Thread: How would you describe an IEI?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How would you describe an IEI?

How do you visually identify one? What characteristics do you often find in them?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI is a very feminine personality. Probably the most feminine personality.

When a man gets this personality type, he often ends up looking (and acting) gay, whether he is or not.
    Female IEIs are usually conventionality very beautiful. If they are IEI-Ni, then they are beautiful in a dark and mysterious way. If IEI-Fe, then they are beautiful in an open and public way.

IEIs often look slightly dreamy, as if they are only partially engaged in the world, and are mostly engaged in a dream world of their own making.

They are introverts who tend to observe, but what they notice is everything about who people are, not what they look like. In fact, despite usually having remarkable Ni taste in clothes and furnishings, they can miss physical details of their surroundings.

IEIs can sometimes appear to be fragile, but they are inverted SLEs, and so are anything but fragile. They are actually extremely tough and can survive in and successfully navigate almost any environment. They can often be found traveling alone, because they are socially curious and are confident in their ability to successfully play off the people in the world.

IEIs are built to be social diplomats to the insensitive and socially clumsy SLEs. IEIs want to control the strongest person in the room, and they have all the tools needed to attract that person and challenge them and prove that they are their social equal.
    In IEI males, this appears as a willingness to be emotionally manipulative towards older, wealthy battle-axe females. In IEI females, this appears the same way, but somehow seems more acceptable. Lol.

IEIs are often single, since they tend to feel Ni “apart” from the world. They are used to feeling like there is no one else who is anything like themselves, and so develop a strong sense of independence, despite being able to empathize with every person they meet. When they do form liaisons, these relationships are often temporary. It takes a very strong individual to hold their attention for long.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-13-2022 at 01:13 PM.

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sort of thing is really difficult to explain bc what makes a person's type is not something like "all IEIs have thick eyebrows", and even if theres a correlation with a specific description its not the thing that makes the VI the VI.
    it took me years of trying to find patterns in faces that would apply to types while struggling with typing people.

feelers in general tend to have more of a heart shaped face, narrow chin with horizontal cheekbones. tendency to have overbite maloclusion. theres a pleasant dent in the eye area if that makes sense.
    the nose bridge area between the eyes of intuitives is smooth/relaxed while tense in sensors.

second guy right to left is IEI

SLE for comparison

IEI

SLE
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype how muscle use shapes personality

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to do with honour (or trying to be honourable)

-Samuel Johnson, in his A Dictionary of the English Language (1755), defined honour as having several senses, the first of which was "nobility of soul, magnanimity, and a scorn of meanness".

Someone on here called them ‘moody chameleons’ which I like. I was in awe of chameleons as a kid, also my mum used to buy me mood rings..probably some sort of attempt to help me manage my mood.

I have big (or wide) eyes, fly away hair, a dodgy chin lol
    Last edited by Bethany; Yesterday at 04:52 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-IEI: Twinky, upbeat guys that have a refreshing sense of mischief and always manage to put a smile on your face even if you’re generally miserable/wary of friendly people
    Last edited by Averroes; 01-13-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    IEIs are often single, since they tend to feel Ni “apart” from the world. They are used to feeling like there is no one else who is anything like themselves, and so develop a strong sense of independence, despite being able to empathize with every person they meet. When they do form liaisons, these relationships are often temporary. It takes a very strong individual to hold their attention for long.
    I have observed that people who are often single, come to a relationship late in life, or have trouble holding long-term relationships are often IP temperament types. Having trouble holding a long-term relationship (as in longer than 1-2 years) is common among EPs too, though perhaps not for the same reasons.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

~Nietzsche

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like what Adam Strange said, it was nice and constructive enough but to add a few minor corrections/nuances lol:

I feel both oversensitive/fragile but also more powerful at the same time, or very aware of things, I am very good at predicting what will probably happen before it does. (ESEs are in awe of this lol)

I know I'm not really that masculine by the traditional sense of the word not really at all (I don't like first person shooters or getting into bar fights or saying deeply cutting things to ppl while wearing a Hell Biker's leather jacket etc) - but I don't really feel feminine either. I basically feel like a beta male video gamer lol. The str8 male IEIs feel similar in this regard to myself, though they usually like somewhat more traditional male things as well.

If I don't want to outright control the most powerful person in the room, I at least notice them. When owners of businesses or when ppl are powerful in other ways, I pay attention to it- and I'm aware when ppl are making power plays. I can be naive about things but I'm not naive in the way ESEs are... yikes. lol. I love them though. /rubs ESE naive alpha empathy.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI is a very feminine personality. Probably the most feminine personality.
    Lmao, I’ve been approached by a guy on here who thought I was a girl catfishing as a guy. He was disappointed. I think at least one other guy has thought the same thing, or at least thought I am a girl.
    Last edited by Djinn; 01-15-2022 at 04:35 PM.

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    D E M O N
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs can be pretty feminine I agree. IEIs look dreamy, torn away from reality, like they were some magical creature that was placed here.

Their movements are slow. Their speech is usually careful, statements are almost always tentative and usually contain a preamble and ended with backpedaling.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I don't like first person shooters or getting into bar fights or saying deeply cutting things to ppl while wearing a Hell Biker's leather jacket etc.
    What's funny is that Yesenin would literally get into bar fights.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    What's funny is that Yesenin would literally get into bar fights.
    He also wrote his last lines of poetry in his own blood before hanging himself.

Alcohol is a helluva drug.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also wrote his last lines of poetry in his own blood before hanging himself.
    Just IEI things (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    D E M O N
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a socionics site that argues that Yesenin wasn't even IEI but in fact SEE.

https://www.socionika.lv/iepazisim-g...senins-1-dala/

TIM
    Indefinite
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you describe an IEI?

With words in a comment

GOAT
    TIM
    SLE-H