Thread: What makes a good test?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What makes a good test?

How do you create a good test for socionics?

We've all taken various personality tests, what are your favorite elements of them?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Questions that are easy to answer and hard to get "wrong"

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the statistical Reinin calculator created by @Yaaroslav. I don't know if it is accessible anymore (too bad). You could get your type right simply by guessing your Reinin+Jungian dichotomies, because the calculator gave you your most probable type even if you got many of them wrong, taking advantage of the redundance in Socionics. (or so I understood this).
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isolate a group of people in a remote location. Put them in a death struggle against a hostile environment. Their real types will eventually slip through the cracks of their bourgeois social conditioning.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Ideally the questions/statements have a Likert scale and the tested behaviours actually correlate with observed personality dimensions rather than being speculative hunches. Also the results should not group individuals into one of two opposites.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one that gives me the answer I want, of course

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

in dire need of needing life Fransiskus's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones that are complex that you can't even think / guess what the question is meant to do for the results while still keeping me sane. Most tests I've taken is really prone to personal biases since i know what they're really trying to do with each questions for the end score later
    That relates to my first time taking Socionics test, i don't know anything about it and i thought that it's too complex for me, but the results i got is stable and genuine

The Creator and the Destructor The Iconoclast's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The capacity to capture the type correctly while also sparing your time investing in fundamental and reasonable questions. It should be non-obvious for people who know the structure and can manipulate the results. It is easy for me to tort everything to get the result I want. To create a distinction between the three layers of the psyche while differentiating their common representations in the type (how they influence and appear to be each other) is momentous. I talked about the possibility with VG but wasn't answered. Such concept of a test should be thought in the long-term.