Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Crosstypes - typecode casual

Please contribute if you want. Be constructive or at least funny or treat me as the next Jesus or else I will post another image of myself without any haircuts between.

https://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php/Crosstypes

The crosstype hypothesis was first put forward by C.G. Jung in Psychological Types. Jung noted the existence of individuals who possessed "undifferentiated" functions whose states were fused with another function. Jung suggested two kinds of such unions, those of the thinking and feeling (rational) functions and those of rational functions with irrational functions. (intuition and sensation)
    If I read into this correctly it is as if Base, Suggestive interplay has developed to a point where the person possesses significant degree of semi-dual qualities. At least it seems to be one of the easiest of the pairings.

How should this manifest?
    Base information predominates but suggestive follows along quite seamlessly (some sort of fingerprinting like temperament helps to separate the type). Creative/Demonstrative interplay should already resemble each other but the stress of an outcome is still placed on the valued function [EIE would use macabre humor and LII would paint fantastic visions].

Any connection to DCNH or accentuation?
    Could be.

Some people that comes to my mind:
    Jeff Bezos (ILI: Se excitable business conqueror), Brian Cox (LII: Fe passionate physicist), Me (EIE: lots of Ti logic whoring) .

Any other function pairings?
    Is Elon Musk one of those people?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the notion "Self-Dualisation" so maybe there is something there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a similar thing pointed out by Talanov when he talks about "borderline types" there are some types who can be a hybrid of their dual type. This is a very interesting concept to me.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be nice to read what Jung really wrote. Do you know on what page?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Would be nice to read what Jung really wrote. Do you know on what page?
    It was not described.
    It would be nice to know. A simple deduction from multiple sources led me to this.
    Base-Role interplay would be unlikely. It is essentially a switch and not "parallel". Base and Suggestive would work better together.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I'm bad you'll post another cute picture of yourself?

Holy fuck I'm an an asshole. I went to ask my Jung ILE friend if he knew anything about cross types and I saw he wished me happy holidays and I'd ignored him. He might not respond.

He answered me and asked me to send the link. I did. He's wonderful and I'm an asshole.

Wonderful person, genius ILE.

He types me ILI lol He loves Ni doms.

tbh I didn't send a link. I just texted him the info you wrote. I TRUST what you wrote was legit..........
    Last edited by chriscorey; 05-28-2022 at 10:01 AM.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    It was not described.
    It would be nice to know. A simple deduction from multiple sources led me to this.
    Base-Role interplay would be unlikely. It is essentially a switch and not "parallel". Base and Suggestive would work better together.
    There is no mention of "cross-types" in the index of the book. But in the Definitions section he talks maybe about something similar under "Differentiation". I think this could be the original source of your quote?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is no mention of "cross-types" in the index of the book. But in the Definitions section he talks maybe about something similar under "Differentiation". I think this could be the original source of your quote?
    Ok. To me it appears bit different. In this context Gulenko seems to assign problems with opposite directions of the same function for example Ni vs Ne.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Ok. To me it appears bit different. In this context Gulenko seems to assign problems with opposite directions of the same function for example Ni vs Ne.
    In that short quote from wikisocion they mention undifferentiated functions, and Jung certainly talks about that. But that's just a primitive state. I think they just picked something from Jung and gave it a fancy name. But it's a little hard to know what they actually mean, if they mean anything.

I searched some more and in section "The principal and auxiliary function" Jung writes:

Naturally only those functions can appear as auxiliary whose nature is not opposed to the leading function. For instance, feeling can never act as the second function by the side of thinking, because its nature stands in too strong a contrast to thinking. Thinking, if it is to be real thinking and true to its own principle, must scrupulously exclude feeling. This, of course, does not exclude the fact that individuals certainly exist in whom thinking and feeling stand upon the same level, whereby both have equal motive power in consciousness. But, in such a case, there is also no question of a differentiated type, but merely of a relatively undeveloped thinking and feeling. Uniform consciousness and unconsciousness of functions is, therefore, a distinguishing mark of a primitive mentality.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww man. Now my ILE friend who has read all of Jung's work is like "can you direct me to where you read that?"

He's not going to know what the heck wikisocion is.

I'm just going to say "Well a person on a forum thought it was in Psychological Types, but they read it on Wikipedia"

Or I could tell him what wikisocion is. *sigh*

I can already hear the scolding tone I'm about to get....

-Krishna

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Big Edit : Erase a part of the text because off topic (bla bla about Jung) !

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.../n567/mode/2up

I think stuff like synesthesia, chromesthesia, and misidentification of sensations (?) are evoked by Jung here. I think it's more in the realm of neuropsychological disorders than Function related. It's more a confusion than a fusion. Some people have an odd brain wiring which activates brain area of pleasure while being painfully stimulated. Neuroimaging has given an "empirical" explanation for masochism**. Keep in mind that unlike Jung at his time, we see those phenomenon with our modern knowledge and technology.

Imho, being almost as competent in our 4D conscious function as in our 1D unconscious function is inconsistent with the Model A and to some degree Model G. We acquire throughout our life, experiences in our DS function in contact with its IE domains weather from the dual itself or indirectly. I would say that it is easier with modern days technology to be "self-dualized" then let's say 100 years ago. After all Socionics is about informations and the access to any informations has never been easier than today. We can fall in addiction of our DS function domain especially if it is available "wild and free". Solitude, isolation and depression are increasing as informations and the data are taking the world over. Maybe Self-duality is the highway to insanity.

Last edited by godslave; 05-28-2022 at 09:28 PM. Reason: *

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In that short quote from wikisocion they mention undifferentiated functions, and Jung certainly talks about that. But that's just a primitive state. I think they just picked something from Jung and gave it a fancy name. But it's a little hard to know what they actually mean, if they mean anything.

I searched some more and in section "The principal and auxiliary function" Jung writes:
    Well, this is probably it. I'd say that these people have spread out towards demonstrative/creative. I find it questionable to become your base. For example accentuated introverted creative function longs for introverted suggestive function (if strong it aims to self semi-dualize).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    So if I'm bad you'll post another cute picture of yourself?

Probably
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might be one of those.
    i had difficulty differentiating whether im an F or T type for a long time
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILE Jungian friend doesn't remember reading anything about cross types. He's going to look though.

What I remember is that they made MBTI look dumb. Something about psychosis.

My psychologist friend uses Jung, not socionics, to dx her patients...

-Krishna