Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1439

Thread: The Ukraine Question

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From Jason Jay Smart: Moscow Industrial Arts Institute’s new uniforms. Anyone else think the Fall Fashion has palates of fascism with hints of 1940s?

https://nitter.net/officejjsmart/sta...904052883457#m

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    And this, after the head of the factory swore that he'd never assist either side in this war.

SMH.

Apparently, there are some trouble makers at that factory who are subverting the wishes of the owners. I wonder if the Shahed-129 factory needs some Nazi-cleansing?

In any case, https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...941490178.html
    Don't most people think Iranians are "Aryan" Nazis anyways and not included in the Left's usual PC defenses of Islam? (Which is ironic, even post-Islamic Revolution Iran is a lot more rich I mean "Western" than most Muslim countries and typical Iranian hobbies include chess, motorcycles, and video games, even if they have to keep the Islamic dress code in mind when deciding where to put their next skull tattoo.)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this, after the head of the factory swore that he'd never assist either side in this war.

SMH.

Apparently, there are some trouble makers at that factory who are subverting the wishes of the owners. I wonder if the Shahed-129 factory needs some Nazi-cleansing?

In any case, https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...941490178.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    I told people Iran is not a joke and a more immediate threat than China but I got told Chinese is definitely more useful than Persian and if I were interested in Persian I should GTFO anyways. Now I feel like Cassandra, and I still know a lot more Persian than Chinese. Ofc the real problem is that the US tends to increasingly look like the bad guys, either that or there are no good guys, but it's nearly impossible to see the US as the good guys when their military activities, much like the state of Israel's, have mostly been confined to machine-gunning down kids who throw rocks (I think Israel has gotten a lot better ironically and the US has gotten a lot worse.)
    The speculation is that Iran's getting SU-35's out of the deal. Also, Russia is helping Iran launch a surveillance satellite. A multipolar world is in the making.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think that the Russians expected there to be much opposition.

Of course, the Ukrainians are very lucky that the Russian troops are so fucking stupid.
    This is a microcosm of what I've frequently observed. Namely, how and why "proxy wars" go as far as they do. I mean let's be honest, after a certain and painfully obvious point if you're the proxy you must realize that you are exactly that, a proxy. Your "ally" sees you as but a mere resource. A thing to be burned at no real consequence to themselves to the final drop.

The Ukranian people are, sadly, a proxy for the current "Western" order. The current Status Quo is perfectly willing and able to fight whatever "Russia" represents down to the last Ukrainian merely because it can.

I don't know what else to add other than state that this is most certainly not how I'd handle all this if I was somehow given a significant rank in the military of any party currently involved...

I'm more than able to be way more subtle after all. Well, unless I had so hard and/or overwhelming of a trump card that my opponents had clearly failed to realize was even possible that is. After all, if you're literally holding a "Royal Flush" in your hand in any kind of Poker game your best play shifts from bluffing to "Oh please dear God Almighty guide me in riding the line between confidence and horror such that everyone at the table refuses to fold".

A Royal Flush is a guaranteed victory in games that involve it. What that implies depends on your ideal end to this conflict but Putin's Russia holds that hand. The only question after that is wheter or not the current PTB think they can realistically escape a "Dying Earth" as it were...
    Last edited by End; 08-07-2022 at 04:00 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's worth watching every minute of this lecture.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth watching every minute of this lecture.

And it's called Eurasia
    We have always been at war with Eurasia.

Anyways, the West is decadent and weak. If there's some other reason to support it I'd like to know what. Maybe "to make it not decadent and weak" but you can't make people choose to stop twerking and spending all their time and money on junk food, Funkos, and TikTok overnight and possibly not at all.
    Last edited by Metamorph; 08-07-2022 at 08:05 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some thoughts on Amnesty International's report which says that Ukraine is adding to Russia's War's casualties by resisting the invaders:

Note: Since the below link has some pictures from the Ukrainian territories liberated from Ukrainian Nazis by the Russians because the Russians were scared that Ukraine might join NATO, it is NSFW.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...566703109.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When everyone above you is stealing, and you have the job of putting your life on the line to make them richer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV..._russian_army/

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good news. Deal reached to allow Ukraine grain exports: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/22/e...al-turkey-intl

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/09/steve...-killed-putin/

HA HA HA HA HA

EDIT:

Seagal is been vocal in his support of Putin, calling him "one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader alive today."

Seagal was appointed in 2018 as a "special representative" in Russia's foreign ministry.
    Last edited by xerx; 08-10-2022 at 06:32 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invasion News Fits on Front Page More When an Enemy Does the Invading

https://fair.org/home/invasion-news-...-the-invading/

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit is getting very annoying. I hope they manage to keep their nuclear reactors in tact.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In the case of Iraq, the US invaded a country in order to preserve dollar-denominated oil (which happens to be the primary source of your and my wealth, but preserving it came at the expense of a seriously degraded lifestyle for many Iraqis), while in the case of Ukraine, the US is helping a country defend against an invader bent on stealing their land, wealth, and heritage.

Seems like an improvement to me.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-10-2022 at 01:22 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Shit is getting very annoying. I hope they manage to keep their nuclear reactors in tact.
    The Russian General Vasilyev who mined the Ukrainian reactor said "We mined all the important objects of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant. And we do not hide this from Ukraine. Station will be either Russian or nobody's. If there is the most severe order we must fulfill it with honor!"
    Looks LSE to me.

The kind of guy who can't see past his nose. Perfect for creating a nuclear catastrophe.

This is why we need autonomous hunter-seeker drones. About 250,000 of them.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case of Iraq, the US invaded a country in order to preserve dollar-denominated oil (which happens to be the primary source of your and my wealth, but preserving it came at the expense of a seriously degraded lifestyle for many Iraqis), while in the case of Ukraine, the US is helping a country defend against an invader bent on stealing their land, wealth, and heritage.

Do you really still believe in the petrodollar? As far as I can tell it's just the kleptodollar. Whoever has the most resources gets invaded, it doesn't matter if it's oil or something else, and that's probably what we see with Ukraine too. Russia has a huge amount of resources, oil, but especially agricultural products, same with Ukraine. And then people still have the gall to call it "the service economy" instead of the theft economy. The only resource-rich countries the US won't invade in the near future are Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia. Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia would have to have certain things happen before they got invaded, they won't get invaded the way they are. Specifically, if Israel-Palestine tensions increase, Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia would stop giving resources to Israel and then the US would invade them too. Because it's not about money at all. It's about power. And the power the kleptocrats want is the power not to work, because of what everyone knows: working is hard, working is not fun in itself, many people don't want to do it at all.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you really still believe in the petrodollar? As far as I can tell it's just the kleptodollar. Whoever has the most resources gets invaded, it doesn't matter if it's oil or something else, and that's probably what we see with Ukraine too. Russia has a huge amount of resources, oil, but especially agricultural products, same with Ukraine. And then people still have the gall to call it "the service economy" instead of the theft economy. The only resource-rich countries the US won't invade in the near future are Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia. Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia would have to have certain things happen before they got invaded, they won't get invaded the way they are. Specifically, if Israel-Palestine tensions increase, Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia would stop giving resources to Israel and then the US would invade them too. Because it's not about money at all. It's about power. And the power the kleptocrats want is the power not to work, because of what everyone knows: working is hard, working is not fun in itself, many people don't want to do it at all.
    Placeholder, because this deserves an answer but I don't have time right now for a complete response.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may seem like an improvement, but it really isn't... to those calling the shots the ethics of it are nothing but incidental. When the Libyan government made a move to establish their own gold-backed currency the very same people in power now - along with Nato - toppled the Libyan government in short order in an allied assault, then filmed Gaddafi being raped in the ass with a bayonet and posted the video online for the world to see. The same people also funded the proxy war in Syria which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands and displacement of millions, the geopolitical motives behind that war were similar to what's motivating the war in Ukraine now - but we were the aggressors then, we funded & armed the uprising. Only real difference here is this is a European nation and we have better prospects aligning them with us then if we decimated their country.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DogOfDanger View Post
    It may seem like an improvement, but it really isn't... to those calling the shots the ethics of it are nothing but incidental. When the Libyan government made a move to establish their own gold-backed currency the very same people in power now - along with Nato - toppled the Libyan government in short order in an allied assault, then filmed Gaddafi being raped in the ass with a bayonet and posted the video online for the world to see. The same people also funded the proxy war in Syria which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands and displacement of millions, the geopolitical motives behind that war were similar to what's motivating the war in Ukraine now.
    I kind of don't think gold-backed or silver-backed currency really matters either. I think we could have a fiat currency that works fine hypothetically, but we don't in practice. The reason we don't in practice is because the fiat currency is just used so the value can be changed on a whim. When we had a gold-backed currency there were problems too, they were just different ones. A gold-backed currency does seem to prevent endless charging of interest, true, but it didn't solve every other problem and the real problem is endless charging of interest. The real problem with endless charging of interest, also known in a more legalistic-sounding context as usury, can be shown to anyone who knows calculus: if interest is charged over an infinite amount of time, the value of money approaches zero. If the value of money approaches zero, then money is literally worthless. In the meantime, the value of it keeps going down. The people who run this scheme think as long as they concentrate it all in their hands, that doesn't matter, but they're wrong, they'll be affected too. They're just not that smart or they wouldn't be doing what they're doing. Devious, sure, cunning, sure, but ultimately, still not that smart.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of don't think gold-backed or silver-backed currency really matters either. I think we could have a fiat currency that works fine hypothetically, but we don't in practice. The reason we don't in practice is because the fiat currency is just used so the value can be changed on a whim. When we had a gold-backed currency there were problems too, they were just different ones. A gold-backed currency does seem to prevent endless charging of interest, true, but it didn't solve every other problem and the real problem is endless charging of interest. The real problem with endless charging of interest, also known in a more legalistic-sounding context as usury, can be shown to anyone who knows calculus: if interest is charged over an infinite amount of time, the value of money approaches zero. If the value of money approaches zero, then money is literally worthless. In the meantime, the value of it keeps going down. The people who run this scheme think as long as they concentrate it all in their hands, that doesn't matter, but they're wrong, they'll be affected too. They're just not that smart or they wouldn't be doing what they're doing. Devious, sure, cunning, sure, but ultimately, still not that smart.
    I'm not enough of an economist to really debate the nuances of gold backed vs fiat backed currency and how that might effect the decision to invade Libya. All I can say is the timing coincided perfectly.
    Though... if you see the world from a hobbesian standpoint this rush to grab up all the wealth (at any opportunity) makes sense - you should accumulate all the power you can, before your enemies take it... and you should take it from the weak, before they can grow strong enough to oppose you. The gradual loss of value of the currency.... it's an unfortunate but inevitable outcome consoled by the fact you have all the power in the world to prepare & arrange the world in your favor in the meantime. Besides... who will people look to when a crisis occurs? Those in power to protect them. Crisis might even work in your favor if you can frame the problem and channel the response well enough - which of course can be done since you control all the news outlets. And of course you always have your droves of indoctrinated lemmings that will help you repeat just about whatever messaging you put out.
    Of course you'll also see any problems coming long before they happen, and while the masses are unable to respond you can just reinvest your assets into whatever foreign currency seems best.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 08-10-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is for all the folks who remember a simpler time, when Seagal was only being accused of sexual misconduct: https://bit.ly/3dfAndP

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't make this type of comments if I didn't know anything about history and politics or my understanding was delusional at best. But to each their own.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Russian General Vasilyev who mined the Ukrainian reactor said "We mined all the important objects of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant. And we do not hide this from Ukraine. Station will be either Russian or nobody's. If there is the most severe order we must fulfill it with honor!"
    I am aware. But I am also able to contextualize things.

The kind of guy who can't see past his nose. Perfect for creating a nuclear catastrophe.
    Very ironic and laughable coming from someone like you.

This is why we need autonomous hunter-seeker drones. About 250,000 of them.
    One up Vasilyev, yeah baby... You must be jizzing in your pants just by thinking about the crazy pro-war (and not really based in reality) bullshit you're spewing.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my personal experience with Russians:

One Russian guy I knew would always talk about how much he:
    1. Hated Putin
    2. Supported the state of Israel being a Jewish ethno-religious state (even Hannah Arendt would have strongly opposed that)
    3. Supported the Hindutva nationalist movement in India
    4. Identified as Russian Orthodox and also Hindu (how? Well, I know some Hindus think that Jesus is Krishna, but still odd. And they both share the bowing before idols hobby.)

When I hear that anti-establishment Russians are like that, and Iran enters on the side of pro-establishment Russians, I get a different picture than probably you get. I get the picture that the real purpose of this is a religious war and it's down to Israel vs. Palestine again.

And no one should be surprised when everything is a religious war. What does y equal as x approaches infinity? Or in layman's terms, what happens to your soul?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's been thirty years. I guess the Russians missed the USSR so much, they wanted to bring it back.

They were nostalgic for the empty shelves, the long lines, the political repression, the declining living standards, and being scorned by the West.

Ah, such good times, if you were there.

Those Ukraine girls are now back to knocking them out.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...h=1115&dpr=1.5

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been thirty years. I guess the Russians missed the USSR so much, they wanted to bring it back.

They were nostalgic for the empty shelves, the long lines, the political repression, the declining living standards, and being scorned by the West.

Because the Russia of the 90s was so much better, right? The oppressive USSR was gone, so people were really happy then, right? And if a disaster had somehow happened during that time, obviously completely unrelated to the liberalization of the economy, Putin had nothing to do with restoring stability, right?

I don't like this channel, but

Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 08-12-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Because the Russia of the 90s was so much better, right? The oppressive USSR was gone, so people were really happy then, right? And if a disaster had somehow happened during that time, obviously completely unrelated to the liberalization of the economy, Putin had nothing to do with restoring stability, right?

I don't like this channel, but

I’m not sure that Russia’s economy was truly “liberalized”

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I’m not sure that Russia’s economy was truly “liberalized”
    "The selling-of-state-owned-enterprises-to-private-investorsization" then.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not exactly recreating the USSR, they're just bringing back the West-Eastern Proxxy Wars. Except this time, the West looks really bad, so the bar for them to make themselves look good is really low. Right-wingers don't support the military with all the woke stuff, left-wingers are already opposed to it because it's the military and they've just been machine-gunning down Middle Eastern kids who are armed with rocks for decades, and some left-wingers unironically support machine-gunning down Middle Eastern kids who are armed with rocks because they think Islam is the most inherently regressive ideology in the world while also being biological determinists who believe Middle Eastern kids are inevitably going to grow up to propagate it further. (Source: I have seen that far-left socialists who are military members sometimes screen American Sniper for other military members and otherwise display similar propaganda.)

And when you look at who's running the government agencies, the political parties, the military members, you see how awful it is. They are absolute maniacs with no self-control; they twerk on each other to TikTok music all the time; their diet is almost entirely sloppy Joe's and similar "dishes" with canned chili and processed cheese product on some kind of bleached pesticide-laden starch such as the mentioned bread or possibly potatoes or corn chips; they watch Avengers all the time and other not very good films or even worse things like Thriller Movie 4-Pak and Red Riding Hood; their exposure to "high culture" consists entirely of things like Sylvia Plath, Allen Ginsberg, and Marina Abramović; they don't know anything about science that Michio Kaku and Neil DeGrasse Tyson didn't tell them on a PBS special; they can't even do arithmetic, logical proofs, or any form of mathematics in their heads at all, and would be bewildered by references to set theory; if you decide that these people must be a bunch of evangelical hicks and think reading the Bible will impress them, they'll think you must be kidding them and no one can read the Bible more than one verse at a time and really remember it; the more left-wing ones will assume you are exactly like them regarding personal taste, beliefs, etc. or not based on skin color, gender, etc. identity politics categories and stereotype you just as much as they stereotype the minorities they try to "help."

And that's just a microcosm of the greater trends in society that put those people in charge.

I hate communism too, but this doesn't seem like Marxist-Leninism. It appears to me it could be Trotskyism like what I think Fox News is where they just pander to actual cultural conservatives out of their accelerationism, but I kind of doubt that too. I don't fully trust the ideology of the Russians, but it's very easy for them to make it look better than the ideology of the West; I'm not begging for it, I think there are probably hidden problems, but at worst it looks better than the ideology of the West in the same way taking poison and having a chance at living is better than being put with your head against a wall and shot. I'm not begging for poison either, though. I think there's still a better way. That's what I'm looking for.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Official Russian state television first said that Russia invaded Ukraine to de-nazify it, then they said that Russia invaded Ukraine purely as a defensive move to keep Ukraine from joining NATO, and now they are saying that Russia invaded Ukraine to steal their resources.

Who you gonna believe?

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...htmode%3Dfalse

The problem with countries described in the book "1984" is that, with them and their propaganda, the future is fixed, but the past is changeable.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to keep things simple. In the Tom Clancy's Novel The Hunt of Red October, Marko Ramius a soviet submarine commander defected to the USA with a Typhon-cass Submarine. I don't want to draw a parallel with the Kursk although it's tempting. Now, it's one thing to lose some scientists, spies or even a submarine to the profit of the west, It's a whole other thing when you're at risk to lose an entire country. In Putin's mind Ukraine's ambitions to be a part of NATO is like Marko Ramius planning to defect. A whole country trying to defect to NATO ain't a submarine ! It's as simple as that. The rest is blood, war, death and annihilation threats.

Note that I don't know what I'm talking about, it's just the absurdity of this whole thing that made me write this.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official Russian state television first said that Russia invaded Ukraine to de-nazify it, then they said that Russia invaded Ukraine purely as a defensive move to keep Ukraine from joining NATO, and now they are saying that Russia invaded Ukraine to steal their resources.

Who you gonna believe?

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...htmode%3Dfalse

The problem with countries described in the book "1984" is that, with them and their propaganda, the future is fixed, but the past is changeable.
    Technically, those could all be true. NATO could be a Nazi organiation dedicated to hoarding resources and then Russia could go into Ukraine to get rid of the Nazis, stop them from joining the wider Nazi organization, and reclaim their resources from the Nazi resource thieves. Not that that makes it true, just, in itself, it is not an internally-incoherent narrative.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62562909

I wonder if anyone outside of Russia is making complaints about "erasing history" or if this logic only applies to BLM protestors.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kiel Institute has gathered data about the support to Ukraine between Jan 24th - Aug 3rd. The United States has committed about 44.5 Billion Euros (about 0.2% of its GDP) to supporting Ukraine financially and militarily. Out the supporting countries, Estonia is leading the pack, having committed 0.8% of its GDP to backing Ukraine.

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-a...pport-tracker/

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62562909

I wonder if anyone outside of Russia is making complaints about "erasing history" or if this logic only applies to BLM protestors.
    If Don Quixote comes with Russian tanks, then bring in all the Russian tanks so we can keep Don Quixote.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are making me think I should support Russia. This thread is not helping anything.

So many black rioters in these pictures tearing down statues that are clearly of oppressors rather than like famous comedy writers and Union generals and having an agenda that clearly has nothing to do with hailing Satan or anything nefarious and all these totally black people are not dressed the same as Nazis while they are not hailing Satan and not tearing down statues of confederate oppressors who are not famous authors and Union generals.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Russian News outlet RT is now saying that there is NO ECONIMIC COLLAPSE.

And, of course, just like "their man" Trump, they never lie.

https://nitter.net/EoinHiggins_/stat...021138530304#m

OK, I haven't mentioned this for a few years, but in college, I studied revolution (for reasons which I won't go into), and I learned that revolutions only happen when one condition is met.

Normally, there are only two groups in a society which matter at all. The "Rich" and the "Politically Powerful".

In most societies, these two groups are the same people, but occasionally, they are not. The Politically Powerful can go broke and the Politically disenfranchised can get rich, and when that happens, you get a revolution. The newly Rich will take control of the Politics and will then run the country to their new advantage.

Taking away the Russian elite's (the Rich) access to cars, airplane flights, vacation spots, access to their Italian villas, and access to their stolen money will make them poorer.

If the West wants to see a revolution in Russia, they will have to make the poor very much richer.

Since that's not likely to happen, I predict no revolution in Russia. The mob boss Putin may die, but if he is replaced by the Jew-hating Navalny, Russia will not experience either a revolution or any real change in their behavior.

What might happen is that, as Putin expends the wealth and force of his army, and the West tries to bankrupt him by refusing to buy oil and gas from him, he and his regime will become relatively poorer compared to the provinces.
    The provinces may take that opportunity to go their own way, since what's keeping them in a relationship with Moscow is they are trading their children's lives for money. If no money comes from Moscow, then no soldiers get sent to fight wars to make Moscow richer, and perhaps they will look for a new deal with some country (any country) which can help lift them out of poverty.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-21-2022 at 06:54 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apparently, a Russian organization calling themselves "The National Republican Army" has claimed credit for bombing Daria Dugin's car. I'm doubtful of this, because I think it's more likely that Putin's minions screwed up the assassination of her father, but whatever.

I'm more interested in the manifesto they posted, which can be read here: https://nitter.net/nadinbrzezinski/s...268037849096#m

The manifesto reads like the rantings of the "Disenfranchized Poor" who hope to take over the reins of power when they see weakness in the "Politically Powerful". This won't happen, of course, because they are not rich.