Thread: Where do you Alphas live (or want to live)?

epic gamer moment banmeplssssssss's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where do you Alphas live (or want to live)?

Sorry if the title seems creepy, I'm referring to general locations, not like your precise location or something And I'm also not just talking about general location, but type of shelter you choose to live in (or currently live in).

I'm just piecing together theories about quadras/sociotypes and their (preferred) living conditions. My whole family are Ni/Se valuers and they are obsessed with minimizing their living conditions and/or finding ways to make their living conditions portable (tiny houses, living on boats or trailers). My ESI mom makes around $150k as the CEO of some company she runs and recently she just moved into a tiny apartment to minimize her living needs (and she doesn't live in california or anything like that, she lives in arizona), and my SLE dad is an airline pilot who supposedly makes around $180k a year and lives in a tiny shack out in the middle of the desert, 20 minutes away from essentially a ghost town (again, in arizona)... like I thought my dad was poor because he was living there, like he needed to save money or something, but nope, apparently he lives in this tiny shack he owns because he doesn't have to spend any money on it, despite the fact that it's inconvenient for him and despite the fact that he makes so much money Also he just dreams of living in small trailers and vans, and boats and tiny houses where he can just go wherever he wants and hustle everywhere, and when he tries to convince me to do that to save money, I'm like, "Well that's pretty uncomfortable haha! Where am I gonna keep all my stuff and have my home base!!! I gotta have a home base!!" To me it seems like Ni/Se valuers want to minimize their living needs (like getting smaller houses with less comforts... all Ni/Se valuers seem very minimalistic to me) and here I am wanting a huge house with a huge amount of property so I can just add more and more to my living needs, like a game room or an invention room or a farm with animals and pets and so many different crops and crazy inventions that work the entire farm and just... well, more everything lol! I couldn't fathom why they would want less!

I watch this YouTuber named Linus Tech Tips (the main guy of the show, Linus, seems a LOT like an LIE to me) and he went to this other popular tech YouTuber's house named iJustine (who seems a LOT like some sort of Alpha SF) and Linus' reaction to all of her comforts is just so funny hahaha... here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sU...=LinusTechTips, and then he went to this other dude's house who has a ton of tech in his house and just berated him for it, and the whole time I was thinking to myself, "oh god this dude's house looks just like mine... oh no haha": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLl...=LinusTechTips, they both seem like they own a lot of things 'that they use sometimes or might use someday' which seems very Ne to me xD

So anyways, where do y'all live (like the mountains, desert, city, suburbs) and what's the weather like there usually? How many people do you surround yourself with? (like large city, small town, etc.) If you're not happy where you are then where would you want to go to live? For me I went to rural Ohio a few years back and it was a pretty fun and comfortable experience, it felt pretty home'y' I live in Arizona right now and it's cool out in the rural areas of Arizona for me because it feels like there is a lot to be explored, but I live in a somewhat suburbian area now and it's ok... it's hot as hell though and I hate that
    Last edited by banmeplssssssss; 05-08-2022 at 06:49 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravash7 View Post
    Sorry if the title seems creepy, I'm referring to general locations, not like your precise location or something And I'm also not just talking about general location, but type of shelter you choose to live in (or currently live in).
    I want to live in another planet and I want to travel in spaceships, I want to meet aliens and live with them for a while and I want to eat and drink alien food.

Ok, so in Earth I'd probably want to visit UK, Scotthish medial stuff, Ireland, etc. Also, I would like to visit Nepal and try to find some Yeti, don't judge.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-State area suburbs, not a fan. People are (generally) well educated, but the proximity to NYC lends a high pace of living and a Gamma corporate mindset (no offense). Mountains are cool, I've always wanted to visit Colorado, or Washington. Any extreme kind of climate or topography would be interesting, and I would prefer to live somewhere less dense (more room for exploration). Somewhere with a silicon culture (is that a term?) would be cool. I can relate to the desire for more space to use for projects/hobbies, but I don't think I'd take adequate care of a big ass home base like that. Place would fall apart.

Also, LIE for Linus? I've always heard ILE for him, which was my impression from watching him over the years. Cool thread.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You know, weather and that kind of stuff is good, but the biggest thing I want to live near is good government, a lack of greed, and the desire to move humanity forward.

I currently live in a very beautiful place (to my eyes) with a trash sandwich for gov. Local is trash, state congress is trash, governor is ok, federal is trash