Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with LII-IEI relationships in particular?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's up with LII-IEI relationships in particular?

LII-IEI relationships are common as fuck. What makes these two personality types draw to one another?

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can talk to them about things others find boring or fail to connect to. thinks IEEs dont like, SEE, SLE get overwhelmed by and cant talk back, xSE find meaningless, Si lead find meaningless a lot of the time or do not provide me questions or smth else to make me think further,
    a lot of the time ppl dislike or dont know how to interact with LIIs over time and some of the time IEI and LII are both responsive to each other.
    ive also heard about ILI-EII pairs. actually more than LII IEI
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

both ppl kinda protect the loser nerd of the other often as both are sympathetic to 1D Se issues. I had this LII buddy in high school that followed me around everywhere and it was cute. although i think i said before can be 'surprisingly sadistic' at times and assholeish. I think the LII gets dissapointed in the IEI about something and then lashes out kinda too hatefully. but over-all... pretty good. I mean there's not a lot of 'haha you actually were afraid of that you loser!' going on ime. My dad was LII, it was pretty nice.

at first I thought u said LIE-IEI and lol I think with that like i said before- it's much better 1v1 but in groups the supervision douchebag of LIE is a lot more douchebaggery. I am kinda shocked how Fi valuing soulful LIEs are 1v1 at times.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Life lesson: Don't expect too much from your benefactors- it will always crush you. At the beginning it's like 'aww they are cool' but yeah don't put them on a pedastal only to get mad at them when they fall off lol...

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard IEIs are romantics and LIIs tend to feed IEIs with the type of attention the IEIs romantic heart really longs for.

Hearing an IEI or LIIs opinion is definitely more interesting than my guess

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think it's that much at all. Being romantic with a LII? Awkkkkkwaaaaaaaard.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The female IEIs have a nurturing soft spot for the infantile LII.

Also LII shares holographic panoramic cognition with SLE, so there's that.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I don't think it's that much at all. Being romantic with a LII? Awkkkkkwaaaaaaaard.
    I guess you're just a unique IEI. I had an IEI friend who was the ultimate chameleon. She met an LII, dated him and slid into a Pokemon obsession cause he was into it. Of the IEIs I've heard about, Pokemon was never truly an interest of theirs. I'd chalk this behavior to chameleonism but I'm not an IEI.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    The female IEIs have a nurturing soft spot for the infantile LII.

Also LII shares holographic panoramic cognition with SLE, so there's that.
    What is holographic panoramic cognition? I'd read about it but..... I'd rather drink beer

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    What is holographic panoramic cognition? I'd read about it but..... I'd rather drink beer
    Oh dude. It's a mouthful.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Victor-Gulenko

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you talking romantic relationships or just friendships?

I don't think they're really common romantically but IEIs are generally nice people with similar interests as me, so we find a lot of common ground.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I don't think they're really common romantically but IEIs are generally nice people with similar interests as me, so we find a lot of common ground.
    Which types are common for LIIs romantically in your opinion?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post

Other LIIs, mostly.

On the other hand, my sister is LII and her most long-lasting relationships were with an EIE and an LSE.

There was a guy before these two, when she was a teenager, who was a motorcycle-riding, alcoholic, drug-abusing misogynist, but everyone in the family hated him and he blindsided her by marrying some other woman. I believe the bride was obviously pregnant at the wedding.
    An LII has gotta get some practice somewhere, right?

There was a guy between them, whom she was married to, who might have been an ILI, but I'm very much not certain of that. All I can say for sure is that he was tall, dark, handsome, in the Coast Guard, didn't say much, and spent nearly all his time playing video games and she left him when he spent $5k on a new gaming system.

She said that the EIE really understood her but he was terrible in bed (Victim to her Infantile) and they would have killed each other had they tried to get married.

She is now married to an LSE whom she does not get along with at all, but she said he was the best guy in bed that she'd ever had, so she built a relationship around that.

I'd say that LIIs date other LIIs, and they like EIEs over ESEs, in my limited experience.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-12-2022 at 03:25 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have never seen an IEI who was with an LII, but I've seen about five IEIs either married to, attracted to, or divorced from ILEs. ILEs can seem like smart SLEs until the ILEs are revealed to be Infantiles.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-12-2022 at 03:27 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    In other words, I'm better off with a mouthful of beer. Thanks

Romantic relationships.

I really can't speak on their relationship dynamic myself. From what I hear IEI & LII get romantically involved often. Asking members here might be interesting.

LII seem to take pride in being protective and responsible toward their loved ones. IEI seem to appreciate being under somebody's protective wing

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I have never seen an IEI who was with an LII, but I've seen about five IEIs either married to, attracted to, or divorced from ILEs. ILEs can seem like smart SLEs until they are revealed as Infantiles.
    If I were one of those two ILEs you just wrote about I'd just try and hook up with IEIs who were more fluid with relational choices. But yeah, thanks for speaking on how all Ni-egos actually hate infantiles.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I were one of those two ILEs you just wrote about I'd just try and hook up with IEIs who were more fluid with relational choices. But yeah, thanks for speaking on how all Ni-egos actually hate infantiles.
    I don't know how strongly IEIs hate Infantiles immediately, because a couple of them married ILEs, but I can say that after a few years of living with them, yes, they hated them.

I guess I'm an Ni-ego, and I normally stay far away from Infantiles, but I will admit to feeling a low level attraction to EIIs. Not enough to act on it, but there's a lot there that appeals.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have never seen an IEI who was with an LII, but I've seen about five IEIs either married to, attracted to, or divorced from ILEs. ILEs can seem like smart SLEs until the ILEs are revealed to be Infantiles.
    I see your point. I tend to see victims as absolute cowards.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII-IEI relationships are common as fuck. What makes these two personality types draw to one another?
    Are you sure about this? I have never noticed it. Could they be mistyped LII-SEI or LSI-IEI? Activation is pretty common.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I fancy LIIs in the same way I don’t fancy EII. It just doesn’t happen. I think I might get a weird crush on them but I think it would be mild. I’ve come to think of them as sexy from learning about their personality type but I don’t know if I’d ever fancy one in real life. I’m sure there is one of every type out there that would truly tempt a person lol. I actually see SLEs as a more fanciable version of LIIs. I also see a bit of LII in SEIs..honestly I see LII as my moral equal of all the types, however, I don’t know, I might find it hard to communicate my true values to them so this is why they might not see me the same way? Lady Di and Charles were IEI and LII..but Charles always secretly loved ESE Camilla. There are some harrowing scenes in The Crown where Diana is so deeply depressed. Charles just doesn’t seem to understand her grief and that she feels so alone and unloved. They do have some happy moments though..a few. (Edit) oh and I don’t mean to suggest LIIs don’t understand IEI depression, but I think things get miscommunicated. Obvs Charles was having an affair with Camilla too and they were under a lot of pressure as a couple. But you get the impression he just lost interest in Diana the more depressed she got.

Similarly, I see myself as sharing qualities with ESEs. Novelist Diana Gabaldon is my ESE idol. I relate so much to the way she writes about love. Something noble and sacred. Also fun..the show is known for its dramatic sex scenes LOL.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-12-2022 at 12:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah was meaning to write about this elsewhere. As much I try to tell myself I prefer SEE over ILE, I often come back to the same thought. But ILE are nicer..Maybe semi-duality can only be appreciated once you’re in it. Or maybe IEI are too picky about their partners being nice enough lol. No wait…they don’t need to be perfectly nice, but they need to be nice enough towards me. So I think semi-duality can seem a little lacking because semi-duals put themselves before each-other according to the theory? Hmm. An SEE putting themselves first doesn’t sound good lol. But I guess if they are a nice SEE it’s ok……..

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    I see your point. I tend to see victims as absolute cowards.
    Not SEIs..

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know how strongly IEIs hate Infantiles immediately, because a couple of them married ILEs, but I can say that after a few years of living with them, yes, they hated them.

I guess I'm an Ni-ego, and I normally stay far away from Infantiles, but I will admit to feeling a low level attraction to EIIs. Not enough to act on it, but there's a lot there that appeals.
    Not hate, but it just clashes erotically. I don't wanna go into too much detail obviously because it's private but yeah lol. Well I admit that sometimes I get peeved at ILEs. Well there is sometimes lots of affection between ILE and IEIs but it doesn't last it's just really fleeting. And oftentimes ILEs and IEIs can criticize each other a lot instead of enjoy each other's company.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

NT males are the worst to be honest. T types so they are ethically retarded but N types so they aren't in their bodies good enough and lack sensor skills and just want to talk too much instead of actually doing things. Socializing is great and all, but I fall in love with doing. SLE tanked bullies for me IRL - THAT WAS DOING SOMETHING. IT WAS SO HOT.

I was a jerk to one of my iLE friends... maybe I should be nicer, but it's like they are immune to your jerkiness anyway and just bigger jerks themselves. NT females are okay but god the males....

sorry derail.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Not SEIs..
    No, they are not. They are not followers due to their insecurities. Victims by definition are 100 % like that.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an IEI can appreciate the communication style that is the Fe-Ti dichotomy but may not like the erotic style that is Ni-Ne.

For the record, IEI-LII IS a common relation with the IEI I've met. With these IEI, I'm pretty sure they are not comparing their LIIs to SLEs. LIIs (as beneficiaries) might, indeed, follow IEIs around and these IEIs end up flattering themselves with this type of attention. LIIs do like Fe and certain IEIs really exude that function.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps well-developed Ti Mobilising in IEIs? It's quite common in the more "cerebral" ones like.. say Billy Corgan. They can be an interesting bunch.
    LIIs seem to like ebullient/Fe types anyhow and so in regards to that specific match they're different enough, yet similar enough (in terms of Intuition usage and so on) and some people look for that type of similarity in relationships.. irrespective of the fact whether that's the most optimal thing to have in terms of long-term relationships but that's for another topic.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Not hate, but it just clashes erotically. I don't wanna go into too much detail obviously because it's private but yeah lol. Well I admit that sometimes I get peeved at ILEs. Well there is sometimes lots of affection between ILE and IEIs but it doesn't last it's just really fleeting. And oftentimes ILEs and IEIs can criticize each other a lot instead of enjoy each other's company.
    Hearing your...well..... psychological honesty is kinda why I started this thread. In [l]theory[/l], all IEI would dislike LIIs ego use of Ne but only on a unconscious psychological level. IEI and LII could also clash on the emotivist/constructivist dichotomy but the IEI I've met mentally play into the "damsel in distress" role too much to give a fuck about an LIIs emotivism. Of course, I'm not an LII or an IEI

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    No, they are not. They are not followers due to their insecurities. Victims by definition are 100 % like that.
    I've known SEIs to be quite cowardly. IEIs are able to accept this about SEIs because they know that they try to be brave. IEIs are not cowardly, they have strong value systems and will shape their life around those values as integrity is important to them. Being easy-going doesn't make a person cowardly in my opinion. SEIs sometimes need moral guidance on what the correct or brave thing to do is, which is why ILE, the philosopher, is their dual. In my experience, IEE is the most cowardly. Similarly to SEI I think they get overwhelmed with anxiety (or sometimes excitement?) and go into fight, flight or freeze mode, which can cloud their decision making. As semi-duals they can perhaps balance each other out. IEEs would not see themselves as cowardly though as I don't think they are conscious of their mistakes at the time they make them. They try hard to always do the right thing, so it seems unfair to call them cowardly, but it's the trying so hard that causes them to collapse under the weight of their own pressure and sometimes utterly fail.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-12-2022 at 03:31 PM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany;[URL="tel:1506919"
    1506919[/URL]]I've known SEIs to be quite cowardly. IEIs are able to accept this about SEIs because they know that they try to be brave. IEIs are not cowardly, they have strong value systems and will shape their life around those values as integrity is important to them. Being easy-going doesn't make a person cowardly in my opinion. SEIs sometimes need moral guidance on what the correct or brave thing to do is, which is why ILE, the philosopher, is their dual. In my experience, IEE is the most cowardly. Similarly to SEI I think they get overwhelmed with anxiety (or sometimes excitement?) and go into fight, flight or freeze mode, which can cloud their decision making. As semi-duals they can perhaps balance each other out. IEEs would not see themselves as cowardly though as I don't think they are conscious of their mistakes at the time they make them. They try hard to always do the right thing, so it seems unfair to call them cowardly, but it's the trying so hard that causes them to collapse under the weight of their own pressure and sometimes utterly fail.
    Lol, IEI are cowards

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI are usually quick to hide under another's protective wing. From my experience, if an IEI is intimidated they will defer to someone they believe is better. One of an IEIs talents is asking for favors in a very "sweet" and kind way. SEIs may whine about things but will attempt to do their best in the task. If the task is too much they may seek other ideas (Ne) in how to accomplish the goal

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that IEIs are not conventionally Se forceful, but rather use Ni to get their way.

The ones I've known all seem to have stubbornly held opinions, but they don't always reveal these to other people.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that IEIs are not conventionally Se forceful, but rather use Ni to get their way.

The ones I've known all seem to have stubbornly held opinions, but they don't always reveal these to other people.
    Interestingly, social media is a place IEIs might share those opinions. LII generally enjoy the internet as a social platform to to discuss, perhaps, unusual opinions. One on one, IEI and LII could, indeed, flatter one another with unusual insights even if said LII and IEI were in disagreement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Lol, IEI are cowards
    Yeah, I agree with you and disagree with Bethany. SEIs may be gentle people, but when push comes to shove, they're capable of standing their ground -- that's how Se-ignoring works, and theirs is 3D, so they can be capable in a confrontation even if they dislike it. IEIs are entirely reliant on other's Se. If they get into a fight, they're more likely to run and hide behind a SLE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII and IEI are the best types, that's what they have in common really..they are the most noble in character. No wonder they like each other

SEI are more like LSI (and I respect both a lot), grand principles but sometimes don't live up to them..? It's probably what makes them so likeable, they have that look of sadness, like they are resigned to keep trying.

Ok I'll put my hands up- I find LIIs a bit grating, the way they talk or something. But I honestly don't come across them much. I think if I take the lead they relax a bit and soften up.

I moved to a new building at work recently and this lady I know to be intelligent and impressive stopped me in the corridor twice and we had the strangest interaction- it was like a meet cute, I mean maybe she's gay and was checking me out but maybe she's just LII and could see into me, that's how it feels like they're looking through my mind or trying to.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-12-2022 at 10:11 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Socially extroverted types who will actually initiate relationships.

LII seem to take pride in being protective and responsible toward their loved ones. IEI seem to appreciate being under somebody's protective wing
    That seems highly non-specific to LIIs - why would an Se vulnerable type want to protect anyone?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They share their duals cognition, like @Rune said.

IEIs are Fe egos + positivist, which is a godly combo

As romantic interests I’d rank them third after IEE and ESE, but for friendship they are first. It’s the type that taught me most how to enjoy life and express myself.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems highly non-specific to LIIs - why would an Se vulnerable type want to protect anyone?
    LOL! I actually bursted out laughing.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're assuming I mean protective from an Se perspective rather than from an Si or humane perspective. How many LII cops do you believe work in the streets? Nobody put guns to their heads, persuading them into police work. LIIs do have rules on how they believe society ought to function. To suggest LIIs are absolute cowherds because their Se is polr is fuckin' retarded.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    LOL! I actually bursted out laughing.
    Which tells me how much of a moron you probably are.

Please walk up to an LII & punch him in the face, harm their family or their spouse cause you'll regret doing that. To suggest an LII will cry and just avoid those particular types of conflict either means you are stupid or you take socionics definitions too seriously.

LIIs will protect people they love. It may or may not be through Se but they will protect them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast