Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Signs of low dimensional Ni

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Ni, sadly, isn't too valued, at least not in US society. I read that LSE is the archetypical male, maybe that's part of the reason. Yet again, I've seen LIE as the type of American society as a whole (I can definitely agree with gamma > delta). It is a large country, so while I could definitely see that for NYC, it might not apply to the rural Midwest.
    Ni is valued in business. Everyone says "Have a vision" "Plan ahead" "Catch trends". Entrepreneurs value Ni alot. And Tech values Ni. Tech is largely Ni/Te/Ti in the states. Tons of kids went to college and read a ton of Ni motivational quote "Have a strong vision in order to be successful".

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Low unvalued Ni types ultimatively judge someones psychological state on external signs (he/she is alright, has a car, a garden, a big house etc.). They do not interpret subtle signs or expressions that could point to an underlying reason for a depression or other negative mental problems. Ni Ego types are ultimatively psychologists and therapists because they naturally pick up on these signs and care a lot about mental health. For sensing types understanding their own psychological state is much more difficult.
    This is why I need to stop hating IEIs so much. I’ve seen one of them recently explain to a sensor how someone who is quiet is holding inner turmoil. The sensor actually thought that person was just exactly what their face showed and it’s impossible they can be any other mood whatsoever.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy56 View Post
    This is why I need to stop hating IEIs so much. I’ve seen one of them recently explain to a sensor how someone who is quiet is holding inner turmoil. The sensor actually thought that person was just exactly what their face showed and it’s impossible they can be any other mood whatsoever.
    yeah it's the Ni that just unconciously wants to get to the root of things. when they notice someone lying for example, they usually think about why the person lied, what are the underlying reasons for someone to do that etc. I think IEI are better psychologists than ILI and LII for example because logical types care less about other people and might not be inclined to invest a lot of time into strangers. for sensing types, especially Ni PolR, it is almost impossible to grasp hidden internal motivations of other people.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about a very important aspect of ESE's Ni PolR, and it is very useful to notice them from the outside.

They are very anxious and have difficulty planning, and it seems that for this reason they search for some "spiritual" guidance, which is superstitious or religious. They need to cover their fear.

Every ESE I know loves horoscope, even males. They read it and share a lot of things about it on social medias. Obviously not everyone really believes in it, they know it's just a game, but the compulsivity they have in sharing so much things about it makes their superstition clearly shining through. It's like they think "I know it's not true, but I'll hold on to anything to think things will be okay (because I'm afraid)". I think their Ne mobilizing covers their Ni PolR. They try to joke a lot and seek joviality often so as not to think about the negavity that the need to deal with Ni brings to them. They complain a lot about things and something use horoscope to "joke" about it.

This is a similiar principle to that which makes many of them believe in karma or religion in general. Some of them makes good actions just because they hope to be rewarded by "karma"/"God".

Surely I explained it very badly, but I am sure it is a trait that allows you to type many ese in a very easy and trivial way.

SEEs are also very similar in this, but theirs is a real suggestion to it. I noticed a lot of SEE are very prone to speak about the "scheme behind things", while ESEs treat this as a game and seem extremely disinterested in discussing things like philosophy or spiritual concepts for their own sake. SEEs are opened and interested to discussions relating Ni, despite remaining very superficial. Infact, this brings them to believe too much in conspiracy theories.
    Jung explains this magnificently in his book Psychological Types (as I mentioned in the previous post). Ironic that MBTI didn't take this into consideration, but socionics did.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low dimensional Ni is more about improper timing. Tending to live at your own pace.

Ni is creating and recognizing symbols in the external world to know when to act. It's not really about "having a vision for the future", it's just they tend to exclude a lot of details and create symbols that informs them on when to take action, and when not to.

Again, Ni itself is not responsible for "planning" in the stereotypical sense. That would take a rational function.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I explained it very badly. Thanks for clarifing definitions.

I dind't mean they just find it hard to plan, but more that they are often uninterested in eccessive planning (for what you said, "they tend to live at their own pace", Si creative), but at the same time they feel a sort of guilt and fear related to keep that pace, while SEIs have not this problem in general. And this makes them do some of the things I said (and it is connected very well to what you said about symbols).

An exemple to this guilt is their use of demonstrative. They will start speaking about things like money, the importance of power, etc. almost to make the other think they are actually pursuing these goals, while often they are uninterested in it (Se demonstrative/unvalued).
    It's like they think the world is expecting from them more Se, and so they gives an appearance of interest for it. This is something about demonstrative functions in general.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types with Ni in the superego also have a more concrete problem - they're at war with time, constantly. Sometimes it moves too slow, sometimes too fast, sometimes there's too much, sometimes there's not enough - however it may be, it stresses me out. I cannot easily perceive how much time something will take, when to start, what will happen if I work at a set pace etc. For the extraverted rationals, this usually means starting way too soon on a project. For the introverted irrationals, however... It means demon-possessed work in the last few parts of the timespan.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting confused when someone says something entirely reasonable because of poor understanding of cause and effect. On the other side of things, over reacting to something completely predictable, like s person not putting on their turn signal driving. Another one might be that you seem to repeat the same thing over and over again, only to ignore it when said thing is actually useful. Hindsight is 20:20. Low Ni type people fail to recognize the difference between hindsight and being capable of doing something in the moment. When another person brings up a problem with their plan, they will generally struggle to adapt.

I think driving is a good one. Se/Ni users probably are decent at driving in that they learn the patterns better, while Si/Ne users probably are better at reacting. Ne users being the worst drivers, but I’m not sure about that. Some people tend to be incredibly fast drivers, some people are slow, and some people are oblivious. I’d have to think, but the SEI tends to be a good driver but generally oblivious, while I’m a cautious driver that makes mistakes. Of course the SEI gets really emotional when things don’t go their way, which because of poor Ni they tend to not see things that are easy to understand. For example, person pulls out without turn signal, ‘How did that happen’.

I honestly liken them to being simultaneously over skeptical and naive.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just not thinking ahead really.

LSE roommate is staying with me and my ILE roommate unauthorized, because he's not on the lease. We tried to get him on the lease, so he mailed the leasing office his pay stub for proof of income, but it had our address on it. So now the leasing office suspects that me and ILE already moved him in before he got on the lease. We could get kicked out for this. When we usually pay the rent, it's with 2 money orders, but for some reason this time LSE decided to go ahead and put his 3rd of the rent on his own money order, making us end up with 3 money orders, this is after the leasing office is already suspicious that he's an unauthorized resident, not good timing. He just Te'd to got the his 3rd of the rent to us quickly before he thought "If I do this, this bad thing could most likely happen."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Conscientiousness is a thing, independent of Socionics.
    Not according to some forumites. Big 5 IS socionics, to them.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being on this site

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Not being on this site

There were many LSE on this site before you showed up. It goes through cycles.

On another note, I get a kick out of the currant meme "sensors are dumb airheads incapable of complex thought". Socionics is just clearly way beyond their scope of practise.
    They are to busy rotating tires, or decorating houses, or fighting people in MMA rings. All the billions of sensors on Earth throughout all of human history.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Just not thinking ahead really.

LSE roommate is staying with me and my ILE roommate unauthorized, because he's not on the lease. We tried to get him on the lease, so he mailed the leasing office his pay stub for proof of income, but it had our address on it. So now the leasing office suspects that me and ILE already moved him in before he got on the lease. We could get kicked out for this. When we usually pay the rent, it's with 2 money orders, but for some reason this time LSE decided to go ahead and put his 3rd of the rent on his own money order, making us end up with 3 money orders, this is after the leasing office is already suspicious that he's an unauthorized resident, not good timing. He just Te'd to got the his 3rd of the rent to us quickly before he thought "If I do this, this bad thing could most likely happen."
    Oh haha, yeah when they try to solve immediate desperate problems and just end up making them worse. Haha.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    There were many LSE on this site before you showed up. It goes through cycles.

On another note, I get a kick out of the currant meme "sensors are dumb airheads incapable of complex thought". Socionics is just clearly way beyond their scope of practise.
    They are to busy rotating tires, or decorating houses, or fighting people in MMA rings. All the billions of sensors on Earth throughout all of human history.
    lol it was a joke timber. I’m going off of Alive’s typing methods
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    lol it was a joke timber. I’m going off of Alive’s typing methods
    That's a bad idea. Even if he has the occasional good observation.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more about your perception that not being interested in typology equals being dumb tbh. I don't think I have ever mentioned that sensing types are dumb on this site. In certain aspects they are smarter because they don't invest a significant amount of their time in a theory without a proof.
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 09-26-2022 at 09:12 PM.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an IEI who just rants nonstop about his third eye, "breeders" and "demonic gay/trans people" on instagram so not all intuitives are super bright. Sometimes they're just airheads (Ne-egos) or average people who speak in vague platitudes or make assumptions about you that resonate sometimes (Ni-ego)
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-27-2022 at 11:56 AM.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a boomer...
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    Many low Ni people might have trouble seeing opportunities and possibilities around them, which gets them into a conservative and sometimes self-defeating attitude about things.
    That's actually Ne, not Ni.
    Extroverted intuition is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Ne, I, intuition of possibilities, or black intuition.

Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.

Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators. Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

Ni is
    Introverted intuition is an introverted, irrational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Ni, T, temporal intuition, or white intuition. Ni is generally associated with the ability to recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lioness View Post
    Ni is
    Introverted intuition is an introverted, irrational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Ni, T, temporal intuition, or white intuition. Ni is generally associated with the ability to recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.
    So signs of low Ni = living in the moment, not thinking ahead, improvising instead, not foreseeing things coming, etc.

Story of my life and why my efforts don't always work out when it relates to Te also. Can't do that shit even when I try.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being able to know how much time is needed to finish a task, not knowing the right time to start and finish , etc

A silly example of this :
    There is an Arab singer called Umm Kulthum, part of a song of her is called "I don't have time to blame you", the length of the whole song is about an hour
    Souls know their way back home

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a huge difference between 2D Ni and 1D Ni. It's very easy to notice 1D Ni, it almost as concrete as matter, it can be sensed. 2D Ni can learn things from others and seem with a higher dimention though.
    In the end both are low dimentional
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Estj are great at short term time being able to estimate what time we’ll get there
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123