Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Socionics & Big Five test project

If you could fill out these 45 questions (from two tests) one way or another, I'd be grateful.

The first 15 are from the most recent Socionics test I put together, the final 30 are from FiveThirtyEight's Big Five test.

I didn't really want to select the test I was involved with, but I don't know of anything comparable that asks questions primarily in terms of Model A.

You may find it easiest to write down your answer (number) for each question on a piece of paper first.

Note: I want people to post the results of each question (not so much the results of the tests), to see if personality traits in one test correlate with answers in the other.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 04-01-2022 at 11:17 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Question 0 1 2 3 4 Answer (Number)
    Section 1 (Subteigh's Socionics test) - - - - - -
    Which description best represents you? None I am self-assured, quiet, constrained, dry, correct and impenetrable. At times I seem haughty but also moderately kind and imperturbable. I am polite and attentive to details in conversation, liking to specify and explain my opinions, making me liable to get stuck up on details that others consider nonessential. I have a high awareness of my social surroundings and the level of social influence that other people have. I am able to use these insights to my advantage through vigorous persuasion and negotiation by targeting other people’s weak spots. I am bold and decisive in pursuing my goals, but I find it difficult to focus on the same task for long. I am very interested in the affinities between people. I value understanding, tolerance and being able to compromise for the sake of harmony in relationships. However, by nature I am cautious and distrusting; sharing my experiences only with people who are close to me. I am a big generator of ideas. My suggestions can be very daring. However, I easily drop a project if I become bored with it, ending up feeling drawn to a new, more captivating project. I tend to be unaware of how others view me relationship-wise, meaning my levels of trust can be unstable.
    Which description best represents you? None I am undemonstrative, discreet, and considerate, but also obstinate and uncompromising in defending my opinions and interests. I pay attention to my health and appearance and am highly sensitive to sensations of internal discomfort and dissonance. I feel insecure and tense in situations with loud emotional displays, whether positive or negative. I evaluate external reality - work activities, world events, personal relationships etc. from the point of view of factual accuracy and efficiency and I am very proactive in increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world. Periods where I am unsure of myself in such matters fill me with a sense of paralysis. I am a quiet, languid and restrained individual who generally seems inert, torn off from reality and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous - I possess a fine intuition and understanding of emotions which helps me form insights that are useful or motivational to others. I am a passionate and expressive person who is often sympathetic and benevolent towards others. I have a high level of energy but my personality means I do not quite meet my potential when engaged in work that requires a systematic approach. I am naturally good at organizing recreation and getting people to relax.
    Which description best represents you? None I am a sociable, spirited, mobile person. I am the initiator of many things but I am characterized by great restlessness and changeability. I willingly explore the problems of others and try to find ways out of difficult positions; I enjoy giving useful advice. I selflessly protect my own interests and interest of people who close to me. I give the impression of being a modest, gentle, and kind person, but internally I am exacting, principled, and distrustful. If my principles are encroached upon, I suddenly become sharp and uncompromising, demonstrating a harsh and firm character. I have an energetic and direct personality. I am very good at spotting power dynamics between people, and motivating them to complete tasks. I am highly observant although I am prone to acting without having a complete understanding of a situation. I am usually quiet, serious and constrained, often uncompromising, even categorical, in my judgments. When I am not interested by the theme of a conversation I remain silent and severe, however, this cold demeanor is difficult for me to sustain. I do not care much for hands-on work, requiring some degree of independence from material demands in order to develop my ideas.
    Which description best represents you? None I am naturally animated and passionate and capable of stimulating excitement. I am internally dramatic and spontaneous and regularly love to give my thoughts and opinions. I have a keen sense of the significance of the moment, life's flow of events, and the past and future evolution of things. I am a quiet, counterbalanced, even sluggish person. I have a general detachment from day-to-day affairs as I consider them to be trivial matters undeserving of my attention. I place great importance on factual accuracy and a basic understanding of how things work, which I use to uncover hidden trends and connections. I am primarily interested in productive activity that meets real needs. My main activities are focused on addressing needs that are relevant today, not things that may or may not produce benefit some time down the road. I am not easily able to incorporate many different forecasts into my view of the future. I appear alive, emotional and free in my speech. My shyness can be overcome through the making of playful remarks, putting others at ease. I can be impatient and restless towards others but I am easily appeased and forgiving.
    Which description best represents you? None I long for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, I lack the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expect others to make gestures in that area. I am always in tune to the emotional flow surrounding me, and respond to it spontaneously and directly. I seek out and create activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing. I strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with my friends and family, and value sensitivity to the feelings of others, and will occasionally make my innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others. I do not normally pay attention to the nuances of interpersonal relationships; I am either overly suspicious or overly assuming of my relations with others when they are not clearly defined. More importance is given to these relations as they pertain to objective mutual benefit, rather than seeing the relationships as rewarding in and of themselves.
    Which description best represents you? None I am keen on accumulating factual knowledge on subjects of personal interest and those that help me be more efficient and productive, but I am often unsure of my ability to find and select the correct information. I find myself attracted to people I see as competent in that area and thus reassure me. I immediately recognize the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in my system of views and behavior. I freely make logical assertions about new information and experience. I hold highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist, being a habitual critic of people or things that don't follow a set of rules, whether they are those accepted by the community, or my own. I have a need to accumulate factual information, from external sources such as books and other forms of second-hand information on matters of personal interest or of professional activity. I have an inclination to be proactive in increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world, and my sense of self-worth is connected on being involved and productive in activities I see as useful, profitable, or which increase my knowledge base. I have skepticism and dislike for basing my beliefs, arguments, and actions on external sources of information. I would rather trust the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience or use my own personal insights to base my opinions and views, even if they are somewhat limited, than someone who had read many books on the subject. I have a dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and the factual accuracy of statements.
    Which description best represents you? None I see reality as continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. I am soothed by this and have a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and to adapt to them. I perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt leaps from one state to another. I am bothered by the lack of change, leading me into sudden bursts of action, energy, or even just thought. I see reality as continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. I have my own views of how reality should be which inclines me to be quick to take action to make sure they are sustained or to ensure they are achieved, before adverse change can get too far. I perceive reality as mostly not changing, and when it does, it's in abrupt leaps from one state to another. I draw inner stability from stable reality as it makes me confident that things will remain as they are despite minor disturbances. Periods of great upheaval are very disturbing and make me anxious that things will settle down one way or the other soon enough.
    Which description best represents you? None I have a lack of direct attention to the world around me, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. I have a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but this can result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. I deeply appreciate people who are full of ideas and imagination and who give me a sense of connectedness to what is happening 'out there in the world', even if this information cannot be applied practically at the present moment. I am even more grateful for people who provide insightful ideas and unconventional analysis to enhance what I am working on or going through at the present moment. I am skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. I easily see parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and like to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows me to be part of many things at once. I enjoy considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled. I am highly skeptical about ideas and opportunities that appear not to lead anywhere specific, and seek assurance that new innovations will definitely bring material benefits. I prefer the kind of ideas and innovations that offer solutions to existing problems rather than the kind that have uncertain consequences and are likely to bring upheaval and unnecessary change.
    Which description best represents you? None I feel at home amongst those who are actively doing something and interacting with others in a direct and visible manner, and am able to organize people and guide them to achieving a specific goal. I want to make all my own decisions about what I will do, wear, eat, look like etc., and I resent any attempt by others to make such decisions for me. I enjoy testing my will in challenging situations and I view life as a sort of obstacle course, full of adversity and challenges that must be weathered and conquered. I have difficulty producing pleasurable sensory experiences for others and for myself, but I like to talk about pleasure, enjoyment, and relaxation, hoping that someone nearby will take the hint and take the lead. I tend to get wound up and uptight from time-to-time, and I am generally unable to resolve these negative sensations myself. I am good at recognizing internal physical states in myself and in others, using my ability to recreate positive states and minimize negative ones. I am drawn to situations that satisfy my inner physical experience. I place a low priority on here-and-now sensory pleasures and bodily concerns as taking care of such trifling details would be a never-ending exercise; I prefer to focus on longer term considerations. I have a relative lack of awareness of my immediate surroundings and of the physical sensations I experience.
    Which description best represents you? None I recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, and rapidly generate ideas. I am led by my intellectual curiosity and I stimulate curiosity in others. I recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. I am focused on following my own needs rather than some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. I prefer to spend my time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining myself to achieve goals. I appreciate contemplating possibilities only if I feel like I stand to gain something from it, or if it has a perceived potential impact on 'the real world'. I tend to evaluate how justified the preferences of other people are rather than attempt to minimize conflict.
    Which description best represents you? None I am interested in the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behavior, algorithms, movement, and actions. I place great importance on my activities being efficient and factually accurate with a minimum of wasted effort. I see logical connections between things (including logical similarities, differences, and correlations) by means of instinctive impressions of validity, symmetry, and even beauty. I consider overly pragmatic views to be shallow, and try to limit public discussion of mundane practical matters. I strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with my friends and family. I value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally make my innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others. I recognize and convey passions, moods, and emotional states; I generate excitement, liveliness, and feeling. I get emotionally involved in activities as well as emotionally involve others. I recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.
    Which description best represents you? None I try hard to never let myself come apart at the seams emotionally or even allow myself to let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make me feel self-conscious and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes me generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around me. I deeply dislike attempts by others to get me to 'cheer up' or 'join the fun', especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression. I prefer to limit the number of theoretical categories I work with and tend to see new terminology, systems, and rules as being arbitrary and unnecessary until I at last discover their necessity for myself through extensive personal experience. I may be able to express my views clearly when given the time, but I am not prepared to deal with people who challenge my views and draw me into logical arguments and disputes. I long for situations where people are having fun, laughing and joking, and feel emotionally free and spontaneous. However, I am generally unable to produce this atmosphere myself and so I use other means to create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere. Failure at such attempts are met with dismay, which I either hide or react to with frustration and annoyance. I seek clarity in my system of beliefs and understanding and enjoy entertaining new concepts and being included in philosophical discussions where new concepts and systems of thought are introduced. I am uncertain of the logical clarity backing my actions, and thus seek external assistance in attaining a degree of reasonable competence in this realm. Structure is sought as more of a means to an end, a background guide to facilitate the growth of my main goal.
    Which description best represents you? None I prefer to focus on immediate tasks, taking things as they come, rather than try to evaluate the outcome of present trends. I perceive time in an undifferentiated manner: the past, present, and future all seem in or near the present. I generally have a poor sense of how long things will take and what the best amount of time to spend on things is. I tend to avoid intruding on the space of others or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive and I try hard to handle my needs by being disciplined and well-prepared rather than relying on others to do things for me. If these strategies fail, my efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make me look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens me up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness. If I have a problem that requires direct personal confrontation, I may resort to total avoidance rather than approaching the person directly. I periodically need an outside evaluation of how a situation is likely to develop in order to keep from worrying excessively. Without an outside reassurance that a task can be accomplished in time without hurry, or that there is no present need to deal with an ongoing development, I am anxious and inclined to try to deal with such issues immediately and sometimes impulsively. I place great value in thinking about the consequences of actions and whether they are opportune or not, being keen to avoid being too impulsive and taking actions I will regret later. I tend to feel capable of achieving my goals, but hesitate about whether the path I am choosing is the right one. In such cases I need to feel the support of others in order to be motivated to finally choose. I like to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see my will and personal power develop as I overcome obstacles together with other people. However, I depend on others to provide the motivation and zest for these endeavors.
    Which description best represents you? None I tend to be unsure of the productivity of my actions, having difficulty measuring how much work I have done, whether it is sufficient, and how much it is actually worth. I admire people who are aware of the productivity of their actions and are always trying to do something rational and worthwhile. I am very keen to accumulate information on matters I find useful or just interesting, but I also need the company of people with whom I can exchange evaluations as to the accuracy and usefulness of that information. I have a great reverence for good will, moral support, reliability, traditions, and stability in relationships. Yet I am unable to generate these things on my own as I focus on rational activity, comfort, and efficiency. I have a deep need for someone to help me express and make sense of my feelings towards things on a very regular basis. I have great admiration for people with well-developed systems of views. I especially like clear and concise explanations of concepts, rather than a lot of background information about them that is not directly pertinent. I want my actions to make sense, and thus need external assurance that the conceptual understanding behind them is correct. If I cannot find a source of certainty, I may become flustered and unable to act rationally at all. I often become engrossed in serious work which leads me to neglect my need for fun and emotional release. Left to myself, I have almost no way of establishing an emotional connection with others other than through formal methods that often fail to work. I enjoy being around people who make me feel comfortable expressing myself, and who can make every day new and exciting.
    Which description best represents you? None I am very indecisive, often lacking the ability to make important decisions, especially with regards to my own future. I may know what I want to achieve out of life in a broad or long term sense, but I find it very difficult to set and finish the short term projects leading to it. In order to be able to act, I need a tangible and definite stimulus from somebody well grounded in external reality and who has a clear picture of what must be done in a certain situation. I rarely emphasize my talents, unique experience, or singularity publicly, preferring to seem like 'your average guy' so that others can relate to me easily, but I become easily attached to people who believe in my potential and praise me for my unique skills. I have great respect and admiration for people who are always pursuing something new and different and are not tied down to material things. My focus on constantly chasing after new things often leaves me to neglect my physical and psychological well-being. I appreciate pleasant stimuli that help me to turn off my active mind for a little while and to find some kind of balance between the mental and physical. I need assistance with balancing my inner life and deriving enjoyment from all the things in life around me, and not just my mental activities. I appreciate people with a solid sensory awareness that can help me feel a healthy sense of pleasure from my surroundings. I am impulsive but at the same time desiring of not going too far in my rashness and so I admire and desire the company of people who are confident in their ability to evaluate where present trends are leading and who choose the opportune moment to initiate action or to refrain from it. I also long for a sense of greater meaning in my life beyond the immediately physical and enjoy the company of people who can show me the light in that area.
    Section 2 (FiveThirtyEight's Big Five test) - - - - -
    I tend to be quiet. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am compassionate and have a soft heart. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I tend to be disorganized. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I worry a lot. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am fascinated by art, music or literature. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am dominant and act as a leader. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am sometimes rude to others. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I have difficulty getting started on tasks. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I tend to feel depressed and blue. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I have little interest in abstract ideas. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am full of energy. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I assume the best about people. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am reliable and can always be counted on. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am emotionally stable and not easily upset. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am original and come up with new ideas. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am outgoing and sociable. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I can be cold and uncaring. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I keep things neat and tidy. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am relaxed and handle stress well. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I have few artistic interests. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I prefer to have others take charge. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am respectful and treat others with respect. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am persistent and work until the task is finished. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I feel secure and comfortable with myself. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am complex and a deep thinker. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am less active than other people. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I tend to find fault with others. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I can be somewhat careless. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I am temperamental and get emotional easily. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    I have little creativity. Disagree strongly Disagree a little Neutral Agree a little Agree strongly
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 04-01-2022 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

-

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ILI on the first test.

On the second test, I got:

Openness to experience 83 out of 100

Agreeableness 38 out of 100

Conscientiousness 29 out of 100

Negative emotionality 38 out of 100

Extraversion 17 out of 100

So my Big 5 correlates to LII, which can be explained by the Creative subtype, a metric that neither Big 5 nor Model A account for.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I got ILI on the first test.

On the second test, I got:

Openness to experience 83 out of 100

Agreeableness 38 out of 100

Conscientiousness 29 out of 100

Negative emotionality 38 out of 100

Extraversion 17 out of 100

So my Big 5 correlates to LII, which can be explained by the Creative subtype, a metric that neither Big 5 nor Model A account for.

Ah, I notice I didn't make myself clear in my first post. I wanted people to post the results of each question too, to see if personality traits in one test correlated with answers in the other.

Personally, I don't believe in any P/J switch.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say that my Big5 type corresponds accurately to my Model A type, but does not correspond accurately to my Model G type.