TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OSPP Four Temperaments Test

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/O4TS/

Post your results on this thread. Also, this link shows descriptions of combinations of your two top temperaments.

https://fourtemperaments.com/15-temperament-blends/#1456996791931-94147e57-24ed
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.

Choleric 16
    Melancholic 14
    Sanguine 17
    Phlegmatic 9

I took this on my phone last night and got Sanguine and Melancholic as my first and second. I think Sanguine-Choleric sounds too combative to be me. Sanguine-Melancholic makes more sense for me.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melancholic 13
    Phlegmatic 12
    Choleric 8
    Sanguine 6
    Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
    Other surveys

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 4
    Melancholic 9
    Sanguine 18
    Phlegmatic 14
    Description of your temperament

Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.

I'm not tardy nor talkative, but okay.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this! A three minute quiz.

Aw, Sanguine. One of my students is an extreme Sanguine. Perhaps a dash of Choleric.

Results:

Choleric
    Melancholic
    Sanguine
    Phlegmatic

The Sanguine-Phlegmatic is driven by two temperament needs. The primary need is to be accepted socially. The secondary need is to accommodate others. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation.

When the Sanguine and the Phlegmatic natural tendencies are combined, it produces a people-person who is accommodating to the needs of others. They are more relationship oriented and consistent than the other Sanguine combinations. This combination naturally relates well to others and they maintain lasting relationships.

The Sanguine-Phlegmatic needs to be with people most of the time, but some of the time they need to be alone. When alone they will likely rest or sleep. They often become drowsy when sitting still after only a few minutes. They are independent minded and can be very stubborn. Once they establish a routine it can be difficult for them to change. They are very trusting of others and place importance on enduring relationships. It is not unusual for them to keep relationships they formed in kindergarten throughout their life-span; they are loyal to their friends. They are optimistic and full of hope. Most Sanguine-Phlegmatics will smile easily and often.

The Sanguine-Phlegmatic has a calming, friendly, accepting presence. They are disarming with their warm, empathic, and understanding approach. They possess a casual kind of poise in social situations. People tend to seek them out (even strangers) to share their problems because they are perceived to be approachable and good listeners. Children are easily drawn to them because they feel accepted in their presence. Although doing details and organizational things give them difficulty at times, they are able to do them quite well. They can be great administrators. The Sanguine-Phlegmatic works very well with others because they are optimistic, accepting, and accommodating. The Sanguine-Phlegmatic is a frequently found combination.

_

My comment on this:
    I feel like my rest time is only sometimes resting or sleeping. I am susceptible to binges of rest time especially at times when I am feeling conflicted in my priorities, so, to avoid that, I often fast from screen time or do some menial project related to the direction I want to go in. I often carve out blocks of time for projects. In that I am very goal-oriented, and once I am onto a project I can go and go and go. Its harder to start working than finish working for me. I am inpatient with interruptions when I am really focused on a large project.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, cool, my husband took it.
    My husband took the test: He is SLI-Si. Do any othe4r Duals here register as a "flip” the wy our types do? Our flip is practically perfect. I am curious.

Choleric
    Melancholic
    Sanguine
    Phlegmatic

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

THE HIGH "S" | (Phlegmatic) BLENDS
    THE HARMONIZER | S-I (Phlegmatic-Sanguine)

The Plegmatic -Sanguine combination is driven by two temperament needs. The primary temperament need is to be accommodating. The secondary need is to be accepted socially. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation.

When the Phlegmatic and the Sanguine natural tendencies are combined, it produces an accommodating, people-oriented person who is routine, friendly, and tolerant of others. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is naturally motivated to bring harmony to their environment. They are the most friendly of the all the Phlegmatic combinations. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is a frequently found combination.

The Phlegmatic-Sanguine prefers a mostly private, routine existence, and involvement with family and a few friends. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine has a stoic expression but will, at times, show a natural smile. They easily accept others.

The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is accommodating and easy to be with both in the work environment and as a friend. They have difficulty confronting or pressuring people. They stubbornly resist change—especially sudden change.

They need some social involvement, usually with friends or family. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is loyal, consistent, and dependable. They are naturally service minded and will often work when they are ill. They are very independent minded and want to operate by themselves and set their own pace. They learn by doing (hands on). They need to be shown how to do a task, and then left alone. Once their mind is made up, they will resist any other method or approach.

The Phlegmatic-Sanguine can do routine work but will need some change during the day. They have a very difficult time saying no and will often take on more than they can do just to please others. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is easy to like, and they have a very pleasant, soft voice. They are more friendly after warming-up, and can be very talkative at times. The Phlegmatic-Sanguine is a frequently found combination.

__

My comments: Ah, I have caught him out on Passive-Agreesive on some very rare occasions. I notice it because it is rare to non-existant in me. It's never a heavy push from him, and he is sensitve to doing the right thing so it never goes far. He can definitely be more sluggish than me but he starts work readily from rest. Yes, he is loyal consistent, dependable and I love that. I definitely leave him alone in his tasks especially as that is what I like, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 6
    Melancholic 8
    Sanguine 17
    Phlegmatic 16

"The Sanguine-Phlegmatic is driven by two temperament needs. The primary need is to be accepted socially. The secondary need is to accommodate others. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation.

When the Sanguine and the Phlegmatic natural tendencies are combined, it produces a people-person who is accommodating to the needs of others. They are more relationship oriented and consistent than the other Sanguine combinations. This combination naturally relates well to others and they maintain lasting relationships.

The Sanguine-Phlegmatic needs to be with people most of the time, but some of the time they need to be alone. When alone they will likely rest or sleep. They often become drowsy when sitting still after only a few minutes. They are independent minded and can be very stubborn. Once they establish a routine it can be difficult for them to change. They are very trusting of others and place importance on enduring relationships. It is not unusual for them to keep relationships they formed in kindergarten throughout their life-span; they are loyal to their friends. They are optimistic and full of hope. Most Sanguine-Phlegmatics will smile easily and often.

The Sanguine-Phlegmatic has a calming, friendly, accepting presence. They are disarming with their warm, empathic, and understanding approach. They possess a casual kind of poise in social situations. People tend to seek them out (even strangers) to share their problems because they are perceived to be approachable and good listeners. Children are easily drawn to them because they feel accepted in their presence. Although doing details and organizational things give them difficulty at times, they are able to do them quite well. They can be great administrators. The Sanguine-Phlegmatic works very well with others because they are optimistic, accepting, and accommodating. The Sanguine-Phlegmatic is a frequently found combination."
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Choleric 5
    Melancholic 22
    Sanguine 5
    Phlegmatic 5

Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Choleric 18
    Melancholic 3
    Sanguine 5
    Phlegmatic 12

Your temperament is choleric. The choleric temperament is fundamentally ambitious and leader-like. They have a lot of aggression, energy, and/or passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be in charge of everything. However, cholerics also tend to be either highly disorganized or highly organized. They do not have in-between setups, only one extreme to another. As well as being leader-like and assertive, cholerics also fall into deep and sudden depression. Essentially, they are very much prone to mood swings.

The first time I took one of these types of tests was in high school, I got fairly even scoring for Choleric and Phlegmatic and low on the other two, similar to this test.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Choleric 18
    Melancholic 3
    Sanguine 5
    Phlegmatic 12

Your temperament is choleric. The choleric temperament is fundamentally ambitious and leader-like. They have a lot of aggression, energy, and/or passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were choleric. They like to be in charge of everything. However, cholerics also tend to be either highly disorganized or highly organized. They do not have in-between setups, only one extreme to another. As well as being leader-like and assertive, cholerics also fall into deep and sudden depression. Essentially, they are very much prone to mood swings.

The first time I took one of these types of tests was in high school, I got fairly even scoring for Choleric and Phlegmatic and low on the other two, similar to this test.
    Cool. Apparently, you dominate yurself. I wonder how that works? Must be a more rare type.

I am thinking about some of the cholerics I know. I particularly remember when by brothers were with me for for my Dad's funeral. The more choleric LSE and LSI blew me away with so efficiently takign care of all the planning and arranging. I was so grateful for this because I had been immersed in the difficult heartbreak happenings at the end and I was far too drained to think that way. They took care of every last detail so thoroughly and quickly. But my Plegmatic SLI brother was way laid back while they accomplished this, letting his two brothers run the show. Since LSI was youngest, growing up it seemed LSE and SLI were more a pair. But now as adults the energy level and accomplishments of the LSE and LSI make them more of a pair when we are together.

Also my LSE best friend in high school, a great activity partner, is one of the most accomplished people I know. I remember reuniting at Christmastime during college and regularly being blown by away her list of amazing accomplishments during the previous year, and getting tongue-tied when she asked, "So, what did you do this year?" I don't know. I sort of forgot.... Not that I did nothing - I changed my major a lot and was involved in all kinds of interesting and new activities and often carried straight A's but it all seemed unsteller next to all the wow things she had done. Failure did hit her once - maybe just this once - when she was choreographing a huge production in TX and was asked to step down because some Texas women involved -- Texans are known for their super-hospitable politeness [which doesn't mean they want to be friends with a Yankee] -- did not like her blunt manner of speaking. Getting the job done brilliantly wasn't enough for them, taking orders from a choleric Yankee was just too much.

Having a LSE for an activity partner brother was nice. Only, somtimes, that choleric bluntness does get me indignant.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it a bit strange I scored so low in melancholy. My grandma is super into this system of personality typing people - she's actually the reason I got into personality typology at all - and she's always insisted I'm definitely melancholic or melancholic/phlegmatic
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I find it a bit strange I scored so low in melancholy. My grandma is super into this system of personality typing people - she's actually the reason I got into personality typology at all - and she's always insisted I'm definitely melancholic or melancholic/phlegmatic

That's funny, because you seem very sanguine on the forum.

-Seneca

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    That's funny, because you seem very sanguine on the forum.
    Yeah, I mean sanguine makes more sense now that I think of it. I never really thought about my classical temperament all that much. I think my grandma just has a very specific image of me since as a kid I was pretty studious and tended to talk with her about my feelings and ideas quite a lot. She doesn't see how different I am in other settings lol
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My results:

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/O4TS/

These are the results from the OSPP Four Temperaments Test. The calculated scores for each type are shown below (scores range between 0 to 24).

Choleric 10
    Melancholic 13
    Sanguine 7
    Phlegmatic 12

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 sanguine
    14 melancholic
    14 choleric
    14 phlegmatic

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 14
    Melancholic 7
    Sanguine 17
    Phlegmatic 8

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I did it 3 or 4 times and it gave me " Sanguine " every time
    The sub temperament was melancholic ( 2 times ) and choleric ( one time )

I couldn't believe this, I'm not that social and extroverted person, but after reading the descriptions in the second link, Sanguine- Melancholic describes me very very very well, the only exception is that I don't perform in front of others
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sanguine>choleric fits me.

I don't see myse
    lf as social and extrovert person, so getting sanguine surprised me, hence I also did the test again but got high sang choleric each time. I can make friends easily since always, although I can prefer to spend time alone for a looong time. Noone that I know would describe me as people person but I have been told by many that I can adapt to every kind of social group. When I do enter groups, people I met for the first time even mentions me to them, which gives me typology mindfuck, I am everyone's dual for 15 minutes.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 21
    Melancholic 2
    Sanguine 19
    Phlegmatic 15

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Cool. Apparently, you dominate yurself. I wonder how that works? Must be a more rare type.

I am thinking about some of the cholerics I know. I particularly remember when by brothers were with me for for my Dad's funeral. The more choleric LSE and LSI blew me away with so efficiently takign care of all the planning and arranging. I was so grateful for this because I had been immersed in the difficult heartbreak happenings at the end and I was far too drained to think that way. They took care of every last detail so thoroughly and quickly. But my Plegmatic SLI brother was way laid back while they accomplished this, letting his two brothers run the show. Since LSI was youngest, growing up it seemed LSE and SLI were more a pair. But now as adults the energy level and accomplishments of the LSE and LSI make them more of a pair when we are together.

Also my LSE best friend in high school, a great activity partner, is one of the most accomplished people I know. I remember reuniting at Christmastime during college and regularly being blown by away her list of amazing accomplishments during the previous year, and getting tongue-tied when she asked, "So, what did you do this year?" I don't know. I sort of forgot.... Not that I did nothing - I changed my major a lot and was involved in all kinds of interesting and new activities and often carried straight A's but it all seemed unsteller next to all the wow things she had done. Failure did hit her once - maybe just this once - when she was choreographing a huge production in TX and was asked to step down because some Texas women involved -- Texans are known for their super-hospitable politeness [which doesn't mean they want to be friends with a Yankee] -- did not like her blunt manner of speaking. Getting the job done brilliantly wasn't enough for them, taking orders from a choleric Yankee was just too much.

Having a LSE for an activity partner brother was nice. Only, somtimes, that choleric bluntness does get me indignant.
    They do sound like more pure choleric types.

As for the choleric-phlegmatic combination, people think I'm not that assertive or vying for more power at first, it makes me seem more introverted and not like a stereotypical choleric type. But I do tend to take charge of groups whenever I can, not in an overt fashion, and more often than not it is successful. When I was younger my social skills were not good enough to do this, but they are now and have been for the past couple of years after honing these skills. The description from the four temperaments link does a good job of summing it up I would say.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    They do sound like more pure choleric types.

As for the choleric-phlegmatic combination, people think I'm not that assertive or vying for more power at first, it makes me seem more introverted and not like a stereotypical choleric type. But I do tend to take charge of groups whenever I can, not in an overt fashion, and more often than not it is successful. When I was younger my social skills were not good enough to do this, but they are now and have been for the past couple of years after honing these skills. The description from the four temperaments link does a good job of summing it up I would say.
    Ah, I see, the Choloric-phlegmatic combination makes you less in-the-face, while you still get the job done. Sounds like a great combination!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Choleric 13
    Melancholic 15
    Sanguine 16
    Phlegmatic 10

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting. The part I related the most is how I tend to stop doing something once it stops being engaging or fun. I relate a lot to that. I'm shy though- but talkative if I feel like I'm allowed to be my narcissistically beautiful self. Also I am creative, and often daydream and I am sensitive and compassionate and thoughtful.

I admit I don't really feel shame like other people do. I am like the annoying gay guy on the pride parade float that everybody hates because of how sexual and stereotypical it is, but you also have to admire how shameless and tacky I am. <3

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the results from the OSPP Four Temperaments Test. The calculated scores for each type are shown below (scores range between 0 to 24).
    Choleric 4
    Melancholic 13
    Sanguine 10
    Phlegmatic 15

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

I did the second test first and I wasted one hour of my life in a boring test. At the end it asked me for my Email address, the number of my credit card and 55 euros (or something like that). Do not take the second test guys !!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scored phlegmatic. The description fits me to a T. Second highest result was melancholic, aww.

On Personality Database, people voted me as sanguine-melancholic. I must come across as a lot more upbeat online than I really am in real life lol.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 3
    Melancholic 22
    Sanguine 5
    Phlegmatic 14

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choleric 17
    Melancholic 6
    Sanguine 9
    Phlegmatic 8

Tbh I don't think I'm a pure Choleric like this. But the only temperament I really do recognise in myself is Choleric yea. It's hard for me to see how I'd relate to Melancholic or Phlegmatic, but I must have some of either one in me, just don't see it too well. Sanguine should've been the lowest score I used to think I was Sanguine as a teenager but I understood since then that my sociability was always really Choleric sociability and not Sanguine, lol. It can be misleading at first.

EDIT: From the other link I related to these four combinations:

THE STRATEGIST
    D-C (Choleric-Melancholy)
    The Choleric-Melancholy combination is driven by two needs. Their primary need is to get results. The secondary need is to do things right. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation. When the Choleric and the Melancholy tendencies are combined, it produces a result-oriented, detailed person, who plans and pushes their way through life.

The Choleric-Melancholy is more detail oriented and sensitive than the other Choleric combinations. This combination naturally likes developing a strategy to accomplish a goal.

The Choleric-Melancholy is a result-oriented, detailed person who is not interested in social involvement. They are driven by a strong will to achieve their detailed plan. They can be direct, blunt, and forceful, yet at times show great sensitivity toward others. They can be both domineering and compassionate (they can be a Lion or a Lamb). They are easily annoyed, quickly aroused, but easily calmed.

They like to initiate change. The Choleric-Melancholy likes to solve problems and make decisions and are actually quite capable of doing so. They can usually see a creative solution quickly with a only small amount of information. When committed to accomplishing a goal they are insightful and creative.

They function best when they collect facts and have alone time to think and develop a plan of action. In the process of developing their plan they will ask direct and detailed questions. They prefer work to involvement with people. The Choleric-Melancholy is a frequently occurring combination.

THE TRAINER
    C-D (Melancholy-Choleric)
    The Melancholy-Choleric combination is driven by two temperament needs. The primary temperament need is to do things right. The secondary need is to get results. Either need may dominate behavior depending on the situation.

When the Melancholy and the Choleric natural tendencies are combined, it produces a detail-oriented person who pushes to get results. They have a strong drive to tell others what they know, and what to do. This combination naturally likes to teach or train others what they know.

The Melancholy-Choleric is a systematic and precise thinker. They follow self-imposed, strict procedures in both their business and personal lives. The Melancholy-Choleric has a firm, serious expressions, and they rarely smile.

They not only want to do things right and get results, they strive to figure out what is right. The Melancholy-Choleric is, therefore, more pushy and blunt than the other Melancholy combinations. They can be abrasive and offensive when communicating with others. The Melancholy-Choleric is attentive to details and push to have things done correctly according to their standards. They have high standards for themselves and others. They can be a perfectionist about some things. They will resist change until the reasons are explained, defended, and accepted.

They are sensitive and conscientious. They can behave in a diplomatic manner, except when it comes to deviating from their standards. The Melancholy-Choleric can be too forceful in insisting the right way (or their way) be followed.

They are not socially active, preferring work and privacy to being with people. The Melancholy-Choleric may have some difficulty in relationships because they are not flexible, and they have a brief, direct, sometimes blunt manner of communication.

The Melancholy-Choleric tends to make decisions slowly because of their need to collect and analyze information (several times) until they are sure of the right and best course of action. The Melancholy-Choleric is not a frequently found combination.

THE INSPECTOR
    S-D (Phlegmatic-Choleric)
    The Phlegmatic-Choleric combination is driven by two temperament needs. The primary temperament need is to be accommodating. The secondary need is to get results. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the situation.

When the Phlegmatic and the Choleric natural tendencies are combined, it produces an accommodating, result-oriented person who is unyielding in their routine, and very determined. The Phlegmatic-Choleric naturally concentrates (like an inspector) on one thing at a time with unbending determination.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric prefers to be with family or a few close friends most of the time. They have an anchored determination to follow their routine or complete a task.

They are accommodating, industrious, and independent (loners). The Phlegmatic-Choleric will have a firm, stoic expression (flat affect) and will rarely smile. They are calm, steady, and persevering. They can be very blunt, stubborn, and sarcastic. They rarely show emotion or affection.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric wants to operate by themselves and set their own pace. Once their mind is made up they will resist any other method of approach. They seek challenging assignments without close supervision. The Phlegmatic-Choleric prefers work of a routine nature rather than involvement with people.

This focused individual brings a deceptively intense approach to the task. Being low-key outwardly, their involvement in a task is not easily observed. They are successful because of their commitment to completing a task. After starting a project, they are tenacious and will fight for their objectives. The Phlegmatic-Choleric is very independent, questioning, and thorough in their approach and will follow through to see the task completed.

The Phlegmatic-Choleric will become sleepy when sitting still after only a few minutes. They are very dependable, routine, and loyal (they change their routine slowly). The Phlegmatic-Choleric is a dispassionate anchor of reality. They need time to warm-up before showing friendliness. The Phlegmatic-Choleric is one of the least frequently found patterns.

THE DIRECTOR
    D-S (Choleric-Phlegmatic)
    The Choleric-Phlegmatic combination is driven by two temperament needs. Their primary need is to get results. The secondary need is to accommodate others. Either need may dominate their behavior depending on the requirements of the situation.

When the Choleric and the Phlegmatic natural tendencies are combined it produces a result-oriented person who is very determined and unemotional when attempting to accomplish a goal.

The Choleric-Phlegmatic is more individualistic and unyielding than the other Choleric combinations. This combination is like a director because they naturally like telling others what to do.

The Choleric-Phlegmatic is naturally a result-oriented, determined, unemotional, and focused individual. They have a strong, stubborn will, and they are independent and very individualistic. They have a firm, stoic expression (flat affect) on their face, and will rarely smile. They are not open, friendly, animated or talkative. They slowly build a few close relationships and will help only those they consider to be their friend.

They are confident and may appear aloof. They want to be in charge because of confidence in their ability to make better decisions. They can be very direct, brief, and blunt when answering questions. They tend to be impatient, especially when instructing others; they dislike weakness in others. It is one of the least frequently found combinations.
    Last edited by seeking it; 02-08-2023 at 11:13 PM.