Thread: Alphas, what are your opinions on Gammas?

Hybrid View

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    But the easiest example I can think of is their view toward romance, which I think is generally stereotyped by Socionicists as "golddiggerish." That's maybe an oversimplification and you can complain about generalizations, but Socionics is all about generalizations and this one gets at something that is difficult for me to describe in another way.
    This I can confirm for at least the ESI-Se I dated. I broke off relations with him because he begun insisting that I should lend him quite some money, even though we hadn't been dating for long at all. He repeatedly ignored my argumentation why I didn't want to lend him money. I felt extremely pressured by him and regarding money I don't like that. It also made me feel unloved, because it gave me the feeling that he was more interested into my money than me.
    Last edited by Armitage; 01-17-2022 at 07:07 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    This I can confirm for at least the ESI-Se I dated. I broke off relations with him because he begun insisting that I should lend him quite some money, even though we hadn't been dating for long at all. He repeatedly ignored my argumentation why I didn't want to lend him money. I felt extremely pressured by him and regarding money I don't like that. It also made me feel unloved, because it gave me the feeling that he was more interested into my money than me.
    I went out with an ESI and we had a great time, but then I made the mistake of telling her approximately what I earn, and after that, she wouldn't go out with me again.

On the other hand, on my first date with another ESI, she told me right away how much she made (it was above-average, even for males) and so I told her what I make, insofar as I make any given amount, and we continued to go out many times after that. She never offered to pick up the check, though, which I didn't like.

I don't expect an ESI to make as much as I do, but I do expect her to be able to pay her own way. I look for that because it evens out the power relationship. After all, I'm looking for a "strong" woman.