Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What’s My Type?: Random Thoughts and Lesser Discussions Thread

I thought the forum could use a thread like this.
    It is intended to be used for What’s My Type?-esque posts that don’t warrant starting a new thread for exhaustive investigation into a person’s type.

Examples of what this thread is NOT for:
    - straight up requesting that you or somebody else be typed (rather, the thread is for understanding and questioning known typings, why a type was concluded, how the typing process works, and how to type others as well as oneself)
    - posting type me videos and pics
    - posting questionnaires
    - etc. (just use common sense please)

Examples of what this thread is for:
    - better understanding the typing process and why certain conclusions are drawn
    - people who have occasional but short-lived “Omg what if I am actually XXX type instead!?” concerns
    - discerning and understanding our personal/idiosyncratic ways of being a particular sociotype
    - discerning differences between sociotype and personal conditions
    - challenging a forum member’s type because you’re an asshole (ugh, I hope I don’t regret inviting this here)
    - providing forum members with personally tailored information to understand their or others’ sociotype (when it is wanted, not just because you think they need it)
    - etc. (just use common sense please)
    Last edited by Djinn; 03-19-2022 at 12:54 AM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate so much to having 4D Ni and Fe as well as 1D Si and Te that I question my type often.
    When I read G’s book I could relate better to what he claimed was the surest giveaway for EIE more than I could his surest sign of IEI, but I could relate to the lesser observations of IEI better than EIE. In DCNH, I could relate to more of the IEI subtype descriptions than EIE ones, yet one particular EIE subtype description seemed to be a better fit than most of the IEI ones. I also think I fit EIE Reinin dichotomies better fwiw. The main reason I concluded IEI was because the IP temperament seemed like a perfect match, but I wonder if that is really my natural self. It’s possible my EJ temperament could be overwritten by being enneagram 5 and dealing with depression. Although, it could be possible that my Fe and Fi functions could be distorted due to cluster B disorder, so that also makes it difficult to discern. So yeah, I wonder about my type often. If I could be a type with 4D Ni and Fe with 1D Si and Te I would claim that type without hesitation.
    Last edited by Djinn; 03-19-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Grandpa View Post
    I honestly don't think e5 and EJ temperament can go together unless there's a lot of internal conflict/cognitive dissonance.

As a probable EIE, I can't stand Si. Si heavy individuals stress me out. I relate to all of the EIE descriptions in G's book but rarely the IEI ones.
    I am one of the people who think any sociotype can have any enneatype, and that the correlation doesn’t necessitate causation. I think it is possible for sociotypes to be predisposed to developing certain enneatypes, but there is no hard rule. I think when observing superficialities of the types, we can become fixated on symptomatology and forget about etiology. It would seem, as far as I am aware, that there is no etiological basis to connect socionics with enneagram.
    It is my knowledge that E5 is about alienation from the world, then society, then the self at the most extreme before resigning oneself to oblivion. The basis of which is rooted in a sense of not fitting in and thus requiring an arbitrary level of competence and worthiness to be accepted. At their best, E5 become confident and adopt what is considered E8 behaviors, and E8 isn’t thought to be introverted at all. With that said, I see no reason to exclude an Exxj type from being an E5.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I relate so much to having 4D Ni and Fe as well as 4D Si and Te that I question my type often.
    When I read G’s book I could relate better to what he claimed was the surest giveaway for EIE more than I could his surest sign of IEI, but I could relate to the lesser observations of IEI better than EIE. In DCNH, I could relate to more of the IEI subtype descriptions than EIE ones, yet one particular EIE subtype description seemed to be a better fit than most of the IEI ones. I also think I fit EIE Reinin dichotomies better fwiw. The main reason I concluded IEI was because the IP temperament seemed like a perfect match, but I wonder if that is really my natural self. It’s possible my EJ temperament could be overwritten by being enneagram 5 and dealing with depression. Although, it could be possible that my Fe and Fi functions could be distorted due to cluster B disorder, so that also makes it difficult to discern. So yeah, I wonder about my type often. If I could be a type with 4D Ni and Fe with 1D Si and Te I would claim that type without hesitation.
    Have you considered any other type? Maybe a type that correlates with what you know about yourself?

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Grandpa View Post
    E5 is highly correlated with IXTx types, and to some extent INFx, because it's very internally focused and often relatively disengaged. That will naturally clash with an EIE's 4D Fe. An EIE can't have both 4D Fe and 4D Ni because one function is going to dominate. The dominant function will just be second nature... It colors our worldview subconsciously. The creative function, by contrast, is usually the one that we are the most conscious/deliberate about. For me, Ni is used towards planning, goals, vision... I struggle to have the deep open-ended mental landscape that IXIs tend to have.

I used to type as e5 EIE back in the day but there was just way too much mental gymnastics for it to fit.
    Well, when I was younger and less healthy in an enneagram sense, I definitely did come across as an IxTx type in a superficial sort of way (when I learned about MBTI I thought I was INTJ, and then ILI when getting into socionics. I had pretty much been acting like those types for years even before learning about typology which never did me any favors, and even my ITR was distorted.) I would pore over learning material and my thoughts to better understand how never to fail in the world before ever daring to act on anything. I was trying to obtain mastery through theory without practice. And you’re right, E5 probably does clash with using Fe. Actually, it probably clashes with any form of extraversion you can think of, in a socionics sense or otherwise, as it is all about withdrawing from external reality. I’d say I actually internalize my Fe very often, like I hold it back because I am not sure it is safe to engage external reality even if I may be mentally focused on it. That could go for being an Fe dom or creative. However, I’ve noticed that 1D Fe types really draw out my Fe in ways that surprise me. With Fe PoLR I can’t help but see how they fuck up the emotional atmosphere and I always get antsy to amend, and with Fe suggestive I usually become bothered by their lack of Fe so I start acting weird or dramatic trying to get them involved. With Fe mobilizing types I just sort of smile and nod, and support whatever Fe shit they are trying to do. I must admit that I still am not entirely sure which ITR there I feel most comfortable with. But anyway, I digress.

I still need to figure out what exactly is going on with my type and its manifestation because it has always seemed a bit off to me. IEI works the best by far until you introduce subtypes, then EIE suddenly seems more plausible. Ego function subtypes always have me pegged with Ni accentuation, but DCNH gets trickier. Suddenly, EIE-H becomes arguably the most accurate sociotype description of me with IEI anything being runner-up to it. It’s weird for sure.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Have you considered any other type? Maybe a type that correlates with what you know about yourself?
    I had to edit because I meant to say 1D Si and Te at the top.

Nah, just beta NF seems plausible at this point, well, for years now. Stopped looking into it much because IEI worked pretty well. I like SLE and LSI pretty much equally, but the thing is, I may not have a very good grasp of ITR because my ITR has been exclusively terrible my whole life. I’m talking about just Si egos, rarely ever any Ti, and certainly no Se. I’ve been able to actually acquaint myself with beta quadra recently and I just find that I like all of them, although I have not had as much interaction with them as I should to draw conclusions just yet, so it is hard for me to discern specific ITR. I like the SLEs and get comfy with them instantly, but it’s almost too nice in a way (if that even makes sense lol) I am starting to suspect they may be activity rather than duals like I suspected. I connect with LSI as strongly right off the bat (so far, at least) but I find that they keep me grounded in a way that surprises and excites me. I hate it but love it at the same time.

I just don’t think I have enough experience with good ITR, and too much with bad ITR to really know what I’m dealing with yet. I think people should be wary of jumping to conclusions about ITR in practice when they don’t have enough experience interacting with the type they think the other person is.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I had to edit because I meant to say 1D Si and Te at the top.

Nah, just beta NF seems plausible at this point, well, for years now. Stopped looking into it much because IEI worked pretty well. I like SLE and LSI pretty much equally, but the thing is, I may not have a very good grasp of ITR because my ITR has been exclusively terrible my whole life. I’m talking about just Si egos, rarely ever any Ti, and certainly no Se. I’ve been able to actually acquaint myself with beta quadra recently and I just find that I like all of them, although I have not had as much interaction with them as I should to draw conclusions just yet, so it is hard for me to discern specific ITR. I like the SLEs and get comfy with them instantly, but it’s almost too nice in a way (if that even makes sense lol) I am starting to suspect they may be activity rather than duals like I suspected. I connect with LSI as strongly right off the bat (so far, at least) but I find that they keep me grounded in a way that surprises and excites me. I hate it but love it at the same time.

I just don’t think I have enough experience with good ITR, and too much with bad ITR to really know what I’m dealing with yet. I think people should be wary of jumping to conclusions about ITR in practice when they don’t have enough experience interacting with the type they think the other person is.
    Ok. The correction gave me clarity. Thank you.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you’re right, E5 probably does clash with using Fe.
    5 Sx works well with IEI , but not with other Fe egos

As for other instincts, if it came with xEIs , they will definitely be PiTi ( underdeveloped Fe )
    Souls know their way back home

06956596-75BE-4BB0-BBAE-C7156EF920FE.jpeg

what types would be like this?? Bc I’m exactly like that and it’s grated on past partners nerves bc they’d expect me to show some sort of emotion in the heat of the moment when arguing but all they get is the exact opposite and it makes them think I don’t care enough as they do lol
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”