Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the coolest type potentially ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is the coolest type potentially ?

Which socionics type do you think is sort of ingrained in people's subconcious that is the best type or the most desirable for someone to hold?

I'll relate an anecdote: some years ago , I exchanged letters with a very lost LSI-Ti dude that wanted to be Griffith from Berserk (For those who don't know who he is, he is the white hair dude in this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNlyuue89KM ) . This character is often regarded as one of the most charismatic in anime history; he is sort of a messianic fugure, up until he starts behaving too ruthlessly and impulsively. Even I fell under his spell a bit. This character is probably a LIE-Ni. You can see that even on this forum there is somebody who idolizes him (Eudamonia). So I'm wondering if the "type that everyone wants to be" is an objetive thing and shares a commonality (although I've noticed that people often admire or see them as a superior version of themselves their supervisors--wonder if this is true).

Which is the type that first comes to mind when you think of the type that everyone would want to be, or would most likely want to be?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dostoevsky. Man, perfected in God's eyes.

Or he would be, if I believed in God.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-15-2021 at 03:22 PM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read this fully before I thought ESI but I'm going with ESI. Mostly because I think they're cool and I admire their ability to just not give a fuck and say whatever they want. And they seem to have this coldness (idk if that's the right word) but also warmth at the same time. At least this is how I interpret them

And yes, I wanted to be an ESI once lol
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I didn't read this fully before I thought ESI but I'm going with ESI. Mostly because I think they're cool and I admire their ability to just not give a fuck and say whatever they want. And they seem to have this coldness (idk if that's the right word) but also warmth at the same time. At least this is how I interpret them

And yes, I wanted to be an ESI once lol

What if you really are ESI?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    What if you really are ESI?
    lol I can't tell how I'd react to that now but for the moment I don't think so
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ENTJ could be it. It's the type that survives best in our economic system, and EJ temperament is generally valued by society and the working world in particular as a desirable trait. Of course other types, such as LSE, LSI, SLE, EIE, are also probably envied for more or less the same reason.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    lol I can't tell how I'd react to that now but for the moment I don't think so
    I detect lots of valued Fi coming from you, so that in my eyes means IEI is probably not your type. Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Dostoevsky. Man, perfected in God's eyes.

Or he would be, if I believed in God.

You're thinking of Christ. What if Christ wasn't a Dostoyevski? What animal is commonly (there are several, but one is main) regarded as a representation of Christ ?

I'm going to post this awesome webpage here just in case I lose it again https://web.archive.org/web/20100815...nd01/beast.htm
    Last edited by roger557; 12-15-2021 at 04:05 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're thinking of Christ. What if Christ wasn't a Dostoyevski? What animal is commonly (there are several, but one is main) regarded as a representation of Christ ?

I'm going to post this awesome webpage here just in case I lose it again https://web.archive.org/web/20100815...nd01/beast.htm

I always thought that Christ was IEI, until I read on this forum that he was probably EIE. "Victim" for sure. Resented his father, quit work to wander in the desert with a bunch of bros and tell other people how to live, while living off the largess of older single women. Could be either IEI or EIE, but also might be a literary construct.

Probably not EII.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on current type / personal values, but also what a person perceives society to value. Some types seem to have it easier in today's world, at least from a ''success and safety'' standpoint. (Although what is important in life is purely subjective)

If I had the choice I would go with ILI, but I am thankful for my actual type as I think I have a very undeserved advantage.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm I think IEE is the coolest. It’s why SEIs prefer them to me :/ They know a bit about everything and they are funny.

I think a lot of people think ESIs are cool. They have a wider variety of knowledge than IEEs..but are not as vibrant. Both types are creative with language.

Some LIEs are cool, some seem dorky to me.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-xSI
    SLE
    Fe-IEI
    Artsy Si-SEIs
    Crusty social last Si-SLIs

HM:
    EIE-C/H
    Ni-LIE
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-16-2021 at 12:21 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answering @roger557's question: LSI-Se, ESI-Se, and SLE. Generally, those types are intelligent, beautiful, enduring decent, gentle leadership ability, independent, creative, have a perfect mixture of stereotypical masculine and stereotypical feminine traits; Se is unconsciously considered more attractive and sexy than Ni, Ne, and Si, most people wish they had strong Se. LSI-Ti while looking the most masculine of the Se egos, also look the least Se of all the Se egos and are the weakest of all the Se egos (they're actually slow to process elements of reality and they have few original insights and poor social skills), so they're not as cool as the others, not what others want to be, and they have poor ability to fight on the street as say a cop or someone in the military. Movies with "badasses" are commercially successful and it correlates with people subconscious bias towards strong and valued Se.

SEE aren't considered all that cool, although I think the Se subtype is.

I think most people would desire to be Beta or Gamma though due to the endurance of representatives of those two quadras, and their ability to internally calmly handle conflict (except LSI-Ti). I wish I were Gamma subtyped towards Beta or LIE-Te. Gammas are the very most enduring, the most able to put up with, work around conflict, can work their way through anything. I admire Gamma SFs subtyped towards beta, they're generally able to improvise and just answer questions at any time, to randomly pack up and leave and make enough money to live comfortably; I'm quite fond of them really.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-15-2021 at 10:30 PM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Hm I think IEE is the coolest. It’s why SEIs prefer them to me :/ They know a bit about everything and they are funny.

I think a lot of people think ESIs are cool. They have a wider variety of knowledge than IEEs..but are not as vibrant. Both types are creative with language.

Some LIEs are cool, some seem dorky to me.
    @Bethany In what way(s) do you mean ESIs that have a wider variety of knowledge than IEEs? I almost see it as like, ESIs invest more deeply into pursuing knowledge in a more limited range of areas, whereas IEEs are much more mentally flexible... but curious to hear your interpretation, thanks - and PS I think the IEIs I know are SUPER cool, dat Ni + Fe! Really grateful for my longtime friendship with an IEI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wonderwoman awww hmm I guess I just think of coolness as being about having a lot of ideas or opinions and also a depth of knowledge or playful self-expression through words. Saying something that grabs the attention of the room. I think ESI and IEE do this well when they are feeling confident and comfortable. ESI seem to have more detailed general knowledge than IEEs and are very articulate, IEEs might know a lot about a specific topic but mostly they seem to piece together random pieces of info they pick up and it’s a bit more people based than factual.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Ti subtype obv
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What is the coolest type potentially?

Me.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Whatever type I am at the moment.
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

Ding dong your opinion is wrong Teslobo's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential bias, but LSI/EIE seem to be the types of every villain in fiction where everyone is like "wow they're so cool I want to be edgy like them"

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which socionics type do you think is sort of ingrained in people's subconcious that is the best type or the most desirable for someone to hold?

I'll relate an anecdote: some years ago , I exchanged letters with a very lost LSI-Ti dude that wanted to be Griffith from Berserk (For those who don't know who he is, he is the white hair dude in this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNlyuue89KM ) . This character is often regarded as one of the most charismatic in anime history; he is sort of a messianic fugure, up until he starts behaving too ruthlessly and impulsively. Even I fell under his spell a bit. This character is probably a LIE-Ni. You can see that even on this forum there is somebody who idolizes him (Eudamonia). So I'm wondering if the "type that everyone wants to be" is an objetive thing and shares a commonality (although I've noticed that people often admire or see them as a superior version of themselves their supervisors--wonder if this is true).

Which is the type that first comes to mind when you think of the type that everyone would want to be, or would most likely want to be?
    Hm, I think Griffith is EIE - Ni... LSI want to be EIE? The dual seeking here is so strong that he want to be self dualizing lol!

I think SEE, LSI-Se and SLE are cool. But I don't really want to be any other types, because changing my type mean changing my own personality, which I don't like.

But for example if I'm being force to change to other type and there's no other choice, then I would choice SLI or LIE, these two are the most close to my own type...

Just wish I can have other types's strong point without changing my type....
    Last edited by Tarnished; 12-19-2021 at 07:44 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Over all it's probably SEE - even though there are no doubt SEEs that suck a lot, SEEs are like in the middle of the socion anyway and with creative Fi they can often relate/manipulate the most amount of people. They are known as the 'Politicians' of the socion for a good reason. IEI is the heart of the socion and in the middle of everything as well (semi-dual lurve), but SEE is like the body and heart mixed. They're also the most idealistic of the Gammas in a way, being the first Gamma- and it is part of Gamma that has yet decayed into immorality and doesn't need Delta to 'save it' so much. 2D valued Te helps bridge the gap between so many people in a very realistic way.

I don't see how SLE is the case- people make fun of SLE a lot as they are logical types and don't really have the ethical manipulations like SEEs do. They aren't really good at pretending to be good people if they aren't... which is like an ethical type superpower imnsho. Although yeah there are SLEs that are just the normie loving dad type- there is still the type of SLE that gets easily thrown in prison by LSE judges a lot lol.

Nobody really looks up to or wants to be an introvert because we're nerdy and awkward but I like it that way. <3 I need my distance from other people too much, fuck being cool.

I don't slay- I'm just gay. And if you don't like me? Go the fuck away.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's a Fact that EIE is the best type. Okay, that's my opinion.

The people on this forum will see the extroverted types as the most desirable, because they believe in the Socionics concept of duality and most of them are introverts.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se and ILI to me.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo, all of the Gammas!!!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    LSE
    ??
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    ??
    nvm I didn’t read the post very carefully.

LSE is the coolest type imo

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    nvm I didn’t read the post very carefully.

LSE is the coolest type imo
    LSE? Why? They always seem uncool and slightly boring. Te + Ni polr is in my opinion certainly uncool.

I always thought ILEs are cool. Ne new perspectives combined by Fi polr. They can have freshness and creative new perspectives. Not that I admire them, but objectively speaking.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    LSE? Why? They always seem uncool and slightly boring. Te + Ni polr is in my opinion certainly uncool.

I always thought ILEs are cool. Ne new perspectives combined by Fi polr. They can have freshness and creative new perspectives. Not that I admire them, but objectively speaking.

Stierlitz is sexy and cool ^^

Yes he's Ni polr, but hey nobody's perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx/So
    Sp/Sx

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Coolness” is contra flow. Relatability/likability is syn-flow

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was gonna say LSE too, but I thought a bit more about it, and no. I would say SEE.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's SEE.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The one that's been left in the freezer the longest.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griffith EIE-D > SEE-D > SLE-D

Best sociotype (yet the most hated, specially bc SEE and femme fatale stereotypes get wrongly associated with it) is EIE in Model G (a literal Mary Sue) then ILI.

In more classic socionics views it's gonna be Gamma rationals and EIIs I think.
    Last edited by RBRS; 10-04-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I admire their ability to just not give a fuck
    Looool, I came here to say "who gives a fuck (what the coolest type is)?"

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, LIE seems consistently described as the most uncool type if that's the type all the CEOs are, so probably SEI.

But also, who cares?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can be an interesting thing on an individual standpoint to think about which type is "coolest" and why as it produces a point in perception of others, and even self, that can be compared to other points of perception in time.
    The change, or lack thereof, can indicate growth, stagnation, self-assuredness, going throught a crisis, etc...

Reading this thread, I realized I'd give a different answer now than I would a few months ago or a few years ago, what I deem interesting in a person has changed a few times.
    I'm not gonna name types tho.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely not SLI, that's for damn sure lol I'll go with Gamma extroverts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast