Thread: Do people always admire their dual/semi-dual?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do people always admire their dual/semi-dual?

The way I feel around Te bases is pretty consistent - I naturally want to step off the platform and let them lead. It fills me with a sense of awe and admiration, regardless of whether I agree with what they do or not. Even LSEs and LIEs who make me want to tear my hair out have that impact on me. I can’t imagine a stalwart Te base having that kind of perception of a reserved Fi base, or the bubbling Ne base being as affected by the quiet homeostatic depth of an Si base.

Do other people perceive people with their suggestive as their base in a similar way? Does it always go both ways? Or is the extrovert more likely to overlook the introvert?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    The way I feel around Te bases is pretty consistent - I naturally want to step off the platform and let them lead. It fills me with a sense of awe and admiration, regardless of whether I agree with what they do or not. Even LSEs and LIEs who make me want to tear my hair out have that impact on me. I can’t imagine a stalwart Te base having that kind of perception of a reserved Fi base, or the bubbling Ne base being as affected by the quiet homeostatic depth of an Si base.

Do other people perceive people with their suggestive as their base in a similar way? Does it always go both ways? Or is the extrovert more likely to overlook the introvert?
    I've seen a lot of extroverted types completely reject the idea of dating an introverted Dual. I've also seen a few who married them. It depends, I think, on the prior experience of the two parties. If they have experience with a Dual, perhaps from their extended family, then they are more likely to seek out a Dual. If not, then they usually only see the obvious differences and ignore the benefits which take longer to see.

Growing up, I had no Duals around me at all. In fact, I was the only Gamma in my entire family, apart from my ESI-Fi grandmother, who mostly kept to herself. My parents indoctrinated us to believe that Feelers were stupid, so I never considered them as partners until I divorced and discovered Socionics.

As for appreciating Fi-doms, I definitely do appreciate them. EIIs are fun and smart and wise and subtly clever and soooo easy to get along with. ESI-Ses are strong and beautiful Valkyries, and ESI-Fis are amazingly perceptive when it comes to human interactions and usually have great taste in clothes and furnishings. (At least, I think so.)

As for always admiring a semi-Dual, I work with this male EII and one Friday, after work, some guys decided to have a beer at the local brewpub. The EII new guy decided to sit next to me, and I thought "Oh, no. This is going to be so dull."
    But I was wrong. The guy was funny and great, and he and I ended up monopolizing each other's conversations that evening.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can admire some thins about Se egos and not others just like all other types. theres plenty of them id be happy to see burning in eternal agony tho.
    if their emotions can oscillate so can mine. if they can be mentally unstalbe and "break a few eggs" i should also be able to break some of their eggs. especially since they tend to not be willing to give back.

i think i can relate to ur attitude towards Te bases, so thats probably not duality. they are just good at some things and its nice to see them performing
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t imagine a stalwart Te base having that kind of perception of a reserved Fi base, or the bubbling Ne base being as affected by the quiet homeostatic depth of an Si base.
    It's of course all part of the same pattern, and any "usefulness" of the function (like in Te) doesn't really make any difference. Or maybe it can but then the reason is something else.

What you see in the positive, extraverted behaviour is only a part of the personality, were the inferior side is hidden, although it exists. The "bubbling Ne base" is a form of one-sidedness were the groundedness of Si is undeveloped. They need less bubbles and more depth of sensation (Si) in order to be complete. I'm sure you know this though.

I also think that the functions can have an impact pretty much automatically, without much ostensive behaviour. Just the presence of the person, and a few words and your mind reacts to the function. It's not just about some outer, measurable "information" that gets transmitted. It's more like a "psychic" phenomenon.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think it’s simply about admiring. I mean, a person can admire parts of someone and then they can blow your mind with what you perceive as complete stupidity (possibly can be described as their 1D function and your 4D). Because at the end of the day we are all human and no one is perfect.

But if you think about admiring their 4D functions, I think, in a way.. yes. But sometimes it can seem like a little too much and that’s where your 4D function comes in as a brake to theirs vice versa. Seems to me like a balance ying yang type of thing.

like I wish I could get people to take me seriously, listen to me….or find that push through motivation…but in the end it’s against my nature, so it’s nice to see someone else take care of it and maybe admire it from time to time, or as a way to beat oneself up, like why can’t I be more like that?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wouldn't call this feeling an admiration, it is more like "finally, someone normal". You talk to a dual and this person just lives up to your expectations. The only exceptions were dating sites: 3/4 of the duals there were unhealthy and scared me away, but the rest felt the same and were quite pleasant to talk to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check this:

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not massively. Maybe at first, but then they disappoint me. Same for all EPs. Some duals and contrary types like to keep trying to impress me and that can be admirable. Fellow IPs impress me the most. My semi-dual
    sister impresses me too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a really excellent, thought provoking question.

I actually find it easier to admire people/things that reflect my ego functions (Ni and Te).

With things/people that reflect 4D Se, it's more like a sense of shock and resignation, followed by a willingness to let them take the reins.

My imago (ie. My subconscious object of desire, instilled by my parents and experience) is a Te type enneagram 8.

Therefore, for me, admiration tends to come down to things that I can reproduce.

This actually really explains my dating history and it's probably worth exploring why I don't admire Se as much as I could.

I think @Lore made some good points about there being a flip side and sense of "too much" or something to be corrected. I tend to see weaknesses in my dual and potential for pitfalls. But I also see a lot of strength when the 4D Se and 3D Fi is paired with intelligence. Some SEEs have the ability to get out of sticky situations seemingly by magic, giving me the impression they are actually the intuitive ones.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really. Admiring too much Te is admiring somebody being a souless and heartless business/career-person douche, admiring too much Se is admiring somebody being too carnal, physical and base asshole-ish. "I just love him because he's powerful and I'm weak"

It's more admirable if they have a properly developed demonstrative function. I would say the same thing about any type though kinda.

I wonder though if admiration itself is something Fi valuers experience more. I honestly can say I don't really admire anybody very much lol. Admiration is linked with 'respect' and respect is linked with Fi/Te... so it doesn't really enter my brain much even if I'm vibing well with a person.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I wonder though if admiration itself is something Fi valuers experience more. I honestly can say I don't really admire anybody very much lol. Admiration is linked with 'respect' and respect is linked with Fi/Te... so it doesn't really enter my brain much even if I'm vibing well with a person.
    This likely has some truth to it. I know the people in my life who use expressions such as "I admire" are mostly Gammas and Deltas.

Ironically, I feel as though this may be explained because Fe valuers hold a larger psychological distance from people than Fi valuers.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not always, sometimes I can see problems they have and their poor solutions to those problems, but quiet often it's more the other way around. I think my problems are more day to day and have way more opportunity for them to be pointed out since we deal way more with things than people. But yea I've admired duals and semi-duals for sure, it's kinda hard not to.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 06-14-2022 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've personally found Socionics to predict my actual relationships with people very poorly. I'm not sure if that's because I've mistyped myself or the people around me, or just because the model doesn't work well with significant neurodiversities at play.

SLI-Si is supposed to be IEE-Ne's dual (down to subtype!), but... uh. i get along very on-and-off with the one I know. Her Si is horribly unbalanced, and her aversion to unpleasant experiences is overkill to the point of causing her to avoid pretty much anything slightly unpleasant. It ends up feeling more like our only relationship is through academic discussions or writing/playing games together. She just doesn't understand anything Ni, and seems broadly annoyed at my Ne aspects. I definitely don't understand the Ne-Si dual. No idea where the hell I'm even supposed to find intimacy.

Meanwhile IEE and IEI are supposed to be a terrible relationship, but the one I know is one of the people I'm closest and most emotionally intimate with. We do fight a lot over our differences in approach in... actually doing things (I guess as the theory predicts...?), but it's... generally ultimately self-limiting with her. With my supposed duals conflicts blow up and cause lasting tension, and with my supposed conflictor they blow over pretty quickly and we get along fine afterwards. We actually *understand* each other unlike me with the SLI, and that means a lot to both of us when we've gone our whole lives with nobody understanding us. We're not related by blood, but we consider each other sisters. We work together very well once we've actually agreed to do something together and aren't fighting over approach.

In general, from my experience, it feels like the key factor isn't really if conflicts happen/what conflicts happen, and more how the people involved actually react to those conflicts. It doesn't matter how much less I fight with my dual if one blowup sours the relationship for a week. :x
    Last edited by FaeSoleil; 06-07-2022 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
    C’est ainsi, je ne danse pas pour vous,
    Mais seulement pour le vent.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do people always admire their dual/semi-dual?

Obviously not.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Not really. Admiring too much Te is admiring somebody being a souless and heartless business/career-person douche, admiring too much Se is admiring somebody being too carnal, physical and base asshole-ish. "I just love him because he's powerful and I'm weak"

It's more admirable if they have a properly developed demonstrative function. I would say the same thing about any type though kinda.

Too busy achieving what I want to admire people. (Semi related: same with envy. I have no respect for deeply envious people, it's almost like a pity party. Me: "Shut up, get up, and go after what the fuck you want.")

I have rare moments of admiration and it's usually over weird shit, like hearing others speak multiple languages / foreign languages. I have admired Tommy Shelby's Te/Ni skills, but they are unrealistic and exaggerated.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Leviathan View Post
    Do people always admire their dual/semi-dual?

Obviously not.
    Sorry, being a dick out of impatience because the answer seems obvious to me. I am going to try not to be a rude prick:

When, in this life, is anything human related ever “always” true for every person like X? (AKA every person of X type, in this context.)

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    I work with an old SLE guy and we can rub each other the wrong way even though overall we are amicable. I respect him because he's really good at some things and I know deep down he's a good guy, but he's crap in a lot of other aspects of life. So I also don't respect him. Maybe I admire some things, but as a whole I don't admire him.
    Imagine how things could be if you rubbed him the right way.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

I think it would depend if their dual was being an asshole or not, is healthy or unhealthy etc

If my dual was being malicious to me for no good reason I’d be like wtf I hate u but then admire them lowkey bc they’re good at stuff I suck ass at
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dual is the Archetype we subconsciously want to be. So it's primarily a projection, a side of the self (Anima/Animus). I think the dual that we can admire is the one who resembles that idealized image. It's not because a person is theoretically your dual that he or she is the person with whom you will have the optimum relationship. That's obvious. There are a lot of NTR factors that could prevent a dual relationship from working; cultural, social etc. Anyway, what would be the purpose of a dual relationship ? Happiness ? Developpement ? Individualization ? Conquest of the world ? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by godslave; 06-14-2022 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think we admire duals necessarily, admiration is different than compatibility.

That said, I have admired some EIEs before (mainly famous ones), but I don't think this is because they are my dual. EIEs are common among celebs, so it's normal that I may admire a few of them regardless of what type I am.

Most of the people I feel admiration for are famous for having done something in an area that interests me. I only felt admiration for one irl person I think, and he's my beneficiary (though he could be a dual, not 100% sure, D-A cognition and T accentuation can make EIE and ILI seem similar sometimes), but he's older, taught me most of what I know in my field, and helped me grow as a person.

I've never remotely felt admiration for ESEs though, despite feeling at ease around them.

I don't think this is a thing.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    check this:
    I agree with this video.
    (Oh by the way, hello again, I'm back! Hahaha haven't been online for 6 months I guess. I'll reply some mentions later on.)

Ok so Dual NO. But Semi-dual YES.
    I don't know how people can admire their dual right away. Like the above video, I agree our dual will irritate us at first! Absolutely, we naturally reject them because they're like our complete opposite (and I'm not talking about conflictor here). And we have to stay close to them and after some period of time, we will realise that having them around are kinda helpful. We will realise that they excel on thing's that you're not good at, and you're great at stuff that they couldn't/wouldn't do. And after that we get closer and closer, we feel comfortable, and THEN we start admiring each other.

But Semi-dual is different story, we will start admiring our semidual right away. Because we're different, but not completely opposite, so there is no rejection. Instead we quickly realise how helpful they are, you know, your inferior function is their dominant function, and vice versa.
    Easier and very attractive at the beginning, but for long term semidual is not as easier than dual, because there's differences for 2nd and 3rd functions, not sharing the same functions. For long term, semidual is more like a moth to a flame. It's hard, but very rewarding.

I'm pretty sure if you find yourself liking someone right away, they're definitely not your dual. Could be your benefactor, supervisor, semidual/mirage, even kindred or contrary. Otherwise, someone got mistyped.

Anyway, if I think about it, Socionic intertype relationship actually match with EVERY PERSON around me.