0 Thread(s)

Default Rate how good each subtype is with computers

Ile ti and Ili te 10
    ile ne, Ili ni, Lii ne, LSI se, sli si 9
    lii ti, sle ti, iei ni, Iee fi, sli te 8
    lie ni, lie te, Lse si, lse te, Eie fe, Esi se, esi fi 7
    lsi ti, eie ni, sle se, Eii fi, iei fe, see se, see fi, ese fe, sei fe 6
    sei si ese si, Iee ne, Eii ne 4

in my experience, ile ti and Ili te tend to be the very best with computers, although Ili seem to favor simplicity a bit more. You rarely ever run into one that needs to be taught how to use them or that makes many mistakes with them. Lsi ti, sle ti, Esi se vary a lot, but lsi ti females tend to be poor with them while lsi ti males spend a lot of time with them… lsi ti follow gender norms too much, lsi se are more open minded. Surprisingly, my eie ni niece was better with computers than my sle ti niece, that was how it started off. I think my sle ti niece surpassed my Eie ni one though, because my eie ni niece just didn’t really care about computers. But if eie ni want do better with computers than sle ti then some of them can, just they likely wouldn’t care to. For some reason, Eie ni who are into computers see more wrong with certain things so they tend to try to learn more options than sle ti do.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te Creative and both 4d Ne Te types are the best troubleshooters. We don't have to drag Te PoLRs into this, do we?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, my comp professor spent half an hour teaching us how to wrap text around a picture in a Word doc. And then, she spent the remainder of the class period teaching us how to use the infographic templates on a site called Vennpage. I hadn't even heard of the latter before, but it was so intuitive that she could've just dropped the website name and let us figure it out ourselves; it would've been faster that way.

I think older educators tend to wildly overestimate how much instruction my generation requires to complete digital tasks..

The story wasn't related to subtypes lol, but this thread reminded me of it.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm famous at finding my way around. Dialectical Algorithmic types should fare well? Troubleshooting through if-then-else operations. Fast cancellation of various options.
    The essential distinguishing feature of the Dialectical style, is a view of the universe as a unified struggle of opposites. In speech it often uses syntactic constructions "if-then-else", the predictive branches of a developing process. Within limits, the Dialectic strives to find an intermediate point of dynamic equilibrium between contrasting extremes. Dialectical cognition is born from the colliding flow and counterflow of thought, the consciousness and unconsciousness. Thinkers of this style are characterized by an express inclination towards the synthesis of opposites, the removal of contradictions, which they so keenly perceive.

Its advantages are obvious: it is the most subtle and flexible style. It can easily switch to an opposite direction, and possesses predictive ability, accompanied by an effective type of associative memory. Algorithmic thinking is also good at solving problems of classification, given their gift for recognizing complex patterns. Beyond the circumstantial conditions of a problem, it perceives a fundamental algorithm for its solution.

Flowing structures:
    Dialectical Algorithmic > Vortical Synergetic > Causal deterministic > Holographic Panoramic

Discrete Configurations:
    Causal deterministic -> Holographic Panoramic > Dialectical Algorithmic > Vortical Synergetic
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-23-2022 at 03:44 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list will be correct if we talk about who will be interested in it "naturally", but in our modern age the use of a computer is in great demand

I agree with both ILE and ILI-Te , the most expert people in technology I've ever seen were my ILE-Ne friend and my ILI-Te dad

My ILE-Ne friend is such an intelligent guy , I used to secretly have crush on him discuss with him for long time about tech , he amazes me every time with his knowledge and experience

my ILI-Te dad ( though I also considered LII and SLI for his type ) is a professional in technical and electrical feild , he can even repair electrical machines

My mom is ESE-Fe , she is one of the most experienced people in her company in dealing with software related to her work (Photoshop, Excel, Word, etc.), but in other things she asks for our help to learn

I have been obsessed with computers since childhood, my father introduced me to computer and my mother to the Internet, I enjoyed watching them work and I had the opportunity to try it from a very young age (which is what developed my obsession with technology till today ) , I am the second most tech-savvy person in the house after my dad

I don't know if my ESI-Fi/ILI-Ni kindergarden friend is interested in computers but he's interested in programming, I knew indirectly that he wanted to get into a technical college so I assume he'd be interested, I don't know how much expert is he though

My LSI uncle is also good with computer, he teaches it at high school

Both my IEI-Fe/EIE sister and my SxE brother are the least interested in computers, my sister doesn't know more than turning computer on and off and doesn't want to learn no matter how I encourage her to do so , while my brother is ready to learn tiny things that he need but no more than that

I don't remember other people having an interest in computers

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is ILE and he can barely send an email.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is something about modern time which makes tech sub-fields very ST friendly. Their willingness to tinker with something.

Many LSIs could easily do all sorts of stuff around low level and grind sort of pragmatic programming. Data heavy things are probably much less ST.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...of_pragmatists
    When a group consists of members of this club, but without either of the two quadras having greater weight, its interactions are likely to be based on sports activities or discussion of, or cooperation in, projects related to manual work and engineering. Very typical examples of groups formed mainly of members of this club are groups of car enthusiasts where actively repairing and refurbishing them with their own hands is a key component of their activities.
    I know ILI who has studied in depth Linux kernel and its mailing list. RIP. Another one (woman) of that type started explain me about some CAD stuff. I was making a quick fix - not getting a new profession.

Anyway, I usually fix those problems by guessing. I'm pretty good at guessing stuff and experimenting by combining ideas. I have very little actual dedication to low level (algorithm > device, please).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I see more learned helplessness around computers than people who seem to just not be able to get it, tbh...

It's really rare that I've seen people actually try to learn it *and* not get it, instead of just being afraid they'll break something and get it wrong so they don't try at all.
    C’est ainsi, je ne danse pas pour vous,
    Mais seulement pour le vent.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreymagine;[URL="tel:1512077"
    1512077[/URL]]Today, my comp professor spent half an hour teaching us how to wrap text around a picture in a Word doc. And then, she spent the remainder of the class period teaching us how to use the infographic templates on a site called Vennpage. I hadn't even heard of the latter before, but it was so intuitive that she could've just dropped the website name and let us figure it out ourselves; it would've been faster that way.

I think older educators tend to wildly overestimate how much instruction my generation requires to complete digital tasks..

The story wasn't related to subtypes lol, but this thread reminded me of it.
    I know young people who don't know what the difference between their OS, browser, and "Google" are. I've been thinking people younger than we are generally worse with computers.