TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh dear

I seem to have changed my flair...

“Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking the methodologies of things to be sound sounds like process over result. EIEs tend to use a methodology of soundboarding, which you seem to do with your aunt.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Liking the methodologies of things to be sound sounds like process over result. EIEs tend to use a methodology of soundboarding, which you seem to do with your aunt.
    I didn't know it was called "soundboarding" or that it was an EIE thing, but yes, soundboarding is easily the main way I make decisions
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I didn't know it was called "soundboarding" or that it was an EIE thing, but yes, soundboarding is easily the main way I make decisions
    Welcome down the rabbit hole. Enjoy your time here.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool to see that you've taken an opportunity to examine yourself in this way, @AWellArmedCat! I think little 'vlogs' about typings like this are honestly a really good way of introducing a discussion, because it lets others of the forum see how you are and lets them come to their own conclusions in a more holistic way. And sometimes putting your thoughts out in an unedited fashion like this can be more revealing, in a sense, than just typing out your thoughts on a forum post.

You seem a lot more eloquent and gesturing in speech than what I would expect an IEI to be, but then again I haven't actually yet seen any videos of IEIs, self-typed or official. Maybe C-subtypes are really different in that aspect, and it makes sense why you'd identify more with it in that way. So to me, at least, the change in type is a good one.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Cool to see that you've taken an opportunity to examine yourself in this way, @AWellArmedCat! I think little 'vlogs' about typings like this are honestly a really good way of introducing a discussion, because it lets others of the forum see how you are and lets them come to their own conclusions in a more holistic way. And sometimes putting your thoughts out in an unedited fashion like this can be more revealing, in a sense, than just typing out your thoughts on a forum post.
    I'm glad you enjoy the format! Maybe I'll start more discussions this way, as I find I do actually enjoy just speaking my thoughts aloud rather than writing them all out. I worry that sometimes I can may come across more stilted in writing than I mean to.
    You seem a lot more eloquent and gesturing in speech than what I would expect an IEI to be
    I may have quite a lot of practice at this, so I'm not sure how much is learned and how much is natural. I've been involved in performing arts on many occasions since a relatively young age, and for the last five years or so I've been teaching in some capacity or other (everybody from kindergarten to adults older than myself), and in addition to that I'm the oldest of all my siblings and cousins (of which I have 24) so I have quite a lot of experience addressing large groups and making sure everyone is included and participating.
    So to me, at least, the change in type is a good one.
    Awesome. I really appreciate your input and any further ideas you may have! I'm happy to hear my journey is an interesting one
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H
    I have noticed the same thing with other EIEs, including myself. Sometimes, the EIE will already have a tentative conclusion in his/her head and uses the soundboarding as a way to test the hypothesis to see if they are missing important nuances. If there's nothing new brought up, they can unintentionally come off slightly dismissive. But I think this way of soundboarding and testing is ideal for a compatible LSI-EIE connection.
    Pretty sure I might have been doing this, too.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    I have noticed the same thing with other EIEs, including myself. Sometimes, the EIE will already have a tentative conclusion in his/her head and uses the soundboarding as a way to test the hypothesis to see if they are missing important nuances. If there's nothing new brought up, they can unintentionally come off slightly dismissive. But I think this way of soundboarding and testing is ideal for a compatible LSI-EIE connection.
    Oh wow that's so funny that you mention that. My friends/family has often joked I only ask them what they think so that I can hear myself say what I've already decided out loud. Like in my head I decided to change my flair to EIE quite awhile ago, but I needed to hash it out several more times just so it like felt real or something before I actually did it
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, you should do Nostradamus larp on this forum.

[I must say that your demeanor gives off serious IEI (-C) vibes, tbh. Let's give you accentuated Si or something. Someone established EIE VI method: they look like they are about to laugh and cry at the same... I'm guilty of this and also very very proud in a weird way.]
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Ok, you should do Nostradamus larp on this forum.

[I must say that your demeanor gives off serious IEI (-C) vibes, tbh. Let's give you accentuated Si or something. Someone established EIE VI method: they look like they are about to laugh and cry at the same... I'm guilty of this and also very very proud in a weird way.]
    Lol yeah I mean IEI-C and EIE-H feel like incredibly similar types. It sort of feels to me like you could successfully analyze the same person as either type, sort of like how a Bb is the same as an A# and it just depends on what key you're in
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol yeah I mean IEI-C and EIE-H feel like incredibly similar types. It sort of feels to me like you could successfully analyze the same person as either type, sort of like how a Bb is the same as an A# and it just depends on what key you're in
    Sounds similar sort of issue what I had with ILE-H and EIE-C.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-H michael jackson
    IEI-C roman polanski

In my opinion. Mirrors are different.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    EIE-H michael jackson
    IEI-C roman polanski

In my opinion. Mirrors are different.
    I'm sure I probably just don't understand DCNH well enough. I'll read the book when I get a chance and maybe I'll be able to distinguish between them better after that. With my current understanding though it feels sorta like trying to determine if a nice midtone grey is a peculiarly light black or an especially dark white.

If you have an opinion on which I am, I'd love to hear it!
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    Let's give you accentuated Si or something.
    This is also something I've been wondering about. Harmonizing types theoretically have enhanced Si/Ni, but enhanced how exactly? How might an EIE-H's enhanced Si differ from an IEI's Role Si? Does the enhancement result in 1D Si becoming 2D, or is it more that the subtype describes uncharacteristic levels of development due to life circumstances for example?
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat
    This is also something I've been wondering about. Harmonizing types theoretically have enhanced Si/Ni, but enhanced how exactly? How might an EIE-H's enhanced Si differ from an IEI's Role Si? Does the enhancement result in 1D Si becoming 2D, or is it more that the subtype describes uncharacteristic levels of development due to life circumstances for example?
    I can’t remember specifically if DCNH, being something invented by Gulenko, really takes dimensionality into account, since Model G itself is more energy-focused. So I think it’s much more due to ‘life circumstances’ as you pointed out, as the psyche of Harmonisers is allegedly oriented to reducing ‘noise’ in their life and aiming for balance (in many aspects, like physical well-being, relations, etc.). They are basically rounding themselves out, rather than pushing their strengths super-hard (which is what Dominants supposedly do).

I hope I haven’t just restated what you already know, though.
    Last edited by Manatroid92; 05-16-2022 at 02:51 AM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t remember specifically if DCNH, being something invented by Gulenko, really takes dimensionality into account, since Model G itself is more energy-focused. So I think it’s much more due to ‘life circumstances’ as you pointed out, as the psyche of Harmonisers is allegedly oriented to reducing ‘noise’ in their life and aiming for balance (in many aspects, like physical well-being, relations, etc.). They are basically rounding themselves out, rather than pushing their strengths super-hard (which is what Dominants supposedly do).

I hope I haven’t just restated what you already know, though.
    Thank you so much! This actually feels highly relevant to accurately typing myself. I grew up the oldest of a pretty big family and was constantly told I had to be the example for everyone younger than me. I became incredibly conscious of every little way that the things I did rippled down through my younger relatives and I think I developed a lot of complexes because of that. I've always felt I had to do everything perfect and been very secretive about my negative emotions for this reason, so I can see how I may have developed into a harmonizing type. Then again, I could analyze it from the other angle. Because I've always had to keep such a tight handle on myself I really find myself yearning to express myself in a totally unrestricted manner and have developed into something of a libertine
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instead of this I'd think about Gman's system as a whole. I'd imagine that result types would go towards "hunter and gatherer" style of being/witchcraft while process types would do nesting/having prophecies in comfort of their homes.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're probably not Fe leading, perceive you as clearly irrational
    IEI perhaps
    also consider the possibility of IEE, if IEI doesn't suit you

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    you're probably not Fe leading, perceive you as clearly irrational
    IEI perhaps
    also consider the possibility of IEE, if IEI doesn't suit you
    I've always thought IEI suited me well. The Process/Result thing is the main hang-up for me though. I don't think it very likely that I'm a Delta
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought IEI suited me well. The Process/Result thing is the main hang-up for me though. I don't think it very likely that I'm a Delta
    Don't focus too much on that dichotomy, subtypes influence it too much

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ever try IEE on for size?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    You ever try IEE on for size?
    I don't think IEE is a likely type, but I won't say no to meditating on it for awhile. Admittedly it's not one I've ever considered seriously as I've always been fairly confident in my Beta-ness
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think IEE is a likely type, but I won't say no to meditating on it for awhile. Admittedly it's not one I've ever considered seriously as I've always been fairly confident in my Beta-ness
    I'm not seeing the Rebelliousness or Intolerance that is characteristic of EIEs. I see more of a happy, joyful, maybe inconsistent (?) type of person, pointing more towards IEE. Just throwing my perception out there!

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing my perception out there!
    Your perspectives are more than welcome! I appreciate any insight into my type regardless of whether it matches what I may think about myself
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not seeing the Rebelliousness or Intolerance that is characteristic of EIEs. I see more of a happy, joyful, maybe inconsistent (?) type of person, pointing more towards IEE.
    I certainly wouldn't consider myself intolerant by any means. I've been more often accused of being overly tolerant of things that I perhaps should have stood up for myself over. As for rebelliousness, I think it depends on how you look at it. I've always been at the anti-authoritarian end of the political spectrum, and most of my close irl friends are some flavour of anarchist or libertarian. I'm fairly vocal about my dislike of authority when I'm comfortable, but tend to employ a lot of tact when dealing with authority directly. I don't feel any guilt about breaking rules as long as I don't see a good reason for their existence and they don't go against my own morals (if anything I tend to view breaking rules that shouldn't be there as a sort of righteous chaotic good act), but I also am not one to tempt fate needlessly and like to think I know how to pick my battles
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey @AWellArmedCat

I could see EIE for you kinda more socially, you seem more confident and outgoing and IEIs to me naturally are more negative/awkward/bitter and shy, and talk more like Debbie Downers rather than trying to match the energy in the room all the time- but in the past we have both bonded over our loathing of authoritative Te Nursed Ratched type people - but maybe that's just you don't value it, and its only 2D? It's kinda confusing cuz you seemed to compalin about it more than other EIEs I've known though, with the Te Police State thing they are more like whatever and accepting about it. Maybe I'm not fully right about this though idk. It's hard for me to pinpoint Si polr sometimes, the fear of disease thing sounds stereotypical and kinda stupid.

tl;dr: so u come off as EIE more definitely, but u still often talk like Te is ur polr and not Si.

Either way I think you're really cool and I like you. =D

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Hey @AWellArmedCat

I could see EIE for you kinda more socially, you seem more confident and outgoing and IEIs to me naturally are more negative/awkward/bitter and shy, and talk more like Debbie Downers rather than trying to match the energy in the room all the time- but in the past we have both bonded over our loathing of authoritative Te Nursed Ratched type people - but maybe that's just you don't value it, and its only 2D? It's kinda confusing cuz you seemed to compalin about it more than other EIEs I've known though, with the Te Police State thing they are more like whatever and accepting about it. Maybe I'm not fully right about this though idk. It's hard for me to pinpoint Si polr sometimes, the fear of disease thing sounds stereotypical and kinda stupid.

tl;dr: so u come off as EIE more definitely, but u still often talk like Te is ur polr and not Si.

IEI are certainly more awkward and shy, but not more negative and bitter - negativity and bitterness can be related to stress on the non-valued regions, or to Fe.

>authoritative Te Nursed Ratched type people
    Authority is mainly Ti (formal systems, rules), Se (material control, material power), rationals being more keen on rules than irrationals. Nurse Ratched is a clear negative LSI stereotype.

>Te Police State
    Again, Ti-Se.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but I would really check out IEE-D. I'd definitely bet on Ep temperament over Ej.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Hey @AWellArmedCat

Yeah, these are all things I've considered too that make it difficult to decide which type makes the most sense for me. I resonate with quite a lot about both of them, and people have made such good arguments for either case. In any case, I like you too! We definitely vibe, that's for sure! ^^
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    Authority is mainly Ti (formal systems, rules), Se (material control, material power), rationals being more keen on rules than irrationals. Nurse Ratched is a clear negative LSI stereotype.
    Oh that's a good point. I hadn't thought of it like that, but it does make sense. Maybe some of the confusion comes from them both sort of being types of authority though. I mean like Te would still be authority in the sense of an authoritative text or source for something, right?
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but I would really check out IEE-D. I'd definitely bet on Ep temperament over Ej.
    I have a second so I'll check it out now! I'm still pretty skeptical of the idea of being somehow Delta, but I do very much appreciate the perspective. I'll get back to you with my thoughts in a bit
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominant SubtypeAdvisor — Enthralling
    Prototype: Coach (personal trainer)
    Above all, dominant IEE aims to encourage, inspire, and instill faith in success. He calls for proactive, decisive action. He is not shy and boldly defends his point of view and interests. He is capable of overcoming obstacles, unless his desire and passion has been extinguished. In important matters, he exhibits considerable persistence, though he lacks the perseverance to do everything carefully and accurately. Dominant IEE needs to constantly switch activities and communicate with a variety of people.
    I definitely would say I tend towards being encouraging and optimistic. It's not so much that I think that horrible thing X won't happen, it's just that I think I have a lot of faith in our ability to overcome obstacles. For example, my LII cousin tends to share a lot of climate doomerism in our group chat, but it's always felt weird to me how defeatist the energy he gives off is when he does so. Meanwhile I'll be like, "I have no idea how, but humanity and the world will be just fine in the end. Every age has its catastrophes." As another example I refuse to surrender in online games that provide the option to forfeit. This drives some of my friends kind of crazy cause they'll see no point in playing a game they see as "unwinnable". No amount of torture is enough to make me quit though. Even if the other team clearly has a hacker on it I'd rather die endlessly to the hacker than quit a game. The rare times where my team wins an "impossible" game make it worth it, and I have a reputation to keep regardless.

He is confident when making major decisions; if his decisions are adopted or implemented, he will not fundamentally change. He strives to meet his obligations, but sometimes his words are not kept, as he is scattered. He’s not vindictive, but having given up on a person, he will easily expel them from his life. He possesses a holistic approach to solving problems. Challenges in life do not scare him, but rather lure him in.
    I'm definitely "scattered" when it comes to my work, but I do take meeting all my obligations very seriously. I don't know if I'm confident in making major decisions... I feel like it's more like I don't feel their "weight" if that makes sense. A lot of people made a big deal out of me moving to Japan in my last few months in the US, and it always felt like they were overreacting to me. Not in like a negative way, but people were just acting like it was some kind of amazing thing that took a lot of "bravery" which felt ridiculous to me. Moving from one first-world democracy to another isn't brave or impressive. Their reactions would've made more sense if I was moving to Ukraine to report on the Russian invasion while undercover. I would definitely agree that challenges lure me in though, and I wouldn't really be averse to doing something more dangerous. I've met a few diplomats here who spent time working at rather high-risk US embassies around the world and their jobs sound super fun to me. I just wouldn't want to worry my parents too much lol

With distinguished foresight, he can intuitively sense the prospects of development for projects. Therefore, he never abandons them, despite difficulties; eventually, as a rule, the desired results are achieved. Having started many things, he lacks the strength and desire to bring everything to completion. When the fatigue passes, his interest revives and he returns to his work again.
    I have a million projects on the backburner all the time. I come back and revisit/overhaul them periodically, but I never really finish them. I just never permanently lose interest in things. I've written so many drafts for novels/screenplays/comics/etc., and I really enjoy worldbuilding so I've made lots of maps, portions of languages, and drawn plenty of concept art. I just lose steam after awhile for one reason or another though. For example, I'll end up having some new experience that somehow changes the meaning of what I'm doing and I'll be unable to continue progress on it without major thematic overhauls that leave me with very little of whatever the original story was.

Dominant IEE is quite adventurous and willingly meets new people. He is inclined towards risky adventures, which raises his vitality. Success comes to him unexpectedly at the last minute when it would seem as though all chances of success are lost. Believing in luck even in the most improbable circumstances, he shows courage and determination and is able to psychologically overwhelm his enemy.
    I can genuinely say for a fact that I have met thousands of people here in Japan, and I've only been here three years. I'm in a city which has had me teaching at 12 schools, and as part of English classes at the beginning of the year every student will introduce themselves to me, tell me a few of their interests, a bit about their family, likes/dislikes, and stuff like that. My students so far number about 2000, and I've at least said hello to a good number of their parents. That's not counting the people at city hall, the other teachers and staff at each school, my other foreign expat friends (roughly 40 that I know relatively well and another 100 or so who I meet off and on), the staff and regular patrons of my local hangout places, my circle of Japanese friends I practice with, my circle of friends back in the US, the network connections I try to maintain for business/life purposes, all those random people I've met and become friends for the night with in various bars around Japan, or that one "Chinese massage" lady in Osaka. I meet a lot of people lol

As far as overwhelming opponents that's my primary strategy in a lot of games. I don't enjoy spending too much time on more involved strategies, but I'm pretty good at fearlessly flinging myself into the line of fire and seeing how many on the enemy team I can take out before I myself die in a blaze of glory. I like catching people off-guard and love playing characters that get speed or alternative movement bonuses.

Sometimes overly trusting of people, he can sometimes talk too much. He considers secrecy a barrier to trust, and because of this, he is not afraid of revealing his own feelings. He loves to win the hearts of people, but not usually anything beyond that; IEE quickly becomes disillusioned with the objects of his sympathy. He is impulsive, extravagant, always visible, and interesting to those surrounding him.
    This is very accurate, which is funny because I can also be very secretive if I'm uncomfortable. I try to only share the things about myself I think people will like and can be rather sheepish about topics I don't think the group would approve of. It really just depends on how confident I feel in my position in the group though. As long as I'm not scared of somehow losing standing I'll share everything. I'm also very guilty of "winning hearts" and then feeling satisfied that I won and ready to move on. It's really not intentional. I don't mean to lead anybody on or hurt them, but I very much impulsively try to endear myself to people, and that can very quickly turn into the other person thinking I'm more interested in them than I actually am, so I try to be careful about this now.

Dominant IEE is highly dependent on his mood, which affects his relationships with loved ones. He dislikes being questioned about his ability, judgement, and business acumen. He cannot always distinguish the important from secondary details, which is why he sometimes spends his effort in vain. He doesn’t distinguish frugality and thrift and has a negative attitude toward stinginess in people. He loves bright, beautiful things such as catchy and original clothes.
    Yeah, I'm not thrifty at all and tend to be overly generous when I go out with friends. Especially here in Japan where the "Japanese thing to do" is to pay for a group all on one bill rather than splitting the bill up between everyone. I tend to pay the whole bill with some regularity and it's probably where most of the money I don't have has gone
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh that's a good point. I hadn't thought of it like that, but it does make sense. Maybe some of the confusion comes from them both sort of being types of authority though. I mean like Te would still be authority in the sense of an authoritative text or source for something, right?
    Any function has, in a sense, an area of authority. The authority of Te is in *more direct* correspondence with reality - data, facts, evidence. A text would be deemed authoritiative by Te mainly through observed correspondence with these parameters (it has to be remembered that Te and Ti are two sides of the same coin; Te types consider empirical observations valid because of the connection of the facts, Ti types verify their models of the world through evidence etc.).
    Ti can consider a text authoritative if it fits a model - social, cosmological, political etc. For example, the validity of a religious, legal etc. text because of tradition (social unity) is an example of Ti. The validity of a text because of results (this seems to work) is more Te. Ti is altogether more speculative, abstract, unconnected from the external world (it is an introverted function, after all) - Ti has less need for verifying these emirically, Te has less need to unify the data into a logical worldview.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I attempted answering the differential diagnosis questions between IEE and IEI. Hidden by the spoiler are my individual responses. M's and question marks indicate me potentially agreeing depending on interpretation or just having no clue what the question was driving at. The English translations are pretty funky, so there's more than a few of those.

Y1. Difficulties do not confuse or discourage me - I know how to act, ignoring troubles.Y2. I am usually very effective in all kinds of emergencies.
    Y3. It is true that I do not climb into my pocket for a word.
    Y4. I have an invigorating effect on other people.
    Y5. Very often I go to guests and to some companies.
    Y6. My brain is working very fast, rapidly.
    M7. It's easier for me to talk myself than to listen to someone.
    Y8. I often initiate a live conversation with fellow travelers or friends, while I like to tell something.
    Y9. I often speak for a long time in one breath, without stopping for a break or reflection.
    M10. I like talking more than listening to someone.
    M11. I quickly get involved in any job.
    Y12. I am a man of little concern.
    N13. There is no way I can sit and do something alone for three days in a row - I constantly and certainly need communication, at least by phone.
    Y14. It's easy for me to communicate with people - they almost always seem nice to me, and I don't feel any fears and barriers.
    N15. During the day, I never dream in any fantasies, if I have them, it's only before going to bed, when I'm already falling asleep.
    Y16. I have an extensive circle of useful acquaintances.
    M17. I noticed that my presence in the team sometimes somehow mysteriously suppresses someone else's initiative.
    M18. It is true that I am not an anxious person at all.
    N19. I would have coped well with the role of toastmaster, managing the fun at a holiday or feast and not letting anyone at the table get bored.
    Y20. Any whirling of unpleasant thoughts subsides very quickly, past resentments quickly lose relevance, replaced by a sense of satisfied calm and confidence.
    Y21. I think faster than others.
    Y22. I usually express my thoughts willingly and verbally.
    Y23. I am almost always cheerful, my bad mood is expressed only by one-time bright flashes of irritated and loud emotions (rapidly passing flashes).
    Y24. I have a fast speech, often with almost no pauses between words.
    Y25. I have a rolling laugh, and almost every day there are reasons to hear my "Ha-ha-ha!.."
    Y26. In casual conversations with fellow travelers, I usually talk more time myself than my interlocutor.
    Y27. I like to talk - I can talk for a long time.
    M28. It would be very suitable for me to be a journalist, matchmaker or columnist in the department of some sensational news.
    Y29. I am the mainstay in people's lives.
    Y30. I don't go into my pocket for a word - I instantly find what to answer or how to make a joke in response.
    Y31. I like to instruct new employees or just newcomers in some activity.
    M32. In conversations with friends, I usually say or tell something more than half of the entire conversation time, that is, I speak out loud more than my interlocutor.
    Y33. More often I think about the next week, and not about what will happen to the world in three years.
    Y34. If necessary, I am able to demand very strictly, and in such a way that not only subordinates, but also those who are higher in status will count with me.
    Y35. Most of the time I feel calm and self-sufficient.
    M36. I am a very realistic person, abstractions, far from the experience of real life, do not interest me.
    Y37. I often speak louder than necessary in public.
    Y38. I am a very balanced and realistic person.
    Y39. Any fright I have in five seconds passes without consequences if it turned out to be false (for example, if I mistook a branch for a snake and immediately became convinced of the error). Without consequences - this means that neither the breath has time to change, nor the heart does not speed up, nor the palms do not sweat.
    Y40. It is difficult for me, being with people, to be silent for a long time without saying a word.
    Y41. I often need communication in order to speak out.
    M42. I very firmly and confidently defend my position in front of people of greater power and status.
    Y43. In most collective situations, I am quite satisfied with my status and relationships with other members of the group.
    Y44. In discussions, I win mainly due to the sharp ironic language.
    Y45. I like to tell everyone which way they should go and which of the opportunities they should use.
    Y46. I often change the situation in the house.
    ?47. I think that if a person moves across the direction of movement of his herd, it is not reasonable at all.
    N48. I don't care at all what people think about me.
    Y49. Easily and without hesitation, I share useful information and necessary contacts from my phone book with friends.
    Y50. When I begin to express my point of view, it can be difficult for me to stop.
    N51. While others notice their illness only when they get really sick, I am able to notice the very first symptoms of unpleasant sensations in the body.
    Y52. Quite often, out of the best intentions, I interfere with my help or my opinion not in my own affairs.
    N53. How many pieces of gum do you use on average per day? 1) None 2) One-two 3) Three-five 4) Six-nine 5) Ten and more
    N?54. I don't like any upward build-up of experiences - neither in life nor in books.
    M55. I often point out to people the inconsistency of their actions with public morality.
    M56. I can't stand disgusting smells. I can't really do anything while they're in effect.
    M57. It is true that I usually have a bad attitude if someone "sticks out" and generates disputes.
    N58. Neither pathos nor tragedies attract me at all in books.
    Y59. I have a well-developed capacity for self-irony.
    N60. I prefer literary works that do not raise pathos, but, on the contrary, ridicule pathos, playing "on the downside".
    M61. I can distinguish familiar people by the sound of their gait, with my eyes closed.
    Y62. I like to mentally identify the sources of mistakes and misconceptions of people I know.
    N63. I am indifferent to any luxury, it even annoys me - in general, I avoid surrounding myself with any things that I can do without.
    ?64. As far as I remember, adult teeth after milk teeth grew earlier in me than in my peers.
    M65. I often have nausea (and occasionally vomiting) for some reason - in the morning from excitement, or after eating, or even with a little motion sickness.
    Y66. I love authority, pressure and strength in people.

40Y

Y67. I love strong emotions.
    ?68. When thinking about the future, I usually see it in a "pink" light.
    N69. Society needs strict and even fierce leaders.
    Y70. I'm interested in high-excitement situations, whether it's skydiving, rock climbing, or exciting passionate relationships.
    Y71. When the animated series "Duck Stories" is shown on TV (about the adventures of Uncle Scrooge, the millionaire duck, and his ducklings-nephews), I sometimes linger at the screen and watch the episode to the end and with pleasure.
    Y72. I still have an unpleasant feeling if I have to break off a phrase in the middle of a word - I definitely need to finish it to the end.
    N73. It's stupid to admit my guilt - having been guilty, I almost always know how to turn the conversation on the guilt of others.
    M74. I find it difficult to control my desires.
    M75. Compared to others, I have a refined taste in clothes.
    N76. My character is characterized by nervousness, irritability.
    N77. It is true that I am stingy and do not like to part with money very much.
    M78. If at the exit from the door (front door, entrance) there are two equally possible ways to the goal - to the left and to the right - I usually prefer to turn right.
    N79. If you are going to make a report or write an article about your favorite musical ensembles, you will rather tell about them: 1) Grouping them according to the similarity of their style, regardless of the decades when these ensembles performed 5) According to the chronology of development and continuity of their styles consistently over time. 3) I don't know.
    N80. What helps you better to overcome laziness and apathy and get into active work? - 1) be filled with positive emotions; 5) at least a little offended and angry
    M81. I'm touchy.
    Y82. Sometimes it is nice to feel subordinated and humiliated.
    Y83. Almost every day I think about the impression I make on others.
    Y84. I have a good sense of time.
    N85. I am emotionally "uneven" and not stable enough.
    N86. Learning something new for yourself is usually more exciting than communicating something new to others.
    M87. Sometimes I catch myself that in relationships with strong and aggressive people, I subconsciously like to play a dependent role, while being a little capricious and provoking.
    N88. At the moment of making important decisions, I usually listen to what my heart says and do not pay attention to the external logic of things.
    N89. I have a habit of biting my nails or peeling off the hangnails on my fingers.
    N90. It is easy for me to cause irritation and a bad mood.
    N91. I tend to fall into resentments and experience them for a long time.
    Y92. I am often annoyed and distracted by extraneous noise.
    N93. I remember some of the insults inflicted a few years ago.
    N94. After watching an emotional and exciting movie, even after a few hours, I still feel its influence on me.
    N95. Often I am so internally overstressed, as if I am ready either for an immediate struggle or for an immediate escape.
    N96. It is true that if I am not asked, then I never have the desire to voluntarily climb with advice and comments.
    Y97. I like to follow the flowing water in the stream.
    N98. Most often I am dissatisfied or disappointed with the attitude of people around me.
    N99. There are situations that just on a physiological level and purely automatically cause me a strong fear that is impossible to resist.
    N100. I devote little time and effort to my work.
    N101. Sometimes the voices sounding in the head become uncontrollable and annoying.
    N102. I live emotions brighter and deeper than most people.
    N103. It is difficult for me to get rid of some obsessive memories of old grievances.
    N104. I have a very vulnerable ego - I was always very afraid of being rejected.
    N105. When communicating with people, I often begin to feel aggressive or, conversely, clamped down.
    N106. I prefer someone else to make decisions for me.
    N107. As a child, I had a dreamy and anxious-hypochondriac character.
    M108. I tend to focus too much on any ideas.
    N109. I am easily offended, I often feel hurt.
    Y110. I often plunge my thoughts into fantasies about the past.
    Y111. I get annoyed when I am distracted from something for a while, because it is difficult for me to quickly switch my attention.
    N112. I react painfully to any awkward situations in social contacts.
    N113. I am easily confused.
    N114. I often have acute reactions of frustration and discontent.
    Y115. There are such states when all the sounds that I hear are indistinct, poorly distinguishable, colorless and dim, as if they reach my ears through cotton wool.
    N116. In life, I clearly lack optimism.
    N117. It is difficult for me to work together, where it is necessary to switch frequently and quickly in the team communication mode.
    Y118. Periods of reverie are found on me.
    N119. Sometimes I get hung up on something, regardless of whether it's good or bad.
    N120. I am very vulnerable, I have a very tragic and overwrought reaction to the world.
    N121. I often have the same thoughts running around in circles many, many times.
    N122. When I talk for a long time, my muscles get tired, and by the end of the conversation it becomes difficult to pronounce the sounds "R", "Sh", "S".
    N123. I often can't make a choice or commit an act, because all the options do not suit me.
    Y124. I like to think about abstract ideas.
    M125. I often regret both the situation itself and my decisions in it.
    N126. Failures make a strong impression on me.
    N127. When communicating with friends, I listen more than I talk.
    N128. I often "get stuck" on some thoughts or fears that begin to haunt me for a long time.
    N129. Often mere trifles can lead me into an agitated or upset state.
    N130. Despondency, resentment, regret, "stubbornness out of spite" are frequent feelings for me.

14Y

NOTE 1:
    In questions with multivariate answers, the answer "YES" corresponds to the answer option No. 5

Throwing out all “maybe” answers, results favour IEE by 26

Obviously this is just how most representatives of those types tend to respond, and not a surefire way of diagnosing type, but I would clearly be a rare sort of IEI if that were my type
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the differential diagnosis results of IEE vs EIE:

M1. I am always direct in my behavior, it is difficult to offend or offend me.N2. I haven't planned anything for a long time - somehow there is no pleasure in it.
    N3. I live "here and now".
    N4. I live in the current immediate moment.
    Y5. Most of the time I feel calm and self-sufficient.
    N6. I prefer literary works that do not raise pathos, but, on the contrary, ridicule pathos, playing "on the downside".
    Y7. It's easy for me to relax and relieve tension.
    Y8. I leave many things unfinished, since I am not interested in finishing "up to standard".
    Y9. It is quite pleasant for me to live for today without thinking about the future.
    Y10. I easily forget and throw out of my head everything irrelevant, everything that has passed.
    Y11. I have a lot of patience.
    N12. I am indifferent to fame (in any case, I almost never dreamed of it, and it seems that I am interested in it and was less interested in other people)
    M13. I really don't like any obligations associated with time planning.
    Y14. The daily routine and I are incompatible things.
    Y15. I like to help others.
    Y16. I am very patient with the weaknesses and shortcomings of other people.
    Y17. Considers himself an ordinary person - with the same rights as others.
    Y18. It is true that I am never internally clamped and tense - my muscles are almost always calm, relaxed, but also ready to mobilize exactly at the moment when I want.
    N19. It's true that I don't think ahead - that's my lifestyle.
    Y20. I live by the principle of "come what may".
    M21. I am unassuming in everyday life, and even in conditions of deprivation I will always find something from which I can receive physical joy and feel happy.
    Y22. Any fright I have in five seconds passes without consequences if it turned out to be false (for example, if I mistook a branch for a snake and immediately became convinced of the error). Without consequences - this means that neither the breath has time to change, nor the heart does not speed up, nor the palms do not sweat.
    Y23. I calmly and humorously treat jokes about myself, and sometimes I make fun of others myself.
    Y24. It is true that I always calmly and without resentment treat both ridicule of my mind and accusations of the childishness of my views on life.
    Y25. I am perfectly able to work with a variety of people.
    Y26. I am a gentle person who knows how to forgive.
    Y27. I adhere to the rule that the future is what it will be, it will be, it does not occupy me much.
    Y28. More often I cheer up my family and friends than they do me.
    N29. I am indifferent to any luxury, it even annoys me - in general, I avoid surrounding myself with any things that I can do without.
    Y30. It is true that in my attitude to the views and beliefs of other people, I am not squeamish at all.
    Y31. I am outgoing and easily displace all the past and irrelevant.
    Y32. I am almost always cheerful, my bad mood is expressed only by one-time bright flashes of irritated and loud emotions (rapidly passing flashes).
    M33. In my speech, the strict word order is often violated.
    ?34. I like to reconcile other people (about my age).
    Y35. The feeling of physical disgust is practically unknown to me.
    M36. I am indifferent to other people's successes and the secrets of these successes, I am usually not interested in checking with them and finding them out - I live my life.
    Y37. I rejoice in someone else's deserved success, even if it is achieved by my worst enemy.
    Y38. I easily give in to conflicts, showing great patience even to completely unjustified insults and reproaches.
    Y39. It is true that I never hold a grudge against people for a long time - sooner or later I forgive everything.
    Y40. I don't understand people who see and find any "problems" in everything.
    Y41. I don't see anything shameful in admitting my mistakes.
    N42. I am not attracted at all to pathos or tragedies in books.
    M43. Considerations of convenience are much more important to me than considerations of external beauty.
    Y44. I have a well-developed capacity for self-irony.
    N45. I sometimes had herpes "colds" ulcers on my lips (5 - they almost certainly pop up once or even several times a year, holding on for a week or longer, 4 - they happen about once every two or three years, 3 - there was such a thing in my life only once or twice, but quickly, days for five, it has passed, and in general it has not been for many years, 1 - it has never happened in my life at all)
    Y46. I am stress-resistant, strong nervous loads can easily endure for a long time without much fatigue and without any ailments.
    Y47. I have had the opportunity to effectively calm anger and extinguish aggression from strangers - I think I do it easily and well.
    Y48. Even in nervous situations, I keep my cool.
    Y49. I always treat others, on average, with the same respect and goodwill that I would like to see for myself.
    M50. My aura is mildly soothing(YES), responding to joy(YES), but devoid of bright emotions(NO).
    Y51. I am usually disorganized and impractical.
    Y52. I perceive any new information with joy and enthusiasm, including new ideas that are born in my own head - therefore, in the course of a conversation, I often jump from thought to thought, irreversibly moving away from the original line of narration.
    Y53. According to my psychology, I would be more suited to the role of a peacemaker than an attacker.
    Y54. I like to "read" people more than I like to read books.
    Y55. I easily get distracted from the work I've started if I'm called somewhere.
    N56. I don't care at all what people think about me.
    Y57. In most collective situations, I am quite satisfied with my status and relationships with other members of the group.
    ?58. It is more pleasant to me when others highly appreciate: 1) The perspective of my affairs 5) The current result of my affairs
    Y59. I like to find out what my friends feel and what they really need.
    Y60. Sometimes I miss my own needs, trying to educate others with dignity.
    ?61. I would not take so much care of old buildings, and because of this prevent cities from being built and developed.
    M62. The interests, problems and desires of other people are the law for me.
    Y63. I would like to be an educator of "difficult" street children offended by the fate, to teach them to enjoy life.
    Y64. I am indifferent to fashion and often wear anything.
    Y65. I easily get distracted from work for a while to answer someone's question.
    Y66. For people around me, I am almost always a source that lifts their mood and their self-confidence.
    Y67. I am very tolerant of other people's negative emotions.

46Y

N68. I often have acute reactions of frustration and discontent.
    N69. Always strongly and without holding back, I get angry either in response to any provocation, or when someone thwarted my plans.
    N70. It is difficult for me to deviate from the planned path or change my expectations - that is, my thinking in this sense is not flexible enough.
    N71. I'm touchy.
    N72. I can hate fiercely.
    N73. Stressful states happen to me regularly, at least once a week.
    N74. My emotions from resentment are unwound very quickly and irreversibly.
    N75. I tend to fall into resentments and experience them for a long time.
    M76. I tend to focus too much on any ideas.
    M77. Failures make a strong impression on me.
    N78. If you are going to make a report or compose an article about your favorite musical ensembles, you will rather tell about them: 1) Grouping them according to the similarity of their style, regardless of the decades when these ensembles performed 5) According to the chronology of development and continuity of their styles consistently over time. 3) I don't know.
    N79. I like to feel others below me.
    N80. I remember some of the insults inflicted a few years ago.
    N81. I easily lose my temper.
    Y82. Almost every day I think about the impression I make on others.
    Y83. I am often annoyed and distracted by extraneous noise.
    N84. I am undiplomatic and easily get into a state of indignation.
    N85. Despondency, resentment, regret, "stubbornness out of spite" are frequent feelings for me.
    N86. In comparison with others, I have a refined taste in clothes.
    N87. I react aggressively to criticism.
    N88. There are people who excite in me a strong, thick hatred.
    N89. I often feel anxiety, and against its background - hopelessness and loss.
    N90. I am very afraid of various diseases, I have a suspicion in this regard.
    N91. Someone else's luck annoys me.
    N92. I'm afraid of a lot.
    N93. My attitude towards people is more often evil than kind.
    N94. It is peculiar to me to "wind up" diseases, having fallen ill, to assume the worst - right up to some deadly disease.
    N95. In comparison with the average level, I am a person more angry than kinder and friendlier.
    N96. As a rule, I react to many things too excitedly.
    N97. Quite often I feel anger or rage.
    Y98. I plan and "paint" my life for years ahead (or did it in my youth).
    N99. Easily offended by comments.
    N100. I react very painfully to extraneous touches and unpleasant odors.
    N101. Someone else's luck in the game against the background of my temporary losses often brought me to angry envy and almost to tears.
    N102. I am very vulnerable, I have a very tragic and overwrought reaction to the world.
    N103. Acute reactions of instant irritation are characteristic of me.
    N104. There are not infrequent moments when anger engulfs my whole being.
    N105. I even have chills outside of illnesses, when my body begins to shake, as if from the cold (at least once a month this happens).
    N106. In society, I must definitely stand out among others, otherwise I will be uncomfortable.
    N107. I do not miss the opportunity to cruelly ridicule the weak side of an unsympathetic person.
    N108. If a person present is unpleasant to me, I can't ignore him, he constantly annoys me and pisses me off.
    N109. I tend to react disproportionately in response to even weak and inconspicuous provocations.
    N110. There are situations that just on a physiological level and purely automatically cause me a strong fear that is impossible to resist.
    N111. I have a slightly arrogant manner of bearing, from the outside it may even sometimes seem that I am portraying something, showing off or "putting on airs".
    N112. Many smells often irritate me.
    N113. When unpleasant people are around, I can't get away from them in any way, I can't get away from their appearance and presence.
    M114. My stronger sides include my will, inclination and talent for leadership.
    N115. I am painfully sensitive to criticism.
    N116. As a child I had a dreamy and anxious-suspicious character.
    N117. If I started some movement or sequential action, I definitely need to finish it, otherwise later there remains a long-lasting feeling of some kind of incompleteness and inconvenience.
    N118. I am often in a sad mood.
    N119. I often behave aggressively and intemperately.
    N120. I'm pretty squeamish and shy away from sick people.
    N121. Often mere trifles can lead me into an agitated or upset state.
    ?122. I am a caring person, I don't care.
    N123. The same thoughts often run around in circles many, many times.
    N124. I have a very vulnerable ego - I was always very afraid of being rejected.
    N125. In communicating with other people, I often lack endurance, patience and the desire to compromise and forgive.
    N126. In the morning, I can always list exactly what I have planned for today.
    N127. It is true that I do not like moderate, compromise solutions.
    N128. I feel pleasure seeing how the enemy is suffering.
    N129. Every day I immerse myself in thoughts about my plans for tomorrow.
    N130. I am often overcome with envy of someone.
    N131. Most often I am dissatisfied or disappointed with the attitude of people around me.
    N132. I am easily offended by banter and criticism in my address.
    N133. In conflicts, negative emotions gradually "unwind" in me (the further, the more I get angry, the more I "go to the principle").
    N134. I am an evil person.

3Y

In questions with multivariate answers, the answer "YES" corresponds to the answer option No. 5

Results incline towards IEE by 43 points

As an aside, are EIEs really this negative? The entire questionnaire could be effectively summed up by asking, "Are you a vindictive, intolerant person governed by unbridled resentment whose only joy in life is crushing the weak underfoot?" Seems like a questionable test to me. I doubt any type is so thoroughly nasty barring particular mental afflictions and/or harsh upbringing
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 07-26-2022 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐