Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eugenics

When is this OK? Is it ever OK?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think this kind of a thing will be used besides manipulating certain genes that causes diseases at least by majority. Gene mapping and its manipulation are highly complex and hard to discover, some changes that has been done can lead to massive changes. Whatever the case, I think there would be regulations about usage of it to prevent malpractice like any other thing.

I also think it is ok when it comes to genetic diseases, like if there was a solid option that provides it for me right now, I would want everything to be detected and get rid off and not just about diseases like I would want to be a tetrachromat, extend my life, youth expectancy, etc. Basically, I would want to use it for general betterment not only for diseases.

However, when this kind of a thing used by masses, it is more likely used in a way that prevent genetic variation and that is necessary for survival of species. We all have certain mutation it is not even apparent that we do and those kind of little mutations that we arent even aware of can help us to survive under unexpected conditions. So if people were to given control to detect and get rid of unknown mutations, things like tetrachromat wouldnt even exist.

So my conclusion it is ok for me to use it but not everyone
    Last edited by myresearch; 06-12-2022 at 04:02 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not OK ! But I see it coming back in a rather insidious form. When people start to literally pre order their children with the option of choosing certain genetical attributes like sex, eyes colors etc.. When you know that there are not only semen Banks but a whole market of sperm. I'm sure that this kind of business is going very well and that its future looks as bright as day. People can now know the profiles of the donor and the higher the profile, you guessed it, the higher the price. Those speculations are based on the idea that genetic is a guarantee of reproducibility when it's for certain aspects only a potentiality. Even If you had Tesla's sperm, that would not mean that the child developed from said sperm will be as genius as his father. Besides, if you want it near identical you should have also the genetic material of Tesla's mother or at least an egg from a female of his mother side. Half of the good genes resides in the mother's ovum. Anyway, Eugenics was a sick and bad idea which led to some of the darkest times of our history.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eugenics have been ever present in humans. dominant aggressive people explot the non dominant ppl. thats why most men and women are assholes who are incapable of having genuine relationships with other men, women, transexuals, furries, parents, siblings, children and themselves.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Recently I saw someone say that avoiding power is an abuse of power

Is someone waiting for you to decide, xerx?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Is someone waiting for you to decide, xerx?
    @God.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought about it a lot, but I feel like climate change will naturally fix things anyway so it doesn't concern me much anymore

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's probably not a good a idea given how our technology works. I don't think it's good or bad in itself, though.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I wouldn’t have made the cut, so it’s a no for me dawg

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humans are horrible designers.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are situations where this would be ok, gene editing/screening. Certain disorders are better left out of the gene pool. But on a large scale, generally, there's not a good reason to mess with it. Human potential is hard to measure.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Inbreeding.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's completely unnecessary because we already have natural selection, adding artificial selection just seems like making the gene pool worse. Additionally, I think people would almost certainly do the equivalent of deleting system 32 if they tried to breed or edit for individual traits rather than just breeding the most successful people together... especially since the most successful people breeding together is already generally what happens anyways, tying back to my first point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilthoth View Post
    There are situations where this would be ok, gene editing/screening. Certain disorders are better left out of the gene pool. But on a large scale, generally, there's not a good reason to mess with it. Human potential is hard to measure.

It often seems to be the case that disorders run in the same families as the good genes though. Artists and geniuses are not more likely to be crazy, in fact they are almost certainly less likely, but they tend to be related to crazy people, like the crazy people are just a sort of botched version, something where the proportions are not mixed right or not finished. Would you remove all the horrible people even if it removed all the great people too and all that was left was a world of soulless clones? (I have a hypothesis why this might be the case.)