Thread: Do ILEs share their ideas with everyone or is it case by case?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do ILEs share their ideas with everyone or is it case by case?

Will an ILE willingly share their ideas or is their Ne situational only in terms of believing others would actually listen?

My theory on ILE idea sharing is that even though an ILE is an Ne lead, if other people don't care about the ILEs psychological musings an ILE might not share with them.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prolly selective.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 14 year old ILE shares often with me ILI mother, but not to his SEE father fwiw.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interesting thing about an ILEs ideas is that, even if they seem weird to some, I'm pretty certain an ILE could explain any idea they have rather well

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    The interesting thing about an ILEs ideas is that, even if they seem weird to some, I'm pretty certain an ILE could explain any idea they have rather well
    ive heard ppl say that ILEs make no sense, this includes failing to understand ILE's sentences/words. if the ILE is lexically adept and has more unconventional and sophisticated ideas.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    ive heard ppl say that ILEs make no sense, this includes failing to understand ILE's sentences/words. if the ILE is lexically adept and has more unconventional and sophisticated ideas.
    I appreciate the reply

I actually heard that since Ti is an ILEs creative that Ne operates unfiltered, at least initially. It's like the idea comes first, the rationale comes second. Since Ti is an introverted function, the ILE probably cannot properly communicate their reasoning unless they psychologically analyze it first.

I'm not saying ILE are stupid, just sharing an opinion on this socionics discussion

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a huge diff between what the type can do and what they are willing to do

I think SLI and ILE and the most slippery types out of all, at least with SLIs they remain out of sight, so you cant get a hold of them, ILEs will walk past you (figuratively) and flat out ignore you if they are not interested

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the reply

I actually heard that since Ti is an ILEs creative that Ne operates unfiltered, at least initially. It's like the idea comes first, the rationale comes second. Since Ti is an introverted function, the ILE probably cannot properly communicate their reasoning unless they psychologically analyze it first.

I'm not saying ILE are stupid, just sharing an opinion on this socionics discussion
    I'm a little surprised you mentioned that you're not saying ILEs are stupid, I didn't see it that way at all.

It's true of all intuitive base that they are intuitive first and they can easily lack in the "properly communicate their reasoning" departement imo. I see something similar in myself.
    Sometimes, it's great and others it's not.

I think ILE, and IEE, having an extroverted function as base, might be more likely to become verbose on less analyzed idea and that there are people who would deem those ideas gibberish because of that.
    I think as an intuitive base, you gotta learn to analyze ideas and choose your public, otherwise it's easy to alieanate people and that makes you alieanated too.

I'm not sure I'm expressing what I mean properly, but I agree communicating can be tough for ILEs due to their intuitive base function and it's likely they learn early to pick their public.
    It's probably easier for Se leads since they refer to sensorial stuff in an extroverted manner, it's here and now. Not so sure about Si leads.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will an ILE willingly share their ideas or is their Ne situational only in terms of believing others would actually listen?

My theory on ILE idea sharing is that even though an ILE is an Ne lead, if other people don't care about the ILEs psychological musings an ILE might not share with them.
    ILEs are asking types, so they prefer to dialogue. This is different from SLEs, who prefer to monologue.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You learn very quick who to talk to about what with Ne, but that is normal for any type, I'd think. Basic tact

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs share ideas like SEIs share cupcakes. Show up willing to party, and you’ll be included.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know if it is really about their own ideas. Usually they do not make a huge division between them and others.
    Like this
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    I'm a little surprised you mentioned that you're not saying ILEs are stupid, I didn't see it that way at all.

It's true of all intuitive base that they are intuitive first and they can easily lack in the "properly communicate their reasoning" departement imo. I see something similar in myself.
    Sometimes, it's great and others it's not.

I think ILE, and IEE, having an extroverted function as base, might be more likely to become verbose on less analyzed idea and that there are people who would deem those ideas gibberish because of that.
    I think as an intuitive base, you gotta learn to analyze ideas and choose your public, otherwise it's easy to alieanate people and that makes you alieanated too.

I'm not sure I'm expressing what I mean properly, but I agree communicating can be tough for ILEs due to their intuitive base function and it's likely they learn early to pick their public.
    It's probably easier for Se leads since they refer to sensorial stuff in an extroverted manner, it's here and now. Not so sure about Si leads.
    You're explaining pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    ILEs are asking types, so they prefer to dialogue. This is different from SLEs, who prefer to monologue.
    Are you saying that if an ILE isn't likely to get dialogue, they're not likely to share their ideas with others?

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    ILEs share ideas like SEIs share cupcakes. Show up willing to party, and you’ll be included.
    Pretty sure this makes sense.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that if an ILE isn't likely to get dialogue, they're not likely to share their ideas with others?

They actually have a tendency to interject in conversations and treat dialogue as a free flow process in which people can share indiscriminately.

Askers
    -Tendency to dialogue.
    -Much of what an asker says seems more question-like, even statements.
    -Always, as the other person talks, affirm the receipt of information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    -Can talk to an audience as a whole very well.
    -Starts talking at times expecting someone to get interested and start paying attention.
    -Has a tendency to interrupt and feels comfortable pausing half way on the speech and with "questions allowed all the time" way, returning to what was said later if necessary.
    -Quite often asks a non-rhetorical question and answers it himself.
    -Often just asks questions to fill in time, without serious need to actually find the information asked.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

To a Ne valuer, the ideas might make sense and they might be more willing to share them from that standpoint, but around a non Ne-valuer, things might get "lost in translation" per-se. I know that I like to understand the logic behind the idea/concept itself and see if it makes sense rather than the possibilities of the idea.

As I am driven by Se, I want it to make sense in the real world, rather than the conceptual and I can see where this naturally can and will cause confusion (Ne vs Se). I understand the idea from a logical standpoint, but I don't care for the conceptual/meta aspects in the same way that an ILE would.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    They actually have a tendency to interject in conversations and treat dialogue as a free flow process in which people can share indiscriminately.

Askers
    -Tendency to dialogue.
    -Much of what an asker says seems more question-like, even statements.
    -Always, as the other person talks, affirm the receipt of information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    -Can talk to an audience as a whole very well.
    -Starts talking at times expecting someone to get interested and start paying attention.
    -Has a tendency to interrupt and feels comfortable pausing half way on the speech and with "questions allowed all the time" way, returning to what was said later if necessary.
    -Quite often asks a non-rhetorical question and answers it himself.
    -Often just asks questions to fill in time, without serious need to actually find the information asked.
    An ILE would probably enjoy that their idea provoked interesting conversation. Even if an ILE shared an idea with another ILE, if the idea did not provoke interesting conversation he may not share ideas with that ILE again. I mean, dialogue pretty much alludes to some sorta conversation.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dane Horlock View Post
    To a Ne valuer, the ideas might make sense and they might be more willing to share them from that standpoint, but around a non Ne-valuer, things might get "lost in translation" per-se. I know that I like to understand the logic behind the idea/concept itself and see if it makes sense rather than the possibilities of the idea.

As I am driven by Se, I want it to make sense in the real world, rather than the conceptual and I can see where this naturally can and will cause confusion (Ne vs Se). I understand the idea from a logical standpoint, but I don't care for the conceptual/meta aspects in the same way that an ILE would.
    What's interesting is that an SLE might actually have a cooler time with an SLI than even an LSI. From the replies I've heard here, ILEs share ideas with any type who probably seem interested in what the ILE has to say

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience they won't necessarily share with *everyone*, but they do often have trouble determining whether or not someone is interested in hearing their ideas. I think especially overly polite people who have trouble expressing clearly that they aren't interested may be at great risk of being cornered by an excited ILE. I don't think ILEs intend to share with people who aren't interested though. It's just that they may easily misread subtle signals or miss them entirely
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ILE would probably enjoy that their idea provoked interesting conversation. Even if an ILE shared an idea with another ILE, if the idea did not provoke interesting conversation he may not share ideas with that ILE again. I mean, dialogue pretty much alludes to some sorta conversation.
    Possibly. I've known some asking types who will just go on and on regardless of how well someone's listening because they expect that they'll eventually get feedback if they just keep talking. Depends on the scale of introversion<-->extraversion and health levels.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    In my experience they won't necessarily share with *everyone*, but they do often have trouble determining whether or not someone is interested in hearing their ideas. I think especially overly polite people who have trouble expressing clearly that they aren't interested may be at great risk of being cornered by an excited ILE. I don't think ILEs intend to share with people who aren't interested though. It's just that they may easily misread subtle signals or miss them entirely
    I'd imagine an ILE might know their audience to the point where they don't suggest healthy meat products to a zealous vegan. If an ILE met a person at a sporting event, he or she might suggest an idea for a recreational activity. Would that person want to listen to ILEs idea just because they met a sporting event?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always some kind of logical structure to the idea so it's easy to explain. To think of something extraordinary, and figure out a way to make it possible.

As to the original question, it becomes quickly apparent whether people are interested, able to comprehend, or supportive of them. Share to those who will listen.