Thread: What types or blind spots do you most associate with evil?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types or blind spots do you most associate with evil?

Weak/unvalued Fi. people with purely situational/contextual ethics or none at all

edit: meant to write “functions”, not “types”, but whatevs
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-20-2021 at 12:52 AM.

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weak Ni. It doesn't have the insight to really know what is truly harmful or not and instead just has to take things too much on a surface value.

Yeah, maybe I do dualize with 'evil.' But you breeder Christians still aren't better than me, hate to break it to ya. <3

Sin is tempting and hard to control. If there was no allure to being evil or it wasn't very tempting to give in we'd just all be Normal Deltas with perfect jobs and happy and we'd all just hold hands under the str8 sunset and everything in the world would be perfect again.

But not just my sin, your sins as well. We all like to justify our own sins and point out the sins of others too much, but God sees the hypocrisy of everybody anyway. Evil is fought mostly within and not without - and it gets to be too much for a lot of people. They need a bad guy to fight, somebody they love to hate- somebody to throw rotten apples at- and somebody they can smile at when they see beheaded. Whether it be 'SJWs' or 'blue collar str8 men.' You are all God's children, but yet you can't seem to get along. Jesus Wept.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

( Of course this is biased, I am seeing my own values and strengths as blind spots in others without noticing the harm caused by my own weaknesses or accounting for other people's values )

Unvalued Fi, especially PoLR and Ignoring
    Low Ni can lead to some pretty bad decisions. Of course high Ni by itself isn't going to stop a disaster, it actually can aid it.
    Ne PoLR can also lead to people ignoring consequences or believing in very harmful things.
    Last edited by InkBlue; 12-26-2021 at 01:39 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe base / Ti inferior, they have the ability to "justify" the most selfish, crazy ideas. (ESE, EIE)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve seen Fi PoLR and Ignoring make some egregiously unethical decisions, but I feel each person’s definition of “evil” will, to some degree, correspond to observing a weakness, ignorance, or misuse of that person’s base in others.

for example: to Se bases, a lack of willpower and ability to assert yourself is viewed almost as a character flaw.

To Te bases, frivolous, “stupid” behavior that has no practical connection to anything is viewed as a cardinal sin.

To Ti bases, illogical, out-of-context behavior is harmful.

the list goes on.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 12-21-2021 at 11:42 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Fe base / Ti inferior, they have the ability to "justify" the most selfish, crazy ideas. (ESE, EIE)
    Can you give an example of what you mean by this in ESEs?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Can you give an example of what you mean by this in ESEs?

ESE renter who hasn't paid rent for 22 months during the time when state laws prevent COVID evictions, when told that he either has to start paying rent again or be evicted, agrees reluctantly that it's time he starts paying again, and then adds that he might have a hard time finding a job and might be a bit slow in finding money for the next rent payment, says
    "I really hope this won't impact our relationship."

Fe vs Te.

In other words, "You pay my rent for me, and we'll have a nice relationship."

TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, anybody who refuses to acknowledge the weakness of their 1D IMEs and refuses to allow others who are stronger in those areas to keep them in check are bound to fuck things up eventually.

It especially becomes “evil” when somebody like that has power and/or responsibility.