So I've been in the process of typing everyone around me, and mostly everyone except my ESFx sister and IxTp stepdad have been into it. The latter have hated it, they have expressed so much distaste about it when I'm discussing it with them to the point where I feel uncomfortable talking to them about it because they react so negatively to it for some reason. It's almost shocking to me, I'm confused why they're so angry about it, I'm just sharing my thoughts and observations.
Anyways, that's not the point of why I'm writing this; the point is that I've been confused about my sister's type. I know my stepdad is an IxTp, and we really do not get along well at all (he's very matter-of-fact and pointing out all of my logical incorrectness and whatnot; I had an ISTp friend for a long time and we were super good friends, so I have been led to believe my stepdad is an INTp but he's an ISTP in mbti, so idk), so I don't think that I could be an INTp (i'm stuck between ILI/ILE, trying to see all the parallels and interactions between my relationships with everyone to verify my type), but my sister is an ESFx type, but I really cannot tell what. There are some things about her that strike me as ESE, and some SEE.
For one, she seems to exhibit a good amount of Si and seems to be very aesthetically inclined, especially her room. Her room looks like how I would imagine an Fe-Si ego type would decorate their room, but maybe it's an SF thing. But she just has WAYYYYY too much Fi to be an ESE. Like, it's off the walls. She's extroverted and she does not strike me as an ESI, but she doesn't seem to have any Se either?? Idk honestly, it's confusing. A few characteristics about her:
- She values her identity a lot, and hates when people try to tell her who she is (indicative of Fi valuing possibly? maybe she's just Fi in MBTI??).
- After joking about the end of Avengers: Infinity War and how it was the best part, she told me "umm, I think you need to check your morality haha" (sure she was probably joking too, but something to note still, it doesn't seem like something an Fi-ignoring type would say)
- She can be so incredibly passive-aggressive for always some stupid reason that it's not even funny, in fact it's kind of unwelcoming since she does it all the time
- During COVID, she felt the need to fact-check everything, which could be Te-valuing? My ESI mom does the same exact thing
- She is very committed to social causes, and she has a lot of knowledge on various hierarchal movements in society; in fact one of her key points is how 'the industrial revolution has manipulated America into a massive corporate culture" and half the time I'm so confused as to where she even learned about this stuff and how strongly she takes it to heart
- She cares a ton about climate change, the world's health, how we 'don't have enough time to fix it, 'we're already doomed'', how society needs to reform itself, politics, etc.
- Rather than maintaining a fun mood in a group, she insists that everyone's humanity is respected before anything else (personal pronouns like they/them, sexual preferences, etc.) and this has earned her a big title at her school as being an empathizer to all people who are different, like people who struggle with their identity or pronouns or sexuality or whatever
- When I started learning about personality systems, I showed it off to my family as something they think was interesting, along with describing their types and their behaviors. Surprisingly my ESI mom was incredibly fascinated by it (after deducing the factual accuracy of it), but my sister and stepdad were downright defensive when I started talking about it; I wrote an analysis of everyone in the house earlier before I started talking about it to them, and when she found out she literally grabbed the paper, hid it in her room, and demanded "Don't analyze me!" when I asked for it back
- Like I said, my mom is ESI; they have the exact same political views, ESI mom claims that my sister 'trusts and cares about facts way more than I do by 10 times', they believe in addressing people with empathy and respect with regards to their personal pronouns and whatnot, they will not hesitate to kill the mood of something to make sure everyone's humanity and morals are respected, etc.
- She seems way too standoffish, emotionally cold, and way too sensitive to anything remotely offensive to be an Fe-valuer of any sorts
I get that they didn't want me to do that to them, but I was literally so unbelievably confused as to why someone would be offended by it in the first place, like I'm not kidding, my brain could not think of a single basis of a logical reason as to why she would take such offense to it. I get that they didn't like it, and I stopped when they told me to and I found out, but I did it at first with literally no possibility in my head that someone would be offended by it?? Anyways, I asked my mom about it, and she said to me, "It seems like she doesn't like being put in these boxes of being told how she acts, or rather doesn't like being under the impression that there is some thing she is in that tells her that she is destined to act that way", which in my opinion, sounds a whole lot like what Ti vulnerable would be?? Maybe I don't know enough about Socionics, but socio Ti is all about putting things in frameworks to describe the way the world works and categorizing things and perfecting analysis of objects and whatnot and trusting that the systems must perfectly be adhered to as if they are unchangeable and absolute to, and she seems to really hate that a lot; she seems to put it as the utmost unimportance in her life, avoiding basically any conversation about it possible.
I mean in my head, maybe she is Ti-valuing because she wants to decide on her own about her own systems?? But idk, it just sounds a whole lot like what I imagine Ti vulnerable would be. She doesn't seem to exhibit Se to me, but she is for sure a sensing type and an extrovert, and while I see some Fe-Si in her, the amount of Fi and Ni she has is so fing undeniable to ignore. I can't really find any arguments for Ni PoLR about her, as for Te PoLR I can't really find any either?? If she is a SEE then she is undoubtedly a heavy Fi subtype for sure, placing much less emphasis on Se, but I am still unsure. Anyways, the whole point of this wasn't to figure out what to do to get along, I've already followed her boundaries and we get along good now, but this is more about what you guys think her type would be based on what I've given?? I've been so confused by it, it's so hard to tell ESE/SEE apart, even though it probably shouldn't be this hard for me to discern lol