Thread: My Death and A Proverbial Cup of Coffee: A Highly Regrettable Post

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Death and A Proverbial Cup of Coffee: A Highly Regrettable Post

Some of my faintest memories from my early youth were the nights I spent pondering suicide. I would sneak into the kitchen at night after everybody had fallen asleep so I could grab the knives and press them against my skin. A different knife and a different body part each time, and I thought about what would happen if I decided to take that plunge. I wondered, "What if I take the plunge into my chest? My arms? My throat? What if I made a deep slash across my belly or sent this blade delving deep into the socket of my eye?". And when I thought about what would happen to me I imagined life would hand me a cool cup of distillate solace, just a state of purity, and the very prospect was euphoric. I really wanted that for myself but I never really had the courage to take the dive. Why? Because I thought about all of the pain it would cause to those around me. Could you imagine the weeping fallout of families to lose their young like that? Just one night, without a word, a child curls up alone in a corner and kills itself. So I decided to show others mercy by pushing onward. For them. I lived just for them. So my compulsion to live, not for myself but for others, set a precedent that would influence the rest of my life. In retrospect I realize I was unusually and profoundly existential for a 2 year old. It makes one wonder what would cause such a young child to adopt such a strange nightly ritual.
    Have you ever heard of high place phenomenon? It is an urge to jump many people get when standing near a high place ledge or railing. People don't ever really jump because they would die, but that strange compulsion is there. I have felt this underlying pervasive feeling my whole life, not when I am high in the sky, but when I am grounded on my feet. Again, I never take my own life because I feel compelled not to hurt others. I never had the courage to hurt my parents, my adopters, but as time went on I realized how neglectful and abusive they have always been. I was told I was "loved" but that they did not really like me. That was rending, and I didn't understand it but I accepted it anyway. Then, as time went on, I realized that their so called "love" for me was conditional. They adopted me so I could be their little fantasy child and I think they genuinely love the fantastical version they have of me, but I do not know how close it is to the real me. I just do not know, but it can't be too close. Regardless, it is not me whom they love. I don't care about them or their feelings anymore because I realize I only ever had my own back. I am the outsider. I am the black sheep.
    When I met my biological parents earlier this year it felt like things were really changing for me. It felt like I had met people with whom I finally belonged. Like I met people I could live for. My birth-father told me he loved me just as he loves all of his children, and with him I met two half-siblings whom I adored. In fact, I still smile when I think of my little sis and I feel dejected when I realize I will never get to spend time with my little bro. Because my birth-father disowned me and banned me from speaking to my siblings all because I had once mentioned he had made me feel uncomfortable on one occasion. That's it. He let his personality disorder get the better of him and he threw his "love" for me out the window and turned my siblings against me because I dared to feel comfortable enough to mention I felt uncomfortable. I will mourn that loss for the rest of my life. When I told my adoptive mother about what had happened she didn't care about my feelings, she seemed... pleased. So why, oh why, do I keep on living for people who don't honestly care about me? Why do I keep trying to do what is best for others and give them what they want just so I can ignore what I want. All I want is to die. I have one more shot though. I have my birth-mother, and I really love that woman, but a part of me feels like it has always been too late for us to have a relationship since before I drew my first breaths. She says that she loves me and that she will never let me go. Earlier on during my reunion with her we had a moment when I broke down sobbing and pleaded her not to let me go without peace and closure. She took me into her arms and told me she will never let me go. Now only time will reveal if she spoke true.
    I have noticed something about my life and others' lives: we never, or rarely, really live for ourselves. I notice that everything around me is playing a game of omnidirectional tug-o'-war and I am the rope. So many factors trying to pull me in their own directions and shape me to their image. Like I'm some whorish piece of clay being molded and pounded into some artificially grotesque shape. It's not just my parental figures that I let dictate and influence how I live: it's everything. I let the ground determine how I walk. I let the people around me control my talk. I let the signs by the road determine how I drive. I let my job determine if I thrive. I let food tempt how I shit, and even if I stay fit. Culture determining what I value. Everything. I am doing this perpetual dance with everything and trying to follow the footwork. I am getting so tired though, so weary, and I want to dance by myself. I want to seize the reins in this tug-o'-war and pull myself into my own selfness instead of being the bitch of this earth. I am doing that right now, and maybe I will soon realize that I still want to die just like I always had, but maybe not. It's okay if I want to die. If that's how it shall be then I shall soon die. I have heard several times the saying, "It's better to live as a king for a day than a pauper for all one's life.", and I will be a king by getting what I alone truly want even if for a fleeting second.
    When I was in high school I failed someone once. I failed miserably. There was this new girl and she was always really friendly, but she had a lot of trouble acquiring new friends. She would always come on way too strong with people and get pushed away. She was really struggling and aching inside and I felt bad for her. Even though we had never really talked, she came up to me a few times calling me her bestfriend. I never really reciprocated anything she said, I was very standoffish I'd imagine, but it was because I was just so... jarred with how she kept approaching a stranger like me. I realized she was lonely and in need of friendship though, so I eventually began thinking about how I may provide her with the friendship she needed. When I finally felt ready to start that relationship, I waited for her to appear. And I waited... but I never saw her again. Apparently, she had killed herself the night before... I could have been there for her. I never even knew her name. I never wanted to fail someone like that again, and I got a chance to make up for it once. A friend of mine was contemplating suicide and came to me about it. I told him it was okay if he wanted to, but I would miss him and that I would like to ask of him a favor before he offed himself. He accepted my favor. The favor I asked of him was that he write a book before he departs. I don't remember what I asked him to write about, if anything. He began writing, which had primed him for some serious introspection just as I had hoped, and I don't think he even finished the first chapter before he gave up. Ha! The bastard went back on his word! He still owes me a favor! He actually, in his time of writing, realized he still wanted something out of his life and that he wanted to make something more of it for himself. He now seems to have an extremely promising future ahead of him. We never talk anymore and he will never read this but, I'm proud of you buddy.
    Following suit, I sat down here to write this just to see if some sort of inspiration emerged, and I find that I have only two desires left: to die and to have a loving relationship with my birth-mother. Since I now know what it is I truly want out of my existence, I don't have to be caught in the crossfire of life trying to make me into something I am not. I am pulling myself up by my own bootstraps now and pursuing what I want without distraction. I want to really connect with my mom and find peace and closure with her, and then if I get no further inspiration or I fail, I will die. Of course, I think it would only be fair that I ask her if I can do her any favors first, just as my friend once did for me.

Anyway, several years ago I decided I would be a philosopher and try to uncover the secrets of reality. I figured such an endeavor would keep me busy forever, but well, I don't really work on that anymore because I think philosophers are fools. So, like an old man, I will pass on a few of the more rare insights I had during that time. Hopefully someone will find them useful for something. Maybe a paperweight? Haha!:

All concepts/ideas/things are tools, so everything and anything has utility. If anything over on your slice of reality is failing to provide you with utility, then you simply are not using it right or you are wrong about its demonstrable lack of utility and thus could make use of trying a different perspective/skill/technique/goal in which you can use what is actually available to you. Don't deny nature's bounty, I guess.
    If I have an electric drill with a bit that doesn't spin it can't drill anything, so I wouldn't call it a drill. Maybe I bash a nail with it or stir my pot of stew, which would make it more of a hammer or spoon than a drill. A chair without an ass isn't much of a chair, so maybe it is more of a decorative piece. Assless chair is an aesthetic to behold. Let things define and speak for themselves in each moment and they will demonstrate what they really are, so don't try to tell something it is what it clearly isn't. Or do, if that's what gives you your utility. But when you turn away from household objects and apply that to deeper topics like God or one's self, then that can be pretty cool, ya know?
    Furthermore, I have found that the utility of ignorance is hard to beat. All of your blindspots, everything you have forgotten, and failed to comprehend are what allow you to make anything of existence and get anywhere. Think about this, you are walking along a path through the woods and suddenly it forks into three different paths. Which one do you chose? I mean, which is the right path for you? If you really want to find out which path you should take then you will have to stop and consider all of the different variables latent in each path, and if you're smart you'll realize that the effective variables are infinite and that you could not possibly make a single correct decision because the partisan veracity of each path is rendered with a null equilibrium. There is no correct path. Those who seek total enlightenment will be made still by this reality, never moving. But, if you could only just ignore some of the variables then you could definitely narrow down your options to one path. Correctness would be totally arbitrary and you could proceed with gusto, but to have made a decision you must have been stupid and ignorant about something. It is the dark idiocy that propels the light forward. Every smart person has a stupid dark side, for that is why they are smart. If you ever meet any fools, look closely and you may catch a glimpse of a sagacious twinkle in their eyes, when you notice it you should thank them kindly for the journey. You owe everything that you have ever made for yourself to your own moronic proceedings, you smarty-pants!

I have also learned how to spot true mastery. True mastery is recognizable by the replacement of hard work and efforts with playful artistry. There is no need to look for any signs of prestige or grandiosity, just look for the playful artist who knows what they do is perfect just how it is. They have no standards to meet. Even if one achieves the highest prestige and skill they can, what happens next? Well, since there is nothing left for them to achieve, they just live on as playful artists, but that is something anyone can become at any point. It just takes acceptance.

As for socionics, I once wanted to consummate it with mathematics. I even once wanted to expand upon the idea of IME dimensionality into something way greater, like, string theory-type dimensionality kinda shit. Socionics fundamentally has something ubiquitous and fractal to it, so hopefully some asshole can capitalize on that.

Oh, whatever. I'm tired, getting bored, and losing my mind over here. To my biological parents who will probably never see this:

Dad, fuck you. Your genes made me a neurodivergent mess. ADHD, autism, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and ffs probably narcissistic traits too. You also gave me an aberrantly high IQ but that never really did much for me, in fact, it has been more of a detriment. You liked to brag about that being in the gene pool. Yeah, you're so fuckin smart dad. Fuck you, you discarded me like trash. Twice... but I love you and forgive you nonetheless. Fucking bastard.

Mom, I... I don't know... I love you. I wish you'd smile when you see me. I wish you had the courage to really look me in the eyes. I wish you'd talk to me. I wish you never gave me away. Please save my soul. I don't know what to do anymore and I am scared.

-----------------

Irony Irony Irony
    so much irony. I am on a road to nowhere but that's just where I wanna be. Maybe.

"Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?"
    - Albert Camus

I have been sipping on a cup of coffee ever since I was two years old. Sometimes I wish I'd drink a little faster, but now that I am running out I don't know if I want to finish. Or I don't know if I even want to know...
    But hey, now when I tilt the mug back for a sip I can see its shiny bottom and my reflection is right there staring back at me. And look, I have a coffee mustache! Pfffft, I look so silly!
    Last edited by Djinn; 12-21-2021 at 05:24 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This indeed was a highly regrettable post.

​ehhh

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let Resto Shaman Kylie Minogue heal all mental wounds with her Mighty Rivers healing spell. You were nice enough to like my 'Better Than Today' song when a lot of ppl would have shoved me in a locker for enjoying it. Here is some more Kylie Minogue gayness to love. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIeMqwg2lI

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more literal experiences turned into abstraction. u need to get love first from the outside to internalize it maybe, but is it possible to simulate it with ur imagination and integrate it that way? maybe there's a more physiological aspect. u seem so lonely that happens to INFJs way too much.
    if u love someone that u dont know, someone u dont know does the same for u.
    thank u for trying whatever good u did counts
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist
    listen im cognitively dysfunctional and idk if i can even help or i should do anything but i will hate myself if i dont try
    What is there to help? Once the confusion settles (which is nigh) if I still want to die then assistance would be the classical case of a saint trying to save the world and ruining it in the process. When I was much younger, the prospect of suicide was deeply melancholic and saturated with despair, but as I grow older those deeper feelings fade away and are replaced with blase normalcy. And as I mellow out, this burgeoning sense of normalcy will reach its ambit, at which point suicide simply becomes automatic. Like breathing. We don't attach feelings to our breaths, and we don't choose to do it because we value it. I have always had feelings about suicide/suicidal ideation, but the trend I see is that eventually those feelings are going to disappear and yet the tendency will remain. I could choose to run away from all of this by making something out of my life and forming attachments, but my will to do so is a dying star. Besides, why would I build my life into something more if my death will remain an open door? I know things are perpetually changing and that I may at some point come to possess a more constructive inclination far greater than my primary inclination to die, but we'll just have to wait and see. Don't force anything.

And you have mentioned the option of attempting to simulate my own love and integrate it that way. I have attempted that successfully before, actually. But as I have said, things are perpetually changing. That which flows tandem to nature is the only thing which may outlast. Perhaps my closest inclination to nature is to die? What does one make of that? Everything dies, so maybe I'm just faster and more honest than most. Yes, what does one make of that?
    Aside from the tiring game of internal tug-o'-war to live or die, I recognize a third option. I recently read something on the occultic Order of the Golden Dawn which mentions different grades of attainment within the order. The three final grades of attainment are said only to be achievable by those who "cross the abyss", as they call it, and I realize I crossed the abyss years ago. The final grade from what I understand is called "Ipsissimus", and I can't help but notice this odd... feeling... that my development may be in the direction of this final grade. If the third option prevails, I become what I suppose may be the Rebis of life and death. Hmmm, does the Rebis like coffee? We'll have to wait and see. Don't force anything.

In the meantime, can I do you any favors? *sips coffee*

Hmmm, I just remembered something and wanna write it down before I forget again. In fact, I remember because of that Ciriax Lindwyrm and Nietzsche quote beneath your posts.
    The Ciriax Lindwyrm has multiple heads which reminds me of a hydra.
    The Nietzsche quote,"There are no facts, only interpretations.", is quite paradoxical and hard to tackle.
    Both paradoxes and hydras are fractal in abstract which makes them impossible beasts to conquer. I think. And since truth is an impossible beast to conquer, I see a connection.
    The hydra must be a symbol of truth and the deepest truths must be paradoxical. Impossible to comprehend with a seeker's mind, yet so attainable through acceptance.
    A truly honest existence must be bewildering to those who cannot accept existence.

I think I should post this on the thread as well. *sips coffee*

Oh, and cool Quora btw.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit maybe this shoulda been under the philosophy threads lol oh well it still probably fits here well enough

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissist

I realize my response could potentially have been misleading in some ways. Don’t think your attempts to help me go unappreciated. Thank you, for whatever it’s worth.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For me there's always an interplay of sun and moon, control and letting go. It often feels like letting go, melding into everything and just being in it without analyzing it would be a preferable state to always being in painfully aware conscious control of every action, every thought, every statement, but like most things, they operate on a dynamic, one side of the coin answering to the other and informing the other of a better way to be. Do I still wish I was less cripplingly in-control, yes. Awareness of the two sides of this dynamic itself it probably the problem.

Ironically, I don't think you always live for others when letting go, and I don't think you always live for yourself when in control. In fact, you might find it the opposite.

TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    @VewyScawwyNawcissist

I realize my response could potentially have been misleading in some ways. Don’t think your attempts to help me go unappreciated. Thank you, for whatever it’s worth.
    dying anyway is a given. u dont have to worry about that. its how u live that matters, how ur life affects others. this is morality/conscience.
    i dont find intepretations paradoxical. it is difficult and it takes irrationality into account, since everything is related like a word is defined by others and them by others u go into a loop. this implies u need to "accept" some things in the sense of letting them sit in your mind and make connections with everything else as u understand them, but that doesnt make it imposisble. the hydra is another symbol for identity and beta NF's changing faces.
    i agree with ouronis, there's interplay between conscious and unconscious, but at the highest states they are so differentiated they also seem to dissolve into one another. u see this more conceptually based in current culturual understanding in high performance shit like chess and video games.
    what u said about paradoxes i also get yet i find it dangerous to just accept things unconsciously/irrationally without relating them to others. that could result in insanity, tho u may be able to better tackle it with high IQ, and maybe ADHD is the cost/what enables u to be sane. like a great intensity of awareness that switches constantly. well actually the genes for iq are comorbid with those for mental illnesses, and everyone else is insane anyway.

if u want to do me favours, read mewing book from my links, read those answers https://majordiscoverythebrainandcra...les.quora.com/ and i need help spreading that. i also need u to get rich so i can mooch off of you.
    https://majordiscoverythebrainandcra...les.quora.com/

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u live by principles, not by experiences. just because it didnt work out like u wanted to doest mean that it doesnt count that u tried.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    if u want to do me favours, read mewing book from my links, read those answers https://majordiscoverythebrainandcra...les.quora.com/ and i need help spreading that. i also need u to get rich so i can mooch off of you.
    https://majordiscoverythebrainandcra...les.quora.com/
    I had looked at your Quora a bit and intended on looking at it more because it seemed interesting, and now that I looked into it more I am very intrigued! It seems super relevant to me. Personality disorders and neurodivergence, or at least a remarkable amount of their traits, are almost universal on both sides of my genetic family tree (especially cluster B), and I notice I do that mewing thing by default and I feel the pressure on my skull. I am not super chiseled or anything but the definition is there in my bone structure and all family members. You may really be onto something there, but imma need to look into it more.

Fuck... this is making me feel a lot less hopeful about having the relationship with my birth-mother that I've wanted.

TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had looked at your Quora a bit and intended on looking at it more because it seemed interesting, and now that I looked into it more I am very intrigued! It seems super relevant to me. Personality disorders and neurodivergence, or at least a remarkable amount of their traits, are almost universal on both sides of my genetic family tree (especially cluster B), and I notice I do that mewing thing by default and I feel the pressure on my skull. I am not super chiseled or anything but the definition is there in my bone structure and all family members. You may really be onto something there, but imma need to look into it more.

Fuck... this is making me feel a lot less hopeful about having the relationship with my birth-mother that I've wanted.
    forcefully changing ur muscle function is not good by itself/if u arent careful. mewing is just a part thin of other muscle function. i should have disclosed this, but its about how al lthe muscles are used. im saying this bc just stopping it will create other issues, u have to fix everything and conditioning to stabilize urself in a perfect state - idk how possible that is

check out andreas hofer and what he says on mbti, personality, tribes and evolution
    EDIT: i already jumped conlucions and thought u are stopping mewing forever

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    forcefully changing ur muscle function is not good by itself/if u arent careful. mewing is just a part thin of other muscle function. i should have disclosed this, but its about how al lthe muscles are used. im saying this bc just stopping it will create other issues, u have to fix everything and conditioning to stabilize urself in a perfect state - idk how possible that is

check out andreas hofer and what he says on mbti, personality, tribes and evolution
    EDIT: i already jumped conlucions and thought u are stopping mewing forever
    Yeah whoa, hold on there cowboy, I ain’t 100% convinced yet. The circumstances are enticing, and it seems plausible, but I’ll still need to look into it more. Even if you really did hit the bullseye with this, I am not sure I’d be too eager to focus on permanently changing how my tongue naturally rests in my mouth.

TIM
    β NF Sx4 461
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah whoa, hold on there cowboy, I ain’t 100% convinced yet. The circumstances are enticing, and it seems plausible, but I’ll still need to look into it more. Even if you really did hit the bullseye with this, I am not sure I’d be too eager to focus on permanently changing how my tongue naturally rests in my mouth.
    ye u prolly shouldnt

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Djinn

Go on Tor and purchase some mushrooms or LSD. Stop blaming yourself.

You have very useful 'tools'. Set your sights on your desires and achieve them.

Please talk to your mother.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    @Djinn

Go on Tor and purchase some mushrooms or LSD. Stop blaming yourself.

You have very useful 'tools'. Set your sights on your desires and achieve them.

Please talk to your mother.
    Heh, one step ahead of you. I tried the mushrooms route. 8g on an empty stomach but apparently the psilocybin content had degraded too much by the time they got into my hands because nothing really happened. Currently looking to get my hands on fresher ones before January is over. And yeah, I want them for the reasons already covered in this thread.

As for talking to my mother… well, I’m working on it but she has honestly been hurting me more than loving me. It feels like I am trying to achieve the impossible through brute force naïveté. I have been tenaciously learning about adoption reunion, my mental health, and her mental health so I can try to pick up all of the slack she is leaving me with. She said she wants a relationship with me too, but it feels very one-way so far and I am losing hope that I am actually of any priority or value to her. At this point, honestly, I kinda just want these shrooms to help get me into a mindset where I can just swiftly move past all of this and get on with the rest of my life.

It’s a shame really, that I have had 4 shots to amount to something in a parent’s eyes and I keep missing my mark.
    Woe is me. I make a damn fool of myself by whining on a public forum anyway. *sips coffee*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Djinn
    When people around you are shitty you don't need them. Anyone who causes you anguish is not deserving of your time. My advice to you is to simply meet like minded people. I am also too different minded from my family and I can never really get along with them. Other people will really only see your worth through your accomplishments so to get them to respect you, you must achieve your goals. Otherwise they will always be antagonistic towards you and see you as some slacker.

Psychoactive drugs are usually not recommended towards neurotic people but I've always had a positive experience with them [and I'm no longer neurotic!]

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Heh, one step ahead of you. I tried the mushrooms route. 8g on an empty stomach but apparently the psilocybin content had degraded too much by the time they got into my hands because nothing really happened. Currently looking to get my hands on fresher ones before January is over. And yeah, I want them for the reasons already covered in this thread.

As for talking to my mother… well, I’m working on it but she has honestly been hurting me more than loving me. It feels like I am trying to achieve the impossible through brute force naïveté. I have been tenaciously learning about adoption reunion, my mental health, and her mental health so I can try to pick up all of the slack she is leaving me with. She said she wants a relationship with me too, but it feels very one-way so far and I am losing hope that I am actually of any priority or value to her. At this point, honestly, I kinda just want these shrooms to help get me into a mindset where I can just swiftly move past all of this and get on with the rest of my life.

It’s a shame really, that I have had 4 shots to amount to something in a parent’s eyes and I keep missing my mark.
    Woe is me. I make a damn fool of myself by whining on a public forum anyway. *sips coffee*
    @Djinn, I never amounted to anything in my parents’ eyes. I attribute this to us having different ideas of what success looks like.

Similarly, my son didn’t turn out the way I had hoped, but since he is a happy and productive member of society, the problem is with me, not him.

Stop trying to please your parents. Life is too short to live their lives and then one for you, too.