Thread: New Test - Does it work?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Test - Does it work?

Choose one of the four headings that describes you best, and then choose one of the associated sub-headings which describes you best.

Theoretical + Idealistic
    …giving consideration to practicality (INTj/ENTp)
    …giving consideration to social relations (INFp/ENFj)

Theoretical + Practical
    …giving consideration to idealism (INTp/ENTj)
    …giving consideration to social relations (ISTj/ESTp)

Social + Practical
    …giving consideration to idealism (ISFj/ESFp)
    …giving consideration to theory (ISTp/ESTj)

Social + Idealistic
    …giving consideration to practicality (ISFp/ESFj)
    …giving consideration to theory (INFj/ENFp)

NEXT STAGE
    If you are NT type, ask yourself whether Feeling or Sensing describes you better. If you choose Sensing then you have an irrational type (ENTp/INTp). If you choose Feeling then you have a rational type (ENTj/INTj).

It is hoped that by now you should know your type.

Now for your subtype...

SUBTYPES
    If you are INTj, ask yourself what you are more influenced by: Intuition (N) or Thinking (T)?

Thinking
    - interested in systems, structures, patterns
    - expose everything to logical analysis
    - relatively cold and unemotional
    - evaluate things by intellect and right or wrong
    - have difficulties talking about feelings
    - do not like to clear up arguments or quarrels

Intuition
    - mostly in the past or in the future
    - worry about the future more than the present
    - interested in everything new and unusual
    - do not like routine
    - attracted more to the theory than the practice
    - often have doubts

If Intuition describes you better than Thinking, then you are an INTj with an intuitive subtype. Otherwise you are an INTJ with a logical subtype or an INTJ with a balance between subtypes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are absolutly sure you are not ENTj? :wink: ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K, just checking ... I like your mini test, but they confuse me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ending up with INFJ for this one. But were close...

Heres the problem... I find myself split. I am most certaninly not a practical person, so I can rule two of the categories out, but here comes the hitter. I'm not at all social. I don't in any means concider myself a social person, and I never have. When it comes to social indevors, for the most part, I couldn't care less. I have a couple close friends, and I spend many days not talking to any of them. I also don't really participate in social events such as parties and such, so- NOT social.

Theoretical, on the other hand, is a bit of different story. The problem, again, lies in how you look at the definition of the word. Theory can simply be looked at as a opinion or conclusion based on limited evidence or inconclusive data. I'm very opinionated- I make many conclusions, and I'm not exactly absorbing numbers or looking at data pools to reach them. So, in other words, I can look at myself as being theoretical. And compared to being social- i subject myself to the opinions and conclusions made within my own mind more then I so to other people. Theoretical beats social in a self description by a landslide. Mainly, because I'm nowhere near what I'd concider to be a social person. Infact, even if theoretical didn't perticularly describe me, It still would more than being a social person, because I concider that very much a description of what I am not, an opposing description.

Level of Socialization, mainly I'd say, simply goes along with extroversion.

The other problem is going to be with the extroverts taking this test. Personally, I doubt that ENTJs, ENFJs, ENTPs, and ESTPs would all see themselves as more theoretical then social people.

Lastly, I'm not sure about others, but I didn't really realize that I was all that Idealistic until I tested and made the realization to myself that I truely was a bit of an idealist. This comparison (Ideal vs. Practical) works for me just because I'm so far from a practical person, but, for others who don't truely realize that they're an idealistic person, and are more practical than an INFP, this may create some issues. For ENTJs/INTJs especially, because they're idealistic but are also thinking types, they may see themselves as more practical then idealistic. I could see this creating friction.

So, basicly, to sum things up, some words need to be changed. First off, before anything, I think I'd find another word to replace social, because that will effect the most types, and then edit the other words as needed from there.

Hope I helped. We'll get this one, we got the last test working good didn't we? :wink:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Bottom and Transigent:

Thanks for your input, which I appreciate. I have taken what you've said into account and have amended the test. Please see above.

I thought I might have got it wrong. And I did.

Also Harry, the previous test did not work as some people said in private messages that they did not understand it. again.

Transigent: do you feel you give more consideration to practicality than social relations? My estimation is that NTs give more consideration to practicality than social relations. What I'm trying to do is make a distinction between "being practical" and "giving consideration to practicality". Does it work?

Please tell me what you think about the test now? Thanks.

I'm sorry for being a pain, but I really want to get this right.

Your input has been valuable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came out ENFj -- does not surprise me a bit ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, came out ENFj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Hugo has hit an interesting point here, because my own typology test has tried to argue consistently that I am an ENFj when it analyzes my functions ... quite interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guest was me ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works for me now. The only problem I could see now is still with the social thing, although it works for me... are you sure an ISTP i going to see themselves as more social then theoretical? I doubt it. Also, a lot of those other introveted types under the social classification may see themselves, although they are feeling types, as more theretical then they are social... because they may, as I did, feel very far from being social. There are very few introverts that will go to classify themselves as social people. The social thing may also have issues for shy, thinking type extroverts, because they may feel that they are more theoretical then social. I think your best bet at this point would be to find a new word to replace social because it's going to create the most issues here. When it comes to introversion/extroversion there are a lot of factors and life experiences that play in and people may see themselves as differently then they truely are, therefor creating a bit of a bug in this quick testing system. Thats the best I can help at this point.

About the last test, it seemed pretty concrete at the end... if you possibly just beefed up the descriptions so people would "understand it" and make itr more for, you know, a "know nothing audience", then I couldn't really see any errors with that test.

I leave this with an Emoticon like I always do. Here it goes...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run into the same problem with the Theoretical/Idealistic sub-choices.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say - I'm getting interesting results, but don't know why.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    About the last test, it seemed pretty concrete at the end... if you possibly just beefed up the descriptions so people would "understand it" and make itr more for, you know, a "know nothing audience", then I couldn't really see any errors with that test.
    I think you're right.

By the way, here is the first ever test that I made:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...301&highlight=

...perhaps I should not have given up on it.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(sorry to answer -that- much late ^^;; I'm having connection problems ^^

It hits INFp for me ^^;; I'm more idealistic than social ^^; (Maybe i'm not INFj but that's so far too odd to consider at this point, I just fit descriptions and A-Model way too well ^^

If i go for INFj and get in the subtype question I'll again fall into Intuitive subtype, which is, i believe, the truth

The minitest really -looks- promising. So far it -seems- to work, if we assign types differently. Types seem to react accordingly to it quite well ^^;

*koneko cheers Hugo to keep on developing his test*
    Balzac

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)