Thread: Is Pete Buttigieg Actually Gay?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Pete Buttigieg Actually Gay?

https://youtu.be/mVcWTYluIUo @Shazaam , as the professional homo of the forum, I am requesting the use of your gaydar. Is this for real? Enquiring minds want to know. Personally I have trouble believing these two have ever touched each other.

Every aspect of this guy's personality seems cynically manufactured.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 11-23-2021 at 12:42 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman

Lmao yes, I think he is actually gay. But of course that doesn't mean you have to like him or agree with his politics or not think he's being fake etc. He's a gay guy second- but politician first. To receive or remain in power, politicians always have to dilute themselves and to pretend to be more non-sexual or non-animalistic than they really are so Karens and scared housewives will vote for them. And act corny and awkward on dates and pretend to like people they don't etc. Of course it's a Machiavallian trick, and him simply being gay doesn't exempt from him doing this.

But believe that he's gay. That's one thing that kinda hurts his power in an objective sense considering we never really had an openly gay guy as president before and I believe it would have increased his chances as a politician if he would have remained in the closet about it, but for whatever reason he didn't want to be duplictious in that sense. It's not cool to bully somebody over that.

Put it this way- what if it was the other way around. What if everybody kept assuming you are gay when you know you're not and you know how much you love pussy/women etc. It would get annoying after awhle and even hurt your feelings, wouldn't it. So that's not a very nice thing to do to somebody- even if they are somebody whose politics you personally loathe etc.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-23-2021 at 02:00 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closeted gay presidents? Lincoln? Jefferson? Those two come to mind immediately.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Lmao yes, I think he is actually gay. But of course that doesn't mean you have to like him or agree with his politics or not think he's being fake etc. He's a gay guy second- but politician first. To receive or remain in power, politicians always have to dilute themselves and to pretend to be more non-sexual or non-animalistic than they really are so Karens and scared housewives will vote for them. And act corny and awkward on dates and pretend to like people they don't etc. Of course it's a Machiavallian trick, and him simply being gay doesn't exempt from him doing this.
    The thing is, plenty of straight couples act...normally. They don't have to be pawing at each other just to come off as generally comfortable with each other. Whatever relationship these two have it doesn't look like they're even used to each other, let alone married. Whenever those two interact it looks to me like they're disgusted by having to kiss or show physical affection to each other, but force themselves to do it anyway. I 100% believe Buttigieg was grown in a lab; being ordered by his CIA handler to pretend to be gay to score identity politics points doesn't strike me as implausible. That guy had his entire life constructed to prime him for the Presidency; why not his sexuality, too?

But believe that he's gay. That's one thing that kinda hurts his power in an objective sense considering we never really had an openly gay guy as president before and I believe it would have increased his chances as a politician if he would have remained in the closet about it, but for whatever reason he didn't want to be duplictious in that sense. It's not cool to bully somebody over that.
    Re. forcing people into closets, I feel like that kind of sexual repression tends to create an interesting and multifaceted personality, if nothing else. Previously we had cool gays; Oscar Wilde types. If public acceptance of homosexuality leads to this kind of "relationship," I feel like it would be in gays' best interest to shove them back in the closet just a little. Lol.

In any case I'm disappointed to hear your evaluation. Buttigieg being a closeted straight is my second-favorite conspiracy theory.

Put it this way- what if it was the other way around. What if everybody kept assuming you are gay when you know you're not and you know how much you love pussy/women etc. It would get annoying after awhle and even hurt your feelings, wouldn't it. So that's not a very nice thing to do to somebody- even if they are somebody whose politics you personally loathe etc.
    If I had a wife and I talked to her like that, I really wouldn't blame anyone for wondering if I'd ever looked at her naked.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's hard enough finding a Dual whom you get along with when you have the advantage of searching in the "straight" part of the population. If you restrict your search to people who are gay (maybe 5% to 25% of the population, so let's say 12%) or people who are Jewish (1.9%, just for example), then you are going to have to compromise in some areas if you don't want to die alone.

I believe that there are many, many good matches for most people out there. The problem is in finding and meeting them, and then having them agree that the two of you are a match.

The odds get pretty long, pretty fast, as soon as you start to impose standards and filters.

Pete and his SO might seem like they don't interact much because they don't interact much. This "distancing" is the most effective way to keep a peace between two very different people. I've seen both straight and gay couples use this "keep your distance" approach in order to stay married.

Keep it brief, keep it polite, stay on topic and don't share too much because the more you know about some people, the less you like them.

I use this exact approach with many of the people whom I work with and know, and it works.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is definitely a serious thread where no one's time is being wasted.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah this so silly/puerile/dumb lol.