Thread: Can you type me? I've filled out the questionnaire of death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Can you type me? I've filled out the questionnaire of death.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I advise clients on the implementation of technology for marketing. It's sort of a cross between management and information technology consulting. I like flying by the seat of my pants in interactions that I am ill prepared for, but dislike the administrative burden associated with consulting e.g. giving recommendations is great, but following-up with some sort of documentation/completing timesheets is awful.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I would struggle to identify any genuine long-term interests or hobbies, but my current interests are psychology, the stock market/valuing companies, high-fidelity audio systems and perhaps self-sufficient living. I can't be sure why I do them, but I would say that they are all attractive because they seem to have endless possibilities. It seems like these topics allow me to look for the infinite in finite places. I also like the sort of compound benefits that learning about these topics can provide.

What are your values, and why?

I value freedom and I think I get this through simplicity or if forced optimisation.

It's hard to put my finger on why, but there's a sense of wisdom/cleverness in getting the maximum results for the minimum effort.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I am married with kids. I am probably quite emotionally detached from family (including mum and dad etc.) and whilst they are important to me, I think I tend to keep up the illusion that I don't need them. I've always had this sort of non-conformist energy about me but the evidence suggests I like to have people around. I have a few close friends and there's nothing that I particularly like or dislike about them, but if forced I would say I enjoy their acceptance of my differences but dislike there preference for surfical superficial chat.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I enjoy shared interests, people that don't take themselves too seriously and I guess acceptance. I quite like having people around but not necessarily interacting with them.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

There are probably three common conflicts:

1. My business partner does not appreciate planning and I do not appreciate doing stuff without a common objective i.e. I cannot decide what to do unless I know what it is we are trying to achieve. He does not find value in planning because from his perspective it could all change tomorrow. I think he identifies as an mbti ESFJ for context.
    2. My wife considers me to be unaffectionate and emotionally cold. She identifies as an INFJ.
    3. In general, people find my reluctance to do things challenging e.g. I have no interest in organised/contrived fun because I don't find that fun and would always be willing to go without rather than compromise for the benefit of the group.

I would say that most of these conflicts manifest as belonging to other people. I don't have any gripes I wish to raise with them etc.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

I think I am pretty good at seeing distant prospects or getting to the essence of a matter quickly, but I am not sure whether that is a trait which goes unnoticed. The most common trait I am complimented on is my ability to explain things and articulate myself. I've also been complimented on my ability to motivate others.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I suffer from really awful procrastination and difficulty making value based judgments without a framework/stated objective. As a result, the main criticism would be leaving stuff until the last minute, perhaps being cold/robotic sometimes etc. Also I can be quite manipulative in my quest to be left alone.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I certainly need help with administration. I think this is mostly complicated by other people though; my solution is minimalism but other people come with baggage etc. and that creates new and difficult admin e.g. I would rather not have television than have to remember to pay my tv license etc.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I dislike doing almost anything where the locus of control is external e.g. someone else organising my time is agony. I seem to enjoy research more than others.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

Financial freedom, perhaps living a self-sufficient life. I guess it all stems from the need to avoid all of these external demands on my time.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

As a general pattern I'd like to explore value investing in more detail but otherwise nothing specific. Whatever comes up today.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I really enjoy people that are open, literal and truthful. I find it conducive to making good progress in any situation/relationship etc. By contrast, I find people that are stuck in their ways pretty annoying.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

It's pretty messy on the whole, but when the opportunity arises I just throw it all away and start again. I found feng shui quite useful because it gave me an objective to organise my house/room in a specific way.

How do you behave around strangers?

I find strangers a bit of a chore. I probably play up to them a bit and probe how they think/feel so that I can make the impression I hope to make more accurately. In general, I will look to get open and honest as soon as possible and often will overshare to keep the momentum up.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

I used to have a real sense of rejection dysphoria, but I've got to the stage where I recognise that any insults or attacks are about other. In general, there will be a mismatch between how the attack feels and how I can cognise it/rationalise what/why/how to respond etc.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Yes, I have a business. I would be interested in a new one though... I would prefer to have a strategic role and employ others to take care of the day to day pains. I am not sure what sort of business, there are no permanent ideas. I'd probably spend more time evaluating business models/supply and demand opportunities etc. before settling on any particular business.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I love a "29 wardrobe essentials" list. I want to shop once and ideally I don't want the items I buy to break or become unfashionable.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

I love my kids but I don't like or dislike kids generally.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

I can't think of a specific situation or time that is fulfilling.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

I think I have had times where I've played the class clown or acted out etc. for attention. I don't think it's something I seek out.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I am reluctant to accept new responsibility, but when I do accept said responsibility I take it seriously. Once I have made a commitment that seems pretty final.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?

It's a bit of a cliché, but I just want my kids to be happy. I have no specific expectations about how they'll turn out but I just hope that I can be here in whatever capacity they need. I guess I would like them to be able to develop the most authentic version of themselves.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

It makes me uncomfortable. My main priority is for the crying to stop and I'll probably just rationalise away their feelings - even if it means confirming them e.g. it's ok to cry, it's reasonable to be upset etc.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I have plenty of superficial accomplishments - nice house, nice car, a successful business, wife and kids etc. I would say that my greatest real accomplishments have been in therapy - and being ok with whatever is happening in this moment etc.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?

I did great in tests, never submitted any coursework and would live in fear of the moment when we would be asked to hand in our homework.

I was a bit of an inbetweener... accepted by the cool kids and the nerds, but content in my small social group. I avoided sports and preferred to hang out in the library or IT room.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yeah, stuck in a sort of constant search to find something or improve for the sake of improving. No real cause, just the apparent passage of time.

What is something you regret?

Not trying harder at school I guess. Not because I think there would have been a different outcome, but I feel like I wasn't the best version of myself.

Who do you admire, and why?

I tend to admire people who have been successful in business or investment; they had a vision and they executed it e.g. steve jobs, michael burry. those sorts. It helps if they were an underdog.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

I am concerned about the beginning of a recession that will make the great depression look light. I see lots of evidence for this and complexity in allocating capital to overcome this.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

I don't identify with any particular set of beliefs, but "the tao that can be told is not the eternal tao" does seem to resonate with everything I could say on the matter.

I was an atheist for most of my life before I ran into some drug problems and came to taoism after being part of a 12 step programme. I also enjoy advaita vedanta and the spiritual aspects of jung's work, adlerian psychology etc.

What are your political beliefs, and why? How much do you care about politics?

I don't really care about politics, but I guess in general I have a preference for something like minarchism or libertarianism. Certainly laissez-faire.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I want an environment that offers total autonomy. I want to get away from the idea that time spent doing stuff is more valuable than a few great decisions etc. I like to bounce ideas and thoughts off other people so having access to others via. some predetermined basis/process would be great.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

I liked the idea of IT, but it was pretty unenjoyable to study. The classes I probably enjoyed the most were maths, french and physics - probably more to do with the teachers than the subjects themselves, but certainly logic, learning something totally foreign and/or abstract/infinite in possibilities was enjoyable.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

I think a common misconception is that there is a purpose beyond whatever is apparently happening. It's the end even of the need for an explanation. Explanation is just another story about how there is meaning, it's going somewhere and it just needs to be understood etc. This is already that.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

Family trip to Florida with Disney etc. It was contrived and awful but I did it for the kids.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Overcoming an awful problem with abuse of stimulants. I am not going to go into any more detail, but residential rehab was a part of my recovery.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I don't really see other people as a whole or consider any prevalent social problems. If forced, I guess there seems to be a lot of unwritten ideas/rules that society are subscribing too. They take them all for granted and I'd like to debate these in greater detail to see if they make sense in the context of some higher purpose - to save the earth, live longer, live happier, achieve enlightenment. Whatever we may collectively agree that to be (by democratic vote if necessary).

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I tend to try different things. Ask questions. Check whether it's even a problem that requires solving etc. All angles will be explored - but definitely more of a try different things and see what happens sort of guy.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

Yes, generally in business or projects when a goal is clear. I don't like to take leadership in situations where goals have not been established.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

Rarely. Forced fun if forced to pick a situation!

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?

I think quickly understanding things/seeing the essence of someone/something and what those possibilities may mean for the future/direction of travel.

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

Pretty dry and nihilistic. Self-defeating humour. I joke around lots.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

Inquisitive, hyperactive, controlling and perhaps a bit lonely? I haven't changed much at all but I guess I've become comfortable with my own company.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

I was due to go to a kids birthday party and it got cancelled.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

I told my personal trainer that I would go for a run before Wednesday and confirm back when that has happened. It's now Tuesday and I've not run yet.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

To be happy or if you prefer whatever is happening is the apparent purpose of life. That's it. The need for meaning is born out of the idea that whatever is happening lacks meaning and it never did unless it did. Recognising this is unknowable happiness.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

Oh gosh. Questionnaire fatigue. No idea... I find poverty kind of fascinating, so ghettos, places with real people and real suffering. That sort of thing is interesting to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for the bump. any thoughts are appreciated.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE or ILI

I think quickly understanding things/seeing the essence of someone/something and what those possibilities may mean for the future/direction of travel.
    strong intuition or thinking
    I tend to admire people who have been successful in business or investment; they had a vision and they executed it e.g. steve jobs, michael burry. those sorts. It helps if they were an underdog.
    Se/Ni or Te valuing
    but dislike the administrative burden associated with consulting e.g. giving recommendations is great, but following-up with some sort of documentation/completing timesheets is awful.
    maybe LSI can be like that, but the stereotype is this is weak or unvalued Si. i think everyone would hate that tho
    u seem more Ni valuing than Ne
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE.