Thread: Ni Demonstrative [EII / LII]

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni Demonstrative [EII / LII]

How does Ni manifest as demonstrative and what is your personal experience with it (in yourself or others)?

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xIIs seem to have even more of haze than IxI. This often comes with ADHD, selective loss of information that seems to happen unconsciously. It's like there's this vague Ni framework thats constnatly being built by their mind unconsciously, absorbing information from everywhere and giving them hints and hunches. For me they are way more conscious. xIIs seem to have more of a delay between their conscious and unconscious mind. This also seems to inspire flights of imagination, or even "active" imagination with them, which is their unconscious processes working autonomously. I think this inertia is in part what can make them particularly stubborn, as there is a bias/complex that builds itself in them that they dont have conscious access to manipulate easily. This can manifest in resentment and revenge ideation, as well as general passivity and procrastination, as they are used to having their intuition working independently of their conscious mind, so they handle things just like that. The resentmnet/revenge usually builds itself without them consciously influencing or questioning it muchh, i dont know how aware they are of it happening, but this results in dramas breaking out. They actually try to avoid them so they ghost/lose ppl often.
    There are also intrusions of conscience from it, just like resentment, ideation, perverted desires, truth detections > possessed by irrational impulses, here irrational means the built up unconscious material that hasn't been reasoned with the conscious mind.

Unlike IxIs, xIIs seem to be less aware of themselves? for the sake of more conscious displayed consistency of Ji. Its a more passive static Ni whose works beyond the conscious make it so they have a certain expectation of how everything outside should be, this includes other people, which often betrays them, which makes them repress psychic material further. I can feel alienated from them due to not being sure what's their cognitive make up, and thus what bias would follow to externalize from their Ti/Fi that i would have to try to reason them about, which they see me as inconsistent, inauthentic or illogical, which i am in a sense, but so are they in the truth that's hidden in them, that controls them. They can go through many painful transitions through life, where they thought they were right but weren't. Hanging strong to their established principles and having difficulty to consciously seeing all the connections at the same time can make them frustrated with life and themselves.

whatever bias they are possessed by... they have seen me as nitpicking criticizing them. thats bc whatever they are possessed by changes the meaning of what they say, so even if its true in the vague/general sense they would twist it to whatever's possessing them. they often become aware of this and try to change, but they do it in a Ji Ne way, Ne here meaning this one possibility of many, so the general Ni pattern is lost. This means they could do a similar mistake but not see the pattern is the same as the last one.
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 12-08-2021 at 04:30 AM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I experience a situation, I all at once view it and see it in the greater context of my understanding of the world and previous experiences. It's something like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. If everything fits, I gain a better idea of what missing pieces "look" like, and can get a pretty good idea of what the picture as a whole looks like even with a few missing pieces. If they don't, I become aware of the problem, and part of my mind will try to rearrange the pieces over and over until a solution is found. This all happens more or less automatically, with minimal conscious involvement, but I rely on it to navigate existence. In dealing with people for instance, I "see" their motivations, and I will at times get a flash of inspiration of how to talk to them or what to say, especially if it's to avoid trouble. These "flashes" of understanding appear at other times as well to correct me if my approach to something/my understanding has been mistaken. But it's difficult to put into words my reasons for these decisions except that I suddenly "sensed" it was the right thing to do. And I generally dislike analyzing these reasons much myself; the answers are rarely particularly interesting, and it diverts my conscious attention from things I do consider interesting. As @VewyScawwyNawcissist said, I prefer for this process to run autonomously, and deal with the results it feeds me rather than the process itself. But sometimes analysis does seem to be important, and I can do it. Occasionally I'll have dreams which seem important, for instance, and with those it's necessary to think about the Ni-connections my mind creates.

So the advantages of this seem roughly to be the ability to quickly make "leaps" in understanding, to maintain a relatively broad but essentially comprehensive view of reality, and to be perceptive in a certain way. This may sound somewhat abstract, but they are genuinely very advantageous. The downside of the process being unconscious though is that if I'm in a situation stressful enough, the part of my mind which handles this finds it necessary to prioritize other functions, and I lose completely my ability to understand and navigate life normally. I'm consciously aware of this, but I can't do anything about it, except to try to return to a more comfortable state and trust that my spirit will return to me if I do.

I also think there's a connection to Se PoLR. I have to maintain a certain detached perspective for Ni to function properly. Se challenges, which try to provoke responses, interfere, and so it's hard to come up with any answer except a fight-or-flight impulse.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkBlue View Post
    How does Ni manifest as demonstrative and what is your personal experience with it (in yourself or others)?
    They reactively have a constant change of perspectives to be looked at,
    while often ended up being either too detailed or general in their view about the continuation of time.

LIIs, as for instance, would have a proper struggle to discern whether they just leapt the ideas of information that comes out of nowhere as a hunch or rather that they didn't see the perspective at all. They might be drawn towards the bigger picture aspect of "things" to understand the world throughout the subjective lens of Ti. This seems to be more complicated since they can be dumbfounded enough to be unaware about their usage of intuition, as if they have a better understanding about their Introverted Intuition to deconstruct the structure periodically but probably don't know what they are doing with it.

EIIs are more demanding of the unity in their view of understanding according to the causality of demands to create the insightful future and avoid any unwanted "possibilities" that would have to be encountered by themselves, and more into "ethical" sharing than "logical" sharing akin to LII.

In general, Ni demonstrative doesn't seem to be aware about the hidden connections or trends to fixate themselves and instead,
    relying on just "one" connection or distinct pattern that made by Ne to be viewed by Ji as a "true perspective" of the world, while it necessarily doesn't mean likewise.

Not quite sure if I remember the experience with some EIIs and LIIs that well but for the sake of neutrality, they often demand for the similar view of things they do perceive, often expected everyone to agree with their opinion, while sometimes imposing themselves by either the logical or ethical framework they've built to turn the contrary perspective into somewhat a disputable enough opinion to be argued within their own judgmental attitude. xII would probably think that IxI is too picky in sharing their opinion to criticize them, either it's by logical or ethical view, while being too critical or perceptive in perceiving xII's Ji. Demonstrative function, in general, also is meant to protect the usage of weak and vulnerable PoLR so it won't easily be exposed by others except when the other functions that are below Ego and ID block are being attacked by others' high functions.

I'm not that fond of being expert here but if there was an incorrect wording, just tell.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 12-10-2021 at 02:14 AM.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InkBlue View Post
    Others often think that I think about things too long-term. I think this is why it's called demonstrative.

Also, Jung has a very good illustration of his demonstrative Ni in his Memories. However, he is much more aware of his unconscious functions than most of us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's strong and hence it's noticable as assured. But it's not what people prefer to use as primary mean.

Among relating to Ni is time flow feeling. IN*J types are generally calm and inspire calmness near them, as they do not doubt in near consequences without significant reasons to be redundantly activated or anxious. But they do not talk significantly about what they think about future and comming results.
    Also they do not talk much about their dreaming ideas or mystical perceptions. They may good if you'll ask. They with more interest will tell by Ne what think about people personal traits, feelings and motivations, about what possibilities exist in situations, about what happens in now time. Based on this it's possibly to assume consequences, but they do not like talk directly about trends they expect (Ni).

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII's use of Ni: I'm thinking of the game Steins;Gate (manipulate time to save the people you love). Another game similar in concept is 428: Shibuya Scramble, changing everyone's fates multiple times to get to a good ending.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the recent typing threads I had more thoughts on this.

Both EII and LII, with their demonstrative Ni, gives me the impression of being quietly bossy, but without any yielding or pushing Se strategies (Se PoLR). They are never demanding or aggressive, and would only do this after feeling comfortable with the people being asked (some relationship established). EII would make Te request ("please do this and that for me, or for your own good"); LII would make Fe request ("please don't do this to keep the group harmony/existing relationship smooth"). So EII has somewhat of a reputation of being a princess, and LII sometimes feels like they are policing Fe (very mild compared to other Fe types, but I can still feel the pain with my Fe PoLR)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to manifest as a heavy and constant nagging reflection on things.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also just random incoming information from the past streaming in all the time. Then I process this information by analyzing it sometimes in a obsessive manner as if it just won’t escape my mind. Whether a person or event it can nag and nag at me. This can be extremely irritating and can cause me a lot of depression. Sometimes especially on the weekends I’ll dread just waking up because it means I’m by myself, and I can’t stop myself from thinking about everything so excessively.
    it’s good because it means we tend to be very aware of our past actions and wanting to change them. So we kinda put them in good/bad boxes or figuring out ways to avoid certain things, or knowing what is truly beneficial. It’s a very I don’t know how to explain it but selective and particular thing that I don’t really notice others doing. I think L from death note could be a good example of it but I didn’t really watch the show fully.
    I tend to have a difficult time too moving on from the past and letting things go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youfloweryourfeast View Post
    Whether a person or event it can nag and nag at me. This can be extremely irritating and can cause me a lot of depression.
    It's not specific about Ni work of EII.

I'd recommend to accept the integral idea that anything good or bad is result of anything in the past, which pushed you to now and future, to good and bad there.
    It's useful to think about what you do now than anything else. In this now exists past and future too. When you'll like what you do now, you'll more like and accept your past and future.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An intuitive sense of foreboding, "bad feeling," horrible nightmares
    On the more neutral or positive end, "waiting for the right time" but simultaneously being aware of ways it can diverge (possibilities - Ne)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is a very good interview with an EII/INFJ even if the definition of Ni sucks in the mbti system. The EII says “I need to know how things turn out otherwise I get stressed.” You see Ni is often coined to making predictions. I think it’s more like viewing the progression of events.

https://youtu.be/GEiAlr3u12E

Sometimes EII can detach from events or the significance of events leaving them bewildered and causing analysis by looking back and trying to piece together what happened and what all that means
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This is a very good interview with an EII/INFJ even if the definition of Ni sucks in the mbti system. The EII says “I need to know how things turn out otherwise I get stressed.” You see Ni is often coined to making predictions. I think it’s more like viewing the progression of events.

https://youtu.be/GEiAlr3u12E

Sometimes EII can detach from events or the significance of events leaving them bewildered and causing analysis by looking back and trying to piece together what happened and what all that means
    this is Si child of INFP /hides/
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1