Thread: How can I be able to sit for longer time ?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry How can I be able to sit for longer time ?

Hi

The problem is above in the question

I can't sit for more than an hour exactly... If this happens and I try to skip the hour I start feeling the urge to vomit and move around like someone who is tied up and trying to escape

I always want to move

What should I do?
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/TuOcfbEUpfc

This video talks about this.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had really bad problems related to this
    since a kid, then got used to sitting, but then id get dizzy and nauseous when i would be up.
    this is due to how ur body, mind and muscles change depending on what ur doing. when u sit down too long some muscles are forced to relax, when by default u need them to be tense to stand upstraight most of the time.
    when u get up, those weakened muscles dont activate again properly, and ur body compensates, which puts ur body out of alignment, including ur cranial bones, which shift puitting pressure on ur brain and making u nauseous.
    ur musles dont always relax or tense up like u want them to. all of this can result in muscle knots, pinched nerves, bad motor habits and syndromes like carpal tunnel. i figured this was also straining my eyes since they also have muscles that work together with the rest of ur body , and this was making me nauseous when i read.

i addressed my issue by looking at anatomy diagrams, thinking how it all should work together, watching videos and articles about posture and exercises. this has been affecting me for a long time now. but it did get better, and it only got better when i started addressing it, since i ignored it too long before since i wouldnt be able to do anything with my life and time if i focused on it properly, bc this thing is neural connections that activate by themselves, which would take many many hours of thinking and experimentation to address properly.

the 2 ppl whom i know like that are SLEs, they always move, and 1 has ADHD with hyperactivity. his eyes tire if he looks at a screen for too long, he wont let his mouse rest on his screen and uses the pc standing up on a tall desk
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Hi

The problem is above in the question

I can't sit for more than an hour exactly... If this happens and I try to skip the hour I start feeling the urge to vomit and move around like someone who is tied up and trying to escape

I always want to move

What should I do?
    Move to a different chair.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-19-2022 at 08:56 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

muscle imbalance relatd to being underweight too. both the SLEs were very skinny before they bulked up but the problem somehow persisted - this is bc common exercises dont address muscle imbalances, and what happens is that the imbalance just kind of gets worse, since active muscles become stronger, and u cant activate the weak ones anymore, since the strong ones wont get weak enough to the point ur body needs to recruit the inactive ones, which u cant exercise so much to restore if u dont address them directly, which is an incredibly complex process, bc to do so as i said u need to weaken/deactive the active ones which u have been making stronger and tense while exerising.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting problem, I have the exact opposite problem that I never want to get up

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilthoth View Post
    https://youtu.be/TuOcfbEUpfc

This video talks about this.
    Thank you
    I will watch it tonight because I have to study now

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    muscle imbalance relatd to being underweight too. both the SLEs were very skinny before they bulked up but the problem somehow persisted - this is bc common exercises dont address muscle imbalances, and what happens is that the imbalance just kind of gets worse, since active muscles become stronger, and u cant activate the weak ones anymore, since the strong ones wont get weak enough to the point ur body needs to recruit the inactive ones, which u cant exercise so much to restore if u dont address them directly, which is an incredibly complex process, bc to do so as i said u need to weaken/deactive the active ones which u have been making stronger and tense while exerising.
    Well I'm skinny since birth ( but not a skeleton too )

Thank you so much
    Last edited by Squirrel; 06-20-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Interesting problem, I have the exact opposite problem that I never want to get up
    Lazy?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Good solution but at schools nobody cares about putting a chair like this for students

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Move to a different chair.
    The same reply
    I can't at school , even in lessons outside school

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Lazy?
    Inertia. If I get up and start working I'm fine

Dunno if that’s normal or not, asking a doctor would be better tbh

IMO I don’t think humans are meant to stay in one spot for too long, movement is healthy. Helps keep lymph fluid and blood circulation moving and whatnot. Moving lymph is necessary for removing toxins from the body, and blood circulation— well, we always need fresh blood moving through us for nutrients, oxygen, etc. Staying in one spot for too long can cause shit to build up hence why it’s always better to move around when ur sick. Also depends on how active u are as a person, maybe ur body is saying u need to workout more but these are just my two measly cents lol
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Inertia. If I get up and start working I'm fine
    I had the same thing for a while too

The Creator and the Destructor The Iconoclast's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drink tons of coffee or take ritalin (opposite actually). Threat to throw the chair at your teachers. Scream angrily wholly-using your diafagram: "I WANT A GOOD FUCKING CHAIR OR I WILL BECOME THE FUCKING HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME!!!" Radical changes need radical measures and therefore radical actions. I wish you luck, my friend.

PS: If you want the opposite of ritalin and caffeine try Mary Juana.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually sitting for long periods of time is unhealthy.. That you want to move around after 1hour (which is already a very long time) seems like you still have a natural body awareness for what is good for you. Sitting is considered very unhealthy btw. A lot of websites on this topic even recommend to move around every 30 min. for 3-5 min for example.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk does it have something to do with your furniture? Stuff that's truly both fitting and ergonomic seems like it would be incredibly expensive. They had this 'ergonomic' office chair on sale at Sam's Club for a cheap price but it was way too small for me and was awkward and uncomfortable for me anyway even though it was marketed as "ergonomic." Wanting to vomit could be related to issues with ur neck or your furniture not supporting ur neck properly. The body was designed for motion anyway not for people to sit around for long periods of time anyway but I just hope its not ur furniture. It can be hard to find furniture that I like personally - the chair I'm using now isn't that bad but it has a tendency to shift the weight of ur body awkwardly to one side.

sp/so 8w9 863 VFEL SCUEN Asshole's Avatar
    TIM
    CS: SLE
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try tapping your foot or fidgeting, but don't fidget when talking to someone.
    Last edited by Asshole; 03-31-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

- a training. with enlarging the time on every step. as variants: reading a book with a distraction, watching a movie
    - find more interesting to keep the attention
    - study to relax in physical, emotional and thoughts levels
    - name what you feel in audio, visual, sensation perceptions; name what you think; name what you feel in this moment;
    - tea/coffee may reduce. there are sweets of coffee beans in chocolate - they are similar to a cup or more

if you need to wait and to do nothing - think about something pleasant, real or a fantasy. or concentrate on pleasant near

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post
    idk does it have something to do with your furniture?
    Yes, I have a hard time sitting in very tight spaces like school desks (sometimes) and uncomfortable chairs

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You probably better off not sitting for a long time as it’s terrible for your health
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get some ADHD meds. Just kidding. Unless you do have ADHD, in which case, yeah. That might help.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK, multitasking while I'm sitting helps me when I feel that way. Switching tasks when I feel like getting up. Turning myself "off" for a few minutes by doing something I actually WANT to do/feel interested in, if I'm working on shit I don't enjoy. That's why you see me on this forum, it's a way of "switching off" for just a moment, it gives me something brief but more engaging that I can do to hit the reset button on my focus. Just make sure you are also self-controlled/self-disciplined enough to switch back once you're mentally refreshed. It's a mental thing in my case, but if it's not for you, this probably won't be helpful advice that you can relate to and then use.

A bad habit that I don't recommend: vaping helps me also, by giving me something to do with my hands at the same time. You could probably replace this with a squeeze ball or something.

I will often have Discord/other social platforms on one monitor, my work or shit I need to do on the other (or split screen, if I'm on my laptop). It helps me a lot to be able to chat while I'm filling out job applications, apartment applications, other stupid work forms or whatever I have to do, or do mindless/tedious parts of my actual work. If I don't do that, you'll see my leg shaking a lot, I keep sighing, and I become really irritable, and I eventually just feel so irritated that I can't even focus on what I'm doing anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a PHAT ASS.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People who sit for too long get fat. Cubicles are loaded with fatties.

TIM
    Enneagram 18w96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't? Why do you want to anyway?