Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What gods do you pray to?

I pray to the Four Winds.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Christian and I pray to God and Jesus.

I have prayed for my enemies to die a few times and two guys who used to piss me off dieded, so...

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Various kami and bodhisattva as well as the old Germanic gods on occasion. Most recently I prayed to Kannon at Kiyomizudera
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whichever one is going to help me get out of whatever fucked up situation I'm in. I pray to the collective unconscious

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a kinda-sorta Taoist, and in some versions of its faith, it has gods.
    I guess if you could say I worshipped anything, it would be just to love harmoniously, and to ‘do good’.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

l

Just kidding I respect all religious views !
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daddy G
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's bad, but I don't pray, even though I don't have a necessarily negative opinion toward religions in general, I can't bring myself to pray to a god. It makes me a heathen. Regardless, I feel I still have a connection to something nameless yet divine.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In reality, I was being theatrical with my first post, and @godslave got my Conan reference, but I actually find it very interesting reading everyone's answers.

I don't pray either. I don't really see a point in doing so, though I feel a connection with something beyond myself which you could call some form/forms of the divine.

I'm reading about Tengrism these days, and it speaks to my soul. I have Turkish ancestry, and while I haven't explored this side of my family in terms of its roots, it's something I want to do to see what the connection is with Tengrist beliefs (if any).

I also really like the ancient Germanic pantheon. It would be interesting to study my roots on the European side of my family as well, and Odin, the major god of the Germanic pantheon, has always spoken to my soul ever since I read Flowers's essay The Secret of the Gothick God of Darkness.

In any case, I don't pray to any of these deities, but they do inspire me on a personal level.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanye

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary Rodham Clinton

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To God the Father, through Jesus Christ as the one and ultimate mediator between God and human beings (1 Timothy 2:5), with the help of the Blessed Virgin Mary the dispenser of all graces, my guardian Angel, and many saints.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Various kami and bodhisattva as well as the old Germanic gods on occasion. Most recently I prayed to Kannon at Kiyomizudera
    Get thee to a baptistery, you unwashed heathen. The Japanese can plead ignorance as an excuse, but you?

TIM
    INTJ + ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
    I have prayed for my enemies to die a few times and two guys who used to piss me off dieded, so...
    "Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." - Albert Einstein

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maromi View Post
    Get thee to a baptistery, you unwashed heathen. The Japanese can plead ignorance as an excuse, but you?
    I was raised in a non-denominational protestant Christian setting, but I never felt whatever it was everyone else seemed to be feeling. Mountains, waterfalls, storms, and the changing of the seasons bring me to tears and an overwhelming sense of awe and majesty. The inside of a church never did. I already feel disconnected enough from the earth as it is, and Christianity seems to encourage a severing of ties with the world and a sort of separateness which I could never really appreciate. I'd rather dive into the world and experience it more deeply. Incidentally Jordan Peterson and Jonathan Pageau were the only ones who ever made Christianity look at all interesting to me, but I haven't really been listening to them much lately as I feel they got way too caught up in right-wing weirdness
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't believe in any and wouldn't see the point in prayer in any case.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The uncaused cause.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Kanye

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I’m a kinda-sorta Taoist, and in some versions of its faith, it has gods.
    I guess if you could say I worshipped anything, it would be just to love harmoniously, and to ‘do good’.
    I’m also a seeker of the Tao, looking for harmony and lucidity in an evolving petal of whirlpool focus and channeling universal processes to balance time and myths of the legendary trance of willful untying of tension to flow and embrace the rhythms and paradigms of the changeless and eternal.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    The time is alway right to do what is right.
    Become who you are.
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArceusPrime View Post
    I’m also a seeker of the Tao, looking for harmony and lucidity in an evolving petal of whirlpool focus and channeling universal processes to balance time and myths of the legendary trance of willful untying of tension to flow and embrace the rhythms and paradigms of the changeless and eternal.
    You should study the works of Raymond Smullyan. They're hard, could take many years, and you'll probably need a tutor, but you'll see a lot of your worldview confirmed.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post reminded me that i haven't prayed in a very long time, but the last time I did it I think it was either to god or the universe...
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I pray to God, who I view is a gay male. Wow that sounds narcissistic. But for eons people picture God as a straight old man- to me, God is gay.

I have encountered religious abuse, so for a long time I didn't want anything to do with religion. I am a thing worthy of eternal torture just for who I am. Yeah, I am 'playing victim' a little bit with that- but I really did grow up with people who genuinely believed that way. I can't ask forgiveness like str8 people can- because God has already given me up.

I'm just so bad - there isn't even a good word for how awful homos are. They tried to trap me in Hell, but I laughed and escaped. I'm too powerful to be put in Hell- and Heaven doesn't want me, because I'm too provocative. So I'm here on Earth as the Drag Queen house mother, inspiring others to be themselves and also trying to love and accept my weirdo found family.

You know it's funny, gays are horrible sinners- yet so many gay men have since the dawn of time played the role of spiritual functionaries in our societies. Priests, Shaman. I'm a natural leader. I shine. I can moderate you, but I'd rather just accept and love you.

A lot of people do have the Bible backwards. When God said 'be fruitful and multiply' he didn't mean be a careless "breeder" all willy-nilly. It was meant more that the holiest of gay sex makes the crops crow and taste the best. Gay males also inherently have strong druidic powers. When God said don't have sex with men like you do women- he meant for people not to overly compare gay sex with straight sex so much- that is the true sin that causes mental delusions. People need to learn how to properly read- but heterosexuals - bless their souls- have never been known for their reading comprehension skills.

In Romans, God punished wicked straight men by turning them gay - because he knew that being a fag is the worst fear a cruel bully has. So he made them burn in lust for one another and hate themselves- in no way was God saying homosexuality itself was Evil.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, because somebody tried to say consensual gay sex was worse than heterosexual pedophilia. It's true. Just read the damn thing in its entirety. In it's whole-ness- without the bigotry lens.

It's about the hetero-dysoptia. Adolescents and cool kids don't call it 'moral ******ry' for nothing- Gay men are called to look higher and have a deeper purpose. Gay sex can still be sinful and wrong and wicked of course duhhh Dahmer and Gacy, but I believe the best gay sex is actually very positive and affirming. Many gay people have internalized the beliefs and prejudices society has inflicted upon us. "You won't be anything more than a useless whore- now go on PreP and shut up." Well-behaved gays rarely make history, and I am historic bitches!!!
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 05-23-2022 at 05:11 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I pray to God, who I view is a gay male. Wow that sounds narcissistic. But for eons people picture God has a straight old man- to me, God is gay.

I have encountered religious abuse, so for a long time I didn't want anything to do with religion. I am a thing worthy of eternal torture just for who I am. Yeah, I am 'playing victim' a little bit with that- but I really did grow up with people who genuinely believed that way. I can't ask forgiveness like str8 people can- because God has already given me up.

I'm just so bad - there isn't even a good word for how awful homos are. They tried to trap me in Hell, but I laughed and escaped. I'm too powerful to be put in Hell- and Heaven doesn't want me, because I'm too provocative. So I'm here on Earth as the Drag Queen house mother, inspiring others to be themselves and also trying to love and accept my weirdo found family.

You know it's funny, gays are horrible sinners- yet so many gay men have since the dawn of time played the role of spiritual functionaries in our societies. Priests, Shaman. I'm a natural leader. I shine. I can moderate you, but I'd rather just accept and love you.

A lot of people do have the Bible backwards. When God said 'be fruitful and multiply' he didn't mean be a careless "breeder" all willy-nilly. It was meant more that the holiest of gay sex makes the crops crow and taste the best. Gay males also inherently have strong druidic powers. When God said don't have sex with men like you do women- he meant for people not to overly compare gay sex with straight sex so much- that is the true sin that causes mental delusions. People need to learn how to properly read- but heterosexuals - bless their souls- have never been known for their reading comprehension skills.

In Romans, God punished wicked straight men by turning them gay - because he knew that being a fag is the worst fear a cruel bully has. So he made them burn in lust for one another and hate themselves- in no way was God saying homosexuality itself was Evil.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, because somebody tried to say consensual gay sex was worse than heterosexual pedophilia. It's true. Just read the damn thing in its entirety. In it's whole-ness- without the bigotry lens.

It's about the hetero-dysoptia. Adolescents and cool kids don't call it 'moral ******ry' for nothing- Gay men are called to look higher and have a deeper purpose. Gay sex can still be sinful and wrong and wicked of course duhhh Dahmer and Gacy, but I believe the best gay sex is actually very positive and affirming. Many gay people have internalized the beliefs and prejudices society has inflicted upon us. "You won't be anything more than a useless whore- now go on PreP and shut up." Well-behaved gays rarely make history, and I am historic bitches!!!
    I know this won't mean much because I have schizophrenia but my voices claim to be angels and from what I gather they're pan-sexual. The cruel mean voices I'd hear were homophobic and would call me Satan regardless of the fact that I'd done nothing wrong. They just wanted a reason to damn me to hell.

The angels described to me that they're reincarnated over and over as men and women...so they're pan-sexual.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to write prayers in ancient Greek to Hermes to practice my Greek. I also wrote out the Orphic hymn to Hermes and stuck it above my dresser for inspiration, less because I actually believe in a god but because the sentiments expressed in the prayer resonate with me, and thinking about them helps me focus the face I present to the outside world.

https://youtu.be/9cbDKbmZppU

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I know this won't mean much because I have schizophrenia but my voices claim to be angels and from what I gather they're pan-sexual. The cruel mean voices I'd hear were homophobic and would call me Satan regardless of the fact that I'd done nothing wrong. They just wanted a reason to damn me to hell.

The angels described to me that they're reincarnated over and over as men and women...so they're pan-sexual.
    Yes that's exactly what Satan does- abuses the innocent. Not unlike telling a rape or abuse victim that they deserved it. You must be bad, so that bad thing happened to you. etc. Satan doesn't want to just devour the innocent for gratification - but twist justice and reality so. The pride is the trap- it's a certain sense of sick sadism for cruel homophobes to make themselves right and you "wrong" - and hubris is the sin that God hates the most.

My mom said I should be a priest. And what you said meant quite a bit I think. <3

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covering all your bases? ツ

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Covering all your bases? ツ
    At each new place of worship I pray for protection against the last god I prayed to. Hopefully they're not the jealous types, but I guess I'll find out
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was raised in a non-denominational protestant Christian setting, but I never felt whatever it was everyone else seemed to be feeling. Mountains, waterfalls, storms, and the changing of the seasons bring me to tears and an overwhelming sense of awe and majesty. The inside of a church never did. I already feel disconnected enough from the earth as it is, and Christianity seems to encourage a severing of ties with the world and a sort of separateness which I could never really appreciate. I'd rather dive into the world and experience it more deeply. Incidentally Jordan Peterson and Jonathan Pageau were the only ones who ever made Christianity look at all interesting to me, but I haven't really been listening to them much lately as I feel they got way too caught up in right-wing weirdness
    I think I understand what you mean. I grew up evangelical and a part of me was always very uncomfortable with the "stiffness" of the services. I felt no one could actually rationally believe this: the god who'd created the world in all its variation wanted nothing more than to be ostensibly honored by people in dark suits reciting prepared words over and over again in a decorated building for two hours a week -- that just didn't make sense to me. If you wanted to "honor" God, you wouldn't disrespect what he'd made -- you'd meet naked, and outside in tolerable weather, and you'd speak from the heart. Though I wouldn't have believed God was so preoccupied with being "honored." I think that people generally make their gods in their own psychic image, and there were many aspects of Christianity that, because they didn't sit right with some part of my personality, I couldn't attribute to divinity, even though I wasn't capable of making a rational argument against them.

I like to hike, and strongly appreciate beauty, but I wouldn't say I get a sense of the divine from nature. I guess it's more a sense I have I rely on in a way -- a link to God, the unconscious, whatever. It seems related to Ne for me. Like a sympathetic spirit, or the best version of myself, gives me nudges or a sense of inspiration to move in a certain direction. When I have these flashes of understanding or begin to move in these directions everything feels "right." More vivid and more dreamlike at the same time, and I get a brief sense of connection to a greater pattern. From that pattern I see a glimpse of the character of "God" or whatever you'd like to call it that appears to me. It may be only a glimpse, but it's enough that I can't reconcile the Abrahamic god to it, personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a faithless heathen.

Jk but not really.

I was raised Catholic, but as I grew up, I became more and more agnostic. My thoughts toward God and religion are just: ???
    Am I a lost sheep? Am I destined for hell? Probably. Am I also being facetious?
    I almost wish I could believe in god, or at least some sort of higher power. I think religion can serve as a profound source of comfort when faced with inevitable suffering. And I respect worship and the way that people can believe wholeheartedly in religion. I just can't relate to it, or to the concept of faith. So there are no gods that I pray to. But I remember praying as a child, and I found a sense of calm in it -- like meditation, in a way.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may believe god/gods exist or not, it's not important, but how about giving it/him/her/them a middle finger instead. Like... fuck you guys, how could you guys do magics and I couldn't...

I like meditation more, praying and trying to connect with some outer gods is dangerous.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 05-24-2022 at 05:23 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pray to my authoritarian super-ego

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm agnostic so the last time I prayed was with my sister like a year or two ago. I personally prayed to the universe.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know.

I kinda pray I guess but it's not aimed at any god or thing.
    I didn't have a religious upbringing so it's all kind of hazy for me, idek why I "pray" if that really is what I do.
    I mostly ask for answer and guidance.
    It's just spontaneous a desire to understand and move forward, works often.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prey on God.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My strategy is not to say prayers, but to be a creator.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    The time is alway right to do what is right.
    Become who you are.
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus and the Creator.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t. I thought God might be real..that’s when I was pretty much mentally ill (not in a super obvious way). As soon as I discovered socionics I became atheist again. I pray to my inner child..or I pray to an idea of God- all the good people I’ve known or people who inspire me. I find people’s faith on this site fascinating..in a good way. I’ve never known anything like it- I live in a metropolitan city, religion isn’t really a thing. I kinda wish there were a few more atheist scientists on the site (as I think there would be more science based discussion)..but people’s religious fervour is infectious and uplifting. I think in the UK we’re more obsessed with culture..and I did go to Catholic school. It was ok, but a bit stuffy..
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-06-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once read about a scientific study in which participants were asked to pray for certain hospital patients and not others. The study found no benefit to the people who had been prayed for. So, while I believe there is a Supreme Being, I don't bother asking Him for assistance. If I pray to Him at all, it is only to thank Him for the good things in my life.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that there is a deity, so I don't pray.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast