Thread: What are SEIs opinion of ILEs who text long explanations?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are SEIs opinion of ILEs who text long explanations?

An ILE buddy of mine was listening to his SEI gal vent about some of her past regrets. At the time, he just allowed her to vent. He did text her a long empathetic opinion that night.

This same SEI often texts the ILE questions for better understanding. He will text her a long explanation just so she can understand but not in a condescending way

My question: Do SEIs prefer long or short replies when trying to understand a situation better?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is always better to not to send wall of text regardless of type.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    It is always better to not to send wall of text regardless of type.
    Objectively I agree but I actually enjoy walls of texts from personal friends. I'm not SEI so I appreciate your reply to the question

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time reading big walls of text, I don't really listen to venting very well either.

One problem I'm seeing is that she is having a private conversation with this guy and his Fi-PoLR ass is sharing it with his friend lol.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    Yes. Texting is the worst form of communication to get to know someone. A short 5-minute phone call would work better.
    That's probably a good reply. I remember writing letters during summer vacation to a cool chick. It was interesting. It was 1999. There was face to face, a parent's home phone, email or written letters.

Appreciate the replies, for sure

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    I have a hard time reading big walls of text, I don't really listen to venting very well either.

One problem I'm seeing is that she is having a private conversation with this guy and his Fi-PoLR ass is sharing it with his friend lol.
    Maybe the real problem is that you're actually retarded

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Okay. That was harsh by me. For context, I have a degree in comparative psychology so people tell me shit and I'm good at listening. I'm horrible with fucking feelings so I ask the forum their opinion on feelings cause I obviously suck at feelings. It's a good thing today is Saturday and drink all the liquor I want, so... Yeah

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Objectively I agree but I actually enjoy walls of texts from personal friends. I'm not SEI so I appreciate your reply to the question

This is not about socionics imo. If a person likes other person's input or/and into the subject that is talked about, then ofcourse they can enjoy long explanation.

The tricky part in this situation is that you don't know if person is into what you are saying or not, if they are not, they can be like oohh gee am I gonna read all of this, on outside they can be like oh cool thanks a lot. Besides, maybe that person was into one aspect you didnt mention it and your whole text is about something else etc.

I can form long sentences irl but I cannot remember sending a long text out of to blue to someone. But when we are texting back and forth in real time, I might do it, but then I hit enter so it is not like wall of text most of the time. For me, this is better because you can gauge if you and other person is on the same page.

No friend of mine send me wall of text out of blue as well, this only happened if something bad or tricky happened between us, I only received it if other person was into me, so in my case, me liking or not was generally about what has been said and my level of interest. Though generally speaking I dont like wall of texts, back and forth is better.
    Last edited by myresearch; 05-07-2022 at 07:44 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    This is not about socionics imo. If a person likes other person's input or/and into the subject that is talked about, then ofcourse they can enjoy long explanation.

The tricky part in this situation is that you don't know if person is into what you are saying or not, if they are not, they can be like oohh gee am I gonna read all of this, on outside they can be like oh cool thanks a lot. Besides, maybe that person was into one aspect you didnt mention it and your whole text is about something else etc.

I can form long sentences irl but I cannot remember sending a long text out of to blue to someone. But when we are texting back and forth in real time, I might do it, but then I hit enter so it is not like wall of text most of the time. For me, this is better because you can gauge if you and other person is on the same page.

No friend of mine send me wall of text out of blue as well, this only happened if something bad or tricky happened between us, I only received it if other person was into me, so in my case, me liking or not was generally about what has been said and my level of interest. Though generally speaking I dont like wall of texts, back and forth is better.
    Appreciate the nuance. It's cool to get opinions from folk who investigate these psychological inquiriess. In college & business, communication is expected to be detailed. In relationships its difference, I guess

Again, for context, the long wall of text was in response to something the SEI was legit concerned or sad about. Given the replies here, my ILE buddy oughta just give a cool one sentence reply.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate the nuance. It's cool to get opinions from folk who investigate these psychological inquiriess. In college & business, communication is expected to be detailed. In relationships its difference, I guess

Again, for context, the long wall of text was in response to something the SEI was legit concerned or sad about. Given the replies here, my ILE buddy oughta just give a cool one sentence reply.
    That makes sense to me, so she was wanting to hear some input in that regard. I just wrote what I wrote because I don't think this is a good strategy to approach SEIs and other types in general. What I mean is it isnt so good to write long explanations just for the sake of it. It can backfire more than it does some good imo.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kiana.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be, but that doesn't necessarily address my point does it? lol

Okay. That was harsh by me. For context, I have a degree in comparative psychology so people tell me shit and I'm good at listening. I'm horrible with fucking feelings so I ask the forum their opinion on feelings cause I obviously suck at feelings. It's a good thing today is Saturday and drink all the liquor I want, so... Yeah
    It's good that degree is put to good use since you have to come here to consult the mentally ill for advice on people, I'm sure that was money well spent lmaooo.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good that degree is put to good use since you have to come here to consult the mentally ill for advice on people, I'm sure that was money well spent lmaooo.
    I think "he" has Ti PoLR. Hopefully an LSI will fuck the Ti PoLR out of "his" brain and cure "his" daddy issues some day, there's always hope.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's your opinion of this place, have 3,100 messages and counting then what does that say about you?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Hi Kiana.
    I live in your head, rent free, then you proceed to internet stalk me and spew garbage you'd be afraid to in real life. Whoever Kiana really is, our IPs don't match. Giggle that, Grimace

I think "he" has Ti PoLR. Hopefully an LSI will fuck the Ti PoLR out of "his" brain and cure "his" daddy issues some day, there's always hope.
    Keep tagging and quoting, aiming to recruit folk cause you know you're too much of a "holier than thou" pussy to stand alone

Proceed to reply within a couple of hours, tops. I might reply in a day or a week. You're a smelly nobody, looking to insult because offending YOU is obviously worst then the fact you insulted people first.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in your head, rent free, then you proceed to internet stalk me and spew garbage you'd be afraid to in real life. Whoever Kiana really is, our IPs don't match. Giggle that, Grimace

Keep tagging and quoting, aiming to recruit folk cause you know you're too much of a "holier than thou" pussy to stand alone

Proceed to reply within a couple of hours, tops. I might reply in a day or a week. You're a smelly nobody, looking to insult because offending YOU is obviously worst then the fact you insulted people first.
    Cope and seethe, little girl.

Edit: I actually forgot you existed after I exposed your ass. I hope you respond faster than a day or a week though. It's fun watching you crack under the pressure, and I'm barely doing anything.
    Last edited by Ocean Man; 05-08-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar what do you think of @Stray Cat's histronics? Not very tough, probably not even an extraverted subtype.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@EIE H do you think @Stray Cat is SLE? I don't think so.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Agate do you think @Stray Cat is SLE? I don't even think that person is LSI anymore, way too much of a bitch in public. Not stoic, not manly.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    I am not publicly typing anyone anymore. Lol
    That's fair, it's hard to type mentally fucked people. He's way too much of a bitch to be my Semi-Dual or Dual though. Projects a lot, totally unaware of himself. I don't believe he has any degree in psychology lol

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stray Cat is such a fake tough guy that he can't even stick around in the thread. Typical of CD cognition though, once they get stressed out, they need to go off and recharge. Poor baby isn't strong enough for me.

Psuedo-Aggressors: INTp, ENTj. These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.

Go run and hide.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stray Cat I am stronger than you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stray Cat You know what, since you ragequit - this is my thread now. You fat fuck, stay the fuck out of my fucking thread. You fat disgusting blob, you cheese drinking, lard gargling, calorie thieving, McDonalds mukbanging, wide load, hungry hungry hippo, fucking planet pretending to have a thyroid problem.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Agate do you think @Stray Cat is SLE? I don't even think that person is LSI anymore, way too much of a bitch in public. Not stoic, not manly.
    That's fair, it's hard to type mentally fucked people. He's way too much of a bitch to be my Semi-Dual or Dual though. Projects a lot, totally unaware of himself. I don't believe he has any degree in psychology lol
    @Stray Cat is such a fake tough guy that he can't even stick around in the thread. Typical of CD cognition though, once they get stressed out, they need to go off and recharge. Poor baby isn't strong enough for me.

Psuedo-Aggressors: INTp, ENTj. These are types who exhibit aggressive tendencies in their everyday life, and as a result tend to carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. They are looking for a worthy opponent - someone who is strong enough to withstand their quirks without "breaking" so to speak.

Go run and hide.
    @Stray Cat I am stronger than you, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    You're bored, lonely and jerking off to your own ego within only one afternoon.

I got better real life shit to do besides reading the inner ramblings of a homosexual sadist like you who just wasted 5 posts tagging random people who could stroke your ego.

Congrats for making this thread about me. I guess all it took to trigger you was to send your PMS into overdrive. You're welcome, princess.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a cooler note, I actually did get some cool replies to this question.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're bored
    Yeah, that is true - you're not entertaining me at all. It's too bad you're so moist and flimsy, must be the alcohol.

I got better real life shit to do.
    Translation: I need to go comfort myself by ruining my body further by drinking lots and lots of cheap booze after you fisted my ass online.

Congrats for making this thread about me.
    I guess you have Alzheimer's. This is my thread, boy. But I'm happy you'll finally be getting that attention you so desperately crave since now everyone can see you're a mistyped pussy cat. Not like they already weren't talking shit about you behind your back though.

Hopefully that degree in psychology you got to figure out your mommy issues will help you cope and allow you to accept your mistyping. Praying for you, sweetie.
    Last edited by Ocean Man; 05-10-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a cooler note, I actually did get some cool replies to this question.
    Now stay out of my thread.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remeber one time this SEI girl I knew she used to make fun of the NFL player Gronkowsky alot, and someone accused her of having a crush on him and she said "Yea I just like his immature nature."

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now stay out of my thread.
    Anybody else into seals? I know I am.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that is true - you're not entertaining me at all. It's too bad you're so moist and flimsy, must be the alcohol.

Translation: I need to go comfort myself by ruining my body further by drinking lots and lots of cheap booze after you fisted my ass online.

I guess you have Alzheimer's. This is my thread, boy. But I'm happy you'll finally be getting that attention you so desperately crave since now everyone can see you're a mistyped pussy cat. Not like they already weren't talking shit about you behind your back though.

Hopefully that degree in psychology you got to figure out your mommy issues will help you cope and allow you to accept your mistyping. Praying for you, sweetie.
    Uncreative, unoriginal and uninspiring. You're a just a fanboy, overthinking about people you've never met while your Uncle Daddy shines your noodle.

You think about me too much Try turning in bed and rub your foot against your husband, Dave get him wired, and call it a night. Your welcome

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncreative, unoriginal and uninspiring. You're a just a fanboy, overthinking about people you've never met while your Uncle Daddy shines your noodle.

You think about me too much Try turning in bed and rub your foot against your husband, Dave get him wired, and call it a night. Your welcome
    Bro, it's been a week and I forgot you existed - AND you quoted me 5 times. Get on blocklist, dumb ass LSI that thinks he's Se Base lol