Thread: What are your favorite pieces of meat?

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are your favorite pieces of meat?

Purely from an academic perspective.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mackerel sashimi

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare steak

raw salmon

fried chicken
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sautéed shrimp

Fried cod

Chicken in general -- but especially this particular dish with asiago cheese, creamy sauce, mushrooms, and bacon

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entrecote
    Roasted pork leg
    Eel
    Octopus
    Albacore

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fried chicken. Any salmon. Duck.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't much care for the taste of meat in general, but I like goat, and poultry (chicken, duck, and turkey I've eaten) is OK. I dislike "meaty" fish like salmon and tuna, but I do like catfish, and I've liked what I've experienced of more "fishy" fish (trout and yellowtail); I also like eel and octopus/squid, especially fried.

My least favorite meat is pork. It leaves a sour, unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth. I'n surprised people enjoy it so much.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe game meet. Like deer.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ate this type of meat once but I don't remember what it was lol (it might have been fried shrimp)
    And curry chicken
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium-Rare Victoria's Filet with garlic butter from Outback Steakhouse. Anything cooked more than medium-rare sucks. After that any good kind of greasy non-microwaved, non-crispy bacon.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yo momma's ass

cut brisket is really good and so is slow-simmered pork. I don't know what the actual name of the pork is.

but I've always been a chicken over red meat guy in everyday life.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boneless, skinless chicken breast

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast
    You always seem to have a flooded amusement cupcake to jump into with these bouncy and emerging opportunity streaks that the train naturally and musically spaces out.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Insert obligatory pic of a hot shirtless Chad.

Other kind of meat- usually I like chicken the best over-all or fish. I don't like red meat unless it's cooked right- and it always seems like it's easier for ppl to fuck up the tenderness compared to chicken. It's like making chicken- yeah you can overcook it and dry it out and it can be blah but it feels like there are more subtle/nuanced stages when cooking red meat and more smaller and insidious ways that you can mess it up or something. I also don't like hamburgers drenched in onions. Some is fine but a lot of ppl go way too overboard on that.