Thread: "The right way"

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "The right way"

What's your perspective on the idea of having to do things in a specific way aka the "correct method".

is this related to Te? do you rely on "figuring things somehow" when you have less enough information on a subject?

I'm, 65% sure I'm ILI, I know for certain that something intrigues me about Fi, ever since I was a little kid, but I'm not a lover for book learning, and I tend to use my own reasoning WAY more often than others.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te isn't right or correct, but it is "efficient" Productive with the least amount of resources wasted... but productive (and profitable) for whom? The Fi vision of the company, whatever the creator of the system wants it to be essentially - it's not right, it's narcissism. People will still be drawn into it though- especially if it's four dimensional.

Te often prides itself and how right it isn't and how it doesn't care about that in fact. Te is like the function that will get arrogant and condescending because even a broken clock is right two times a day. Te doesn't want to be right, but it does want to collect objective data for some Fi agenda. Te is also dynamic, so very dynamic that it can't really 'care' about being right or correct. This is why it dualizes with Fi attraction/repulsion and preferences because it's so fast-paced.

so in Te's eyes- I have no nuance. I'm just some homo that needs to go on PreP and have a drag queen tell me to love myself because that's what the IEE bulletin board says. It's already moved on to the next inaccurate and stupid bullshit thing that's not right- but it will end up being right, eventually- cuz even a broken clock is right twice a day.

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll have to correct me on this, are you saying Te/Fi people will want to believe anything as long as it supports Fi?

again I could be misinterpreting what you said

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LadAhmed View Post
    you'll have to correct me on this, are you saying Te/Fi people will want to believe anything as long as it supports Fi?

again I could be misinterpreting what you said
    Yeah often, although 'believe anything' has Ne mixed in too mayhaps. The Fi bias can be so strong they need to twist the facts to suit that. Efficiency and proper production means a lot of facts and knowledge and 'things' need to be streamlined into the system. What doesn't work (for the system and owner of system) will be discarded, data and information that doesn't suit its main agenda - I don't see them listening or handling info that doesn't align with its goals much at all - even if it's 100% right.

Yeah 'they just want your money' is true of course but naive. It's often not the be-end-all even if it appears that way. At first maybe that's what Te wanted of course, but remember Te is dynamic. So maybe it wanted that in the beginning, but it also wanted to see you suffer because it doesn't like you and is repulsed by you (Te and Fi mixed) It already is profitable enough in a way that satisfies the Fi dualistic side, so it's different now. Then it wants your money again so it needs to put on some 2D Fe role to try and dupe you again. Once the owner and creator of the system... I mean the goals can change so often, that is all part of the dynamicism. Perhaps weirdly down the road it even wants to genuinely connect with you and earn your redemption, as surprising as that can be at times.

If I'm making Te-in-a-vacuum sound like a heartless narcissist- that's because it obviously is. It's a cold and cruel Nurse Ratched system, of course. But Te is also intrinsically tied with Fi the way Se and Ni are linked up... so I mean, it will also use the system to protect you if it personally likes you. You see this all this time in the Te work force, where a person gets ahead just because the boss and "higher ups" like her. No other reason. She's not that skillful or effiicient herself, maybe not even particularly nice or compassionate- that doesn't matter. It's Fe irrelevance to Fi in a sense. They just are attracted to her and like her and are devoted to her, so she's gonna get the job.

Okay I realize this is heavily critical but I still think I'm accurate and I am Fe/Ti valuer after all lolol.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres factors interrelated to what happens
    if u do things a certain way certain things happen depending on the factors
    u dont always know all the factors so u dont always know what happens
    there may be a way that leads to bad things u dont want and there may be a better way
    whatever things they lead to some ppl may be concerned about and others not
    there may be a more efficient way for u to do something whose consequences harm others
    there may be a more efficient way to do something like faster but it will hurt ur health and ur whole plan overall more due to the consequences
    since there are many factors there can be many ways, the context limits gives whether its right or wrong but this can mean ur not thinking outside the box so not coming up with a better way
    i see it as that kind of relative nuance. "right" can just mean "better", and this also means there may be many right ways
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recently spoke to an LSI about her thinking some form of control is good and how when going to an opera performance u should dress respectfully which irritated mem, she said its a culture capital so if u dont want to dress that way go live in a village. allegedly villages there arent much short of cities (tho ofc shed claim that)
    i dont nderstand how anyone can justify to themselves that there must be a specific way things are done and force it on other ppl or move away.
    i also dont like when psychos use my logic here to argue that morality/ethics is a form of control. its true that a lot of unethical ppl claim their opressive rules are morals and in that sense morals are nonsense. but u can keep defining words as u want while dodging what the other person means forever
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i recently spoke to an LSI about her thinking some form of control is good and how when going to an opera performance u should dress respectfully which irritated mem, she said its a culture capital so if u dont want to dress that way go live in a village. allegedly villages there arent much short of cities (tho ofc shed claim that)
    i dont nderstand how anyone can justify to themselves that there must be a specific way things are done and force it on other ppl or move away.
    i also dont like when psychos use my logic here to argue that morality/ethics is a form of control. its true that a lot of unethical ppl claim their opressive rules are morals and in that sense morals are nonsense. but u can keep defining words as u want while dodging what the other person means forever
    My dad is "probably" an LSI and this idea reminds me of him a bit, he's the God of do-it-this-way! and way too academic in his approach to learning things (he claims to be good at math which he is but in a book way)
    I ended up picking a similar major to the one he took (he took computer engineering and I took computer science) and he admitted to me that he sucked at programming (he did not pick his major based on interest but needed the degree to increase his wages), I myself am really good at coding, in fact I'm considered the smartest coder in my class.

so yeah, I just wanted to rant about how much of a smartass I am

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Yeah often, although 'believe anything' has Ne mixed in too mayhaps. The Fi bias can be so strong they need to twist the facts to suit that. Efficiency and proper production means a lot of facts and knowledge and 'things' need to be streamlined into the system. What doesn't work (for the system and owner of system) will be discarded, data and information that doesn't suit its main agenda - I don't see them listening or handling info that doesn't align with its goals much at all - even if it's 100% right.

Yeah 'they just want your money' is true of course but naive. It's often not the be-end-all even if it appears that way. At first maybe that's what Te wanted of course, but remember Te is dynamic. So maybe it wanted that in the beginning, but it also wanted to see you suffer because it doesn't like you and is repulsed by you (Te and Fi mixed) It already is profitable enough in a way that satisfies the Fi dualistic side, so it's different now. Then it wants your money again so it needs to put on some 2D Fe role to try and dupe you again. Once the owner and creator of the system... I mean the goals can change so often, that is all part of the dynamicism. Perhaps weirdly down the road it even wants to genuinely connect with you and earn your redemption, as surprising as that can be at times.

If I'm making Te-in-a-vacuum sound like a heartless narcissist- that's because it obviously is. It's a cold and cruel Nurse Ratched system, of course. But Te is also intrinsically tied with Fi the way Se and Ni are linked up... so I mean, it will also use the system to protect you if it personally likes you. You see this all this time in the Te work force, where a person gets ahead just because the boss and "higher ups" like her. No other reason. She's not that skillful or effiicient herself, maybe not even particularly nice or compassionate- that doesn't matter. It's Fe irrelevance to Fi in a sense. They just are attracted to her and like her and are devoted to her, so she's gonna get the job.

Okay I realize this is heavily critical but I still think I'm accurate and I am Fe/Ti valuer after all lolol.
    They irony is how you're being judgmental towards Te/Fi for "basing their decisions on who and what they like and what they don't"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They irony is how you're being judgmental towards Te/Fi for "basing their decisions on who and what they like and what they don't"
    I don't care about being judgemental - and I don't even really care that they are that way to me, that's a non-issue to me. Ppl are going to be judgemental by default, sometimes gammas are a bit too naive with the democracy thing. I already am well aware of how harsh I sound to Te but like I said it is my polr and I don't value it.

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about being judgemental - and I don't even really care that they are that way to me, that's a non-issue to me. Ppl are going to be judgemental by default, sometimes gammas are a bit too naive with the democracy thing. I already am well aware of how harsh I sound to Te but like I said it is my polr and I don't value it.
    Didn't ask you to care, I simply just made a point which you can take it or leave it

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it annoys the crap out of me when someone tells me I’m doing something, “the wrong way”. I actually don’t know if there is a right or wrong, philosophically speaking, for one, and for another, different ways can be better under different circumstances. Now, if someone said, “this is easier”, I would be ok with that. “More efficient”, I might or might not do, depending if I think it’s easier lol. If someone said, “that’s not the right way.” I’d think, “kiss my ass ”.

Last edited by Aster; 05-10-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    it annoys the crap out of me when someone tells me I’m doing something, “the wrong way”. I actually don’t know if there is a right or wrong, philosophically speaking, for one, and for another, different ways can be better under different circumstances. Now, if someone said, “this is easier”, I would be ok with that. “More efficient”, I might or might not do, depending if I think it’s easier lol. If someone said, “that’s not the right way.” I’d think, “kiss my ass ”.

Exactly my thoughts!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the correct way entirely depends on what the person is trying to do and what they want out of the action. I have read that Te-Fi types are "objectivist" and Fe-Ti are "subjectivist".

They are inclined to offer (or impose) what they see as the 'best' or 'correct' way of doing something ('it should be done like this'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they ask WHO did it that way. When speaking of optimums, they are inclined to do so objectively (the 'absolute' optimum)
    https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r3t1

I partly agree with the above statement. I have a good idea about how something should be done. If something is done incorrectly, I don't really care who did it necessarily, just that it is corrected.

Inclined to believe there are 'objective truths' the truth is not always relative. Therefore, they believe that there are two types of actions/perspectives: those which are subjective (connected with personal preferences and motivations) and those which are objective (only one 'correct' or 'best' way of doing something). Whether something is correct or not is judged by comparing it with what they see as 'objectively correct'. In disagreement, they first attempt to make sure that the other person understands the concepts and terms 'correctly'.
    This is just strange, even Ti egos will have a good grasp of Te. Its a fact that there are certain truths about the mechanisms of the world that can't be changed simply by one person's opinion (ex. the 2nd law of thermodynamics). The worst perpetrators of solipsism is LII and IEI. But that's not really what they are talking about.

Something as objectively correct means what exactly? It's a vague and ambiguous statement. A decision, perhaps? Te is an extroverted judging function, decisions based on action in the outside world. Well, time and resources are finite, so there are decisions that optimize the finite resources you have. This would be efficient. Could you cross the Atlantic ocean in a canoe? Possibly, but there are objectively better decisions to make.

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilthoth View Post
    I think the correct way entirely depends on what the person is trying to do and what they want out of the action. I have read that Te-Fi types are "objectivist" and Fe-Ti are "subjectivist".

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r3t1

I partly agree with the above statement. I have a good idea about how something should be done. If something is done incorrectly, I don't really care who did it necessarily, just that it is corrected.

This is just strange, even Ti egos will have a good grasp of Te. Its a fact that there are certain truths about the mechanisms of the world that can't be changed simply by one person's opinion (ex. the 2nd law of thermodynamics). The worst perpetrators of solipsism is LII and IEI. But that's not really what they are talking about.

Something as objectively correct means what exactly? It's a vague and ambiguous statement. A decision, perhaps? Te is an extroverted judging function, decisions based on action in the outside world. Well, time and resources are finite, so there are decisions that optimize the finite resources you have. This would be efficient. Could you cross the Atlantic ocean in a canoe? Possibly, but there are objectively better decisions to make.
    Just saying that hypothetically, if I wanted to cross the Atlantic ocean in a canoe, who would stop me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saying that hypothetically, if I wanted to cross the Atlantic ocean in a canoe, who would stop me?

I certainly won't try, good luck.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Didn't ask you to care, I simply just made a point which you can take it or leave it
    I get that but it's like you wanted me to say Te was about being correct or right- and then you got upset that I wasn't all 'Yeah Te is about being correct, good job Te you're RIGHT good for you!' I think that thing is really more about Ti. Te is too dynamic and fast to care about that. There are so many factors you gotta say 'fuck it' and make an executive decision when using Te.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm correct, therefore, I am.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You should try it

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your perspective on the idea of having to do things in a specific way aka the "correct method".

is this related to Te? do you rely on "figuring things somehow" when you have less enough information on a subject?

I'm, 65% sure I'm ILI, I know for certain that something intrigues me about Fi, ever since I was a little kid, but I'm not a lover for book learning, and I tend to use my own reasoning WAY more often than others.
    You're basically describing Ti Accentuation and Normalization, laws etc.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, so your dad is an LSI, great. God-like behavior certainly is common in them.
    Tell me, how many times you got scolded for not following his rules and being against those as you made your own?
    Aside from that question:

Is this related to Te? do you rely on "figuring things somehow" when you have less enough information on a subject?
    Maybe not exactly the correct method.
    Te strives for the efficiency and as for 3D, it'll be likely for them to think of the best method instead of just being correct.
    For example, to be efficient, you have to sacrifice energy and resources, but they are limited in a sense as a thumb rule of "spending it".
    Ergo, there should be a way, or even, the best method to save those by limiting yourself as one of options to do.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, he could not be an LSI. he sometimes protrays Te kind of thinking, and on the top of that are his attempts to make me "contribute to the emotional atmosphere" even when I tell him that I don't give a shit "ofc in a nice way" he thinks that I'm just "acting" sad as if it's my will to be sad?. could be an EIE or even an LSE who think Fe is a Te way to go about your life (I know this last line needs more explaining) but anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Deductive View Post
    Maybe not exactly the correct method.
    Te strives for the efficiency and as for 3D, it'll be likely for them to think of the best method instead of just being correct.
    For example, to be efficient, you have to sacrifice energy and resources, but they are limited in a sense as a thumb rule of "spending it".
    Ergo, there should be a way, or even, the best method to save those by limiting yourself as one of options to do.
    I see your point, but it really depends on what is the situation that we're trying to resolve using Te or Ti or whatever,
    personally I hate it when someone tell me something like "nOo YoU'Re DoInG iT wRonG" (mostly my dad that's why I'm leaning more towards LSE for him)

I mean who decides that an action is wrong anyway? shouldn't we focus in the results and how to get from A to B using the very basic forms of critical thinking? it's like that story about the mountain that had two roads that could lead to it's top and the two brothers who split for a disagreement on how to get to the top, but eventually they both arrived to the same point.

my point is if you treat life like a book of methods or stay close minded about other possibilities being "correct" too, not only you'll have a boring life but a boring mind as well.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I've had that kind of problem previously, also with my father. Typically, it's mostly stemmed from the different perspective that is needed to reach the conclusion, but otherwise, he said that my "method" was wrong, so I should've done it once more, and of course, by following the proper instruction that he has been told. Long story short, I did follow his instructions but then, "No, something wasn't right." or "I should've done a better way to do X than him." often came to my mind so often. And well, to the point, it was just about cooking the fucking rice out of the rice cooker, this shouldn't even be a matter unless you are such a linear person with strictly rigid methods to have. I also recognized his debate but when I argued his opinion, he came with even a ferocious rebuttal, and I was like having that "Okay, you win but doesn't mean I've lost." kind of mentality. He always has had a way to use "possibilities" as an argument but from what I've seen, he lacked that "grounded" approach as well.

I mean who decides that an action is wrong anyway? shouldn't we focus in the results and how to get from A to B using the very basic forms of critical thinking?
    True, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, including yourself, no matter if we deny it or not-- which I also did so often on this case. Some methods might also be harmful in the process, but it depends on the way how these humans perceive it. For instance, according to that story, it might be that the brother A didn't reach it in time, while brother B did but with more efforts. If not, maybe the opposite could be true. Or else, maybe both brothers reached the same point within their method by exactly the same minute. However, it doesn't matter if they both arrived to the same point without winning in their process, probably the same reason why possibilities "exist".

Albeit, I definitely doubt that there is a "wrong" way.
    And as for the verdict, everything is correct, but there must be the best way in doing something properly.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I also believe that there is no "incorrect way", the thing is for my case I could care less if what I've done was the most practical, as long as it save me from unnecessary mental pain, I like to believe that not giving a whole lot of shit for practicality is tied to my nihilistic view to life

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs are negativist, with Te lead + Si they may focus on what you did wrong in detail. I lived in a LSE house for awhile, they have a strong sense of bringing order to their living space, like you have to put object A in place A, object B in place B, you mess thing up and you may get a lesson. They also know the cost of any item in the supermarket and their detail information... what product is worth the cost and what not.

ILIs also negativist, but with Ni they focus on the thing you could do wrong to mess up the future.

And both are process type, which mean they may care more about how thing done in what way (more nitpicking).

But all this wrong/right here is dynamic, which mean overtime if some facts/informations change, their opinion may also change easily. It's not some principle they would follow to death.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 05-24-2022 at 12:06 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Te isn't right or correct, but it is "efficient" Productive with the least amount of resources wasted... but productive (and profitable) for whom? The Fi vision of the company, whatever the creator of the system wants it to be essentially - it's not right, it's narcissism. People will still be drawn into it though- especially if it's four dimensional.

Te often prides itself and how right it isn't and how it doesn't care about that in fact. Te is like the function that will get arrogant and condescending because even a broken clock is right two times a day. Te doesn't want to be right, but it does want to collect objective data for some Fi agenda. Te is also dynamic, so very dynamic that it can't really 'care' about being right or correct. This is why it dualizes with Fi attraction/repulsion and preferences because it's so fast-paced.

so in Te's eyes- I have no nuance. I'm just some homo that needs to go on PreP and have a drag queen tell me to love myself because that's what the IEE bulletin board says. It's already moved on to the next inaccurate and stupid bullshit thing that's not right- but it will end up being right, eventually- cuz even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Yes indeed, it is correct. I've said it time and again how / is far more concerned with what is "good enough" to get a given job done over what was or ever could be seen as a "perfect" solution to a given problem.

This is likely a source of tension between the decision axis's. In this sense your / conflicts with my / axis. You have, far as you can tell, a truly perfect solution. All that's left then is to use to get everyone to realize that.

For me, well, shit's all going to hell. Everyone can and actually does realize that given what they all say behind closed doors. The collective is real and everyone is acting like it.

Things are so bad in my milieu that they're all quite willing and eager to accept the "good enough" solutions I've proffered when asked. is what carries the day in this instance. It's not nice nor subtle or kind, but it's effective. is concerned with that almost above all else. If it works it's good. If it doesn't than fuck it.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d think “the one right way of doing things” would be the opposite of “multiple possibilities” (Ne). So it would be most associated with Si.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most efficient way, the best way for me to get it done is... efficient and done good enough.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Procedures, Methodology and Protocols exist for a reason . Personally I am amazed by the traditional ways of doing things. I like what we call in french the "Savoir Faire" the old way, Handmade stuff. For instance to forge and produce a traditional Katana or to make cocktails or building a shelter or to solder etc... They are "proper" ways to do things like that.

Imho, what people don't like when they complain about "the right way" is not the methodology it's when they see other ways and the other person insists that there is no other ways. So they want to figure out for themself if it's true or if it can be done alternatively. This attitude comes imho from doutp and an aversion for being told what to do and maybe a certain amount of negativism in a socionic sense.
    Last edited by godslave; 05-31-2022 at 12:49 PM.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I just make judgements based on what makes the most sense. Basically, will something work? Is it effective?

I actually don't really think that I consciously make decisions about efficiency. Doing so is hard for me. My attitude towards efficiency is instinctive.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Procedures, Methodology and Protocols exist for a reason . Personally I am amazed by the traditional ways of doing things. I like what we call in french the "Savoir Faire" the old way, Handmade stuff. For instance to forge and produce a traditional Katana or to make cocktails or building a shelter or to solder etc... They are "proper" ways to do things like that.

Imho, what people don't like when they complain about "the right way" is not the methodology it's when they see other ways and the other person insists that there is no other ways. So they want to figure out for themself if it's true or if it can be done alternatively. This attitude comes imho from doutp and an aversion for being told what to do and maybe a certain amount of negativism in a socionic sense.
    I find that I usually think that there's a right way to do things based on what I've learned or what I've theorized (probably usually what I've learned). When other people do things differently, I sort of look at whether it'll work, and if it will, I just kind of say "Eh." and leave it alone. Otherwise, I try to fix the problem.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pregnantman View Post
    There is no truth, with the exception of this sentence
    There is no truth, including this sentence.

(Google's AI screams in the distance.)

Edit: So I should clarify that I wasn't actually saying that the quoted sentence wasn't true. I was saying that my first sentence wasn't true. It's a sort of logical paradox.
    Last edited by Clarke; 10-29-2022 at 02:22 AM.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. So all your posts from the alt right thread are bullshit and you are actually a closet Trump supporter. Wait, is that the right way.
    I guess that there aren't any truths, so that's technically false.

In all seriousness, I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't think that he would be beneficial for the US, or the world at large. I also think that his current politics aren't sustainable, considering most of the US doesn't support the overturning of Roe vs. Wade. States that have enacted state-wide abortion bans have also banned things that are pretty much necessary for standard married life, like plan B. I don't think that this would make them favorable to the general public.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if whats not true for you is not true for you and if whats not true for me is not true for me, what if my not truth says your sentence is true, does that make your sentence untrue

(Bill Nye's nose all uppity in the air)
    No, because it wouldn't be true for you, but it could still be true for me.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liar liar,.pants on fire
    Realistically, if I was a closet Trump supporter, why would I even give information about the development of Trump supporters?

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sustainable? plan b hasnt existed for the majority of americas history. but apparently @Clarke's (un)truth says plan b is necessary for the greater good of all. assuming as long its "favorable" to "the majority" (whatever that means) it automatically supercedes anything else. oh ok, should I accept @Clarke's (un)truth as (un)truth over all other (un)truths. and why
    Are you a Trump supporter?

Anyway, plan B seems to be necessary for a standard married couple because ideally, they would have sex at least once a week. Considering condoms don't work 100% of the time and neither does spermicide, they don't seem to have any other options. I'm pretty sure that standard birth control is bad for female hormones, although I'm actually not completely sure about this.

I guess if you wanted to argue that standard birth control is more necessary to a relationship than the occasional plan B/IUD's when the condom fails, then you could be correct, at least according to evidence that might be outside of my pool of knowledge.

As for providing information, there are other ways that I could be favorable to the general public. Theoretically, you could say that I've done those things already, although I've kind of just been acting on a sense of fun for the while that I've been here. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken certain actions that would alienate me, like posting about 10 times in one thread in one day.

Anyway, a piece of advice I have is that if you ever use subterfuge to pretend to be part of a group, don't tell them information about your group. It's better if your enemies are in the dark about their enemies.

Edit: I should say that I took some of your posts as humor, and I'm sorry if I've offended you by trying to be humorous back. My humor tends to be nonstandard.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no bullshit

if my truth is true and your truth is also true,

what if my truth says your truth is a lie, is your truth a truth or lie
    Well it depends on whether your truth is actually true.
    -Someone with the serious dichotomy.

Edit: I think I misread this. If your truth is true and my truth is true, then we obviously have to believe the same thing. So if your truth says that my truth is a lie, then the first statement would actually be false. That's a good question to ask to a bad AI lol.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude wtf, u starin at my dick outside my bedroom window bro??

analyzing people's sex life frequency is just creepy....
    We might be having some problems understanding each other somehow. Our world views don't seem to be compatible.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If 1+1=2 is my truth and 1+1=3 is your truth,
    my truth says your truth is a lie,

how could yours still be true
    Hypothetically, if 1+1=3 was my truth, it could only be true if 1+1=3 was actually the truth. But that's probably going into 1984 territory.

I guess something like that could be the truth if 2 people wanted an only child. Then 1+1 would eventually equal 3. But I wouldn't call that standard mathematics.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if 1+1=3 is true for you, why should anyone take your worldview about plan b and sex frequency percentages seriously
    I'm not really sure whether to interpret this literally or metaphorically. I'll try to interpret it more metaphorically.

If 1+1=3 was true for me, then I would want to make sure that it was 1+1=3 at the right time. I wouldn't want to have 1+1=3 at a time when I'm poor, or when I don't have a job. I'd like to have it when my living conditions are stable, and maybe when I'm ready to take care of the third.

There's also this issue that when 1+1 ceases to really have +, and the two 1's just interact every day with no addition, then it might soon be 1+0. And then, for what might be a long time, I only have myself.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the spermicide
    Ah. Well this is very interesting from an ITR perspective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast