Thread: What percentage of yuppies/finance bros would you guess are actually gammas?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What percentage of yuppies/finance bros would you guess are actually gammas?

I feel like a healthy amount of sigma male patagonia vest wearing mbas are betas or alpha NTs that kind of coasted their way to great jobs
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-09-2021 at 04:06 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a good portion of them are probably gamma, but probably not by a large majority.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post

Gamma images lmao.

And the last one - Kurt Russel as Jesus lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Hey, I only check my portfolio once a month, not daily.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's difficult to say for certain what percentage of yuppies/finance bros fall under the gamma category. Individuals can possess a mix of traits that don't fit perfectly into a single archetype. However, it's important to recognize that labels like these can be limiting. That being said, it's not uncommon for individuals who are perceived as "successful" in certain fields, such as finance or business, to be drawn to the excitement and potential rewards of win real money games. However, it's important to approach any form of gambling with caution and to prioritize responsible behavior to ensure that it remains a fun activity rather than a source of stress or harm.
    Last edited by SophiaMorton; 04-03-2023 at 06:51 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type can be into finance. However, the vibe you are describing is predominantly Gamma values yes, occasional LSE too. Though plenty of Beta ST's can find themselves working these jobs too. It's not as "natural" as it would be for a Gamma or LSE.

You could find alphas in these fields too but I would speculate Alpha to be the least common quadrant associated with Yuppie Finance Bros

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All types are similar in a harm and use. They differ in what kinds of those do more.

In negative IR people pay more of attention on negative sides and underesteemate positive sides, what influences on general perception.
    Also people with objectively negative behavior and having bad IR will be evaluated worse, due to sum effect. Because of this more of "worst ones" should be remembered among with bad IR.

Objectivity and perception about people match not good, same as for many other what exists in the life.

//

If you have IEI, then remembered as "very bad SEE" are suspicious to have worse IR. As positive IR soften negative impression of a human and of what he does, besides lesser chance you'll perceive his actions as not appropriate.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII is a type that comes to mind. They can be interested in investing.

I've met one ESE who was working in finance. Maybe more on the marketing side.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the correlation of interest in, beyond what is necessary for comfort, material gain is primarily with Se valuing; it's not specifically Gamma. but logic supports managing and understanding finances, and intuition (mostly Ni) supports predicting future financial situations and thus helps with management too. so Gamma NT's could be especially excellent in that area. but in the financial world - as in most other places - being pleasant, ingratiating and interpersonally agile helps with getting advancements, which ethicals can do better than logicals.
    anyways, money-grabbers are overrepresented in Beta/Gamma.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    LII is a type that comes to mind. They can be interested in investing.
    I think LII are really not that interested in money, so I can't see them really being interested in investing, but life circumstances might push them in that direction. the only thing I invested in was crypto and even that was only after an IEI friend suggested it to me years ago. I can live with 1000 euro a month easily.

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    the correlation of interest in, beyond what is necessary for comfort, material gain is primarily with Se valuing
    agreed
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I think LII are really not that interested in money, so I can't see them really being interested in investing, but life circumstances might push them in that direction. the only thing I invested in was crypto and even that was only after an IEI friend suggested it to me years ago. I can live with 1000 euro a month easily.

I live and manage to save money with 550 Euro a month.
    Monthly bill : Apartment(only a small portion), Power, Internet, Car Insurance (even if I don't use my car and quasi gave it to my father). My health care is Free.
    RSA

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuppies denotes they came from money. So 25%
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.