Thread: Rational vs Irrational subtypes

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rational vs Irrational subtypes

I listened to a podcast featuring two young ladies who were talking about sports. One was SEI-Si, the other was SEI-Fe. They were friends, very close in age and upbringing and it was a decent opportunity to read the difference between how these two subtypes communicate.

The Si-subtype was focused on information. Whether it was through her familiar more Si usage or her unconscious Ne fascination, her focus and her delight was on information

The Fe subtype was focused on analysis. It wasn't the data itself but breaking down the data and, perhaps, being decisive (in a way) regarding it. Whether using her Fe emotionality to clarify her point or her unconscious Ti function to truly understand, her focus was on the decisive step of analysis.

Obviously, these two SEIs are irrationally dominant but it was interesting to read how subtype (whether rational or irrational) can influence the psych of identical types.

Rational & irrational are rather apt words. Has anyone else here had an opportunity to observe different subtypes of an identical type communicate? And, if so, what is your opinion about it?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched from Ni subtype to Te subtype, and when I talk with ILI-Ni people, I have this subconscious drive to encourage them to develop more Te and Se, which is of course not realistic in one conversation and it's not my place to tell them. Interestingly, when I'm doing some creative personal projects I have to switch back to being Ni subtype for some reason (It's just as painful and difficult as the first switch, but over time it got easier).

I wish I can see a video of these 2 talking and observe how they communicate:
    Bill Gates - LII-Ti (fairly sure of this, esp. after seeing his younger videos)
    Jeff Bezos - LII-Ne (not so sure of this typing. He has extremely controlled emotional expressions that gives me the impressions of hidden trauma. But I could be wrong)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    I switched from Ni subtype to Te subtype, and when I talk with ILI-Ni people, I have this subconscious drive to encourage them to develop more Te and Se, which is of course not realistic in one conversation and it's not my place to tell them. Interestingly, when I'm doing some creative personal projects I have to switch back to being Ni subtype for some reason (It's just as painful and difficult as the first switch, but over time it got easier).

I wish I can see a video of these 2 talking and observe how they communicate:
    Bill Gates - LII-Ti (fairly sure of this, esp. after seeing his younger videos)
    Jeff Bezos - LII-Ne (not so sure of this typing. He has extremely controlled emotional expressions that gives me the impressions of hidden trauma. But I could be wrong)
    Bill Gates is an LII-Ti.

Sounds interesting

I tend to listen to sports debate shows. LII-Ne are naturally more comfortable doing publicity but the LII-Ti can do publicity rather effectively the more comfortable the environment allows them to be.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Bill Gates is an LII-Ti.

Sounds interesting

I tend to listen to sports debate shows. LII-Ne are naturally more comfortable doing publicity but the LII-Ti can do publicity rather effectively the more comfortable the environment allows them to be.
    In the Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos comparison, I feel Gates comes off as more genuine when talking about ethical issues. But then Bezos might not be a typical representation of LII-Ne. I don't know how they are like in private life.
    The LIIs I see in real life: I feel more mature LIIs will carefully observe ethical rules in community/family no matter what subtypes they are (might not impress other Fe types, but certainly better than my Fe PoLR).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Vis, I also get the impression that Bezos experienced early trauma, for the reasons you stated.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk hard to explain, I think Fe subtype IEIs probably have better in the moment social skills than Ni subtype IEIs or something. It feels more warm and personable and empathetic kind of, though Ni subtypes are often compassionate. I think Ni subtype IEIs are often kind of too Hannibal-y and abrasive in their communicative style even if they are stereotypically soft, shy sensitive and "artistic" etc. It might also be the more 'weirder' version of IEI I think- as people have often called me a weirdo all my life even when I didn't think I was being that weird at all. I think IEI-Fes are more like SEI normie like or something, and probably more objectively likeable. In writing I come off very Fe at times, and I can amp up the creative Fe very often but IRL it is definitely more Ni.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Vis, I also get the impression that Bezos experienced early trauma, for the reasons you stated.
    Either hidden trauma or psychopath But I have evidence for neither. Either way he's not a fair representation of any type/subtypes so I should stop using him as an example haha

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    idk hard to explain, I think Fe subtype IEIs probably have better in the moment social skills than Ni subtype IEIs or something. It feels more warm and personable and empathetic kind of, though Ni subtypes are often compassionate. I think Ni subtype IEIs are often kind of too Hannibal-y and abrasive in their communicative style even if they are stereotypically soft, shy sensitive and "artistic" etc. It might also be the more 'weirder' version of IEI I think- as people have often called me a weirdo all my life even when I didn't think I was being that weird at all. I think IEI-Fes are more like SEI normie like or something, and probably more objectively likeable. In writing I come off very Fe at times, and I can amp up the creative Fe very often but IRL it is definitely more Ni.
    Well, I can certainly fake being a normie pretty well at least. That's something I do all the time lol

I think you're right that the Ni (irrational, as Stray put it) subtype tends to come off as notably weirder than the Fe (rational) subtype does. Given that we have all the same functions, I don't think us Fe sorts are that much less weird than the Ni IEIs, but I do think we tend to be a little more focused on the impact we're having on our audience and so might appear to be so depending on the image we want people to have of us. I find that bits of my weirdness, when they manage to slip through, usually come as a shock to people. I think the Ni subtypes are just a little more raw and can be surprisingly real with people
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Well, I can certainly fake being a normie pretty well at least. That's something I do all the time lol

I think you're right that the Ni (irrational, as Stray put it) subtype tends to come off as notably weirder than the Fe (rational) subtype does. Given that we have all the same functions, I don't think us Fe sorts are that much less weird than the Ni IEIs, but I do think we tend to be a little more focused on the impact we're having on our audience and so might appear to be so depending on the image we want people to have of us. I find that bits of my weirdness, when they manage to slip through, usually come as a shock to people. I think the Ni subtypes are just a little more raw and can be surprisingly real with people
    IEI-Fe pay greater attention to social cues. They make it a point to be viewed as socially responsible or, at the very least, socially impactful. They are big picture people, which makes them rather ideal counselors.

IEI-Ni probably care more about living up to the personal image he/she has for themselves. They have an impressive ability to really believe in something. IMO, if the IEI-Ni finds a path that is truly meaningful to them, their focus and drive to reach their particular goal can be astonishing.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    In the Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos comparison, I feel Gates comes off as more genuine when talking about ethical issues. But then Bezos might not be a typical representation of LII-Ne. I don't know how they are like in private life.
    The LIIs I see in real life: I feel more mature LIIs will carefully observe ethical rules in community/family no matter what subtypes they are (might not impress other Fe types, but certainly better than my Fe PoLR).
    It seems LII-Ne are more easily excited by information. They enjoy being creative with info and, perhaps dig finding innovative ways that they can inspire themselves and others with it

LII-Ti are good at logically drawing conclusions and then, making it clear to others why they drew that particular conclusion. Following their logic ain't difficult as they will pretty much detail it for you, if you listen

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    It seems LII-Ne are more easily excited by information. They enjoy being creative with info and, perhaps dig finding innovative ways that they can inspire themselves and others with it

LII-Ti are good at logically drawing conclusions and then, making it clear to others why they drew that particular conclusion. Following their logic ain't difficult as they will pretty much detail it for you, if you listen
    Makes sense

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

LSI-Ti are similar to how @Stray Cat said SEI-Si and LSI-Se similar to how he or she said SEI-Fe was. But LSI-Ti also process less information, especially visually.

I've mentioned this before about LSI subtypes. The LSI-Ti is less coherent, less detailed, less deductive, and has a louder more dynamic voice (they sound out words more, it sounds more choppy) compared to LSI-Se which sounds smoother; LSI-Se have the best, sexiest voice in the socion followed by ILE-Ti... LSI-Se still have a smooth, soft, monotone voice and while they speak in an affirmative tone more than an interrogative one especially compared to ILE-Ti and EIE-Ni, but it's a usually a very smooth one. LSI-Se females' speech is more monotone, less sugary compared to LSI-Ti females' speech. LSI-Se more commonly goes on verbose, pressured, pedantic, and less interruptible monologues (or instructions) than LSI-Ti. LSI-Se dislike being interrupted more. LSI-Se talk somewhat faster, but they're more detailed. LSI-Se sound more like EIE-Fe and the two types pay attention to details and are deductive, analytical in their arguments LSI-ti and EIE-ni are more inductive and synthethic and less original, and their works are more likely to be synthesis, they're less linear in thought and less able to see and break down into details compared to LSI-Se and EIE-Fe. LSI-Ti has a more difficult time making a priori arguments; LSI-Se are the true causal and effect thinkers between the two subtypes, LSI-Se see cause and effect much better. LSI-Se ask way more questions than LSI-Ti... LSI-Ti make more assumptions and aren't as anal about inconsistencies.

SLE-Se sounds more commanding, explodes more, and speaks in metaphor more compared to SLE-Ti. SLE-Ti tend to follow grammar rules to a tee while SLE-Se don't and are more sequential than SLE-Se. SLE-Ti are better at public speaking as well and they retrieve factual information or able to correct errors or clarify things for people much more easily (unless they're trying to keep someone in the dark to piss them off, which they and EIE-Ni and ILE-Ti all tend to like to do).

SLE-Ti are more extraverted and less socially anxious compared to SLE-Se.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 02-02-2022 at 02:21 AM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.