Thread: What is his type and what is his culture?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What is his type and what is his culture?

When I first "met" him, it was through writing on a dating app / social media and I thought he is an extroverted Fe type. He is quite gushy in writing (emoticons, hearts, etc.) and presents a pretty well-curated social media image (albeit not a consistent one). His social media makes him appear extroverted and social (although I have come to realize that he is tagged in most pictures rather than having posted them himself), but in person, he is quite introverted, doesn't much care about people except for the ones very close to him, and only likes attention when it's related to his music . But other than that, he, as per his own words, "loves being alone with his significant other, playing guitar or playing video games or watching a movie. Or traveling."

SLI makes a lot of sense for him, but the social media presence and gushy-ish writing don't quite fit. However, he is from a culture that I would describe as extroverted and emotionally expressive, as well as image-conscious. He does not love social events, but he handles them like a pro - he is genuinely friendly and warm and charming (to an extent I have not seen in SLIs yet, but most SLIs I know are from the U.S. and Central/Northern Europe).

Or what other type could it be?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pictures for VI.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be a well rounded individual with some developed Fe, enough to make a short social event go smoothly...you've done this long enough to notice that Fe-polr doesn't mean some autistic deaf dumb and mute person who can't smile... I actually think many "out of house" quadra families make better Fe polr people, not same quadra families.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds like an IEI, SEI. or something.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could he be SEI-Si, if not SLI?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A SLI-D maybe- if he uses Fe outside the roles. They say that dominants are the most like their type substrictions and creatives are often the least like but I don't know about that - as I'm IEI-C but I also feel like in many ways I'm a classic cookier cutter IEI as well. It's also why I have a hard time accepting being a 4 as well sometimes, they are supposed to feel special or different from others - and I don't really feel special or different at all lol. Maybe I come across that way at times, but internally- I don't really feel that way at all. So maybe they were just wrong about that part. In type theory there is probably lots of truths mixed in with projections and false psychoanalizations etc. Not everybody is going to fall neatly within Te/Ti frameworks that people want.

Being good with people really has nothing to do with actually caring about them, it's true. It's more about manipulation and charm. I don't know, I think when IEEs get crushes on SLIs they can even see them as more charming or endearing then they really are- it can be hard to objectively gauge those things anyway. And yes, the concept of Fe definitely varies culture to culture. It's why Gulenko views himself as a LII but to many other people he's ILI because Russians are often so stereotypically cold and serious and 'non-gay' like.

He could still be SEI or IEI as well though. I mean you get along with IEIs pretty good for the most part anyway right <3. On talvn (sp?) test thing-they said IEE was the type I was third most like so even though it's an opposing quadra type - the real reality of things is often more complicated than quadras campily clashing.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he feel like Keanu Reeves?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Sounds like an IEI, SEI. or something.
    I hadn't considered IEI...ohhhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Could he be SEI-Si, if not SLI?
    I have wondered about SEI and realized I don't know much about them. He doesn't strike me as alpha though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    A SLI-D maybe- if he uses Fe outside the roles. They say that dominants are the most like their type substrictions and creatives are often the least like but I don't know about that - as I'm IEI-C but I also feel like in many ways I'm a classic cookier cutter IEI as well. It's also why I have a hard time accepting being a 4 as well sometimes, they are supposed to feel special or different from others - and I don't really feel special or different at all lol. Maybe I come across that way at times, but internally- I don't really feel that way at all. So maybe they were just wrong about that part. In type theory there is probably lots of truths mixed in with projections and false psychoanalizations etc. Not everybody is going to fall neatly within Te/Ti frameworks that people want.

Being good with people really has nothing to do with actually caring about them, it's true. It's more about manipulation and charm. I don't know, I think when IEEs get crushes on SLIs they can even see them as more charming or endearing then they really are- it can be hard to objectively gauge those things anyway. And yes, the concept of Fe definitely varies culture to culture. It's why Gulenko views himself as a LII but to many other people he's ILI because Russians are often so stereotypically cold and serious and 'non-gay' like.

He could still be SEI or IEI as well though. I mean you get along with IEIs pretty good for the most part anyway right <3. On talvn (sp?) test thing-they said IEE was the type I was third most like so even though it's an opposing quadra type - the real reality of things is often more complicated than quadras campily clashing.
    I think he really is genuinely charming, but I do think Fe > Fi at this point. It would be kind of hilarious if I accidentally married an IEI. Sneaky bastards. Or maybe not Fe > Fi... I have neglected Socionics for so long and know nothing anymore. I kind of want to campily clash though. That sounds cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post
    Does he feel like Keanu Reeves?
    I don't know...? What type is Keanu Reeves?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    He could be a well rounded individual with some developed Fe, enough to make a short social event go smoothly...you've done this long enough to notice that Fe-polr doesn't mean some autistic deaf dumb and mute person who can't smile... I actually think many "out of house" quadra families make better Fe polr people, not same quadra families.
    Right...but he is really pretty adept at being charming. Which could very well be socialization. I don't know.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Can't you just ask me questions and type him for me, lovely people??
    ― Anais Nin

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be your dual, but how does he look like actually?
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

I don't know...? What type is Keanu Reeves?
    Some people here type him as SLI. And I think he's either ESI or SLI. And this guy is really charming despite being introvert and a little bit socially arkward.