulmate” vibes from your story.
    Yeah. Maybe it is not the best relationship possible, but it is really intense psychologically speaking (at least in my case).
    I think relationship like this help a lot to understand yourself, and life in general, better.
    I'm waiting to find a dual to understand better if I prefer duality or illusionary.

PS. ILI has Si role, so they are similiar (from an external pov) to my duals. Maybe is called for this reason "illusionary". They give the impression to be your Duals but they are not. Still, I consider them a very good kind of relationship
    Last edited by Lesri; 06-23-2022 at 10:25 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year I crossed paths with a rather nice ILE. He reminded me a bit of the typical SEI type I go for..I’ve also met a couple of lovely SEEs. I think if I could choose one fantasy relationship it would probably be with an SEI-fe. I’ve known/met a few who were quite special. (They have a bit of a mad edge to them, also lovely voices). However, sometimes I think if someone seems super special then it’s too good to be true and maybe they're not quite right for you. (Maybe not marriage material). I knew an SLE in uni, who is still basically my dream SLE. Though I’m probably idealising him a bit. We both liked the same type of art. I remember meeting an LSI guy when I was really young and I remember him being a really good kisser but I don’t think I actually liked him..activity couples do seem to have quite passionate relationships.

Before uni I fancied a different ILE guy. I think illusionary could be a really nice first boyfriend.

Oh I loved an EIE guy too, I think we could have had a nice relationship.

I think maybe people end up with mirrors because a decent mirror still feels really special..even if long term
    they don’t work out very well?

ILIs seem like they have potential to be interesting
    Last edited by Bethany; 06-24-2022 at 12:03 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I have ever had anyone who I really liked get away from me. I am a persistent mofo. If I really like someone, even if we’re not dating, the person will remain in my life. The LSI guy is the closest but I just couldn’t let him go and he’s slowly warming up to me. Haha.