View Poll Results: Are you ok with people touching your stuff?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 7.69%
  • No

9 69.23%
  • Depends on who

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Are you ok with people touching your stuff?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you ok with people touching your stuff?

Are you ok with people touching your stuff without your knowledge, permission?

Are you ok with people misplacing your stuff without your knowledge, permission?

By people I don't mean strangers, it can be your partner, parent, friend, child, cleaning person etc.

Do you get angry if that happens?

Are you ok with touching people's stuff without their knowledge, permission?

What is your instinctual stack and type if it wasn't in your TIM?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not really okay with this. Doesn't matter to me if it's a stranger or somebody I've known for many years. My 4D Fi demo is very... indifferent to me here.

I get angry when it happens- but I also quickly let it go but it would depend on what the possession is and if they accidentally broke it. "Hey I took your shirt without asking is that okay" is a lot different than "Hey I used your expensive computer without asking and broke your keyboard and monitor in a nerd rage cuz I lost a League of Legends match."

And it's kinda basic "golden rule" stuff but nah, I'm not okay with touching other people's stuff either.

I'm IEI-Ni. Idk my stacking- probably sx/so.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't like to let other kids borrow my stuff as a kid. I'm not crazy about letting people touch my stuff, but I will let friends and family borrow things if they need to.

However, I have blown up on people for touching my things. It's hard to live with other strangers or even friends because of this.

Something I hate is when people put their shoes on furniture. That is a major pet peeve.

Instinct stack is Sx/Sp.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No who would be ok with this ��

I don’t touch you don’t touch

My ESE sister on the other hand is a whole other story
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's okay if someone needs to move something out of the way and it's mine. Using my stuff without permission is a bad idea. I had a roommate borrow my incense burner without asking and that was really irritating.
    My wife's youngest niece (11 years old) has a habit of using and misplacing or ruining other people's stuff. Once she used my water flosser without even asking and I gave her some stern words.
    My wife is generally the only person who can get away with using my stuff without witnessing visible irritation.
    But it's something I have cursed people out for doing if I feel it's done out of entitlement (e.g. my wife's cousin throwing my cat tree and other stuff in my backyard when we were letting him stay at our house while out of state)/or complete disrespect.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not an issue unless it is something that can not be touched.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't care as long as you put it back where you found it.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clicked yes with the assumption that this doesn't include the couple things I keep private (my sketchbooks, journals, phone). Otherwise, I don't have a problem with it. I think I did when I was much younger, but I grew up with four younger siblings so I wasn't given a choice but to get used to it

My guess is that this is either not type related, or only mildly related. I think this probably has way more to do with people's upbringing/living situation
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 03-02-2022 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Had another thought
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I really don't care as long as you put it back where you found it.

Yes. Put it back, and don't break it. Otherwise, do whatever, I don't care.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Not ok. ILE friend does it all the time, and still not ok.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    No. Not ok. ILE friend does it all the time, and still not ok.
    Sure it's an ILE? Because I would never touch your shit, my son would never touch your shit, and none of my ILE friends would ever touch your shit. I'm just curious, because my Se friends WOULD touch your shit unless you asked them not to...
    Last edited by chriscorey; 03-02-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Sure it's an ILE? Because I would never touch your shit, my son would never touch your shit, and none of my ILE friends would ever touch your shit. I'm just curious, because my Se friends WOULD touch your shit unless you asked them not to...
    LOL! But yea I'm sure, he's my friend so he thinks he can touch my shit, he also knows it annoys me so he likes to touch my shit, and he's too damn curious for his own good so he has to touch my shit. Also not the only ILE friend I've had that liked to touch my shit.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! But yea I'm sure, he's my friend so he thinks he can touch my shit, he also knows it annoys me so he likes to touch my shit, and he's too damn curious for his own good so he has to touch my shit. Also not the only ILE friend I've had that liked to touch my shit.
    yeah that makes sense. lol

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I clicked yes with the assumption that this doesn't include the couple things I keep private (my sketchbooks, journals, phone). Otherwise, I don't have a problem with it. I think I did when I was much younger, but I grew up with four younger siblings so I wasn't given a choice but to get used to it

My guess is that this is either not type related, or only mildly related. I think this probably has way more to do with people's upbringing/living situation
    Agreed, it is mainly about upbringing people who had multiple siblings are generally more ok with this, since their conditions required them to have less ownership etc etc

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Agreed, it is mainly about upbringing people who had multiple siblings are generally more ok with this, since their conditions required them to have less ownership etc etc
    I grew up with 1 little brother 1 little sister and 2 cousins that lived with us like brothers so pretty much 4 total siblings. I could be an exception but I doubt it. It's probably preference, probably Si, probably Fi, who knows. For me it feels like an Fi Si thing.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up with 1 little brother 1 little sister and 2 cousins that lived with us like brothers so pretty much 4 total siblings. I could be an exception but I doubt it. It's probably preference, probably Si, probably Fi, who knows. For me it feels like an Fi Si thing.
    Did you have a personal space and belongings in that period or did you share a room and/or stuff with your siblings without their/your knowledge?

Btw, according to sources it is not a Fi, Si thing, at least I havent came across to such a claim.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you had a personal space and belongings in that period or did you share a room and/or stuff with your siblings without their/your knowledge?
    Me and my little brother had to share a room, we all had our toys we were really possessive of, I remember always fighting to put claim to my stuff having a sense of extreme ownership, we all did. I mean we were even possessive of video game characters like "I can only play this character nobody else" each one of us did that. Even with TV show characters, each one of us claimed a power ranger that we "were" and nobody else could be that guy. And with 4 boys naturally we also picked a ninja turtle. We always tried to distinguish ourselves from each other, "This is my favorite character" and no one overlapped, it was like a violation. I guess we each wanted our own identity. "That's mine!" was the idea for almost anything.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you have a personal space and belongings in that period or did you share a room and/or stuff with your siblings without their/your knowledge?

Btw, according to sources it is not a Fi, Si thing, at least I havent came across to such a claim.
    It feels Fi Si to me because Fi value says "You don't want people to touch your stuff without permission, so don't touch other people's stuff without permission" and I assume other people have this value so I don't touch people's things and expect them to not touch my stuff. And Si says "Get your nasty germs off my stuff idk where you're hands been and what's getting all over my stuff." I'm not married to this idea but just a gut feeling.

Also I heard a theory about pups who grew up in large litters for a long time are more aggressive and possessive over the food bowl because they had to fight to get something to eat, so even when they are seperated from the litter and are around 1 or 2 dogs they still retain that aggressive/possessive behavior over the food bowl. That seems true for me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It feels Fi Si to me because Fi value says "You need permission first before you touch other people's things" and I assume other people have this value so I don't touch people's things and expect them to not touch my stuff. And Si says "Get your nasty germs off my stuff idk where you're hands been and what's getting all over my stuff." I'm not married to this idea but just a gut feeling.

Also I heard a theory about pups who grew up in large litters for a long time are more aggressive and possessive over the food bowl because they had to fight to get something to eat, so even when they are seperated from the litter and are around 1 or 2 dogs they still retain that aggressive behavior. That seems true for me.
    I understand it feels like that to you and you may be like that because of that.

But in theory, that kind of thing doesn't exist, thats why I said sources doesnt say that. Everyone can explain why they do stuff in terms of different IEs, it is better to not cause further misinformation.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand it feels like that to you and you may be like that because of that.

But in theory, that kind of thing doesn't exist, thats why I said sources doesnt say that. Everyone can explain why they do stuff in terms of different IEs, it is better to not cause further misinformation.
    It could just be how my IEs interpret my stuff being touched rather than inherent to the IEs themselves.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think it's not type related *but if it is* then I think theoretically anything to do with possession or territory would be the realm of Se
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my little brother had to share a room, we all had our toys we were really possessive of, I remember always fighting to put claim to my stuff having a sense of extreme ownership, we all did. I mean we were even possessive of video game characters like "I can only play this character nobody else" each one of us did that. Even with TV show characters, each one of us claimed a power ranger that we "were" and nobody else could be that guy. And with 4 boys naturally we also picked a ninja turtle. We always tried to distinguish ourselves from each other, "This is my favorite character" and no one overlapped, it was like a violation. I guess we each wanted our own identity. "That's mine!" was the idea for almost anything.
    Ah 4 boys lol that makes sense now

I am the oldest followed by two twin girls (EII and LSE) born less than 2 years after me. They weren't worried about ownership. They just embodied pure chaos. My ILE brother came two years after them, and he's always been super chill and went with the flow of things. He didn't care who's stuff was what and we shared a room basically his entire life until I moved to Japan. Three years after him came my LIE youngest sister. She decided the world was hers
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People don't take care of your stuff

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    People don't take care of your stuff
    Thank you, this exactly. Especially not the way you would take care of your stuff.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds a lot like my childhood. We moved around a lot. I remember one time when I was 7 or 8 we had just moved into a new house with two new kids and when they gave me my room, I felt compelled to label everything that was mine with a piece of paper that would say "[My] Bed", "[My] Dresser", "[My] Window", and so on because I felt like I needed to stake claim or someone in the house that I was invading might try to take it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

as always this makes me think of a Buffy episode, even tho Joss Whedon is a douche:

Glory: "I really hate it when people touch my things! ... "

Glory: "... Last words, slay-runt?"

Buffy: "Just one. Truck."

Glory looks to the right, too late- as a huge semi comes crashing into her.

lololol

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd be a first. Depends on who it is and why they're doing it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EII-Ne-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mostly no...so im just gonna vote no

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Violetx View Post
    mostly no...so im just gonna vote no
    lol I laughed out loud for some reason reading this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you ok with people touching your stuff without your knowledge, permission?
    No.

Are you ok with people misplacing your stuff without your knowledge, permission?
    No.

By people I don't mean strangers, it can be your partner, parent, friend, child, cleaning person etc.
    It's annoying no matter who does it.

Are you ok with touching people's stuff without their knowledge, permission?
    No.

What is your instinctual stack and type if it wasn't in your TIM?
    ILI-Ni-C 964 sp/sx