Thread: The Ukraine Question

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Why is half the world trying to get into the US and half of Russia is trying to leave Russia?

Vote With Your Feet!
    Russia has capitalism, the US has capitalism and freedom.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russian disinformation campaign: https://jabberwocking.com/the-view-f...is-a-grim-one/

Also: https://www.politico.com/video/2022/...ion-war-476831

I didn't know that Tucker was so popular in the Russian media, but I guess the Authoritarian message plays well with certain people.

Fox News must be destroyed.

https://thedispatch.com/p/from-tucke...utm_source=url

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://liveuamap.com/

live map for any of you guys interested in seeing this go down live without having to scour twitter.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    ??

And you live in a country whose media and President have been breathlessly warning over a Russian invasion any second now for the past few months. I would be more worried about the state of the US than whatever's happening in Russia.
    Are you insinuating that there isn't an important threat?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Are you insinuating that there isn't an important threat?
    Define "important."

Russia will probably step in if Ukraine attacks the separatist regions. Whether that happens or not isn't clear. Ukraine probably doesn't want those regions since they're a political headache but can't simply give them up without looking weak. OTOH losing a war against Russia not only also looks weak but is possible WWIV. Ukraine can't do much about those regions without provoking Russian intervention, which is what Russia's drills on the border are meant to threaten. There's a chance war happens anyway since separatists might cause enough political pressure/violence to force the issue. But what I'd guess is that both countries would like to see those regions annexed by Russia, and what will happen is that Ukraine will quietly drop claims to those regions claiming Russian pressure, then Russia will annex them (they will face sanctions no matter whether they do or don't, so there is no downside to this). Ukraine will probably then join NATO and both sides will get something out of this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is half the world trying to get into the US and half of Russia is trying to leave Russia?

Vote With Your Feet!
    I read the National wage-salary average in Russia is in the $50,000s.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    It's in the 50,000 ruble/month range. A Ruble is worth 1.3 cents (and falling). That works out to about $650/month, or $7,800/yr.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-nominal-wage/

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/currency

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually did message the Ukrainian army and inquired into the requirements for joining, which I can't imagine are very steep, and they responded instantly, literally within 20 seconds, saying to come in for an interview in Kiev or send in my resume. I actually don't have a resume, not updating one since 2017 as most companies want online applications where they let you just manually input your data, so I'm gonna make a resume, send it in, and see what they say. If they say fuck off, I'll probably cry. Imagine being rejected by the Ukrainian army on the brink of war, like goddamn that'd destroy the ego.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that I just wrote Kiev instead of Kyiv is reason enough for instant rejection lol

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ContractedCriminalboy View Post
    I actually did message the Ukrainian army and inquired into the requirements for joining, which I can't imagine are very steep, and they responded instantly, literally within 20 seconds, saying to come in for an interview in Kiev or send in my resume. I actually don't have a resume, not updating one since 2017 as most companies want online applications where they let you just manually input your data, so I'm gonna make a resume, send it in, and see what they say. If they say fuck off, I'll probably cry. Imagine being rejected by the Ukrainian army on the brink of war, like goddamn that'd destroy the ego.
    If you happen to be in a state of poor health if they reject you, then you should probably be thankful anyway, they’re probably trying to save your life.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well boys, I passed the preliminary! They said to come to Kyiv for basic training. All they wanted was three things. My resume, age, and motivation. My resume was just a bunch of random cleaning jobs, a maintenance jobs, and retail shit. Age is mid 20s. Motivation, said to defend the Ukrainian people from foreign aggression. So looks like it's pretty simple to join the Ukrainian army, granted you pass basic training. Any of the boys feeling up for it or you all still being pussies? Can share the contact info and address for anyone who wants it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well boys, I passed the preliminary! They said to come to Kyiv for basic training. All they wanted was three things. My resume, age, and motivation. My resume was just a bunch of random cleaning jobs, a maintenance jobs, and retail shit. Age is mid 20s. Motivation, said to defend the Ukrainian people from foreign aggression. So looks like it's pretty simple to join the Ukrainian army, granted you pass basic training. Any of the boys feeling up for it or you all still being pussies? Can share the contact info and address for anyone who wants it.
    Are you still also a Scientologist?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    that would put it on par with the US, not with the half-developed country it really is

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Are you still also a Scientologist?
    That's a random question for this thread. Yes, and a Division 1 Executive to boot. Thanks for reminding me though that I didn't have anything in my signature, needed to update it with the new ad.
    Last edited by ContractedCriminalboy; 02-20-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    that would put it on par with the US, not with the half-developed country it really is
    Yeah, that's definitely in rubles or only accounting for Moscow and St. Petersburg. Absolutely no way the national average is that high.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People miss this basic fact about Russia: Russia has always been poor. It was poor when it defeated H!tler and Napoleon.

Don't underestimate Russia.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    People miss this basic fact about Russia: Russia has always been poor. It was poor when it defeated H!tler and Napoleon.

Don't underestimate Russia.
    There's a big different between a war of defense and a war of aggression against Russia or any major power, such as even the U.S.

Invade them and yeah, you're dead. But defend against them with a good enough strategy and stubborn enough resistance, and you can most definitely fuck them up badly enough for peace, assuming them waging total war isn't an option, which of course Moscow burning down Ukraine and killing millions will be an instant trigger for WW3 and nuclear war, so I'd like to imagine Putin isn't crazy enough for this to be an option but time will tell.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ukraine’s government actually controlled by neo-nazis? Where did that story come from?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Is Ukraine’s government actually controlled by neo-nazis? Where did that story come from?
    It's not really a "story" so much as that Ukrainian nationalism has always been uncomfortably intertwined with Nazism/Nazi-adjacentism since WWII.

The internal politics of Ukraine are complicated and there are many views and people involved, so saying they're "controlled" by neonazis is a little strong, but there's a significant far-right presence in the current government. For instance the Azov Battalion which was an explicitly neo-nazi militia was recently integrated into the state's armed forces.

RT obviously has a bias but this is an article detailing government connections to neonazism. Another non-RT article on it. OTOH the current president is Jewish so make of that what you will. And Western media tend to downplay the connection between Ukrainian nationalism and fascism (I don't think most people even know there's a civil war going on, let alone why it's happening) and pretend as if Ukrainians are some ancient people whose nation stretches back into the mists of history in order to spin the narrative that Russia is at the border because it's just a mean bear threatening a poor defenceless innocent country, and that's why the US has to sell weapons and continue its neverending war with Asia.

Another edit:
    On the topic of Western media/politicians downplaying Ukrainian fascism

To be clear, I don't think all Ukrainians are Nazis or Nazism must be why a country doesn't like Russia. But this is something which is barely covered at all by mainstream sources and it's not all a Russian psyop as is often insinuated.

Poland is another country in a similar-ish situation with Nazi-adjacent elements in its government. The reason you tend to hear more about Polish Nazism/fascism is for the reason that it isn't a particular target of the CIA and so not necessary to spin as the "good guys."
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 02-21-2022 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not really a "story" so much as that Ukrainian nationalism has always been uncomfortably intertwined with Nazism/Nazi-adjacentism since WWII.

The internal politics of Ukraine are complicated and there are many views and people involved, but there's a significant far-right presence in the current government. For instance the Azov Battalion which was an explicitly neo-nazi militia was recently integrated into the state's armed forces.
    By
    RT obviously has a bias but this is an article detailing government connections to neonazism. Another non-RT article on it. Western media tend to downplay the connection between Ukrainian nationalism and fascism (I don't think most people even know there's a civil war going on, let alone why it's happening) and pretend as if Ukrainians are some ancient people whose nation stretches back into the mists of history in order to spin the narrative that Russia is at the border because it's just a mean bear threatening a poor defenceless innocent country, and that's why the US has to sell weapons and continue its neverending war with Asia.
    Isn’t Ukraine’s president Jewish? Also, the US has antisemitic militias—does that mean our government is overrun by neo-nazis?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn’t Ukraine’s president Jewish? Also, the US has antisemitic militias—does that mean our government is overrun by neo-nazis?
    Edited my post, sorry. I have a tendency to post what immediately comes to mind first and edit later.

I'm not aware of any organized groups in the US which are committing torture or war crimes on ethnic/racial bases, no. Or even groups which it makes much sense to call "militias." Supporting white supremacist groups here would be political suicide outside, like, rural Mississippi or something.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The internal politics of Ukraine are complicated and there are many views and people involved, so saying they're "controlled" by neonazis is a little strong, but there's a significant far-right presence in the current government. For instance the Azov Battalion which was an explicitly neo-nazi militia was recently integrated into the state's armed forces.

RT obviously has a bias

but this is an article detailing government connections to neonazism. Another non-RT article on it. OTOH the current president is Jewish so make of that what you will. And Western media tend to downplay the connection between Ukrainian nationalism and fascism (I don't think most people even know there's a civil war going on, let alone why it's happening) and pretend as if Ukrainians are some ancient people whose nation stretches back into the mists of history in order to spin the narrative that Russia is at the border because it's just a mean bear threatening a poor defenceless innocent country, and that's why the US has to sell weapons and continue its neverending war with Asia.

Another edit:

To be clear, I don't think all Ukrainians are Nazis or Nazism must be why a country doesn't like Russia. But this is something which is barely covered at all by mainstream sources and it's not all a Russian psyop as is often insinuated.

Poland is another country in a similar-ish situation with Nazi-adjacent elements in its government. The reason you tend to hear more about Polish Nazism/fascism is for the reason that it isn't a particular target of the CIA and so not necessary to spin as the "good guys."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

I used to watch RT because it tickled my 4D Ne, then I got tired of it.

Sure, the US is an evil empire, but honestly, have you visited some other countries? Where men are above the law? Where literally, people can have other people killed if they have connections? Countries where the Mafia rules? I have, and I'll take the States any day of the week over that.

I once had some Victimy guilt over my avocation of designing better and more lethal weapons systems. However, many visits to Authoritarian countries cured me of that.

Garry Kasparov
    @Kasparov63
    Latest painful but true Russian joke, “Every country has its own mafia. Putin’s Russia is the first where the mafia has its own country.”
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-21-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowledge of biases is useful. Even if its one you do t personally agree with. A bias can tell you a lot of information.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60454795

Putin recognises independence of breakaway areas of Ukraine

The Kremlin says President Putin has decided to recognise the independence of two breakaway areas of Ukraine controlled by Russian-backed separatists.

A Kremlin statement said Putin had told the French and German leaders he intended to sign a decree recognising the Donetsk and Luhansk areas as independent states.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

I used to watch RT because it tickled my 4D Ne, then I got tired of it.

Sure, the US is an evil empire, but honestly, have you visited some other countries? Where men are above the law? Where literally, people can have other people killed if they have connections? Countries where the Mafia rules? I have, and I'll take the States any day of the week over that.

I once had some Victimy guilt over my avocation of designing better and more lethal weapons systems. However, many visits to Authoritarian countries cured me of that.

Garry Kasparov
    @Kasparov63
    Latest painful but true Russian joke, “Every country has its own mafia. Putin’s Russia is the first where the mafia has its own country.”
    Your justification of what you do aside, the RT article wasn't the only article linked, and American mass media aren't better.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RT obviously has a bias but this is an article detailing government connections to neonazism. Another non-RT article on it. OTOH the current president is Jewish so make of that what you will. And Western media tend to downplay the connection between Ukrainian nationalism and fascism (I don't think most people even know there's a civil war going on, let alone why it's happening) and pretend as if Ukrainians are some ancient people whose nation stretches back into the mists of history in order to spin the narrative that Russia is at the border because it's just a mean bear threatening a poor defenceless innocent country, and that's why the US has to sell weapons and continue its neverending war with Asia.

Another edit:

I’m skeptical about the neo-nazi claims because Russia pushed the same story prior to, during, and after the annexation of Crimea back in 2014.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, Putin is delivering an address now from Moscow.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your justification of what you do aside, the RT article wasn't the only article linked, and American mass media aren't better.
    I disagree. American media is significantly better than RT. We have freedom of the press.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I disagree. American media is significantly better than RT. We have freedom of the press.
    @Poptart, I entirely agree with you on this point. I just regret that much of the press doesn't use their freedom to inform so much as inflame.

Still, when you give people freedom to act, lots of them are going to waste their opportunities. This is true in every field.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poptart, I entirely agree with you on this point. I just regret that much of the press doesn't use their freedom to inform so much as inflame.

Still, when you give people freedom to act, lots of them are going to waste their opportunities. This is true in every field.
    I dislike that aspect of our news organizations too. But to reject all mainstream reporting is just lazy imo.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not aware of any organized groups in the US which are committing torture or war crimes on ethnic/racial bases, no. Or even groups which it makes much sense to call "militias." Supporting white supremacist groups here would be political suicide outside, like, rural Mississippi or something.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Base_(hate_group)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    ... following the Navalny revelations
    Something that very few English-speakers know is that Navalny's team did some investigation into Ukranian political figures. They are decent journalists who understand that the Ukrainian 'crisis' hasn't started out of the blue. They found financial corruption at staggering levels, including their president Zelensky owning assets into the hundreds of millions of US $$$. This is where US taxpayer dollars are going to now under the guise of 'invasion'.

Otherwise this guy explains it nicely:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There's a big different between a war of defense and a war of aggression against Russia or any major power, such as even the U.S.

Invade them and yeah, you're dead. But defend against them with a good enough strategy and stubborn enough resistance, and you can most definitely fuck them up badly enough for peace, assuming them waging total war isn't an option, which of course Moscow burning down Ukraine and killing millions will be an instant trigger for WW3 and nuclear war, so I'd like to imagine Putin isn't crazy enough for this to be an option but time will tell.
    I wonder what China will decide observing US fucking over other countries and trying to provoke nuclear conflicts around the globe. All in all, it's a pretty malignant strategy.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m skeptical about the neo-nazi claims because Russia pushed the same story prior to, during, and after the annexation of Crimea back in 2014.
    People didn't just become Nazi-sympathetic sometimes after 2014.

Russia also has "freedom of the press."

Are these guys still around or doing anything?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

An observation made by people on Twitter: Putin’s speech claiming Russia’s right to territory it historically controlled plus the Russian troops currently in Belarus essentially means that Russia have just annexed Belarus.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I wonder what China will decide observing US fucking over other countries and trying to provoke nuclear conflicts around the globe. All in all, it's a pretty malignant strategy.
    Wow, didn't realize Putin was operating under Biden's direct orders. What a grand conspiracy!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People didn't just become Nazi-sympathetic sometimes after 2014.

Russia also has "freedom of the press."

Are these guys still around or doing anything?
    - Of course neo-nazism did not begin in 2014.

- I’m sorry that you feel like freedom of the press in the US is comparable to Russia.

- Yes, this is an active militia group—founded in 2018 btw, so its not like I’m providing an example from an example from ancient history.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russia is now moving troops into occupied eastern Ukraine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Take into account that "ukraine" is not important for the ones who controls USA and global capitals. It's war against Russia and humanistic future of humanity which Russia somehow protects.
    The war by hands of Russians living at borderland which are occupied since 2014 by USA/EU with local hithlerists, hands of islamists which were intentionally given by USA modern weapon recently in Afganistan same as before were supported in Syria, and some hired ones and special forces soldiers from different places.
    World changes. Wars and done by "covid protections" mass killing and new slavery. Seems we live in Bible armageddon times. It's funny to be here, if it's so. It still is not known exactly how souls/minds will be harmed - mb by changes in DNA alike "covid vaccine" does. It's evident possible that people who do not follow orders of "rulers" will can't to have incomes and to buy products as Bible said, - are excluded from modern technology life, doomed to die, will be prisoned (it's discussed to make death? "camps" alike Hithler did).
    What useful I may do in these times? I was not leaded to live as average, at least. Mb will do. I had religious experience related to monotheism.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast