User Tag List

Thread: I'm new here, blame it on myresearch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm new here, blame it on myresearch

I'm spin, an ILE that stumbled upon typology 8 years ago by taking a personality test online at the time without knowing the repercussions that will come out from that test. Can i sue them for wasting so much of my time ?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Spin
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! Enjoy all access

TIM
    LSI | FVLE | 8 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will never get our time back spinny spin

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome spin
    So blame it on the server
    Don't blame it on me
    Don't blame it on me
    DON'T BLAME IT ON ME

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and Myresearch you know the real culprit here, don't hide behind the server unless you change your name to Myserver.
    And yes Ihsan we will never get our time back, and this is where : Queue in the proposal :"We will as a collective sue all big names in the socionics typology stratosphere, as a class lawsuit to get monetary compensation for our time sunk into these theories and our life spent studying socionics".
    Anyone in ??
    Anyone ??

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spin View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcome, and Myresearch you know the real culprit here, don't hide behind the server unless you change your name to Myserver.
    And yes Ihsan we will never get our time back, and this is where : Queue in the proposal :"We will as a collective sue all big names in the socionics typology stratosphere, as a class lawsuit to get monetary compensation for our time sunk into these theories and our life spent studying socionics".
    Anyone in ??
    Anyone ??

I don't think that would work unless someone has actually been life-threateningly injured by socionics, or it's unlawfully blocked them from making money, but in the meantime, we can milk it and exploit it for more money. Make a Model Spin, bring something nw to the table, charge for typings and $$$.
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if we decide to cooperate as a community and block each others and stop each others from making money in name of socionics so we can blame it on it in the end, it will be a win win situation in this case, and we get rich quickly.
    As for a new model, I'll think about it.