Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Questions on my mind that I need help answering

  1. #1
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Questions on my mind that I need help answering

    Hi

    So I'm doing my researches to understand socionics more
    But I have some questions


    1- Is the suggestive function weak from birth? or the child is able to use it ( strongly / moderately ), but with age, weakness appears?

    2- How strong is the role function?

    3- At what age does the leading function appear?

    4- What exactly is Ni ? How much is it related to long term memory ?

    5- Does DCNH change the temperament and make it close to another one ?

    That's what on my mind now , I will add a comment with additional questions if I think of something new Thank you


    If you don't belong , don't be long

  2. #2
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,485
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 - weak from birth. its strength probably depends on a lot of external environments but its always naturally going to be 1D. Privilege and social status and external environments come into play with that more than type. For example I think Larry King is a LII who dual seeks Fe but because of all the celebrities he got to interview in life, he came across as a really friendly and relaxed person. there can be other LIIs who didn't get their dual seeking function from others and can come off different.

    2 - role function is average/mediocre strength. tho I think people can under-estimate the strength of 2D functions.

    3 - depends. some functions probably come out in children a lot easier than others. I think cuz of the way Ni works, nobody really notice it about me until I was a teenager because its like people and society at large doesn't care about the insights of kids ime, they are just looking to control them. later on ppl asked for my 4D Ni insight a lot cuz they started to realize it was stronk. strong Se is probably the opposite because its so physical and real world ish? although again depends on environment.

    4 - in very simplistic terms, Ni is raw base insight- and accurately defining the 'essence' of static objects. (Ni with Se). It discovers how patterns develop over time - and its tied with Se can almost see in the future. in the more immediate moment it sees in the future like an oracle, because its so intrinsically linked with Se.

    5 - I don't know. somebody else can answer that.

  3. #3
    godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 964 sp/sx
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    5. to put it simply, your "core" temperament does not change because it's in direct correlation with your Type. e.g. An EIE will always belong to the Ej temperament. Now, this is how DCNH influences the perception of types (again this is just a simplification) :

    D : Resembles Linear-Assertive (Ej) accentuated functions : Te - Se (Fe)
    C : Resembles Flexible -Ingenuine (Ep) accentuated functions : Fe - Ne (Se)
    N : Resembles Balance-Stable (Ij) accentuated functions : Ti - Si (Fi)
    H : Resembles Receptive-Adaptive (Ip) accentuated functions : Ni - Fi (Si)

  4. #4
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    1 - weak from birth. its strength probably depends on a lot of external environments but its always naturally going to be 1D. Privilege and social status and external environments come into play with that more than type. For example I think Larry King is a LII who dual seeks Fe but because of all the celebrities he got to interview in life, he came across as a really friendly and relaxed person. there can be other LIIs who didn't get their dual seeking function from others and can come off different.

    2 - role function is average/mediocre strength. tho I think people can under-estimate the strength of 2D functions.

    3 - depends. some functions probably come out in children a lot easier than others. I think cuz of the way Ni works, nobody really notice it about me until I was a teenager because its like people and society at large doesn't care about the insights of kids ime, they are just looking to control them. later on ppl asked for my 4D Ni insight a lot cuz they started to realize it was stronk. strong Se is probably the opposite because its so physical and real world ish? although again depends on environment.

    4 - in very simplistic terms, Ni is raw base insight- and accurately defining the 'essence' of static objects. (Ni with Se). It discovers how patterns develop over time - and its tied with Se can almost see in the future. in the more immediate moment it sees in the future like an oracle, because its so intrinsically linked with Se.

    5 - I don't know. somebody else can answer that.
    5. to put it simply, your "core" temperament does not change because it's in direct correlation with your Type. e.g. An EIE will always belong to the Ej temperament. Now, this is how DCNH influences the perception of types (again this is just a simplification) :

    D : Resembles Linear-Assertive (Ej) accentuated functions : Te - Se (Fe)
    C : Resembles Flexible -Ingenuine (Ep) accentuated functions : Fe - Ne (Se)
    N : Resembles Balance-Stable (Ij) accentuated functions : Ti - Si (Fi)
    H : Resembles Receptive-Adaptive (Ip) accentuated functions : Ni - Fi (Si)
    Thank you
    This was very helpful


    If you don't belong , don't be long

  5. #5
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another question :

    Are subtypes static ? ( Leading/Creative subtypes ) or they can change?


    If you don't belong , don't be long

  6. #6
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,380
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Another question :

    Are subtypes static ? ( Leading/Creative subtypes ) or they can change?
    Yes, they can change. I think I was a H subtype as a kid. These days I'm likely creative but I still seem to carry Ni accentuation with me.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ni is experiences across time subconsciously compounded into boxes. It can trigger long term memory, but it's not long term memory.

  8. #8
    godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    H 964 sp/sx
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Another question :

    Are subtypes static ? ( Leading/Creative subtypes ) or they can change?
    Subtypes are not static unlike the core type which does not change. According to Dr G, Subtypes change at least once in a lifetime. Those changes may happen in important stages of life like in the so called middle life crisis or other major events that require a new beginning as if a page has turned and we must move on. A change may happen after a trauma and the path of resilience could oblige us to engage in it with a new mindset. Obviously the change is progressive and does not happen overnight, it's a process.

  9. #9
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Yes, they can change. I think I was a H subtype as a kid. These days I'm likely creative but I still seem to carry Ni accentuation with me.
    Thank you but I meant two subtypes system not DCNH


    If you don't belong , don't be long

  10. #10
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,380
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Thank you but I meant two subtypes system not DCNH
    Those should change if DCNH changes in certain ways IMO (DCNH as I see it seems to have more resolution).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  11. #11
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Those should change if DCNH changes in certain ways IMO (DCNH as I see it seems to have more resolution).

    Thank you


    If you don't belong , don't be long

  12. #12
    H.H.W decqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    My house
    TIM
    Clown
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Those should change if DCNH changes in certain ways IMO (DCNH as I see it seems to have more resolution).
    It seems that this change is the main reason for changing the behavior and way of thinking, and the cause of floods, famines, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and the ozone hole.

    ( Never mind about what I've wrote , I don't know what I did )


    If you don't belong , don't be long

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •