View Poll Results: what is Dwayne Johnson's type?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 7.69%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

2 15.38%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 7.69%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 7.69%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 7.69%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

4 30.77%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

3 23.08%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was actually thinking ESTj too, based on VI, but I held back since I wasnt too sure of it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that his energy level seems similar to that of an EJ temperament, and I'm thinking of Si-ESTj or Si-ESFj.

However, he seems more impassioned than most ESTjs:

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's probably LIE. I had him down as LSE before, but I don't think that's correct. He's more demonstrably Ni > Si in the OP's interviews.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I agree that his energy level seems similar to that of an EJ temperament, and I'm thinking of Si-ESTj or Si-ESFj.
    yeah i think Fe base could work actually, he has a natural ease with his emotionality that rubs off on others. he just seems like a pleasant, easygoing person to be around.

also his general VI (mannerisms, facial expressions, etc.) reminds me of Barack Obama, who i also think is Fe base.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think he's probably LIE. I had him down as LSE before, but I don't think that's correct. He's more demonstrably Ni > Si in the OP's interviews.
    How is Ni been demonstrated in the interviews? Trying to understand how to recognize it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    also his general VI (mannerisms, facial expressions, etc.) reminds me of Barack Obama, who i also think is Fe base.
    I personally think Obama is gamma and I think the rock looks gamma too...though Im still not sure as to which one.

ESTj might be unlikely since my ESTp friend in high school worshipped the rock and you're not likely to worship your quasi-identical.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I look again too I think LIE is right, he reminds me of a lot of other Gammas in general. But serious Rock vs Obama, Obama is way more introverted and feely. His energy is fragile.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Now that I look again too I think LIE is right, he reminds me of a lot of other Gammas in general.
    o goodness Im dying

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? After he mentioned it yeah I looked again and think he's right. Usually he has been if there is legitimate reason I'm not seeing.

But I think someone should be able to recognize their own identicals first and foremost, that's step 1.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Why? After he mentioned it yeah I looked again and think he's right. Usually he has been if there is legitimate reason I'm not seeing.

But I think someone should be able to recognize their own identicals first and foremost, that's step 1.
    Funny thing, I typed myself via an identicals(partly). So thats kinda true.

Im just saying you seem to agree with him on everything which seems a bit of stretch. If you wanna be like Ashton, then think for yourself is all Im saying.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no problem if I think he's generally right in this field based on the nature of his comprehension and such. I also give my own input and reasoning even if it's mostly intuitive. I don't want to be like Ashton, just myself.
    Last edited by 717495; 01-28-2012 at 06:22 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE sounds right. He has that un-deflatable feel that I get from a lot of LIEs. His type of presence isn't nearly as bothersome to me as most LSEs tend to be.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess ENTj could be a probable type as well, just that I seldom see leading Te types radiating Fe so naturally and responding well to it.
    That was why I initially thought of Si-ESFj as one of the options, but I still kept them open as it does not feel right.

Anyway, his ex-wife seems Fi-ISFj to me. Perhaps they are duals?

Their interview starts from 00:19 onwards

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does seem "positive," but I wouldn't say he RADIATES emotionality, and even if he did that doesn't make him Fe. What's really a more palpable gauge of the presence of Fe is the level of emotional TENSION present in a person consistently. For exampl,e Paul Walker, EIE-Ni, is rather composed, but you can tell there is a deliberateness to his emotionality; sometimes it's fake, sometimes it's real, but it's more sort of solidly accentuated in Walker than it is in the Rock. It actually seems a little more genuine from the rock, in some ways, but you can tell that Walker isn't just being straight-up FAKE...it's hard to say, it's like Fe types do what SEEMS like exaggeration, but you can feel that there is some truth behind it; with EIEs it happens a lot that the exaggerative bit seems somewhat forced or awkward, even if it is aligned with their internal state. Jack Nicholson is a great example of someone who makes this work really well for him: everything about him seems exaggerated and ridiculous in a way, but there's also a weight behind it that lets you know it's not entirely fake. Paul walker is a lot more understated, being sp primary to Nicholson's sx, and E3 to Nicholson's E8, but if you pay attention to the nuances of his speech and facial expression you can discern the similarity of the accentuation.
    Last edited by Gilly; 01-29-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE or LSE.
    can't tell yet which of the two.

<3 he's adorable.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wife definitely strikes me as ESI.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    His wife definitely strikes me as ESI.
    Yeah, she does-- ESI-Fi

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not seeing any from him. He certainly seems warm and affable; LIEs often are I think when in a good space and speaking on a subject of interest.
    I was partly thinking of his promos/speeches/monologues in WWF/WWE, and how he seems to be adept at invoking and maintaining the emotional atmosphere he wanted in his audience. Moreover, he appears to be relatively sensitive to the emotional nuances of his audience e.g. knowing when to pause purposefully to build up the mood and excitement at critical moments.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    LIE or LSE.
    can't tell yet which of the two.

<3 he's adorable.
    I like hearing him talk.
    Last edited by eunice; 01-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I was partly thinking of his promos/speeches/monologues in WWF/WWE, and how he seems to be adept at invoking and maintaining the emotional atmosphere he wanted in his audience. Moreover, he appears to be relatively sensitive to the emotional nuances of his audience e.g. knowing when to pause purposefully to build up the mood and excitement at critical moments.

Example:
    Hmm. I mean I wouldn't say he's particularly adept at Fe, more just that he's practicd at public speaking. He is very unconvincing and sounds more like an overblown TV announcer than a truly gifted public speaker...

I like hearing him talk.
    Its because he sounds like a Te type He has a sort of clarity and decisiveness in the way he speaks that I think is very common with Te types. However emotionally speaking he isn't really that compelling to me; like I said, he sounds more like an overblown TV announcer. Te types have this way of using Fe that just strikes me as so cheesy and not really being involved with the way they are expressing themselves; I recently posted a video of Mark Zuckerberg that gives me a similar impression.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm not really seeing Si PoLR, or weak Sensing in general...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is a special LIE.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a little more friendly and smiley than I expected. I feel like I'm watching Gigolo on Showtime. What happened to that "bad ass motherfucker" Sarge in Doom? I'm sort of kidding, but I really liked Sarge in Doom just because I liked watching the apparently ethical and responsible guy in charge be warped into the bad guy by his own secretly damning DNA (it was a story of genetic determinism... where good and evil is inside the genome and although Sarge's life allowed him to be good, something darker lurked beneath that in his genes, making one wonder who really was the "real" Sarge).

I'm not really getting any impressions from watching these things. If it was between LSE and LIE, I'd probably go with LSE.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a good public speaker, but it seems more like he's emphatically lecturing them rather than actually engaging with the crowd.
    This.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't strike me as a sensor. He has some physical composure because, well, he's a trained actor and performer, but he doesn't really strike me as particularly "solid" in terms of his energy. Sure the guy is ripped, but he also has a certain stiffness in his body, not really a pronounced physical presence by virtue of anything but his build, which is hardly type related. I don't see any POLR sticking out like a sore thumb either but that doesn't make him not LIE.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Looks SLI; he takes care of him self; isn't that obvious by his physique?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-Ti sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE, probably Si subtype.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTJ: competent, precocious, ambitious, assuming, can be high and mighty, high powered, commanding, imposing, authoritative, born leader, diplomatic, political, opinionated, can be manipulative, goal driven, motivated, single-minded, in charge, distinct, articulate, & intelligent speech.

ENTP: energetic, optimistic, non-conformist, eccentric, witty & swift, gambling on and looking ahead to the future, dramatic, highly verbal, loud, very comical, theatrical, exaggerated, precocious, enjoys challenges, prefers juggling many tasks at once (literally & figuratively), master of one-upmanship, may be inconsistent, unpredictable, very opportunistic, sultan of spontaneity, chief entrepreneur, often spends more than can afford, widest personality variety of all personality types (some are even reserved), jack of all trades.

--

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with ENTP for the Rock.

He's just too goofy and "showy" for me to consider ENTJ
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-31-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    eunice, what do you think of esfp? i have only occasionally seen him in a couple of movies, and now the interview here.

he seems friendly and open and yet a little reserved, somehow, which made me think possibly Fi. he seems extraverted too, at least in the way he engages in interviews. it would, at least imo, make more sense that he were a sensor making a career out of wrestling rather than an intuitive, tho that is not always the case.

just some thoughts in case you're looking for more input
    Hi felafel,

I was thinking the EJ temperament seems to describe him more accurately as compared to that of EP. Even though he is a relatively entertaining person, there is a certain level of rigidity and predictability in his words and actions. During his performances, when he started speaking or acting in a "forceful" manner, you can see thatthis high level of energy had been consistent throughout his presentation and did not waver much.

Notes from Temperaments:

"EJ temperament

Typical characteristics:
    proactive
    restless
    difficult to relax unless tired
    walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff
    "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day
    inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods"

"1. EJ – Extroverted rational (linear-vigorous temperament)

Energy exchange. Clearly noticeably expends energy. Usually gives all that he has. Works swiftly and intensively. As long as he has strength he recklessly wastes it. He uses up all of his energy and then collapses with exhaustion. There is no middle ground: either maximum usage of energy (sometimes close to maximum) or total inactivity.

Recommended sports. Team sports, long-distance racing, skiing, skating, bicycle riding, auto-sport, etc.

Emotions and behavior. Straightforward, clear, rough/rigorous, no maneuvering. Not likely to have inner doubts or hesitation. They are sharp and implacable, and their actions are totally predictable. They often end up being the victims of the surroundings – non-dutiful other people, unstable situations and chaotic occurrences."

Excerpt from "Punk'd"
    Full video: http://punkd.co.uk/punkd-video/51/The+Rock/

His reaction kind of reminds me of ESTjs/ENTjs I have known when they are experiencing and expressing their anger.From the full video, you can observe from the last part that he didn't really take the prank well even though he attempts to laugh it off. EPs generally tend to brush it off quickly as they tend to revert to their usual self more easily due to their flexibility.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE for sure. You can tell at the end that the Rock wasn't even really considering hurting the guy until it was insinuated that he might, and then went on to use this just as a way to "push back" at the suggestion that things were his fault...and wound up getting carried away, lol. Not really his fault, though; the cop did push him first. But the point is, he didn't initially observe his own threatening-ness as a way to psychologically "push back" like an Se type might have done, but the Se information was presented that way, he read the situation and used it to push back. Weak Fe, valued but not-ego Se right there.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah he was doing fine at first, it wasn't until the cops started moving between them that he started initiating any semblance of actual aggression. That's what I was saying, lol. I think it's very much like a Se-HA type to exacerbate that kind of situation when they feel threatened or that something is unfair. Making the guy scared was clearly just his way of pushing back until he got carried away.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I can see LIE. Only because he looks like Ashton in the face. I don't feel supervised by him though, it's more like just really boring for me or something emotionally. I'm sure he's an okay guy and everything but not really 'my type.'

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Only because he looks like Ashton in the face.
    lol

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    he looks like Ashton in the face.
    That's what I told him.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESFP

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ESFP

I was watching an interview between him and Craig Ferguson (Se-ESFp), and Dwayne Johnson doesn't seem ESFp imo. Compared to Ferguson, Johnson seems more stiff, focused, purposeful, and his energy seems more consistent throughout the interview. Ferguson appears to be "all over the place", more easily excitable and fidgety.

Anyway, they seem very comfortable with each other's presence during the interview, and I guess been in the same quadra (Gamma) and having some similar interests partly attribute to the friendliness they show to each other.

Creepy-pokeball

ENTj -- not sure of Etype. He isnt as obvious as 6's like Chris Daughtry or Rami Kashou, of which has nothing do with the fact that they all shaved their heads. He is goofy as fuck tho lol. I wondered if he was an odd mix, like an E9, but I doubt he is 4 thru 7.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8w9 or maybe also some 3. Maybe 3w4 sp/sx?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    8w9 or maybe also some 3. Maybe 3w4 sp/sx?
    I was thinking of 3w4.

He seems more image conscious as compared to a type 8, and I thought he is rather adept in separating his identities as a wrestler and actor. It's like, he is able to portray two different personas for "The Rock" and "Dwayne Johnson" rather successfully to the extent that there isn't much connection between both roles. He seems more interested in "winning and accomplishing" rather than "taking charge and be in control".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast