TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEE examples IRL to parts of profiles

I.
    His mood depends on how well things are going for him. To improve his emotional state, offer him some profitable or beneficial activity. Has an inclination to show generosity, up to extravagance, when his mood is elevated, and frugality and stinginess when he is emotionally depressed. In any case, emotions and personal relations are the most important thing for him. He cannot work if the occupation is uninteresting to him. Any activity or undertaking can turn into entertainment, make it feel like a show. Becomes very nervous and angry, if he is outdone in business or if rewards and material benefits have been distributed in a way that he thinks he is getting less than others. He can start a quarrel over this.
    From Gulenko's profile on SEE

Yesterday, at home, he is in a grumpy mood about who knows what, and then he sees I'm putting my 2 good bath sheets in the washer.

Him: "It's like we have two households"

Me: "What?"

Him "You have your towels and Fiji water and we have those smaller towels and ...." lists a few things, sarcasticly picking a fight.

Me: "Well you bought me these towels so ..." "Who takes baths in this house? Only me."

Him: "*Grumble*, *yell*, *grumble*, *yell*"

This is all because he's in a bad mood because of ... something with work, but not entirely that, and there's nothing I can do but be quiet.

It's why ILI is best for him. ILI just wants to go and shut themselves up. That helps ILI stay quiet, and eventually SEE gets over it.

If there is anyway to offer a good activity to distract him with, that's an OK solution as well, but usually there isn't anything to offer but seclusion.

I could say more, but it's too critical for a SEE to hear.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't consider myself a textbook example of the SEE type but there are some things in the descriptions that really stick out to me.

Taken from Gulenko's book:

His performance depends strongly on his mood. When in high spirits, he undertakes hard work, but if there is a bad vibe, then even very important work is not done. He is energetic in those matters that can be done immediately, but if there is no quick payback and the work is long and tense, he soon loses interest and looks for another direction for his efforts. Excitement and passion increase his efficiency. He creates an atmosphere of celebration and festivity; his best work is done in an informal atmosphere. He disperses his energy in different directions by doing several things at once, easily switching from one to another. If his circle of hobbies continues to grow, then the effectiveness falls.
    Years ago, I had a sales job where I would sell insurance to people from an insurance agency. I had to get a license which was sort of difficult to study for but luckily I passed it and I was clear to start selling. I sold things mostly over the phone since people rarely walked into the office to buy insurance in person. We were given some leads by the agency owner, but even if they all bought it wouldn't be able to make up the sales quota we had. For that, we had to find our own leads. We would go through and cold-call hundreds of people, track down and try to convince condominiums and apartment complexes to display our cards at their desks, try to create contacts with realtors so they could connect their clients with us for new homeowner insurance. When things were good I felt like a completely different person from when things were bad. If I wasn't selling or I was in a bind I had to really force myself to cheer up, but really I was powerlessly waiting for a lucky windfall to raise my spirits.

I have always been criticized for relying too much on instant gratification. Luckily, this job had a lot of instant gratification and visible markers of success. However, when something didn't go my way I would throw everything I had at it and if that didn't work I try to find a way around it or out of it. Well, eventually I got bored of the job and looked for a new one.

When I first got into typology I thought this behavior pattern was because I was a Ne lead.

His mood depends on how well he’s doing. To improve his emotional state, present him with a profitable venture. He is inclined to show great generosity bordering on extravagance when the mood is upbeat, and economy — even stinginess — when emotionally depressed. In business, emotions are important to him. He is not able to work if the occupation seems boring. And so, any business can turn into entertainment for him, giving it the character of a show. He is very nervous and angry if he is circumvented in business or the distribution of material resources provides him with less than others receive. Because of this, he may quarrel.
    As I said my productivity depends on my emotional state, however, it can go both ways. When I started a job managing procurement for a large distribution company, I was paid well. I felt so elated that I landed a job that essentially doubled my salary, I spent like crazy. Getting expensive gifts for my family and my wife. Things they didn't want or need; jewelry, clothes, computers. My pride is tied to my ability to make money and how productive I am.

When I was younger I was laid off from a job, I had no income. This makes me feel castrated. I spend money on nothing, I did nothing, I was afraid to show my face anywhere. All I can think about is finding a new job and making money again. When I did find a job I did a 180 and started spending like I won the lottery again.

When I first got into enneagram I thought this was because I was a 3.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

II.

3. Role Function +I -- Opportunity Intuition on page 192 of Gulenko's book.

He strives to present himself as an original, non-standard person who does not fit the mold. He is inclined to look outstanding among others. He can support a conversation on any topic, demonstrating his knowledge of everything little by little. He grasps information quickly, but not deeply. Periodically he reflects, plunging into himself. At such moments, it seems to him that people do not perceive him as he really is. He' is quite capricious and fastidious he will not fail to emphasize his wide opportunities and great prospect He often argues and does not agree, defending the principle from the opposite point of view.
    On a phone call with my SEE today:

SEE: "You are feeling OK today then?"

ILI: "Maybe I'll come out of the closet today." [laughing and continuing to laugh through the conversation]

SEE: "Oh, I didn't know if I should say I'll watch you coming out of a closet but why would you?" [sounding clueless]

ILI: [knows what this is about. Lauging more..]"Well, you don't get it."

SEE: "Am I just getting too old, ...what?"

ILI: When you were 25 you wouldn't have gotten this until at least 5 minutes later. I usually can watch your face as I laugh and laugh over something I said, and eventually you get it. [Please don't explain the joke!]

SEE: Yeah, I know. You are right.

=========
    Don't Ruin It!
    =========

Explaining the intended humour is something I loathe.

At any rate, this is a typical ILI in a great mood, talking to their SEE on the phone, dropping something totally shocking! as humour.

Double meaning phrases always flub up my SEE. I enjoy poking him like this on the phone particularly though. He enjoys it too.

{We've been a couple for 30+ years, 30th Anniversary in August this year.}
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)