Thread: Human races and functions

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Human races and functions

Could it be perhaps that each of the different races of human has strengthened or an emphasis on certain functions? Something like asians having betteer Ti than normal, people of color better Si, Whites Te, Indians Ni, etc? There's also the country or culture which you were born into, which is also a factor, but here I am referring to inborn differences socionics-wise depending on race.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the naivety to believe that since about 40 000 years and the extinction of Neanderthal via various processes (including assimilation), There is no reason to use the plural when it comes to human races. There is only one human race since all human on earth can interbreed without any problem. That has been a problem for Neanderthals because, despite being "compatible" with us, one of their issues was that their females pelvis size were to small for the baby of whom the father was a Homo Sapiens Sapiens. On the other hand, that has not been a problem for the females of our Race and the rest is of natural selection. At least this is one of the several explanations of their extinction.
    Note that I don't know the probability rate of interracial pregnancy even though I have no reason to believe that it might have been particularly low.

Anyway, Race aside, It is certain that Time and the kind of society (Socion x) we live in has a major influence on the development of certain functions. It's a survival imperative. Basic thing we take for granted today like going to school and receive a certain degree of education have a massive influence mainly on our SubType. So yes the level of development of a given society can influence the ratio of the emergence of certain Subtypes over others. Any given society will produce the Sub-Types that it needs via its education system. Countries like Japan and South Korea will not produce the same SEI or LSE as countries like China or Ethiopia. Culture, "do's and don'ts", religions, politics have a major influence on the flavor of all the types Role function. So imho yes, even if the core type is maladapted to the standard of a given society it will develop the functions that will help him "survive'.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I have the naivety to believe that since about 40 000 years and the extinction of Neanderthal via various processes (including assimilation), There is no reason to use the plural when it comes to human races. There is only one human race since all human on earth can interbreed without any problem. That has been a problem for Neanderthals because, despite being "compatible" with us, one of their issues was that their females pelvis size were to small for the baby of whom the father was a Homo Sapiens Sapiens. On the other hand, that has not been a problem for the females of our Race and the rest is of natural selection. At least this is one of the several explanations of their extinction.
    Note that I don't know the probability rate of interracial pregnancy even though I have no reason to believe that it might have been particularly low.

Anyway, Race aside, It is certain that Time and the kind of society (Socion x) we live in has a major influence on the development of certain functions. It's a survival imperative. Basic thing we take for granted today like going to school and receive a certain degree of education have a massive influence mainly on our SubType. So yes the level of development of a given society can influence the ratio of the emergence of certain Subtypes over others. Any given society will produce the Sub-Types that it needs via its education system. Countries like Japan and South Korea will not produce the same SEI or LSE as countries like China or Ethiopia. Culture, "do's and don'ts", religions, politics have a major influence on the flavor of all the types Role function. So imho yes, even if the core type is maladapted to the standard of a given society it will develop the functions that will help him "survive'.
    Yeah sorry, wrong word. I meant to say ethnicity.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Could it be perhaps that each of the different races of human has strengthened or an emphasis on certain functions? Something like asians having betteer Ti than normal, people of color better Si, Whites Te, Indians Ni, etc? There's also the country or culture which you were born into, which is also a factor, but here I am referring to inborn differences socionics-wise depending on race.
    Yes, this is Myfarog and everyone has a race bonus to their functions, and if you drink blood you turn into a Jew and if you wield a spear you turn black. People with blonder hair and bluer eyes get better race bonuses to their functions, except for spear-throwing and trickery. If you convert to Christianity, Judaism, or Islam your hair turns black, your eyes turn brown, and you lose your bonuses and have them replaced with trickery, and you can never follow the Nordic Aryan gods of praising the Sun again.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe that the environment plays a role as the aspect of quadra elemental values to develop a certain function with some kind of legitimate accentuations. One of persons that I met in a community, he referred to me Socionics type behaves like a gamma, so you could make a presumption that, on this case, your type moves around the boundary of your behavioral attitude as a part of your identity. However, since the Quadra aspect can contain either individualism or collectivism, but I don't think that should necessarily be the case, since approximately, there are many races that live within a country. For instance, there is this South East Asian country which possesses full of expressionism and agricultural aspect in their Society, so let's denote this as an Alpha quadra. Next, you may find some others, or people, that are different by ethnicity in many ways, since this country can't be typed solely by level surface, and many of these people are, inadequately, coming from another quadra, such as Beta, Gamma, or even Delta. Hence then, they blend to each other and form a very own culture, too, to establish their 'tradition'. However, there are many factors that might force them to "blend" with each other, using the same 'colour' despite being a democratic country, but still different in many ways. And since that human ethnicity can't be determined solely by one aspect, I doubt that this model isn't relative to say the least. Albeit, I might say it could be possible but I'm not sure whether it's a probability or not ontologically speaking. Or else, I don't claim this theory to be true either.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I have some development on these:

Black people: +Ni and -Si
    East Asians: +Ti and +Se
    Caucasians : +Ne and -Fe
    Slavs: -Ni and +Se
    Hindus: -Ne and -Ti
    Arab: -Se and -Te
    S. A. Indians (and descendants): +Si and +Fe
    N. A. Indians: +Ni and -Se
    Nordics: -Ni and +Te. They also seem to have the peculiarity that they lack +Ni.
    Australian Aboriginals: +Ne and +Fe
    Hawaiians: +Fi and -Se
    Inuit: -Fi and -Si

Maybe will add more.

PS: They all seem to have two "empowered" (and/or ethnically valued) functions.
    Last edited by lavos; 07-14-2023 at 05:05 AM.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Yeah sorry, wrong word. I meant to say ethnicity.
    Perhaps the proper word would be breed (like dogs). Because there really is too much difference between a Nord and an Indian to regard it the same. Ethnicity doesn't seem heavy enough, and it's true that race there's only Homo Sapiens.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm naah it has more to do with the standard culture in their native environment. Russian-born and american-born are both "white caucasian" but have quite different attitutudes towards life. Just an example.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Mmm naah it has more to do with the standard culture in their native environment. Russian-born and american-born are both "white caucasian" but have quite different attitutudes towards life. Just an example.
    That might be true. But I think that apart from the cultural heritage, there might be genetic predispositions too (which is what I'm trying to figure out here). Also, probably, if everything is cultural heritage, then maybe the divisons would have to be between countries, or even subdivision inside the countries ("integral types" - that maybe are shared by the populace in some manner). Maybe both are true, the genetic predisposition, and the cultural heritage.

Socionics is just so amazing.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still too early to think so I'll just say simply, yeah race/ethnicity probably have some effect on aggregate tendencies in personality. Environment is also probably a factor, but basically self-evidently not exclusively so.

You're going to get a lot of intransigence and boilerplate blank slate-ism insisting that the only factor is environment around here, though, rather than honest appraisal of tendencies in groups' strengths or weaknesses such as they may be.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much debated Dog of Danger about this in the Unpopular Opinions thread after taking time to do the research, study the statistics, etc. I'm not doing it again, so my answer is no, and if you want elaboration you can read what I said to him on that thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In USA of today the idea of races difference is almost forbidden.

If some difference in related to types between races exists it's slight and on a level of race average. Without large stats there is nothing to discuss.