2 Thread(s)

Possibly. That or ESI.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly Ne-base, look at that unfocused eye!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poptart , I believe you are this.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    @Poptart , I believe you are this.
    Yeah no

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Yeah no

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved these things when I was a kid.

I’m scared of most animals but these things seem so calm and non-threatening. They are IEIs.

Edit: I also recall my mum getting me one of those mood rings that were in fashion. It changes colour when your mood changes so you know what mood you’re in! I think I might buy one again lol
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-20-2022 at 06:10 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I, also, think that IEIs can be chameleons.

They are very good at running simulations inside their heads of other people. I think they generally have very well-developed mirror neurons and can imitate the person they are talking to. They can, so to speak, "become" the other person.

This can make them be great diplomats and writers, since they have a fantastic window into how other people feel and think. It can also make them appear to be soul-stealers (since they can "become" you), if you believe in that sort of thing.

IEI-Fe are best at "becoming" other people. IEI-Ni merely imagine other people and other worlds.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-20-2022 at 01:01 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I loved these things when I was a kid.

I’m scared of most animals but these things seem so calm and non-threatening. They are IEIs.

Edit: I also recall my mum getting me one of those mood rings that were in fashion. It changes colour when your mood changes so you know what mood you’re in! I think I might buy one again lol
    @Bethany, you might try writing down your thoughts, or writing stories. Getting your thoughts external to you, and then reading them back to yourself, can help Ni-doms make their thoughts more concrete and well-defined.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Bethany, you might try writing down your thoughts, or writing stories. Getting your thoughts external to you, and then reading them back to yourself, can help Ni-doms make their thoughts more concrete and well-defined.
    Yep. Both would be good. I think diary writing is good for really good or dark times..atm I’m doing quick diary entries with the following qs in mind- what’s going on? Is this ok? What you gonna do etc. It’s so easy to get stuck in a bad place and not even realise how bad it is so writing can wake you up a bit. I recently made my first attempt at writing that isn’t poetry..my writing group is working on a group piece..It was hard but I can see how it could be helpful like you say and something cool to explore. I could never understand why everyone in the group was content writing random bits of stories but I guess part of the appeal is trying out different styles and approaches, working with new characters etc

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often heard IEIs are social chameleons and based on my experiences, it rings true. They make good mirrors and being their semi-identical, it especially is evident to me.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking about mimicry, IEI... but, Chameleon inherently is a predator so ESI, or else, maybe EIE that is somewhat unlikely.
    All of these would be ethical/rational subtype though.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it’s kind of a natural state for me to want to feel completely at one with my surroundings, specifically the people in my surroundings. I could word that better.. With random EIEs and LIEs this can be a little difficult..I start to feel a bit out of control like I can’t vibe off them. It usually gets a bit better but I have to make more conscious effort. If the EIE or LiE are an established friend I think it’s not an issue. Also if I’ve had less than 6.25 hours sleep I cannot be my true chameleon self around people. I start to feel very exposed and like people are going to start getting the wrong picture of me. Around close friends I probably show my true colours, a bit more of my inner child? I don’t know. I always just thought I am really good at empathy, I know how to bring out the best in a person, but since becoming aware of types I do realise that sometimes I try too hard to connect with people and sometimes I should surprise them with a bit more boldness, or they just start thinking I’m way too easy-going and expect it all the time. That’s gotta be unhealthy/annoying.

atm I’m working with quite a few very reserved creative subtypes- it’s pretty hard to connect with them. They do not appreciate my school girl frivolousness lol. At least if they do I am not aware of it. Also, they seem to pick up on my anxiety more..but don’t know how to respond to it. I feel a bit invisible. However, I can learn to pick my moments better with them..
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-21-2022 at 07:54 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I mimic necessarily though, I think SEI do that. I think SEI see into parts of you, but not all.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-21-2022 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacks a prefrontal cortex.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

some Fe valuer probably.

Fe is a type of mirroring, Te isn't. Te valuers tend to get annoyed when ppl mirror too much. LSE bitch I always talk about would get annoyed when the Fe ppl would mirror one another. ((eh maybe she's a bad example cuz she's a narcissistic bitch regardless of type but still a funny example of it I think))

Read an interesting article a few weeks ago even though I always knew it was true- that in regular day to day "down at the bar" conversations ppl enjoy and want mirroring, but people are wary of it/dislike it in business world. Typical Te polr-Te devaluing stuff if you ask me.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a question…

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Yeah no
    @roger557 is right. I've seen your beady eyes, man. You're a dead ringer for this creature.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    What a question…
    You are a question. Will you ever be solved? Not so far as I can see. What do you think? And would you like to be?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @roger557 is right. I've seen your beady eyes, man. You're a dead ringer for this creature.
    ? I don’t have beady eyes

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe types most easily give a desired emotional expression - if they wish to appear dry and deadpan they easily can, for example

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck